Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #4
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
i busted my cherry laying strip oak oflooring....at 2" wide... laying six courses along the width of a house would only get you a foot of coverage. We had to drill and hand nail the first few courses then use a "powernailer" to nail no more than 8" apart.
Not sure why they called it that because it was not a pneumatic device....power was supplied by the installer with a weighted mallet swung with gusto to drive flooring tight. Try that for eight hours a day......your back will be aching/burning badly.

Lowes has the vinyl planks for $2.40 a sq ft. ... 7" wide strips make for quick yardage...and there is no minimal waste when you use starter cutoffs at the ends.
I think Mine is still out in the shed somewhere,,,,,,, you can have it! :-)
The last few courses up against a wall is A real pleasure also... LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote