Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 05-11-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
l.i.fish.in.vt

personally i prefer leadcore,it is easy to controll how deep you are fishing.one of the most important pieces of equipment is a gps that has a speed function,you want to stay within 1.8 and 2.0 mph.at this speed leadcore sinks app.5 ft per color.if you want to use braid i would go with one that is color coded so you know how much line you have out.i was never a fan of the keel type weights they are a weed catcher,a simple inline weight would be my choice. as far a reels go,aline counter is just another thing to brake,i use a penn 2/0 senator it will hold 10 colors and about 20 yds of backing.i stay away from levelwinds,another feature that is prone to failure.a jigmaster is also a reel i would trust.as far as tubes go i make my own.i get the tubing and wire from Redtop
l.i.fish.in.vt is offline   Reply With Quote