Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, you commented on FL daily over the summer when their data was awful. Then in the fall when they had some of the best statistics in the country, you refused to mention FL. now that their umbers are bad again, you’re all
over it.

do you not see your bias there?

do you think we don’t all know what you’re rooting for here?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You consistently praised the virtues of DeathSantis, claiming his policies were the best of all.
Odd that his best statistics were found to be falsified
Have you forgotten?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-27-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You consistently praised the virtues of DeathSantis, claiming his policies were the best of all.
Odd that his best statistics were found to be falsified
Have you forgotten?
and when his numbers were bad, i had no trouble speaking to that or admitting it. i’m capable
of criticizing those i agree with.

we’re getting to a point where number of cases is t going to mean much, because most of us are going to get covid regardless of what our state does or doesn’t do. what matters is death rates, adjusted for the population of elderly in each state, compared to the degree of lockdowns in that state. FL could
come out looking horrible in that view.

You guys all still refuse to criticize Cuomo for the way he handled things, but you attack Desantis. they can only be because of rabid partisanship. What other reason is there?
Old 12-28-2021, 05:43 AM   #3
scottw

with the exception of west virginia(who pete hates)..the top ten "highly vaccinated" states are all at record levels of cases and most are still trending up(wait for the Christmas booster)......the bottom ten "poorly vaccinated" states are not....they might get there but they aren't even close to the rise in cases currently occuring in the "highly vaccinated" states...doesn't really seem fair

Joe Biden OCT 2020
@JoeBiden

United States government official

We're eight months into this pandemic, and Donald Trump still doesn't have a plan to get this virus under control. I do.

Old 12-28-2021, 06:00 AM   #4
scottw

pete's beloved south korea

DEC 22 South Korea is struggling to contain a surge in Covid-19 cases, reporting 7,456 infections on Wednesday and a record number of people with serious symptoms, as countries across Asia face a similar battle.

The new infections bring South Korea’s total to 583,065, while the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency said the number of critically ill patients rose to a new high of 1,063.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

There is a measurable decline in cognitive function in people who had just ONE episode of Covid.

What happens after multiple bouts with the virus?

How is the economy going to look if the average age of dementia onset is 60 years rather than 84?
Old 12-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
There is a measurable decline in cognitive function in people who had just ONE episode of Covid.

We read your posts. Well….sometimes…..Must be 3 or 5 for you?
Old 12-28-2021, 08:20 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:

How is the economy going to look if the average age of dementia onset is 60 years rather than 84?
The whole world will be dumbed down, so then we should have economic "equity." Critical theorists should like that.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:22 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The whole world will be dumbed down, so then we should have economic "equity." Critical theorists should like that.
You have to give the Chinese and the democrats credit for coming up with the best way to spread communism yet devised….
Old 12-29-2021, 07:18 AM   #9
scottw

because we are keeping track of these things

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

An unvaccinated man with underlying health conditions died in Texas on Monday after testing positive for the COVID-19 omicron variant

"The Israeli Health Ministry on Tuesday announced the death of a woman from a suspected Omicron infection.

The woman had been vaccinated against COVID-19 and had received a booster shot, according to a ministry statement."
Old 12-29-2021, 09:09 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Next logical step, they've obviously failed to keep society "Safe"
Old 12-29-2021, 11:16 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Next logical step, they've obviously failed to keep society "Safe"
the stores all have masked required signs for unvaccinated people and strongly suggested for vaccinated...most people heed the signs unless their name is Lets Go Brandon....so the people you see walking around a store maskless are most likely vaccinated and just as likely to be carrying around covid as anyone else at this point which means they are the most likely people in the store to be spreading covid...those are the people we need to shame and shun from society...the vax-arrogant
Old 12-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

And I bet there are plenty of people not wearing a seatbelt on their way to work every morning
Old 12-30-2021, 08:14 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Hey did you hear?
USMC becomes smarter, more capable due to losing 200 absolute doofuses who refused to be vaccinated
Old 01-01-2022, 10:54 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
Hey did you hear?
USMC becomes smarter, more capable due to losing 200 absolute doofuses who refused to be vaccinated

I read that the usual MAGA line is freedom this freedom that ..

Completely oblivious more marines and other Branches kick people out for failing drug tests then not getting vaccinated.. seems no weed mandates are acceptable. Because it’s a gateway drug…

Just look how many red states have approved recreational weed almost none. it’s a culture war topic for them , not a freedom argument
Old 01-01-2022, 11:38 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
I read that the usual MAGA line is freedom this freedom that ..

Completely oblivious more marines and other Branches kick people out for failing drug tests then not getting vaccinated.. seems no weed mandates are acceptable. Because it’s a gateway drug…

Just look how many red states have approved recreational weed almost none. it’s a culture war topic for them , not a freedom argument
the fact that so many doctors oppose legalizing weed, can’t possibly have anything to do with it. Republicans aren’t capable of wanting to ever to the right thing.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-01-2022 at 11:47 AM..
Old 01-03-2022, 06:55 AM   #16
scottw

hey, did you see that the Australian health minister has decided that everyone is going to get omicron anyway sooooo...i guess they can stop locking people up against their will....and in related news Israel is considering "mass infection"..

that's 4 shots plus purposeful infection

this is great

how long till dementia joe and dr frankenfauch are telling Americans it's their patriotic duty to get infected....to save a life or something
Old 01-03-2022, 10:08 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hey, did you see that the Australian health minister has decided that everyone is going to get omicron anyway sooooo...i guess they can stop locking people up against their will....and in related news Israel is considering "mass infection"..

that's 4 shots plus purposeful infection

this is great

how long till dementia joe and dr frankenfauch are telling Americans it's their patriotic duty to get infected....to save a life or something

frankenfauch

Your spoken like a true closet cult member
Old 01-03-2022, 09:48 AM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
the fact that so many doctors oppose legalizing weed, can’t possibly have anything to do with it. Republicans aren’t capable of wanting to ever to the right thing.
Now you believe doctors

You get funnier every year
Old 01-03-2022, 09:52 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now you believe doctors

You get funnier every year
when did i not believe doctors? please specify?

i’m vaccinated and boosted, and i’ve said 100 times i can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t get the vaccine.

can’t WAIT for your evidence that i routinely disagree with doctors. can’t wait.

i think Faucci is a clown. But i’m a huge, huge supporter of western medicine. You’re just lying now, fabricating up whatever you have to.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-03-2022 at 09:59 AM..
Old 01-01-2022, 11:15 AM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Well, weed is illegal, so there’s that.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:11 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

One said "I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election.”

The other and his cohorts organized this as part of a coordinated campaign: Peter Navarro tells RollingStone "there were over 100 congressmen — both the House of Representatives and senators — that were lined up to execute [my] plan" to overturn the 2020 election.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:04 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
One said "I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election.”

The other and his cohorts organized this as part of a coordinated campaign: Peter Navarro tells RollingStone "there were over 100 congressmen — both the House of Representatives and senators — that were lined up to execute [my] plan" to overturn the 2020 election.
boy oh boy, was that some selective editing. she said, based on the rules as written, he won, it that those rules suppress the vote, and therefore the election was stolen from the citizens

you can’t be honest. abrams spoke at length, and yiu cherrybouck one benign sounding phrase not even the whole sentence, and try to use that to characterize her entire statement.

pete, she has said 100 times it was stolen. every one of us knows she says it and it still saying it. but you can’t admit what we all know happened.

you’re a good liberal parrot pete. but you are not to be taken seriously, it’s impossible to talk seriously with you when you willfully deny everything that makes your side look bad. that requires an awful lot of lying and denial, but we have seen you’re up to the task.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #23
scottw

Quote:

you’re a good liberal parrot pete.

the left has basically become crazed religious zealots, trump is satan, their sacraments are covid shots, abortion and racial and sexual identity symbolism, they cite scripture from cnn and msnbc and pray to the great god fauci and other "experts" that lead the various causes that they identify with in order to give them a greater sense of superiority and self-worth... non-believers must be censored, impugned or perhaps jailed
Old 01-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #24
scottw

Rhode Island says COVID-positive staff can return to work at hospitals and nursing homes to solve staffing crisis

if you are unvaccinated and test negative you get fired

if you are vaccinated and test positive you are urged to come to work
Old 01-04-2022, 01:36 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
boy oh boy, was that some selective editing. she said, based on the rules as written, he won, it that those rules suppress the vote, and therefore the election was stolen from the citizens

you can’t be honest. abrams spoke at length, and yiu cherrybouck one benign sounding phrase not even the whole sentence, and try to use that to characterize her entire statement.

pete, she has said 100 times it was stolen. every one of us knows she says it and it still saying it. but you can’t admit what we all know happened.

you’re a good liberal parrot pete. but you are not to be taken seriously, it’s impossible to talk seriously with you when you willfully deny everything that makes your side look bad. that requires an awful lot of lying and denial, but we have seen you’re up to the task.

She’s just another liberal political women who works hard within the system, accomplishes goals and calls out foul play as she sees it.
She didn’t coordinate an effort to throw out valid votes, she was mad because the Georgia Secretary of State used his power to remove people from the voter list.
Oddly enough that Secretary of State was running for……Governor

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2022, 02:24 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
She’s just another liberal political women who works hard within the system, accomplishes goals and calls out foul play as she sees it.
She didn’t coordinate an effort to throw out valid votes, she was mad because the Georgia Secretary of State used his power to remove people from the voter list.
Oddly enough that Secretary of State was running for……Governor
“calls out foul play as she sees it.”

which is what trump did. he saw foul play in his warped mind. So did she.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:52 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
“calls out foul play as she sees it.”

which is what trump did. he saw foul play in his warped mind. So did she.
More running defense for Trump Jim stop trying to walk the fence and own it you support Trump and his supporters seditious attempt to overturn the election… your whole defense is based on false equivalence you insist are evidence that’s anything and everything is the same
Old 01-07-2022, 09:30 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

"Today the per capita death rate in Texas is about 35 percent higher than California’s. In Florida, it’s 50 percent higher. . . . If Texas and Florida had California’s per capita death rate, they would each have 20,000 more people alive today. Forty thousand lives saved."
Old 01-09-2022, 02:33 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:
"Today the per capita death rate in Texas is about 35 percent higher than California’s. In Florida, it’s 50 percent higher. . . . If Texas and Florida had California’s per capita death rate, they would each have 20,000 more people alive today. Forty thousand lives saved."
"TODAY"

actually if you are fair and look at the overall statistics, according to Worldometers NJ,NY Michigan, Masss and RI all have higher deaths per million than Florida...Florida is 16th, Texas 27th and during the recent omicron spike, despite the high infections only reporting a couple of deaths per day while NY and Cali are reporting around 100+ per day....deaths in NY, NJ are going up and Fla deaths are declining

Sun Sentinel

Florida has second-lowest COVID death rate in US What's
19 hours ago —
Florida's seven-day average as of Friday was of 0.09 deaths a day per 100,000, or the state with the second-lowest rate in the country.

if that's not good enough for you and since you like to take snap shots and scream at the sky

according to NY Times

states ranked by death rate as of Jan 7th last 7 days

deaths per 100,000
Florida 0.09
California 0.14

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...te-july-1.html

SWEDEN Jan 8, 2022

Sweden this week reported the highest daily number of confirmed cases so far. But its rate of excess deaths during the pandemic is now less than most other countries in Europe.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:48 PM   #30
wdmso

The worlds had enough of the unvaccinated
Greece plans to fine elderly citizens who don’t get a shot

France to tighten rules for unvaccinated people 'putting country at risk'

Germany puts major restrictions on unvaccinated

the world is getting tough on unvaccinated people: Singapore gives them the bill, New Zealand says ‘no jab, no job’ and the US says ‘please’