Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-03-2022, 04:07 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep screaming without paying attention to the issue at the heart of the conflict.

"Do you believe, at any point in pregnancy, that there should be any limit on a woman's right to an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"I think the dialogue has gotten so caught up on when you draw the line that we've gotten away from the fundamental question of who gets to draw the line," Buttigieg said.

"And I trust women to draw the line."

Wallace pointed to late term abortions and asked Buttigieg what his position was in back-and-forth.

"You would be okay with a woman well into the third trimester to obtain an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"These hypotheticals are set up to provoke a strong emotional reaction," Buttigieg said.

"These aren't hypotheticals — there are 6,000 women a year who get an abortion in the third trimester," Wallace said.

"That's right, representing less than one percent of cases a year," Buttigieg replied. The data from 2019 appears to support his claim, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

"So, let's put ourselves in the shoes of a woman in that situation. If it's that late in your pregnancy, that means almost by definition you've been expecting to carry it to term," he went on.

"We're talking about women who have perhaps chosen the name, women who have purchased the crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice."

"That decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made," he said.

But Jim knows better than any woman or doctor how this should be decided.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-03-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Keep screaming without paying attention to the issue at the heart of the conflict.

"Do you believe, at any point in pregnancy, that there should be any limit on a woman's right to an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"I think the dialogue has gotten so caught up on when you draw the line that we've gotten away from the fundamental question of who gets to draw the line," Buttigieg said.

"And I trust women to draw the line."

Wallace pointed to late term abortions and asked Buttigieg what his position was in back-and-forth.

"You would be okay with a woman well into the third trimester to obtain an abortion?" Wallace asked.

"These hypotheticals are set up to provoke a strong emotional reaction," Buttigieg said.

"These aren't hypotheticals — there are 6,000 women a year who get an abortion in the third trimester," Wallace said.

"That's right, representing less than one percent of cases a year," Buttigieg replied. The data from 2019 appears to support his claim, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

"So, let's put ourselves in the shoes of a woman in that situation. If it's that late in your pregnancy, that means almost by definition you've been expecting to carry it to term," he went on.

"We're talking about women who have perhaps chosen the name, women who have purchased the crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice."

"That decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made," he said.

But Jim knows better than any woman or doctor how this should be decided.
i’m not screaming, i’m responding. the heart of the matter, the whole
matter,,is whether or not the unborn is a person. that’s all
it’s about.

I don’t truth people
to draw the line. that’s why we need laws, because some people
will draw that line to allow them
to do wicked things. Pete’s answer was a complete, total, cop out.

IF you believe the baby is a person (and you do not, which is fine), you wouldn’t trust women to draw the line where they see fit.

The left always frames this dishonestly.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:01 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m not screaming, i’m responding. the heart of the matter, the whole
matter,,is whether or not the unborn is a person. that’s all
it’s about.

I don’t truth people
to draw the line. that’s why we need laws, because some people
will draw that line to allow them
to do wicked things. Pete’s answer was a complete, total, cop out.

IF you believe the baby is a person (and you do not, which is fine), you wouldn’t trust women to draw the line where they see fit.

The left always frames this dishonestly.
I think the majority of women will argue the heart of the issue is they should have control of their own bodies and the decision is theirs. I agree with them, but I know you wil ramble on.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:25 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I think the majority of women will argue the heart of the issue is they should have control of their own bodies and the decision is theirs. I agree with them, but I know you wil ramble on.
they can argue that, but it’s a smokescreen. and i can prove it.

Are you ok with laws that prevent female teachers from getting involved with male students? i assume you’re ok with those laws, most people are.

in other words, we all agree women can do what they want with their bodies, as long as the choice doesn’t harm someone else. everyone agrees with that. i agree with that, so do you.

Therefore, this is t about women’s rights to make choices. all it’s about, is the status of the baby.

i dare you to make that wrong. you can’t.

ever single criminal law, limits choices people ( even women) can make.