Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 10-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #1
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Cleaned up ..... ready for occupancy.

Yesterday my boss asked me about my plans for retirement...I had mentioned to him a few months ago that I will turn 66 this december.
He has been struggling with how much work to take on in the coming year....says he may have to turn down jobs if manpower is not there.
He has always been very selective...or wary of new hires as they can be a total bust.

I told him that my head is still in it and I enjoy my work and the guys I work with. Bottom line is i intend to keep working until I cant. But also that I would like to have more time off during boating season....so part time next summer. He was glad to hear Im not going anywhere. He told me that the almost new company truck I drive will be mine to keep when I leave.......I will start collecting my ss in a few months but salt them away for future use.
Glad to hear this Bob… lord knows you’ve earned it… ( deserve? )

Stop wishin, go fishin, LOL
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:23 AM   #2
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Glad to hear this Bob… lord knows you’ve earned it… ( deserve? )

Stop wishin, go fishin, LOL

Thanks Ray. I've had jobs with several different employers over the years......some were disrespectful and unappreciative nitpickers.
Worked for these guys for almost twenty years now.....never ever had bad feelings....always positive and uplifting....makes coming to work enjoyable........unlike the guys running the millwork shop where I spent too much time before quitting....where we employees were treated like "dime a dozen.... throw away.... pos". I actually overheard that from that boss.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #3
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Thanks Ray. I've had jobs with several different employers over the years......some were disrespectful and unappreciative nitpickers.
Worked for these guys for almost twenty years now.....never ever had bad feelings....always positive and uplifting....makes coming to work enjoyable........unlike the guys running the millwork shop where I spent too much time before quitting....where we employees were treated like "dime a dozen.... throw away.... pos". I actually overheard that from that boss.
Some of us “GET IT”
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:08 AM   #4
Rmarsh

Back to work on the little house on columns. The stair and railings are finished up .... now to enclose the entire underside of the house with pvc sheets and trim.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:54 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote