Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2022, 08:47 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
YOU yourself, itemized all the exceptions to the rule, that allow one to work while on a student visa, including working off campus. You have no way of knowing if he broke any rule. But his story doesn't paint liberalism favorably, so you pretend that he must have broken the rules.

He worked with Immigration and his lawyers every single step of the way.

If it weren't for the who-knows-how-many millions of illegals here, we'd have more spots available for people who choose to obey the rules. Which is obviously fair. But it makes liberals look bad, because they are currently embracing some pretty kooky things.
You know him . Jim but why twist into I have no way of knowing if he broke any rules ? Give it up you can’t or won’t say he didn’t break any rules . Why is that?

and if that was True he didn’t break the rules.. he wouldn’t have been forced to leave..

Like I said you have a loose relationship with the Truth
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-20-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
You know him . Jim but why twist into I have no way of knowing if he broke any rules ? Give it up you can’t or won’t say he didn’t break any rules . Why is that?

and if that was True he didn’t break the rules.. he wouldn’t have been forced to leave..

Like I said you have a loose relationship with the Truth
I'll give it up when you stop dodging this obvious question...how is it fair to heap rewards on those who break the rules, while punishing those who obey the rules?

Why can't you just answer? (Because it's a losing issue for your side)
Old 10-20-2022, 09:51 AM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
I'll give it up when you stop dodging this obvious question...how is it fair to heap rewards on those who break the rules, while punishing those who obey the rules?

Why can't you just answer? (Because it's a losing issue for your side)
if you are claiming asylum you are following the Rules is it that hard ?
Old 10-20-2022, 11:50 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
The people fleeing Venezuela technically aren’t fleeing because they are being persecuted, they are fleeing because of a crumbling economy.

To claim asylum, they have to be fleeing persecution based on things like political views and religion. So they legally can’t be granted asylum.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2022, 03:13 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The people fleeing Venezuela technically aren’t fleeing because they are being persecuted, they are fleeing because of a crumbling economy.

To claim asylum, they have to be fleeing persecution based on things like political views and religion. So they legally can’t be granted asylum.
Still don’t understand how it works I am shocked

Just to help you out ! migrants can claim what ever they want to claim

Only those who pass a credible fear interview are referred back to USCIS for a separate “asylum merits interview.” At this interview, which is supposed to occur within 21-45 days of the credible fear interview, the asylum officer will determine whether or not to grant the person asylum.

That’s the law
Old 10-20-2022, 03:26 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

Only those who pass a credible fear interview are referred back to USCIS for a separate “asylum merits interview.” At this interview, which is supposed to occur within 21-45 days of the credible fear interview, the asylum officer will determine whether or not to grant the person asylum.

That’s the law
The law also says that asylum seekers have to enter legally at a port of entry. See 8 USC 1325.

You very conveniently left that out.

For the 20th time, please tell me how the feds know where illegals are (since many of them have never spoken to anyone in the government), and therefore how do the feds know how much money to send where, to support the infastructure you said exists for them.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
Old 10-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

That’s the law
Enlighten me, ye of the incomprehensible sentence, on the ways of the world, use that superior intellect of yours to educate me, on something that, yet again, I didn’t say.

I know there’s a process numb nuts

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Enlighten me, ye of the incomprehensible sentence, on the ways of the world, use that superior intellect of yours to educate me, on something that, yet again, I didn’t say.

I know there’s a process numb nuts
clearly. you can’t or won’t follow that process

Let me guess you’re not claiming those MV migrants were economic migrants and did not qualified to be asylum.seekers ?

I forgot you never say anything
Old 10-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
so you’re saying there’s no such thing as illegal immigration? my god, anything to avoid answering a challenging question.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:01 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
so you’re saying there’s no such thing as illegal immigration? my god, anything to avoid answering a challenging question.
You can never stay on topic can you ?

Illegals get deported all the time only in Republicans fantasy’s
This only happens when they are in the White House when they lose

It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border

Also when’s the next caravans expected ? Is is midterms
Old 10-20-2022, 03:28 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can never stay on topic can you ?

Illegals get deported all the time only in Republicans fantasy’s
This only happens when they are in the White House when they lose

It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border

Also when’s the next caravans expected ? Is is midterms
Illegals who get caught, can get deported. There are millions and millions who are still here. Who should have to pay for their care?

"It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border"

Historically, as I have said, both parties encouraged illegal immigration. And Trump abd the GOP get an F for not building the wall when they could have. Today, only one party is actively encouraging it.

This estimate guesses that 11.5 million illegals are living in the US. Who should have to pay for that? Just the border states? Why don't the residents of Marthas Vineyard have to take their share?

https://cis.org/Report/Estimating-Il...ulation-Survey
Old 10-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Illegals who get caught, can get deported. There are millions and millions who are still here. Who should have to pay for their care?

"It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border"

Historically, as I have said, both parties encouraged illegal immigration. And Trump abd the GOP get an F for not building the wall when they could have. Today, only one party is actively encouraging it.

This estimate guesses that 11.5 million illegals are living in the US. Who should have to pay for that? Just the border states? Why don't the residents of Marthas Vineyard have to take their share?

https://cis.org/Report/Estimating-Il...ulation-Survey
Who should have to pay for their care?

To bad Jim that’s another republican fantasy

Study after study shows they are a net gain to the economy

But again facts are easier to dismiss when they don’t fit the narrative