Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-30-2023, 09:05 PM   #1
Jim in CT

anti police rhetoric

Democrat Cori Bush of MO, said Friday that policing is “a tool of white supremacy.”.

she writes federal laws. Hooray!!!
Old 01-31-2023, 08:40 AM   #2
PaulS

The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:51 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” and rebuked two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.
You had top go to January 6th in a thread about bashing cops?

You're such an intellectual coward it's unbelievable. You simply cannot comment on that which doesn't paint your side favorably. You can't jus say that was a stupid thing to say? Do you have any reaction to her words Paul? Any at all?

Two things can be true at the same time Paul. Some in the GOP have behaved horribly in regards to January 6, and at the same time, some democrats are being unbelievably dishonest and reckless with their anti cop rhetoric.

Whatever portion of the January 6th rally that broke laws that day, they killed exactly zero people. Z-e-r-o. How many cops have been ambushed by people who buy into your side's painting the police as racist assassins?
Old 01-31-2023, 09:37 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

You're such an intellectual coward it's unbelievable. You simply cannot comment on that which doesn't paint your side favorably. You can't jus say that was a stupid thing to say? Do you have any reaction to her words Paul? Any at all?

Two things can be true at the same time Paul. Some in the GOP have behaved horribly in regards to January 6, and at the same time, some democrats are being unbelievably dishonest and reckless with their anti cop rhetoric.

Whatever portion of the January 6th rally that broke laws that day, they killed exactly zero people. Z-e-r-o. How many cops have been ambushed by people who buy into your side's painting the police as racist assassins?

Well in his defense There were a lot of cops being bashed physically and verbally

And Jim you get all but hurt when I leave a part out 1 of your statements.. Seem Bush is not afforded that Courtesy but no matter here part of her response The rest can be read here.

https://bush.house.gov/media/press-r...f-tyre-nichols

Charging the officers who brutalized Tyre is not enough. Our country will continue to sanction the taking of Black lives with impunity until it embraces an affirmative vision of public safety and dismantles its racist policing system rooted in enslavement and government control. And let’s be clear: merely diversifying police forces will never address the violent, racist architecture that underpins our entire criminal legal system. The mere presence of Black officers does not stop policing from being a tool of white supremacy.

FYI this is an example of what critical race theory is about. It’s institutional
She mentions no individuals but the concept of policing Seems Jim you always lack any historical Perspective in response to peoples comments….

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...ow-you-finish/

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...-militancy-law
Old 01-31-2023, 09:53 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:

You're such an intellectual coward it's unbelievable.and your such a POS that you can't respond without insulting people. You simply cannot comment on that which doesn't paint your side favorably. You can't jus say that was a stupid thing to say? Do you have any reaction to her words Paul? Any at all?

Two things can be true at the same time Paul. Some in the GOP have behaved horribly in regards to January 6, and at the same time, some democrats are being unbelievably dishonest and reckless with their anti cop rhetoric.But you started a stupid post to discuss a stupid statement.

You really are a P O S.

Here is a statement from the leading Presidential Republican candidate stating he trusts Putin over US intelligence agencies. Read what he said and look how classless he is - he insults people just as you do. It is difficult to tell the difference between his insults and yours.

"Remember in Helsinki when a 3rd rate reporter asked me, essentially, who I trusted more, President Putin of Russia, or our ‘Intelligence' lowlifes," Trump wrote on his social media platform. "My instinct at the time was that we had really bad people in the form of James Comey, McCabe (whose wife was being helped out by Crooked Hillary while Crooked was under investigation!), Brennan, Peter Strzok (whose wife is at the SEC) & his lover, Lisa Page. Now add McGonigal & other slime to the list. Who would you choose, Putin or these Misfits?," he added.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:54 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Well in his defense There were a lot of cops being bashed physically and verbally

And Jim you get all but hurt when I leave a part out 1 of your statements.. Seem Bush is not afforded that Courtesy but no matter here part of her response The rest can be read here.

https://bush.house.gov/media/press-r...f-tyre-nichols

Charging the officers who brutalized Tyre is not enough. Our country will continue to sanction the taking of Black lives with impunity until it embraces an affirmative vision of public safety and dismantles its racist policing system rooted in enslavement and government control. And let’s be clear: merely diversifying police forces will never address the violent, racist architecture that underpins our entire criminal legal system. The mere presence of Black officers does not stop policing from being a tool of white supremacy.

FYI this is an example of what critical race theory is about. It’s institutional
She mentions no individuals but the concept of policing Seems Jim you always lack any historical Perspective in response to peoples comments….

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...ow-you-finish/

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...-militancy-law
How does including Bush's earlier statements, change the fact that she claims the police institution (not just the few bad cops, but the entire institution) is racist?

If police are white supremacists, then guess what wayne, prison guards are the sadistic guys on the plantation who whipped slaves. Because your profession only exists, to forcibly keep in line people who Bush says are victims of white supremacy. In her mind you're a guard at a concentration camp.

Make that wrong.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:55 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
You really are a P O S.

he insults people just as you do. It is difficult to tell the difference between his insults and yours.

I can fill Johns server with examples of your insults. But you're a liberal, so it's not a character flaw when you do it. That must be very convenient.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:00 AM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
I can fill Johns server with examples of your insults. But you're a liberal, so it's not a character flaw when you do it. That must be very convenient.
Just like yesterday there is no reason for me to take your POS insults. If you can't respond back like a big boy that is on you.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:06 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just like yesterday there is no reason for me to take your POS insults. If you can't respond back like a big boy that is on you.
I see. When you respond ot my insults with insults, that's a virtue. When I respond to your insults with insults, it's a character flaw.

Yesterday, you told a demonstrable lie, that I saw the entire state of TN is awesome. It was a complete lie. I called you out for it, and you gave me a sexual invitation.

That's my bad? I should let it go uncorrected when you blatantly lie and dodge? Again, very convenient how you set up rules in such a way that everything you do is virtuous.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:28 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
I see. When you respond ot my insults with insults, that's a virtue. When I respond to your insults with insults, it's a character flaw.Show Me where I insulted you first?

Yesterday, you told a demonstrable lie, that I saw the entire state of TN is awesome. It was a complete lie. I called you out for it, and you gave me a sexual invitation.No, yesterday you had told WDMS that "no, you exclude the outliers" and I responded back with "Except when you use Brentwood TN? Isn't that the one you use to talk about how great TN is while ignoring all the stats about how far behind the state of TN is?"

That's my bad? I should let it go uncorrected when you blatantly lie and dodge? Again, very convenient how you set up rules in such a way that everything you do is virtuous.
So where did I blatently lie? Where did I state as you said "that I saw (I guess what you meant by that gibberish is said?) the entire state of TN is awesome"? See I never said that. I was pointing out how you want someone else to not discuss outliers but that is what you just did and do it repeatedly.

You are such an angry POS you don't even know what people said. Here is another "sexual invitation" - such my #^&#^&#^&#^& you angry POS.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:47 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
How does including Bush's earlier statements, change the fact that she claims the police institution (not just the few bad cops, but the entire institution) is racist?

If police are white supremacists, then guess what wayne, prison guards are the sadistic guys on the plantation who whipped slaves. Because your profession only exists, to forcibly keep in line people who Bush says are victims of white supremacy. In her mind you're a guard at a concentration camp.

Make that wrong.
Again you’re confusing her concerns of institutional structures and claiming she’s saying police are white supremac

Actually asks anyone if they think prison guards are sadistic . 95 % will say yes. And expect inmates to be treated harshly
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-31-2023, 02:55 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again you’re confusing her concerns of institutional structures and claiming she’s saying police are white supremac

Actually asks anyone if they think prison guards are sadistic . 95 % will say yes. And expect inmates to be treated harshly
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd. No sane person could look at the data and conclude there’s institutional racism. The data make that impossible

I don’t think prison guards are sadistic. She is the one who says our criminal justice system, of which you are a part, is a tool of white supremacy. I don’t think that. She does.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:30 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd. No sane person could look at the data and conclude there’s institutional racism. The data make that impossible

I don’t think prison guards are sadistic. She is the one who says our criminal justice system, of which you are a part, is a tool of white supremacy. I don’t think that. She does.
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd.

You still can’t comprehend she did not call police Racist she clearly state the institution to be the problem all not the people whom work in the field of policing

And thanks you for not being one of the 95%
Old 01-31-2023, 09:33 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’m reacting to what she said. Her concerns of institutional racism among the police are beyond absurd.

You still can’t comprehend she did not call police Racist she clearly state the institution to be the problem all not the people whom work in the field of policing

And thanks you for not being one of the 95%
what is the institution, if not the people
in the profession? Please explain. I’m all ears. What is she saying is institutionally racist?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-31-2023 at 09:40 PM..
Old 02-01-2023, 01:43 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s a little article on the history of police in America

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-of-the-police
Old 02-01-2023, 02:15 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Here’s a little article on the history of police in America

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-of-the-police
wayne is saying she was t calling the police racists. You’re saying she’s right to call them ‘racists.

until very recently, the police gave all their political help to democrats, who gleefully accepted. My whole
life, until very recently, the police and democrats were hand in hand. so are you saying your party, for decades, willingly signed themselves with racists? sure sounds like that’s what you’re saying.

Socioeconomics, nor race, dictate that blacks will commit a disproportionate share of violent crime. Not because they’re black, but because they’re more likely to be poor, more likely to have grown up without a dad.

Common sense suggests most police interactions will be, and should be, where most violent crime takes place.

therefore, police will have a disproportionate share of interactions with blacks. That’s not racist. It’s inevitable because of socioeconomics.

pete, you get in trouble, you call 911, the cops come running to you. they don’t care what color you are, they don’t care that you’re a deranged liberal parrot who hates police because CNN tells him to. They don’t care that they are putting themselves in danger. They drop what they’re doing, and they run to you.

that doesn’t mean they’re perfect, doesn’t mean we don’t look for good reforms and doesn’t mean we don’t weed out the bad apples. But maybe it means you could put politics aside for a nanosecond and admit the obvious truth about them. But you can’t. Partisan politics derives your every breath.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:42 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
wayne is saying she was t calling the police racists. You’re saying she’s right to call them ‘racists.

until very recently, the police gave all their political help to democrats, who gleefully accepted. My whole
life, until very recently, the police and democrats were hand in hand. so are you saying your party, for decades, willingly signed themselves with racists? sure sounds like that’s what you’re saying.

Socioeconomics, nor race, dictate that blacks will commit a disproportionate share of violent crime. Not because they’re black, but because they’re more likely to be poor, more likely to have grown up without a dad.

Common sense suggests most police interactions will be, and should be, where most violent crime takes place.

therefore, police will have a disproportionate share of interactions with blacks. That’s not racist. It’s inevitable because of socioeconomics.

pete, you get in trouble, you call 911, the cops come running to you. they don’t care what color you are, they don’t care that you’re a deranged liberal parrot who hates police because CNN tells him to. They don’t care that they are putting themselves in danger. They drop what they’re doing, and they run to you.

that doesn’t mean they’re perfect, doesn’t mean we don’t look for good reforms and doesn’t mean we don’t weed out the bad apples. But maybe it means you could put politics aside for a nanosecond and admit the obvious truth about them. But you can’t. Partisan politics derives your every breath.
You need to educate yourself on the militarization of the police and stop being a blind police fan boy.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Most Americans, including a majority of President Donald Trump’s Republican Party, support sweeping law enforcement reforms such as a ban on chokeholds and racial profiling after the latest death of an African American while in police custody, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Thursday.
That was in 2020

Police are like teachers there going endorse who ever is going to give them money That’s why they backed Trump he was going to let them off their chains

After a year of protests over police brutality, some Republican-controlled states have ignored or blocked police-reform proposals, moving instead in the other direction by granting greater powers to officers, making it harder to discipline them and expanding their authority to crack down on demonstrations.

Accepting the police endorsement in July, Trump tweeted: “I will ALWAYS back the men and women in blue, and never let you down. LAW AND ORDER will prevail!”

How did that work out for him .. the GOP would love to have a police state .. while claiming it’s to keep Americans safe
Old 02-01-2023, 05:41 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
You need to educate yourself on the militarization of the police and stop being a blind police fan boy.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Most Americans, including a majority of President Donald Trump’s Republican Party, support sweeping law enforcement reforms such as a ban on chokeholds and racial profiling after the latest death of an African American while in police custody, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Thursday.
That was in 2020

Police are like teachers there going endorse who ever is going to give them money That’s why they backed Trump he was going to let them off their chains

After a year of protests over police brutality, some Republican-controlled states have ignored or blocked police-reform proposals, moving instead in the other direction by granting greater powers to officers, making it harder to discipline them and expanding their authority to crack down on demonstrations.

Accepting the police endorsement in July, Trump tweeted: “I will ALWAYS back the men and women in blue, and never let you down. LAW AND ORDER will prevail!”

How did that work out for him .. the GOP would love to have a police state .. while claiming it’s to keep Americans safe
you’re saying police endorse republicans now, because republicans are giving them. ire money then democrats?

Please prove that wayne. That’s absurd nonsense. Democrats are still
way more pro union. but police have had enough of being called racist assassins by democrats.

You’re an absolute, shameless
liar. prove me wrong. show me some data to support your statement that republicans want to give more money to police than democrats. Stupidest thing you’ve said in awhile.

wanting to ban chokeholds isnt the same thing as constantly telling the country that police are racist. you’re saying that’s as far as the left wants to go with police reform? please…

lord almighty…

for the 5th time now, who was congresswoman Bush calling racist?

If cops are white supremacists, then you’re an Aushwitz prison guard wayne. that’s all you are. Just hired muscle for the Klan to keep the darkies in line. if you agree with Bush, then you agree with that. Can’t have it both ways.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:59 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

You’re losing it, you don’t know me and you obviously don’t know cops.

The weeding has never been done well.

You’re a shining example of white privilege.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-01-2023, 07:45 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re losing it, you don’t know me and you obviously don’t know cops.

The weeding has never been done well.

You’re a shining example of white privilege.
oh we’ve all got you figured out, believe me. took all of a day. and the data on cops is very clear.

There are somewhere around 750,000 cops in the country. tens if not hundreds of millions of interactions with people every year. some are in the most stressful imaginable situations. and out of tens or hundreds of millions of interactions a year, maybe a few dozen unarmed civilians are killed, and those aren’t all unjustified. One unjustified death is too many, but the irrefutable data is crystal clear, there’s no epidemic. not even close.

I’m all in favor of improving the process of weeding out the psychos. No one objects to that. What is disgusting, is demonizing all of them to the point where it gets some of them killed. That’s what your side is doing. for political gain. congratulations.

“white privilege.”. right. pete, the most economically successful demographic in the us isn’t whites. it’s asians. If white privilege is such a big factor, how do asians do it?

answer - it’s not about skin color. it’s about the quality of the parents you were born to. the data also makes that clear. black kids born to two loving committed parents who work hard and make good decisions,,do just fine. White kids born to single teenage moms, struggle.

it ain’t about skin color. But that’s what your side leads with, because it’s all you have. The truth doesn’t help get democrats elected.

we don’t need to all be white to succeed. We need to behave more like the asians - extremely tight knit families that work amazingly hard and see education as a gift from god and they take better advantage of it.

“good parent” privilege is a thousand times more valuable than white privileged.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:27 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Ah, the “good” Asians, you never miss a good trope.

Smart." "Hard-working." "Nice." Those were among the adjectives that respondents offered up in a recent poll when asked to describe Asian Americans.

The poll, conducted by the nonprofit Leading Asian Americans to Unite for Change (LAAUNCH), was another all-too-familiar reminder that Asian Americans are still perceived as the "model minority."

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/25/99987...model-minority
Old 02-02-2023, 07:57 AM   #22
wdmso

California police face scrutiny after killing double amputee

They shot a guy in a wheelchair because he wouldn’t drop his knife

The suspect had allegedly left his wheelchair, approached the victim and stabbed him in the chest with a 12in butcher knife, before returning to the wheelchair and fleeing the scene...

Sounds like he knew the person

When officers caught up with Mr Lowe, according to the police statement, he "ignored the officer's verbal commands and threatened to advance or throw the knife at officers".
Police say that after two unsuccessful attempts to use Tasers to subdue Mr Lowe, they shot him.

Lt Hugo He tried to run away, and every time he turned around and did the motion like he was gonna throw the knife at him, they tased him," he told the newspaper.

And police are confused why they have a bad rap.

A blanket over his head would have stopped he’s reign of terror or the curb
Old 02-02-2023, 08:32 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
you’re saying police endorse republicans now, because republicans are giving them. ire money then democrats?

Please prove that wayne. That’s absurd nonsense. Democrats are still
way more pro union. but police have had enough of being called racist assassins by democrats.

You’re an absolute, shameless
liar. prove me wrong. show me some data to support your statement that republicans want to give more money to police than democrats. Stupidest thing you’ve said in awhile.

wanting to ban chokeholds isnt the same thing as constantly telling the country that police are racist. you’re saying that’s as far as the left wants to go with police reform? please…

lord almighty…

for the 5th time now, who was congresswoman Bush calling racist?

If cops are white supremacists, then you’re an Aushwitz prison guard wayne. that’s all you are. Just hired muscle for the Klan to keep the darkies in line. if you agree with Bush, then you agree with that. Can’t have it both ways.
For the 5 th the Institution Jim not the people. I guessed you ignored my IRS example. And as usual your needles stuck on stupid again

Did you look up the Militarization of the police and it’s effects on the institutions and it’s members or how red states

What’s stupid is somehow you concluded some police unions shifts towards republicans isn’t about money?

show me some data to support your statement that republicans want to give more money to police than democrats.

Really playing dumb again 2 seconds ago you claiming democrats want to defund police but now they’re still giving more to police? So are you saying police unions were wrong when they backed Trump? Actually they were he did nothing for them he just did what he did to the rest of his supporters told them what they wanted to hear.

In his 2019 budget plan, the Trump administration proposes a nearly 50 percent cut to the COPS Hiring Program, which helps hire local police ...

Yet Ron’s gears up for 2024 with the same idea to convince police he’s on their side
Gov. Ron DeSantis to pay $5K to police who relocate to Florida

Ron claiming Florida is the most pro law enforcement state backing the blue and he’s different from states who what to defund police

Go read this is sounds and reads like something out of Putin’s office pure Propaganda

https://www.flgov.com/2022/04/01/gov...in-the-nation/
Old 02-02-2023, 08:45 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
California police face scrutiny after killing double amputee

And police are confused why they have a bad rap.
This is going to be the most illuminating question I'll ever ask you, you answer will tell us everything we need to know about your principles. Everything.

You posted an "obscure" (in your words) incident of cops apparently making a big mistake ( the record shows your side gets these things wrong fairly often, so let's wait until the facts are known). You post an incident of a few cops in CA regarding one incident, and you admit that you give "cops a bad rap" because of it. By your own admission, you blame all of the hundreds of thousands of cops for the actions of a miniscule few. You're saying the whole group is responsible for the actions of the few worst. These are your words.

Here we go. Are you ready?

If I do a google search of how many black people committed murder so far this year, how many do you think I'll see? Using your exact logic, why don't you blame the whole group, for the actions of a few bad apples? That's exactly what you did with cops, why won't you do it with blacks?

Answer...you have no principles, no core beliefs, none...except serving liberalism. With any group that you don't see as helping democrats getting elected, you'll gleefully blame that whole group for the actions of a small minority. With any group on the left, you would never do that.

So why do you blame all cops for the actions of a few bad apples, but you'd never do that with any group on the left? How many teachers get arrested every year for sexually assaulting students, do you blame all teachers? Of course not.

Wayne, how many corrupt prison guards are there? Can I blame you for what they do? Why not? After all, that's exactly what you do with cops. I just googled "prison guard arrested", and I saw case after case after case of guards arrested for smuggling drugs and for sexual assault.

Here's an interesting article, arrests of federal prison guards are up 90% in the last decade.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...-cases-double/

We'd all love to see you try to spin your way out this obvious double standard wayne. Good luck.

Nobody is "confused" about why cops have a bad rap. Everyone knows why. Because the left (which includes the media) needs something other than the truth, to explain what's happening in our cities. The truth would expose liberalism for the destructive lunacy it clearly is, so they throw cops under the bus. An honest person would look at our cities, and say "what we're doing isn't working, let's try something else". What liberals say, is "what we're doing isn't working. Who can we blame it on, besides the ones who actually contributed to it"?
Old 02-02-2023, 09:01 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ah, the “good” Asians, you never miss a good trope.

Smart." "Hard-working." "Nice." Those were among the adjectives that respondents offered up in a recent poll when asked to describe Asian Americans.

The poll, conducted by the nonprofit Leading Asian Americans to Unite for Change (LAAUNCH), was another all-too-familiar reminder that Asian Americans are still perceived as the "model minority."

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/25/99987...model-minority
You dodged the question, shocker.

If white privilege is what allows people to thrive, why are Asians thriving more than whites?

It's a simple question. Yet it scares the sh*t out of you, because the obvious answer, spits in the face of what you believe.

I never said Asians were nicer. I said they are the most economically successful race in the US. I said that because (1) it's true, and (2) I knew it would make you go berserk, because you cannot explain why that is true, without making your beliefs seem like bullsh*t.

Go ahead. Tell us why Asians are prospering more than any other ethnicity, including whites?

Asians have by far the lowest fatherless rate, 15% (blacks are at 66%). Kids without dads struggle, regardless of race.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2021/1...atherlessness/

Asians have, BY FAR, the highest rate of people graduating from college...Kids who don't get a good education or acquire marketable skills, tend to struggle, regardless of race.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...by-enthnicity/

The Brookings Institute found that following 3 simple steps (regardless of race) drastically reduces poverty rates. Graduate from high school, work full time, don't make babies until you are married and over 21.

That's it. It may not be easy (getting educated and working hard for 45 years is hard), but it's simple. It's not complicated. You don't need to be white. You just need to make good decisions.

This is why Asians thrive. Not because they are Asian. But because as a group, they embrace these productive choices.

Make that wrong, jackazz.

You've been absolutely pulverized. Obliterated. Man, that felt good, like going for a run.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:39 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:

Make that wrong, jackazz.

You've been absolutely pulverized. Obliterated. Man, that felt good, like going for a run.
So what set you off that you need to reply like that? Just wondering what got you so mad that you reach so low?
Old 02-02-2023, 11:01 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
So what set you off that you need to reply like that? Just wondering what got you so mad that you reach so low?
him saying that there’s no valid reason to point to asians as successful.

Same question to you paul. If white privilege is a big deal, such a big determining factor in future success, why aren’t whites the most prosperous race? Why are asians more prosperous than whites? am i wrong if i say it’s because having solid parents and making good decisions, is much more important than the skin color you were born with? i do t know if i’ve ever heard a democrat willing to admit it, they just dance around it.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:45 AM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
This is going to be the most illuminating question I'll ever ask you, you answer will tell us everything we need to know about your principles. Everything.

You posted an "obscure" (in your words) incident of cops apparently making a big mistake ( the record shows your side gets these things wrong fairly often, so let's wait until the facts are known).

Obscure story on the BBC after cops beat a man to death a few week’s ago more Intellectually, dishonest jim

What facts do you need know Jim ? they shot a guy with no legs in a wheel chair ! what facts would I need to hear to justify that ! It would be he had a gun and was pointing it at police It’s not rocket science

You post an incident of a few cops in CA regarding one incident, and you admit that you give "cops a bad rap" because of it. By your own admission, you blame all of the hundreds of thousands of cops for the actions of a miniscule few. You're saying the whole group is responsible for the actions of the few worst. These are your words.

No Jim those are your words and your fantasies

Here we go. Are you ready?

If I do a google search of how many black people committed murder so far this year, how many do you think I'll see? Using your exact logic, why don't you blame the whole group, for the actions of a few bad apples? That's exactly what you did with cops, why won't you do it with blacks?

Poor Jim doesn’t understand crime blacks whites Asians Hispanics Statistically. Kill and rob rape and assault people from their own communities. And race. About 6 % of people in those communities commit 99% of the crimes

Answer...you have no principles, no core beliefs, none...except serving liberalism. With any group that you don't see as helping democrats getting elected, you'll gleefully blame that whole group for the actions of a small minority. With any group on the left, you would never do that.

So why do you blame all cops for the actions of a few bad apples, but you'd never do that with any group on the left? How many teachers get arrested every year for sexually assaulting students, do you blame all teachers? Of course not.

Jim stop your lies that I and any one who criticizes Police blame all police cops. But don’t think good cops don’t bear some responsibility in why bad cops don’t get removed….

Wayne, how many corrupt prison guards are there? Can I blame you for what they do? Why not? After all, that's exactly what you do with cops. I just googled "prison guard arrested", and I saw case after case after case of guards arrested for smuggling drugs and for sexual assault.

Here's an interesting article, arrests of federal prison guards are up 90% in the last decade.

Not shocking same in state prison selling Drugs or what we call lugging
And it’s not a new issue but the same applies the culture in prisons as it does in police and other officers look away or keep silent because they don’t what to be st Stigmatized by the group Aka institution of police or corrections as being a snitch .. but I don’t expect you to understand the Group dynamics of law enforcement.. but that hasn’t stopped you from acting like you know how it works

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...-cases-double/

We'd all love to see you try to spin your way out this obvious double standard wayne. Good luck.

The Only one spinning here is you Jim and it’s evidence in your comment below. Because you idolize police and it’s not healthy

Nobody is "confused" about why cops have a bad rap. Everyone knows why. Because the left (which includes the media) needs something other than the truth, to explain what's happening in our cities. The truth would expose liberalism for the destructive lunacy it clearly is, so they throw cops under the bus. An honest person would look at our cities, and say "what we're doing isn't working, let's try something else". What liberals say, is "what we're doing isn't working. Who can we blame it on, besides the ones who actually contributed to it"?

An honest person would look at our cities, and say "what we're doing isn't working, let's try something else"

Well Jim clearly that’s not you . What’s going on in citys here in the US and across the planet has been going on since civilization 1st city’s and every approach has been attempted more than once with the same results

And like a conservative sheep we know you to be. you go right to the usual argument The truth would expose liberalism for the destructive lunacy. As if conservatives never have been elected

But keep Trying to Figuring out Crime is like trying to figure out what came 1st the chicken or the egg ….

Last edited by wdmso; 02-02-2023 at 11:57 AM..
Old 02-02-2023, 11:56 AM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
him saying that there’s no valid reason to point to asians as successful.

Same question to you paul. If white privilege is a big deal, such a big determining factor in future success, why aren’t whites the most prosperous race? Why are asians more prosperous than whites? am i wrong if i say it’s because having solid parents and making good decisions, is much more important than the skin color you were born with? i do t know if i’ve ever heard a democrat willing to admit it, they just dance around it.
So he didn't answer in the way you wanted so you needed to call him a j******?
Old 02-02-2023, 12:13 PM   #30
wdmso

https://aninjusticemag.com/why-asian...ul-f4d980f3099

Let’s assume, as I do, that all races and all cultures are equally successful. We are all equally smart, equally good at math, and equally ambitious. About half of the world is ethnically Asian, so I also assume that about half of the smartest — and dumbest — people are also Asian.
Now suppose there are two specific races: Group A and Group B. Group A moves to America from all socioeconomic and family backgrounds, either to escape religious persecution or because they were forced to. Or perhaps it’s that immigrants from Group A know people who are already in America. The point is that the people who come from Group A are more randomly chosen.
But the people in Group B? They’re selected for being lawyers, doctors, engineers, and scientists. They aren’t allowed to immigrate if they aren’t stellar, they aren’t allowed to stay in the country if they don’t find and retain high-paying jobs, and they have to be rich in their home country, to begin with, just to afford college applications, flight tickets, and visas. (I am simplifying, but not by much.)
The statistical result of this is obvious. In America, Group B is going to be way more successful. That’s how selection works. That’s how privilege works. America does not allow Asia to send over anyone but the very “best” and two-thirds of Asian Americans are immigrants.

You've been absolutely pulverized. Obliterated. Man, that felt good,

Not by me but the Asian author