Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, here's my issue with the left's treatment of Trump.

For 8 years, the left claimed that it was no big deal that Obama was admittedly close to two loathsome racists - Rev Wright, and Rev Sharpton. As despicable as Sharpton was (Brawley/Pagones - can name them off the top of my head) I don't view him the same as Nazis or KKK.

But now, the left is telling me it's a huge deal that Trump associated himself with Steve Bannon. I view some of his ideas as repugnant so just as you viewed Sharpton that way, others view Bannon that way. And I guess it's a bad sign that Trump doesn't wake up every morning and have a press conference that he doesn't start off by saying "I don't like Hitler".

My dog could spot the glaring double standard, and he's not an overly bright dog.It's not a double standard it is the other side of the coin.

Does the right engage in that kind of hypocrisy? Of course, that's politics. But not to the same degree. BS - it is the same.Lots of conservatives criticize Trump when he deserves it. Not many liberals dared to criticize Obama. It's not the same thing.TThe diff. is Trump isn't conservative - at this point he is clay and can be molded by the last person who talks to him bf he tweets.
NM
Old 09-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
NM
Yes it is a double standard. Almost no one on the left cared about rev wright or sharpton, but those same people cannot stand that a potus would associate with Steve Bannon. Textbook double standard.

Sharpton incited violence that led directly to white Americans being murdered. I don't know that Steve bannon has blood directly on his hands.

I agree that nazis and the klan are worse. But fortunately for you, trump has given you zero compelling reason to suspect he sympathizes with them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device