Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

January 20, 2021 no lock

The drastic measures being taken with an overwhelming show of force to safeguard a presidential inauguration makes my head spin. Extremists on both sides are out of control. The fact that there is a need for 25,000 troops in place does give one pause as to whether there was a fair election, which I truly want to accept and believe. To see such show of force reminds me of what I recall seeing in Venezuela, Syria and Libya, not in my country... And then we have reports of infiltration by extremists within our troops we have brought in to protect the capital... But for now, from this seat, given what I have to digest and make my decisions, it is the extreme right and pro-Trump group that I see pushing us to a state of civil war. I don't buy the arguments that masks are are useless and just for lemmings. I don't see it as persecution and elimination of my freedom. I want the virus gone. I want the vaccine. I don't want to get COVID, as I have just heard my niece, a practicing PT, has tested positive. Hey, my work is now very restricted, BY ME, as I do not want it, nor can I afford to bring it home. So if you feel you must continue your verbal, written, or physical support of the current President, you are just fanning the flames of civil war, IMO. Time for you to decide what you want for this country is now.
I have a very bad feeling leading into this week. I hope no violence comes to pass. But if it does, I know where I will lay blame...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:37 AM   #2
spence

I think the massive shows of force and that the FBI is feverously working to round up insurrectionists will hopefully dampen significant violence for the inauguration. They might just wait it out until the Guard goes home to lash out.

The Government has been telling us for years that militias and white nationalists are a massive threat to domestic security and Trump for the past 5 years have just been revving them up.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:13 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the massive shows of force and that the FBI is feverously working to round up insurrectionists will hopefully dampen significant violence for the inauguration. They might just wait it out until the Guard goes home to lash out.

The Government has been telling us for years that militias and white nationalists are a massive threat to domestic security and Trump for the past 5 years have just been revving them up.
yup....extremely dangerous
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rawImage.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	67648  
Old 01-18-2021, 11:14 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
The drastic measures being taken with an overwhelming show of force to safeguard a presidential inauguration makes my head spin. Extremists on both sides are out of control. The fact that there is a need for 25,000 troops in place does give one pause as to whether there was a fair election, which I truly want to accept and believe. To see such show of force reminds me of what I recall seeing in Venezuela, Syria and Libya, not in my country... And then we have reports of infiltration by extremists within our troops we have brought in to protect the capital... But for now, from this seat, given what I have to digest and make my decisions, it is the extreme right and pro-Trump group that I see pushing us to a state of civil war. I don't buy the arguments that masks are are useless and just for lemmings. I don't see it as persecution and elimination of my freedom. I want the virus gone. I want the vaccine. I don't want to get COVID, as I have just heard my niece, a practicing PT, has tested positive. Hey, my work is now very restricted, BY ME, as I do not want it, nor can I afford to bring it home. So if you feel you must continue your verbal, written, or physical support of the current President, you are just fanning the flames of civil war, IMO. Time for you to decide what you want for this country is now.
I have a very bad feeling leading into this week. I hope no violence comes to pass. But if it does, I know where I will lay blame...
The good thing here is knowing who to blame.🥸
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yup....extremely dangerous
Scott, your inflammatory rhetoric, at least to me, is nothing short of attempting to incite the followers to physical violence, but at the same time you have posted here that you don't even like Trump.... Can't have it both ways. You have made yourself a primary target to those who would have law and order prevail here....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Scott, your inflammatory rhetoric, at least to me, is nothing short of attempting to incite the followers to physical violence, but at the same time you have posted here that you don't even like Trump.... Can't have it both ways. You have made yourself a primary target to those who would have law and order prevail here....
Downplaying an incident is not exactly inflammatory Ross.

However, implying somebody has made themselves a target..... 🎯

Different altogether.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2021, 03:41 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

And altogether different is utilizing one photo to "downplay" the overall actions of the mob that day too, Chris. I won't get panzied on this one so don't you try to defend his smarmy response. Nor do I need to repost a photo that has already been seen around the world that is more representative of what really took place.

And I will make it more clear. The instigator, by their very action/words/deeds, is always the first one to get taken out. If it is a confrontation, I don't go in to lose with losing tactics.

Old 01-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

Sounds like more of what I have come to loathe about our recently fashionable cancel culture.
The real truth is likely somewhere in between any photo you can produce to counter the more humorous depiction,but I will assume you know that.
Furthermore,if you think Scott has the ability to incite anything but a giggle then you have lost a few mph off the heater.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2021, 04:46 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
inflammatory rhetoric?

dude...get some help

hey Jim...please don't do anything violent ok???
Old 01-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m pretty sure there aren’t a lot of proud ‘boys, or Q’s or hard core white supremacy groups monitoring what is posted on this political board with what 6-8 people that activity participate. The more video’s and sound bites that are released, the more interviews take place, the more apparent these nut jobs saw Trumps rhetoric along with that of his supporters since loosing the election and certainly during the week ahead of the 6th, as a call to action. Since the sixth there have been several attempts by individuals to get by security, one armed and carrying 500+ rounds, pretty sure that’s not a peaceful protest attempt.

Taking him and others off Twitter may be considered cancel culture, but if they are using that platform to spread lies and misinformation, tough luck Chuck! Smoke signals might be their next best way to spread their BS.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:32 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I’m pretty sure there aren’t a lot of proud ‘boys, or Q’s or hard core white supremacy groups monitoring what is posted on this political board .
ya think? still don't know what Q is....
Old 01-18-2021, 05:35 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

Since the sixth there have been several attempts by individuals to get by security, one armed and carrying 500+ rounds, pretty sure that’s not a peaceful protest attempt.
can you provide more specifics on these please? wouldn't want you spreading lies and misinformation... because I read the guy with the gun was released by the judge so it doesn't sound like he was deemed a threat unless the judge is a hard core trumplican Q following poor boy(or girl)...
Old 01-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
I think on a matter as serious as this, where our Republic is under attack, indifference or stupid snide mockery just plays into the hands of sympathizers...of which there certainly are on this site even if they're not vocal. Never imagined we'd get to the point where 25,000 Guardsman would be required just to hold an inauguration. Again, Trump didn't create all of this, but it's happening this week because of him.

Last edited by spence; 01-18-2021 at 05:41 PM..
Old 01-18-2021, 05:37 PM   #14
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think on a matter as serious as this, where our Republic is under attack, indifference or stupid snide mockery just plays into the hands of sympathizers...of which there certainly are on this site even if they're not vocal.

And it's not just January 6th, it's the entire runup...
I'm sure if any were in DC they will be outed and have their site privileges revoked...
Old 01-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:

Since the sixth there have been several attempts by individuals to get by security, one armed and carrying 500+ rounds, pretty sure that’s not a peaceful protest attempt.

“It was an honest mistake,” Beeler explained after being released. In a tear-filled interview, he said he has spent the last week working as hired security in downtown Washington ahead of the inauguration. He was running late to work and forgot that his firearm was in his truck when he left his home in Virginia, where he said he has a license to carry. He denied that he had more than 500 rounds of ammunition listed in his arrest report.

“I pulled up to a checkpoint after getting lost in D.C. because I’m a country boy,” he said. “I showed them the inauguration badge that was given to me.”

Beeler has been ordered not to return to the city except to appear in court or meet with his lawyer.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #16
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
can you provide more specifics on these please? wouldn't want you spreading lies and misinformation... because I read the guy with the gun was released by the judge so it doesn't sound like he was deemed a threat unless the judge is a hard core trumplican Q following poor boy(or girl)...
Yup, he gets a pass. But he still has to show up in court for being stupid gun owner, AND lost his job as he was told do not come back to DC except to appear in court.....

Old 01-18-2021, 07:19 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Yup, he gets a pass. But he still has to show up in court for being stupid gun owner, AND lost his job as he was told do not come back to DC except to appear in court.....
There are going to be a lot looking to Trump to give them them ultimate pass for being stupid, hope they have the money or the connections.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:40 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
There are going to be a lot looking to Trump to give them them ultimate pass for being stupid, hope they have the money or the connections.
so you are admitting that you were wrong....
Old 01-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #19
scottw

try not to become too triggered or violent

Old 01-18-2021, 08:44 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
is calling someone a "traitor" inflammatory?...asking for a friend
Old 01-18-2021, 10:19 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly boys, Tweetless’s whole presidency has been like watching a NASCAR race only for the crashes.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:15 PM   #22
Sea Dangles

The joke is that there are some sheeple here that actually believe there are 25,000 national guard “required” for the inauguration to be held.��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #23
Sea Dangles

Quote:
try not to become too triggered or violent

This
Is
Inflammatory
🤭

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-19-2021, 05:05 AM   #24
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
“It was an honest mistake,” Beeler explained after being released. In a tear-filled interview, he said he has spent the last week working as hired security in downtown Washington ahead of the inauguration. He was running late to work and forgot that his firearm was in his truck when he left his home in Virginia, where he said he has a license to carry. He denied that he had more than 500 rounds of ammunition listed in his arrest report.

“I pulled up to a checkpoint after getting lost in D.C. because I’m a country boy,” he said. “I showed them the inauguration badge that was given to me.”

Beeler has been ordered not to return to the city except to appear in court or meet with his lawyer.
As someone who has a CCP and a vet, YOU DON'T FORGET WHERE YOUR GUN IS!!!!!!!!!

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:43 AM   #25
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
This
Is
Inflammatory
��
No, it is a juvenile response. You and I have both raised kids. We know the difference.

As for sheepling me, Chris, if you re-read my original post, I was actually questioning whether there was a valid election result, if indeed they do need 25,000 troops. It is a staggering number to "require" in a true democracy. (To be fair, it appears they pulled two companies numbering a total of 500 National Guardmen from each of the fifty states to come up with that number...) But after seeing the Trump supporters refuse to respect the police and the law of the land, if someone in a more qualified position with better intelligence say the number needed is 25k, so be it. It is disgraceful that it is the number in my opinion. But simply acknowledging that piece of information hardly makes me a sheeple....

Old 01-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #26
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
As someone who has a CCP and a vet, YOU DON'T FORGET WHERE YOUR GUN IS!!!!!!!!!
Amen. Zero tolerance.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #27
Sea Dangles

Quote:
No, it is a juvenile response. You and I have both raised kids. We know the difference.

As for sheepling me, Chris, if you re-read my original post, I was actually questioning whether there was a valid election result, if indeed they do need 25,000 troops. It is a staggering number to "require" in a true democracy. (To be fair, it appears they pulled two companies numbering a total of 500 National Guardmen from each of the fifty states to come up with that number...) But after seeing the Trump supporters refuse to respect the police and the law of the land, if someone in a more qualified position with better intelligence say the number needed is 25k, so be it. It is disgraceful that it is the number in my opinion. But simply acknowledging that piece of information hardly makes me a sheeple....
If this is the case then I will not be parenting here. My point was it is harmless babble.
The 25k reference was for Jeff, who has proven to be dramatic in the past. But if the shoe fits....

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-19-2021, 08:14 AM   #28
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Amen. Zero tolerance.
Guns= America
👍🏽

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-19-2021, 08:15 AM   #29
Jim in CT

i don’t think republicans have any right to complain about a massive show of
force, we forfeited that right when a small number of jerks stormed the capital. you reap what you sow.

Complain about the hypocrisy shown every minute, not about safety precautions, because if the situation had been reversed, a republican president elect would be doing the same thing, and he’d be right to do it.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t think republicans have any right to complain about a massive show of
force, we forfeited that right when a small number of jerks stormed the capital. you reap what you sow.

Complain about the hypocrisy shown every minute, not about safety precautions, because if the situation had been reversed, a republican president elect would be doing the same thing, and he’d be right to do it.
I don't think you wrote that last line well bc it is not Biden who is ordering the massive show of force. It is prob. the FBI, SS, DC police, etc.

If it was any other Pres - Dem or Rep. they would have come out on 1/6 with a strong statement condemning the mob. They would not have caused this problem after the election and claimed w/o evidence they lost the election bc of fraud.