Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

My concern is how many times can either run for pres. until it just doesn't mean anything to any of us. They both have run numerous times. I would consider Hillary......I wouldn't want her pissed at me with her hand on the button.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
My concern is how many times can either run for pres. until it just doesn't mean anything to any of us. They both have run numerous times. I would consider Hillary......I wouldn't want her pissed at me with her hand on the button.
While I don't think there's a good chance she'd do it, picking Hillary up as VP would scare the hell out of the GOP.

-spence
Old 11-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
While I don't think there's a good chance she'd do it, picking Hillary up as VP would scare the hell out of the GOP.

-spence
That's a great obesrvation, I've been wondering for awhile if Obama shuold dump Biden and add Hilary. Biden literally adds nothing to the ticket, Hilary would make the ticket much more formidable. If I was advising Obama, I'd tell him to do it. I just don't see that Biden brings anything to the table.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That's a great obesrvation, I've been wondering for awhile if Obama shuold dump Biden and add Hilary. Biden literally adds nothing to the ticket, Hilary would make the ticket much more formidable. If I was advising Obama, I'd tell him to do it. I just don't see that Biden brings anything to the table.
I'd think that you need to configure your defense for the offense that's on the field. It's not that Biden adds nothing, but that he's likely not the best compliment to Obama this time around. In 2008 he added some valuable experience to the ticket.

I'll be astonished if Biden is the VP pick next year, but they won't make the move until the opposition is better defined.

-spence
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
striperman36
Old Guy

Biden brought in the votes in the electoral college, all I can think of why he had him on the ballot.
I do not think they would change the ticket for reelection.

Has there been a precedence post-WWII where this happened?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd think that you need to configure your defense for the offense that's on the field. It's not that Biden adds nothing, but that he's likely not the best compliment to Obama this time around. In 2008 he added some valuable experience to the ticket.

I'll be astonished if Biden is the VP pick next year, but they won't make the move until the opposition is better defined.

-spence
"It's not that Biden adds nothing, "

So what does he add? Obama wins Deleware with or without BIden on the ticket. How does Biden's presence on the ticket help Obama with the electoral math?

You're dead-on, in 2008, Biden was needed to give the appearance of experience to the ticket, because Obama was a newbie. Obama doesn't need that anymore. From where I sit, "Plugs" adds zilch.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I think this is Gingrich's first time, and Romney's second?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I think this is Gingrich's first time, and Romney's second?
Correct
Newt talked about it in '08, but never filed

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"