Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Got way more than he paid for
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Most patients do. And Trump has payed millions in taxes. Not all of it in one year.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Most patients do. And Trump has payed millions in taxes. Not all of it in one year.
Apparently you've seen his taxes?

Trump won’t disclose his taxes. We all know why. They are full of bad information. Keep that in mind when you consider that he’s now refusing to disclose information about his medical condition & Covid test results.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-06-2020, 12:16 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Apparently you've seen his taxes?

Apparently you have?

Trump won’t disclose his taxes. We all know why. They are full of bad information. Keep that in mind when you consider that he’s now refusing to disclose information about his medical condition & Covid test results.
Who's "we all"? Apparently it does not include half the people. I'll keep in mind a whole lot of stuff. Including how you bend and twist conjectures, insinuations, and implications, into your mirage of what is supposed to be the truth.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
scottw

[QUOTE=detbuch;1202396]Who's "we all"? Apparently it does not include half the people. QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure the irs saw trumps taxes....if he did something wrong I’m sure he’ll get one of those letters
Old 10-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

[QUOTE=scottw;1202400]
Quote:
Who's "we all"? Apparently it does not include half the people. QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure the irs saw trumps taxes....if he did something wrong I’m sure he’ll get one of those letters
I’m pretty sure if he didn’t commit tax fraud, he still did a lot wrong, you don’t file so many bankruptcy’s or end up paying the equivalent of a health care premium year after year without being a complete business failure.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

I’m pretty sure if he didn’t commit tax fraud, he still did a lot wrong, you don’t file so many bankruptcy’s or end up paying the equivalent of a health care premium year after year without being a complete business failure.
You don’t end up with trumps property portfolio etc by being a complete business failure.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-06-2020 at 06:21 PM..
Old 10-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

You're pretty sure? Here's this from an Oct. 4, 2016 WAPOST article:

"Donald Trump might have been able to avoid paying taxes on as much as $916 million in income over an 18-year period, according to documents the New York Times published over the weekend. The figure is a sensational one, but the Republican presidential nominee would be far from the only real-estate magnate to find ways of exploiting the rules to cancel tax bills.

The average firm in real estate development pays just over 1 percent of its income in taxes, according to data compiled by Aswath Damodaran, a professor at New York University."

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-06-2020 at 06:22 PM..
Old 10-06-2020, 06:54 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You're pretty sure? Here's this from an Oct. 4, 2016 WAPOST article:

"Donald Trump might have been able to avoid paying taxes on as much as $916 million in income over an 18-year period, according to documents the New York Times published over the weekend. The figure is a sensational one, but the Republican presidential nominee would be far from the only real-estate magnate to find ways of exploiting the rules to cancel tax bills.

The average firm in real estate development pays just over 1 percent of its income in taxes, according to data compiled by Aswath Damodaran, a professor at New York University."
He has spent his business life f*cking over people, you do know that very few get paid in bankruptcy, he has continued in his MO, but your his local cheerleader.