Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 09-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
partsjay
Let's Rock!

Angry Damn Lathe

This is the second time my lathe has broken in the last 3 weeks.....I'm not impressed...and wouldn't you know it...the warranty just ran out last week....last time it was a pulley...this time a bushing from the hand tightner just came out in pieces...and what bugs me the most is I haven't been using it hard lately....I just turned 2 plugs for the first time in about 3 months....go to set up another and this happens....now I will be without again till I get the part....time to upgrade....what do you guys recommend? Next one has to have a duplicator avail....I have a Grizzly now. I have no problems with their service, but if the product sucks then I'll have to move on.
partsjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
Labrador1

I would give grizzley a call and explain the situation. I have a few of their tools and have always understood them to be a good company with above average support. Always worth a call - maybe they will ignore the fact that the warranty just ran out. Wouldn't hurt to casually mention that you know a lot of other guys who use lathes and might be mentioning this situation to them. I find if you can put a little subtle hint in there that they often realize it would be better to step up to the plate than to get some bad press.
Labrador1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #3
TheRattBoy
surfcasting is NOT a crime

Penn State Industries , Turn Crafter Pro....
TheRattBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #4
Jigman

I agree with Lab1, give Grizzly a call. If the warrently just expired, they might still honor it. What grizzly lathe did you get? I've used their 8690 lathe for several years with no problems. Got a Jet last year. Better lathe than the Grizzly, though more $$. I still use both depending on what I am doing. Both will accept a duplicator. I have a vega on the Jet and used a Penn State universal dup on the Grizzly.

Jigman
Jigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #5
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRattBoy
Penn State Industries , Turn Crafter Pro....
got the carba tech.. love it
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
Labrador1

Jigman - you use a penn state duplicator? I've got a Carbide Cutter for (I think) a Penn state Duplicator. I posted something somewhere a while ago thinking someone might want the thing - but nobody responded. I ordered it by mistake one time and never bothered to send it back. Want it? All you have to do is say something nice about me - actually all you have to do is refrain from saying anything bad! Seriously though it is a Carbide Cutter for CML-DUP (at least thats what the invoice says). Let me know.

Ryan
Labrador1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #7
Jigman

Thanks for the offer Ryan. A friend of mine has the penn state dup now. Gave him a good deal after I got the vega.

Jigman
Jigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
partsjay
Let's Rock!

Just talked to Grizzly...and after a little bit of hinting..they decided to warranty the part...I have to say, as I did when I started this thread, they have great customer service....still thinking of upgrading however....Thanks for the responses guys.
partsjay is offline   Reply With Quote