Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
"when managed right"

If we are talking about the government here, well there is your problem right there. Managed right? can't you just admit it has NOT been managed right?
Spence has acknowledged that it has not been managed right. He believes that it can be fixed if government folks would simply act responsibly. He doesn't say what "responsibly" is. If it means spending less, or reducing the scope of government so that less money is needed to manage it, that would be asking the gvt. to relinquish some power and devolve it back to the people--to give back to the people responsibilities and cash to manage their own lives. But that would require the leap of faith by our political managers that we are capable of taking care of ourselves with a lot less "help" from them. That they could suffer such a blow to their egos, or to their agendas, to their ideology, is questionable.

The "problem" is not how they manage, but who they are and what they believe. That determines what they consider "responsible" to be.

And the problem also requires that We The People actually believe we are capable of living without the ever expanding "help" we receive from those who wish to manage us. That depends on who we are and what we believe.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That they could suffer such a blow to their egos, or to their agendas, to their ideology, is questionable.

I don't think it's questionable, I don't think there's any ambiguity there. Not only are those in DC unwilling to surrender the ontrol they have, they are looking to increase it. Hence Obamacare.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

thanks

next time I am in Boston, I'll go by the statehouse and puke on the front steps

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
Raven

Arrow speaking of Puke

our exportation of products is relatively non existent

so we need to switch over to services and let the rich countries
pay us with "their wealth"..... in my limited view (perspective)anyways

no more world cop for free.... isolationism is sounding better again
no more giving countries like pukistan billions
no more Nation rebuilding

AMERICAN INTERESTS have to return to AMERICA not force feeding
DEMOCRACY down the throats of screaming babies that just puke it back up onto American shirts.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

so we need to switch over to services and let the rich countries
pay us with "their wealth"..... in my limited view (perspective)anyways

no more world cop for free.... isolationism is sounding better again
no more giving countries like pukistan billions
no more Nation rebuilding

AMERICAN INTERESTS have to return to AMERICA not force feeding
DEMOCRACY down the throats of screaming babies that just puke it back up onto American shirts.
In terms of debt, I'm not sure those are the big ticket items. In the not-too-distant future, there will be at least 65 million baby boomers over the age of 65. Some of them will live to be 110 years old. They will live with ailments, requiring expensive medical care, for decades. And we can't begin to pay for it. Our elected officials, from both parties (until recently), have chosen to ignore this problem. It will be a disaster.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In terms of debt, I'm not sure those are the big ticket items. In the not-too-distant future, there will be at least 65 million baby boomers over the age of 65. Some of them will live to be 110 years old. They will live with ailments, requiring expensive medical care, for decades. And we can't begin to pay for it. Our elected officials, from both parties (until recently), have chosen to ignore this problem. It will be a disaster.
It' estimated we give 23 Billion a year for foreign aid and another 14 Billion for military assistance for a total of 37 Billion/year.

This Baby Boomer problem has been known for 50 years and the politicians have
kicked the can down the road for all that time.
Same old same old, putting off the hard decisions until it becomes a crisis to keep them in power rather than making the hard choices for the American people.

So we enter the start of another new crisis where bickering and blaming will take over and the solution will be to print more $$$. Soon our dollar will be worth as much Studebaker stock and you can use it to paper your bathroom wall.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
What are you talking about?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
What are you talking about?
Lol! Finally Spence posted something that makes sense.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Raven

Arrow re: products made in the USA

meaning: they are getting to be less and less of them

comparing it to how it used to be
when our economy was good in the 80's
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
as far as Health care goes to re: Jim

the feds , and i am specifically speaking about
the "FEDERAL AGENCY"
called the FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION pfffff

act like Pharmaceuticals are VITAMINS and they are
"IN" on the brainwashing of AMERICA to take them DAILY!

and many of the so called "ailments"
are spin off side effects from taking them

how is it that Monsanto got their poison product round up incorporated into the corn's DNA so that it's Pollen
is acting like an insecticide to the Bee's collecting it....gmo SH_ it

by twisting the arms of our wonderful politicians with
lobbyists and paying them off with vacations and who knows what else.