Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2021, 09:12 AM   #1
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim the only one telling lies is you

You made up 85dollar a barrel comment

You made up that I said you compared 9\11 to the sit in

It’s what you do you make things up in your head , then post them as if they were actually written. And insist to the writer that’s what they said.

Jim that’s actually lying.. why are you so dishonest? Just admit you misinterpreted what was written and move on rather than trying to convince people what you did didn’t happen

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is like biden reading a teleprompter...
Old 10-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is like biden reading a teleprompter...
i don’t know wtf that is. but if he makes a claim and i publicly offer $100 for him to support it and he says he can’t, that means he lied.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Pay the man ��

BARTIROMO: That's right.

MCCARTHY: President Biden said he's going to bring us back. He's brought us back to the '70s, being held hostage in Afghanistan, oil prices the highest that we have seen, begging OPEC to produce more.

And now we're watching that they are trying to cheat within elections, inflation at a number we have not seen. This is Jimmy Carter on steroids.

Trying to liken President Joe Biden's tenure to the 1970s era of former President Jimmy Carter, which was beset by inflation and oil-related challenges, McCarthy claimed that oil prices are now "the highest that we have seen."
Facts First: McCarthy was wrong. Oil prices under Biden are not even close to the highest we have ever seen. Crude prices peaked in 2008 under Republican President George W. Bush -- more than double their level at the time McCarthy's interview aired Sunday. Crude prices were also higher at various points under Republican President Donald Trump than they were on Sunday.

Last edited by Pete F.; 10-20-2021 at 10:31 AM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Pay the man ��

MCCARTHY: President Biden said he's going to bring us back. He's brought us back to the '70s, being held hostage in Afghanistan, oil prices the highest that we have seen, begging OPEC to produce more.

And now we're watching that they are trying to cheat within elections, inflation at a number we have not seen. This is Jimmy Carter on steroids.

Trying to liken President Joe Biden's tenure to the 1970s era of former President Jimmy Carter, which was beset by inflation and oil-related challenges, McCarthy claimed that oil prices are now "the highest that we have seen."
Facts First: McCarthy was wrong. Oil prices under Biden are not even close to the highest we have ever seen. Crude prices peaked in 2008 under Republican President George W. Bush -- more than double their level at the time McCarthy's interview aired Sunday. Crude prices were also higher at various points under Republican President Donald Trump than they were on Sunday.
he tells me where to send the money, i’ll happily pay him. it’s an absurdly stupid thing for McCarthy to say. but he’s not “republicans”, he’s one idiot.

the fact that wayne didn’t post this, tells me he had no idea that mccarthy said it. but he did say it, he should absolutely be called out on it because it’s such a absurdly stupid lie to tell, and i’ll happily give wayne the $100 if he tells me where to send it.

and i’ll never take mccarthy seriously again, never.

fair enough?
Old 10-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
he tells me where to send the money, i’ll happily pay him. it’s an absurdly stupid thing for McCarthy to say. but he’s not “republicans”, he’s one idiot.

the fact that wayne didn’t post this, tells me he had no idea that mccarthy said it. but he did say it, he should absolutely be called out on it because it’s such a absurdly stupid lie to tell, and i’ll happily give wayne the $100 if he tells me where to send it.

and i’ll never take mccarthy seriously again, never.

fair enough?
Jim I don’t need to know Kevin made this statement …. Why because what I said was

Republicans we’re suggesting such a Things to their base .. why because they are so predictable

send Pete the 100.00 bucks seeing he proved what you imagined. I said … but never did
Old 10-20-2021, 07:58 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Pay the man ��

MCCARTHY:

oil prices the highest that we have seen,

McCarthy claimed that oil prices are now "the highest that we have seen."

Facts First: McCarthy was wrong.

Oil prices under Biden are not even close to the highest we have ever seen. “.
Spence would argue what McCarthy actually said is different than what bartiromo is saying he said so you and she are probably wrong or confused