Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Stacey Abrams running for governor again

Rachael Maddow is interviewing Abrams. Guess how many times Maddow challenged her about the dangers of making unsubstantiated claims that her last election was stolen from her?

as always, it’s ok when democrats do it.

The GA secretary of state has said very clearly that trump is lying when he says the GA election was stolen. He says the same thing about Abrams. they both fabricated paranoid claims with zero evidence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5951185001
Old 12-03-2021, 09:17 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Rachael Maddow is interviewing Abrams. Guess how many times Maddow challenged her about the dangers of making unsubstantiated claims that her last election was stolen from her?

as always, it’s ok when democrats do it.

The GA secretary of state has said very clearly that trump is lying when he says the GA election was stolen. He says the same thing about Abrams. they both fabricated paranoid claims with zero evidence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5951185001

what’s does a intellectual dishonesty look like ? See above ^^^^^^^^^
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-03-2021, 09:23 AM   #3
wdmso

I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election," Abrams said, according to NPR. "But to watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on suppression of the people's democratic right to vote has been truly appalling."

Trump pressured Georgia’s Republican secretary of state to “find” him enough votes to overturn the presidential election and vaguely threatened him with “a criminal offense” during an hourlong telephone call on Saturday, according to an audio recording of the conversation.

Mr. Trump, who has spent almost nine weeks making false conspiracy claims about his loss to President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr., told Brad Raffensperger, the state’s top elections official, that he should recalculate the vote count so Mr. Trump, not Mr. Biden, would end up winning the state’s 16 electoral votes.

Let me guess Jim in your nuanced View these to things are exactly the same …
Old 12-03-2021, 10:05 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
what’s does a intellectual dishonesty look like ? See above ^^^^^^^^^
i love insults hurled with zero support.

why is it dishonest for me to say that the left ( correctly) makes. big deal if trump lying about his election being stolen, but the left doesn’t care that stacey abrams did the same thing?

what about that, is dishonest?

the GA secretary of state has said very clearly that trump is a flat out liar. he says the same thing about Abrams. Why is he correct about Trump but incorrect about Abrams?
Old 12-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election," Abrams said, according to NPR. "But to watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on suppression of the people's democratic right to vote has been truly appalling."

Trump pressured Georgia’s Republican secretary of state to “find” him enough votes to overturn the presidential election and vaguely threatened him with “a criminal offense” during an hourlong telephone call on Saturday, according to an audio recording of the conversation.

Mr. Trump, who has spent almost nine weeks making false conspiracy claims about his loss to President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr., told Brad Raffensperger, the state’s top elections official, that he should recalculate the vote count so Mr. Trump, not Mr. Biden, would end up winning the state’s 16 electoral votes.

Let me guess Jim in your nuanced View these to things are exactly the same …
just because abrams says the vote was suppressed, that means she’s right?

on what basis do you deny she’s lying? just because she’s a democrat.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #6
Jim in CT

An article in USA today, not a right wing rag...

"While Abrams has maintained the 2018 gubernatorial election was unfair and tainted by voter suppression, there’s no empirical evidence that now-Gov. Kemp stole that election from her"

It's awful when Trump makes false claims about election integrity, but totally fine when democrats do it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/6318836002/
Old 12-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
An article in USA today, not a right wing rag...

"While Abrams has maintained the 2018 gubernatorial election was unfair and tainted by voter suppression, there’s no empirical evidence that now-Gov. Kemp stole that election from her"

It's awful when Trump makes false claims about election integrity, but totally fine when democrats do it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/6318836002/

Jim you are showing a statement from USA Today they used stolen

You can’t show here claiming it was Stolen your own post she states unfair and tainted the words stole don’t exist and yet you continue to pond your round peg in a square hole desperately trying to convince others the two incidents are. The same .. Again

fYIAbrahams acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial

Trump and his faithful still insisting he won

Old 12-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:

You can’t show here claiming it was Stolen your own post she states unfair and tainted the words stole don’t exist and yet you continue to pond your round peg in a square hole desperately trying to convince others the two incidents are. The same .. Again

fYIAbrahams acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial

actually, it's a square peg you might have trouble getting into a round hole...round peg in a square hole means something different
Old 12-03-2021, 03:14 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:

You're denying that Abrams says it was stolen, only that it was "unfair"?

From the USA Today ARticle I posted, written by the current secretary of state who says both Trump and Abrams a sore loser liars:

A quote from Abrams:

"We will never concede. … You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...er/5951185001/

If it's enough for you, here is video of Abrams, saying "it was stolen from the voters of Georgia"..

"Trump and his faithful still insisting he won"

Have I ever come close to saying that?
Old 12-03-2021, 03:15 PM   #10
scottw

that's not her...must be an out of context imposter
Old 12-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
that's not her...must be an out of context imposter
right, it’s trump in blackface.

these people
can’t admit what’s right in front of them, if it’s not flattering to liberals.

he’s denying she ever said it was stolen. she was all
over the media then, saying exactly that.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:27 PM   #12
scottw

Quote:

… You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.”
think of her use of "theft" with respect to stolen in the same way leftists use "mostly peaceful" to describe their protests and you will understand it doesn't mean "stolen"..in the leftist sense of the word
Old 12-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #13
scottw

Quote:
right, it’s trump in blackface.

these people
can’t admit what’s right in front of them, if it’s not flattering to liberals.

he’s denying she ever said it was stolen. she was all
over the media then, saying exactly that.
nope...that is a debunked conspiracy theory clearly...let's ask spence pasaki for a clarification

https://v16-web.tiktok.com/video/tos...1&tk=0&vl=&vr=
Old 12-03-2021, 04:34 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
If it's enough for you, here is video of Abrams, saying "it was stolen from the voters of Georgia"..
Saying it was stolen from the voters because of voter suppression isn't the same thing as charging there was wholesale fraud as Trump did.

How well did you do in language arts in school?
Old 12-03-2021, 05:04 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Saying it was stolen from the voters because of voter suppression isn't the same thing as charging there was wholesale fraud as Trump did.

ooooooh...stolen from the voters...not stolen from her...right
Old 12-03-2021, 05:35 PM   #16
PaulS

Quote:

Didn't you basically say the same thing in another thread? Why do you bother
Old 12-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Didn't you basically say the same thing in another thread? Why do you bother
Rubbernecking the accident.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Rubbernecking the accident.
She repeatedly claimed she won. She didn’t

Trump claimed he won. He didn’t.

It the same thing…
Old 12-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
You're denying that Abrams says it was stolen, only that it was "unfair"?

From the USA Today ARticle I posted, written by the current secretary of state who says both Trump and Abrams a sore loser liars:

A quote from Abrams:

"We will never concede. … You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...er/5951185001/

"Trump and his faithful still insisting he won"

Have I ever come close to saying that?
Jim her 1st words out of her mouth is she acknowledge Kemp won under the rules of the election ..

What more do you want .. and OMG Ted asking an election question is a joke

Your in the cult… that is certainly the case and a breitbart clip to boot 😂
Old 12-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #20
scottw

She’s such a weasel
Old 12-03-2021, 06:18 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim her 1st words out of her mouth is she acknowledge Kemp won under the rules of the election ..

What more do you want .. and OMG Ted asking an election question is a joke

Your in the cult… that is certainly the case and a breitbart clip to boot 😂
And then after that, she says it was stolen.

If video of her saying that isn't proof to you that she said it, I can't help you.

"Ted asking an election question is a joke "

I'm sorry, there aren't any videos of Rachael Maddow or Whoopi Goldberg asking her why she's lying. If the people you get your news from EVER held liberals accountable for the lies they tell, I'd have gotten you video of that. But they don't, not ever.

Let's recap.

Jim: Stacey Abrams says the election was stolen.

WDMSO: she never said that

Jim: here's video of her saying exactly that.

WDMSO: Ted Crud also spoke on that video, so I dismiss it.

The identity of the person she was speaking to, isn't relevant. She says it was stolen from the citizens of Georgia. There is exactly zero proof of that, other than her claims. The same guy who said Trump is lying about his lection being stolen (which ought to give him some credibility to you), also says Abrams is lying through her teeth.

You don't care. You cannot accept that which doesn't serve liberalism.

"Your in the cult"

You're denying what she said on video. Did Cruz trick her into saying it? Or is he a master ventriloquist?

You're completely humiliating yourself.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
She’s such a weasel
She's like Trump, a sore loser who can't admit she lost fair and square, and someone capable of telling dangerous, obvious lies.

We are a a point where they deny video evidence. Stacey Abrams is not denying she feels the election was stolen, but WDMSO is denying it. Video of her saying it, isn't enough. I don't know how you talk to someone like that, or why it's worth trying.

Talk about bending the facts to fit your agenda.

It's a mental disorder. When he denies what's on video, and WDMSO and Pete say I'm a Trump zealot who can never criticize Trump, you're dealing with a mental disorder. I can list all the reasons why I hate Trump, and ten seconds later (when they know they are losing a point and can't admit it) they say I'm Sean Hannity.

They don't merely "believe in" liberalism. They are enslaved by it, possessed by it.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #23
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
She's like Trump, a sore loser who can't admit she lost fair and square, and someone capable of telling dangerous, obvious lies.

We are a a point where they deny video evidence. Stacey Abrams is not denying she feels the election was stolen, but WDMSO is denying it. Video of her saying it, isn't enough. I don't know how you talk to someone like that, or why it's worth trying.

Talk about bending the facts to fit your agenda.

It's a mental disorder. When he denies what's on video, and WDMSO and Pete say I'm a Trump zealot who can never criticize Trump, you're dealing with a mental disorder. I can list all the reasons why I hate Trump, and ten seconds later (when they know they are losing a point and can't admit it) they say I'm Sean Hannity.

They don't merely "believe in" liberalism. They are enslaved by it, possessed by it.

Jim
Do you really believe Trump lost or should I ask, do you really think a senile old guy who was in his basement eating ice cream and watching cartoons got 81 million votes ?
Old 12-03-2021, 07:15 PM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Jim
Do you really believe Trump lost or should I ask, do you really think a senile old guy who was in his basement eating ice cream and watching cartoons got 81 million votes ?
Yes I do and so do most of Republican attorney generals, even your buddy Trumps AG Barr (aka Trumps inside lawyer) said it was a far election. No one on this board is surprised at that statement, I’m actually shocked you weren’t in DC on the 6th.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:19 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim
i think it’s interesting that in both the presidential election and in both GA senate races, the gop was looking good until the nation was asleep, and then poof.

i don’t think a ton of people voted for Biden as much as they voted against trump. ronnie, i loved loved loved many of the policies trump got through. but i think he’s so offensive and obnoxious that a lot of people get completely turned off by his behavior and they don’t even bother to think about his policies. so i don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume he pushed a lot of people
to the left. which is why i hope
he doesn’t run again. we have a good chance at historic victories in 2022 and 2024 if we execute properly. we’d do better with someone who’d govern like trump ( not a RINO), but act like a mature adult.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:02 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Jim
Oddly, the “senile old guy” has succeeded in marshaling thru Congress, the largest infrastructure legislation in our generation.
The Stable Genius, who claimed to be “ a Genius” failed to accomplish zip.
Magic, apparently

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Oddly, the “senile old guy” has succeeded in marshaling thru Congress, the largest infrastructure legislation in our generation.
The Stable Genius, who claimed to be “ a Genius” failed to accomplish zip.
Magic, apparently
that bill could be a big win for them. but the democrats control
both houses of congress and biden is also a democrat. so “marshaling a bill through congress” is t a huge accomplishment, especially since you denied that democrats were holding it up
in the house.

trying to have it both ways again. coming unglued.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:47 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that bill could be a big win for them. but the democrats control
both houses of congress and biden is also a democrat. so “marshaling a bill through congress” is t a huge accomplishment, especially since you denied that democrats were holding it up
in the house.

trying to have it both ways again. coming unglued.
Marching in lockstep should not be the American way

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Marching in lockstep should not be the American way
so did democrats in the house stall
this bill, or not? you’re all over the place.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #30
scottw

Quote:

do you really think a senile old guy who was in his basement eating ice cream and watching cartoons got 81 million votes ?
8th Wonder of the World...