Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Raven

Florida policies SUCK

they penalize pot in a huge way every day
yet they can't realize that the people will
find something far FAR worse to take instead.

WALGREENS prices about to go sky high
(80 million fine)

Six of Walgreens' Florida pharmacies ordered more than a million pills a year, the DEA said. In 2011, the average pharmacy in the U.S. ordered 73,000 oxycodone tablets a year. Pharmacists dispensed prescriptions from doctors even when Walgreens computer system flagged the doctors as problematic, Ferrer said.

One pharmacy in Fort Myers went from ordering 95,800 pills in 2009 to 2.2 million pills in 2011, the DEA said. Another pharmacy in Hudson, an area of about 34,000 people near Clearwater, purchased 2.2 million pills in 2011, the DEA said.

do the MATH.... $20.00 each and UP

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/11/walgreens-drug-oxycodone-license-80-million/24124
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Raven

UNPRECEDENTED Corruption as PILL factories wage WAR against Americans
all under the Guise of the so called Medical establishment who knows best...

imho
Tanks should be rolling through the walls of these pharmaceutical companies
instead of driving on IED SAND in Afghanistan.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I snagged a sandwich bag this a.m. after everyone left so it wouldn't end up in a fishes mouth. I do believe the two pills were oxycodones. Slightly wet but usable. They were thrown in trash.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I snagged a sandwich bag this a.m. after everyone left so it wouldn't end up in a fishes mouth. I do believe the two pills were oxycodones. Slightly wet but usable. They were thrown in trash.
Good place for them...

How much longer can the feds be taken seriously while they continue to classify pot as schedule one, while drugs such as oxy's, opium, cocaine, amphetamines, methamphetamine, etc. are schedule two, with alcohol and tobacco not even making the list?? (of course they wouldn't, the list is for "controlled substances"...)

With a large percentage of the population now a member of the "always-connected", every news outlet everywhere is still significantly lacking in reports of the dangerous aspects of marijuana when compared to prescription pain killers and stimulants, and most of the perceived dangers of weed are a direct result of it's illegality... Combine this with personal experience, (whether you are a smoker or a friend/family member/acquaintance of one), and their BS rhetoric is falling apart, to the point where even the regular Joe non-conspiracy types are asking themselves, "If they are willing to lie about something like pot in the face of such overwhelming contradictory evidence, what else are they lying about??"

My take... now that the public opinion on legalizing pot has or is about to cross (depending on which poll results you read) the 50% threshold, the topic will (if it already hasn't) become immediately more important to those with political aspirations...

It WILL become the source of policy questions in debates leading up to the next presidential election...

Hang in there Rav...
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
Raven

Swimmers statement speaks volumes.....
not in his message so much but in the scheer irony
that as i mentioned the volume that is being produced
and shoved down Gullible or over willing Americans throats
he finds two... as a perfect indicator of the exact problem.

down south they are doing volentary culture swabs (stops)
on people
to see what they're driving on.... weed , alcohol or pills
Old 06-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Interesting that i knew what they were because of my work history. I said to myself after picking them from the brine that maybe doing good deed will get me a fish. Did not. There was no one else around when the little baggie came floating by. Always pick up trash.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Swimmer; 06-28-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
cheferson

Pills disgust me . Seen many friends start down that road , either end up hooked to H , od, or on suboxone . #^&#^&#^&#^& , i think half the ppl i work with are on suboxone .Pills are ok though right ? The doctors prescribe them , big pharma pays taxes , and all big pharmas lobbyists dump piles of money on are politicians. So it must be ok.

I won't even get into all the trials/human testing these companies do in 3 rd world countries .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
Raven

its the pill companies that feel threatened by natural herbs and vitamin supplements
to the point their lobbyists are pushing to make them illegal
so they'll have no competition. that is SICK.... money is exchanging hands