Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I knew you couldn’t resist going back to the travel ban, so predictable it’s just to fun to wind you up. Hey go poll those same people today and all the small business owners who have closed their doors, I know they won’t feel they are now better off.
i’m going back to democrats insisting that the feds didn’t need to do anything. i’m going back to biden saying it was a hysterical overreaction.

that happened. i’m sorry if you have no response whatsoever to that fact. but that’s the fact, the democrats said it was no big deal in january february.

GS: trump blew it with the virus.

Jim: what should he have done differently?

GS: you’re a jerk!

that’s all you got. how can you say he blew it, when you can’t tell
me what he should have done differently? this is like a sitcom.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-26-2020, 07:50 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m going back to democrats insisting that the feds didn’t need to do anything. i’m going back to biden saying it was a hysterical overreaction.

that happened. i’m sorry if you have no response whatsoever to that fact. but that’s the fact, the democrats said it was no big deal in january february.

GS: trump blew it with the virus.

Jim: what should he have done differently?

GS: you’re a jerk!

that’s all you got. how can you say he blew it, when you can’t tell
me what he should have done differently? this is like a sitcom.
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
also, trump refused to
condemn white supremacists at charlottesville, right?
Old 10-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
GS: he blew handling the virus.

Jim: what should he have done different?

GS: beats me! but cnn and msnbc said he blew it.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
GS: he blew handling the virus.

Jim: what should he have done different?

GS: beats me! but cnn and msnbc said he blew it.
GS: watch me make Jim spin like a top, pull the travel ban string and he goes and goes

Jim: what did Trump do wrong

GS: plenty of days left I will need time like trying to remember the 20,000 plus lies
Old 10-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
GS: watch me make Jim spin like a top, pull the travel ban string and he goes and goes

Jim: what did Trump do wrong

GS: plenty of days left I will need time like trying to remember the 20,000 plus lies
i don’t give trump good grades on handling the virus, nor do i give him a bad grade, i feel very unknowledgeable. but if i was saying he blew it, i’d be able to articulate why. you couldn’t. so you’ll go to the places pete gets his news and steal a few arguments. but what matters, is that you claimed he blew it, but had zero idea why. and you refuse to criticize biden, who said trump did too much.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i don’t give trump good grades on handling the virus, nor do i give him a bad grade, i feel very unknowledgeable. but if i was saying he blew it, i’d be able to articulate why. you couldn’t. so you’ll go to the places pete gets his news and steal a few arguments. but what matters, is that you claimed he blew it, but had zero idea why. and you refuse to criticize biden, who said trump did too much.
Jim so many have articulated why for months, are you living in a bubble?
Old 10-27-2020, 07:23 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim so many have articulated why for months, are you living in a bubble?
Not from what I see. People say "he should have done more", but back then, those same people were saying he did too much. It's irrefutable that Biden said he did too much. So whjy would you presume we'd be better if Biden was POTUS?

That's fairly simple, obviously pertinent question, and you cannot respond. You're clobbered by a question a 6 year-old would know to ask.

Back in December, Biden said it was hysterical and xenophobic to do what Trump did. But you are saying Biden would have handled it better. Why?

Cue the chirping crickets...

GS, we shut down the economy, stopped interacting with each other, we bent the curve, no hospitals came close to being overwhelmed. What more should we have done?

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been nice if we had more safety equipment and tests ready to go. But no one was calling for that before this started.

In the early days, the governors of both CA and NY both said Trump was big help to their states. Do you know who those governors are? They aren't Trump fans.

It's a global pandemic, not an American problem. And for the democrats, it was a political gift from God, just like the 2008 recession.

Please, tell us more about how unemployment right now, is the highest since the Great Depression.