Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-17-2021, 05:38 PM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Too bad lefties don't give Israel the same benefit of the doubt in the same exact situation.
We do but they do it at a greater scale. Israel kills 213 Palestinians in airstrikes; Palestinian militant groups kill 12 Israelis with rocket attacks .. You assume Israel’s and hamas care if civilians get killed

I think it benefits both of their narratives.. as sad as that is
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 09-17-2021 at 05:45 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 06:00 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We do but they do it at a greater scale. Israel kills 213 Palestinians in airstrikes; Palestinian militant groups kill 12 Israelis with rocket attacks .. You assume Israel’s and hamas care if civilians get killed

I think it benefits both of their narratives.. as sad as that is
maybe you do. but democrats as a group do not.

if i said 2+2=4, would you say no it doesn’t? i wonder sometimes.

i do assume Israel cares because why else would they warn civilians to try to separate themselves from terrorists.

And i assume hamas doesn’t care, because they intentionally target israeli citizens.

are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked?

Is Hamas laid down their arms, so would Israel. If Israel laid down their arms, Hamas would kill every single Israeli man, woman, and child.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-17-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

i do assume Israel cares because why else would they warn civilians to try to separate themselves from terrorists.

And i assume hamas doesn’t care, because they intentionally target israeli citizens.

are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked?

Is Hamas laid down their arms, so would Israel. If Israel laid down their arms, Hamas would kill every single Israeli man, woman, and child.
JERUSALEM — Twenty-seven days before the first rocket was fired from Gaza this week, a squad of Israeli police officers entered the Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, brushed the Palestinian attendants aside and strode across its vast limestone courtyard. Then they cut the cables to the loudspeakers that broadcast prayers to the faithful from four medieval minarets.

It was the night of April 13, the first day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. It was also Memorial Day in Israel, which honors those who died fighting for the country. The Israeli president was delivering a speech at the Western Wall, a sacred Jewish site that lies below the mosque, and Israeli officials were concerned that the prayers would drown it out.

The incident was confirmed by six mosque officials, three of whom witnessed it; the Israeli police declined to comment. In the outside world, it barely registered.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-18-2021, 08:10 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:

Jim neither Hamas nor Israel would exist with out the fear of destruction

Both use fear of the other to justify their methods. From building settlements to firing rockets

I look at like positional asphyxia

Israel has it knee on the Palestinians cutting of their air and in response they increase their struggles trying to breath , then Israel apply s more force to gain compliance and all they get it. More struggling

And round and round it Goes

As for you question are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked? Quick response is yes In most incidents you use enough force to stop the threat. Not to punish.. but Israel has a history of collective punishment.. which always comes into question when there so much infrastructure destroyed.. cell phone and civilian warnings look good for public relations not sure how effective it is at keeping non combatants safe

Last edited by wdmso; 09-18-2021 at 08:24 AM..
Old 09-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim neither Hamas nor Israel would exist with out the fear of destruction

Both use fear of the other to justify their methods. From building settlements to firing rockets

I look at like positional asphyxia

Israel has it knee on the Palestinians cutting of their air and in response they increase their struggles trying to breath , then Israel apply s more force to gain compliance and all they get it. More struggling

And round and round it Goes

As for you question are you serious? Israel is shooosed to respond exactly proportionately when attacked? Quick response is yes In most incidents you use enough force to stop the threat. Not to punish.. but Israel has a history of collective punishment.. which always comes into question when there so much infrastructure destroyed.. cell phone and civilian warnings look good for public relations not sure how effective it is at keeping non combatants safe
Man.

Which side has a history of unprovoked violent attack a against the other, and which one uses violence after being attacked?

if someone punches you in the face, and you punch them back, those two things are not morally equivalent. not even close.

hamas doesn’t deny their goal is to wipe israel out of existnce. Israel wants to be left alone. not that israel is perfect, but theres no comparison. it’s like comparing the Nazis to the Poles in the 1930s.

forget about what each party’s line is, and just think. for two seconds, take off the blinders .
Old 09-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Man.

Which side has a history of unprovoked violent attack a against the other, and which one uses violence after being attacked?

if someone punches you in the face, and you punch them back, those two things are not morally equivalent. not even close.

hamas doesn’t deny their goal is to wipe israel out of existnce. Israel wants to be left alone. not that israel is perfect, but theres no comparison. it’s like comparing the Nazis to the Poles in the 1930s.

forget about what each party’s line is, and just think. for two seconds, take off the blinders .
What blinders my view is based on historical actions from both sides

Neither has the high ground but neither is willing to provide concessions .. the West Bank and Gaza are not much different from Indian reservations . With The illusion of autonomy . until the one with the power Israel decides otherwise
Old 09-19-2021, 08:58 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
What blinders my view is based on historical actions from both sides

Neither has the high ground but neither is willing to provide concessions .. the West Bank and Gaza are not much different from Indian reservations . With The illusion of autonomy . until the one with the power Israel decides otherwise
ok, if you rely on historical facts. please point to all
the historical occasions when israel killed palestinian terrorists without provocation.

one side absolutely has the moral ground. israel would stop fighting if hamas would. israel isn’t explicitly saying they want palestinians to cease to exist. what about that don’t you get?

once again, towing the party line, never any exceptions.
Old 09-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
ok, if you rely on historical facts. please point to all
the historical occasions when israel killed palestinian terrorists without provocation.

one side absolutely has the moral ground. israel would stop fighting if hamas would. israel isn’t explicitly saying they want palestinians to cease to exist. what about that don’t you get?

once again, towing the party line, never any exceptions.
Jim the world took their land may 1948 in and created the state of Israel. Out of thin air. 1967 they annexed East Jerusalem because the had the power to do so..

If these are not provocations I am not sure what fits your definition of a provocation..

I just find it odd with the History of persecution the Jews have and what happened in WW2 I understand they won’t let it happen again .. and I hope it never does .. But when you become what you opposed .. in the name of past transgressions, it’s very hypocritical to me ..