Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-16-2017, 04:06 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Ya, this Trump presidency is a complete failure.
Stock market booming, job growth up , payroll tax record collection, unemployment down etc......
Yup, complete failure.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The train was all ready rolling down that path ..

if the right cant and wont give Obama credit for all those things you listed over 8 years .. not sure how how you can credit Trump for those same things in 7 months ...
Old 08-16-2017, 06:35 AM   #2
PaulS

Damn those Dems. for electing Trump
Old 08-16-2017, 06:38 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
they should all smack themselves
Old 08-16-2017, 12:07 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
The left played a HUGE role in the emergence of Trump. Every lie told about a conservative, every bullsh*t claim of racism, the incredible media bias, it all helped swell the anger. The anger manifested itself, in Trump. Would never, ever have happened without help from the left. People who nominated McCain and Romney don't rally behind a maniac like Trump, unless they feel like they were pushed there.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The left played a HUGE role in the emergence of Trump. Every lie told about a conservative, every bullsh*t claim of racismYup, the Pres. doesn't have a problem w/race , the incredible media bias, it all helped swell the anger. The anger manifested itself, in Trump. Would never, ever have happened without help from the left. People who nominated McCain and Romney don't rally behind a maniac like Trump, unless they feel like they were pushed there.
Ok, I got it. Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault. So the Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to.

I got my laugh for the day.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ok, I got it. Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault. So the Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to.

I got my laugh for the day.
", the Pres. doesn't have a problem w/race "

I have said many times, Trump is a jerk who deserves much of the criticism. My calling out fake racism claims, has little to do with Trump, and more to do with everyone who isn't a liberal, getting called a racist. Everybody who opposes Obama is a racist, everybody who opposes Hilary is a sexist, everybody who wants secure borders is a xenophobe, everyone who believes in traditional gay marriage is a homophobe, everyone who sees a connection between Islam and Islamic jihadists is an Islamophobe, everyone who is anti abortion hates women's health, blah, blah, blah.

"Lie a lot, the press covers it, and it is the Dems fault"

Did McCain lie a lot? Because he got skewered in the press. Did Romney lie a lot? Because he got smeared. Did Hilary a lie a lot? Yes, and one TV station bothered to cover it. Again, I am not talking about Trump. John started this thread in response to the unfair way that Mitt Romney was portrayed. That liberal bias, led to Trump. Deny that if you want to, I'm not sure what good it serves, but it's your right.

"he Dems. can't get their own party nomination elected but are smart enough to get the Reps. to vote for someone they don't want to"

I didn't say anywhere, that the Dems did this intentionally (you are responding to a lot of things here, that no one actually said - are you feeling OK?). The Dems helped bring Trump about, by making people pizzed off about liberal bias and hypocrisy. You are, of course, free to deny that.

"the press will cover it and Jim will blame the Dems"

You seem to think I am a rabid Trump supporter. Again, maybe you aren't feeling well, because I am extremely, extremely critical of the man. But I am a fair critic of him, I criticize him for things he actually does, not made-up things. You can fill the Pacific Ocean with valid things to criticize him for, but apparently that's not nearly enough for liberals.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

if the right cant and wont give Obama credit for all those things you listed over 8 years .. not sure how how you can credit Trump for those same things in 7 months ...
I give Obama credit for helping stabilize and grow the economy. I don't like everything about the way he went about it naturally, but you can't say that the economy wasn't better off when he left, than when he got there. Maybe it depends on how you define "better economy", because GDP growth has been slow, and it was a slow recovery from a recession. But I give Obama decent marks on handling the economy. Not as high as the marks I give Bill Clinton, but decent.

Fair enough?
Old 08-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #8
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Bull#^&#^&#^&#^& !!!
The only thing that was rolling was Obama's agenda for Islam in this country, % of people on the hand out programs, illegals getting into the country, the deficit growing, Obama's golf game and elaborate family vacations all over the world on our dime.
Sure, the unemployment rate was down but with millions of companies cutting employees hrs making them part time then they have to go find a 2nd job just to survive, you call that lowering the unemployment rate ???
Night & day difference in consumer confidence now from the last 8 years.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device