Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
PaulS

He talks like he stopped going to school in the 5th grade. So which is better a smart person who flubs the English language or screws up a date or a person who doesn't know how to spell, lies, doesn't go to his briefings, etc.

Seems like you have TDS now trying to constantly defend him.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Always well spoken, isn't he.
But the media let's the comics handle it, can you imagine the screaming if the media put it on the nightly news like Faux

And before he started failing he knew how to operate an umbrella

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He talks like he stopped going to school in the 5th grade. So which is better a smart person who flubs the English language or screws up a date or a person who doesn't know how to spell, lies, doesn't go to his briefings, etc.

Seems like you have TDS now trying to constantly defend him.
I agree a smart person who flubs public speaking is better. I'm not sure I see the evidence that Biden is smart, especially now. He spent his career in the Senate known only for (1) running for president, (2) plagiarizing, and (3) playing the race card when it suited him (McCain and Romney "want to put y'all back in chains", yes that's very smart). He's a political hack who has been there forever and done almost nothing.

"Seems like you have TDS now trying to constantly defend him"

You're the one who automatically equates criticism of Biden, with defense of Trump. In your TDS-ravaged mind, fairly criticizing Biden is the same as defending Trump. Those two things are distinct, but you can't see it. Everything has to be about Trump.

You've seen me bash Trump again and again, so you're just lying now because you have no other cards to play. You've come a long way Paul, from when you used to challenge me in an interesting way.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT;1190470

You're the one who automatically equates criticism of Biden, with defense of Trump. [COLOR="Red"
When [/COLOR]In your TDS-ravaged mind, fairly criticizing Biden is the same as defending Trump. Those two things are distinct, but you can't see it. Everything has to be about Trump.

You've seen me bash Trump again and again, so you're just lying now because you have no other cards to play. You've come a long way Paul, from when you used to challenge me in an interesting way.
You criticize Biden over some petty things that Trump does day in and day out (and worse). I don't think you need to criticize Trump daily but sure seems hypocritical to me.

You bash trump for how he says things - not his policies.

I don't need any other cards to play bc you support a vile, lying, person who cheats on his wife. There were 10 other Rep. who would have gotten you the same judges.

Trump is our Pres. but you try to defend him by equating what he said about Corona to what Pelosi or de Blasio said as if they are the Pres, their words had the same impact or they got the same briefing. The latest is that Trump was notified about corona as far back as Nov. Imagine how much better things would be now if he acted and started the ball rolling.

Maybe we should go back to the days the discussions here were about the important stuff like Obama's tan suit or how he insulted the military by saluting w/a coffee cup.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
You criticize Biden over some petty things that Trump does day in and day out (and worse). I don't think you need to criticize Trump daily but sure seems hypocritical to me.

I don't need any other cards to play bc you support a vile, lying, person who cheats on his wife. There were 10 other Rep. who would have gotten you the same judges.

Trump is our Pres. but you try to defend him by equating what he said about Corona to what Pelosi or de Blasio said as if they are the Pres, their words had the same impact or they got the same briefing. The latest is that Trump was notified about corona as far back as Nov. Imagine how much better things would be now if he acted and started the ball rolling.

Maybe we should go back to the days the discussions here were about the important stuff like Obama's tan suit or how he insulted the military by saluting w/a coffee cup.
Dont forget the Marine holding an umbrella
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

find a post from me criticizing obama for his suit, i’ll give you my 401k. my issues were about real
stuff that matters.

doing a lot of lying lately Paul.

I criticize biden for petty stuff? he plagiarized an englishman’s speech. he torpedoes Borks nomination because of
politics. he accused Clarence Thomas of not being trustworthy around women ( that’s not playing the race card). He said that republicans want to put blacks in chains, you tell me, paul, did biden say that or not? is that what republicans want, you think? or was that a disgusting and divisive thing to say?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-09-2020 at 10:41 PM..
Old 04-10-2020, 07:29 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
find a post from me criticizing obama for his suit, i’ll give you my 401k. my issues were about real
stuff that matters.

doing a lot of lying lately Paul.

I criticize biden for petty stuff? he plagiarized an englishman’s speech. he torpedoes Borks nomination because of
politics. he accused Clarence Thomas of not being trustworthy around women ( that’s not playing the race card). He said that republicans want to put blacks in chains, you tell me, paul, did biden say that or not? is that what republicans want, you think? or was that a disgusting and divisive thing to say?

So Biden's verbal screw ups are "issues that really matter" when Trump basically does the same thing but is a vile, lying person? We have a difference of the important stuff these days. So again, you equate what a Dems. says and get your panties in a bunch but when a Repub. says something you are strangely quite. Why is it disgusting and divisive when a Dems. says something but ok for the Pres. of the US to say it is not?
Old 04-10-2020, 07:48 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
So Biden's verbal screw ups are "issues that really matter" when Trump basically does the same thing but is a vile, lying person? We have a difference of the important stuff these days. So again, you equate what a Dems. says and get your panties in a bunch but when a Repub. says something you are strangely quite. Why is it disgusting and divisive when a Dems. says something but ok for the Pres. of the US to say it is not?
When Obama said there were 57 states, THAT'S a verbal screw up.

A verbal screw up is one thing. Slipping into old age feebleness is another. I see the latter in Biden lately.

It's also convenient that you're focusing on his speech patterns, and ignoring his plagiarizing, the sex abuse claims (I'm old enough to remember when democrats said 'believe all women!'), his lying that republicans want to enslave blacks, and the fact that he's been in DC his whole life and done nothing except get rich, oh and raise kids who are freaks by any standard. Any comment on those facts? And they are facts.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When Obama said there were 57 states, THAT'S a verbal screw up.And you brought that up here repeatedly has if he doesn't know the # of states/territories.

A verbal screw up is one thing. Slipping into old age feebleness is another. I see the latter in Biden lately.

It's also convenient that you're focusing on his speech patterns, and ignoring his plagiarizing, the sex abuse claims (I'm old enough to remember when democrats said 'believe all women!'), his lying that republicans want to enslave blacks, and the fact that he's been in DC his whole life and done nothing except get rich, oh and raise kids who are freaks by any standard. Any comment on those facts? And they are facts.
And you seem to ignore the Repub. laying down infront of Trump and ignoring the claims about Trump - remember when they said they were the party of morals? Remember that fact.

Look at Bork's rulings - he was one of the most controversial picks for SCOTUS and didn't get all Repub. votes and did get some Dems.
Old 04-10-2020, 08:00 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:

Obama's tan suit
everybody drink .....