Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
PaulS

The current Repub. party has bc the party of "crazy birds" or whatever McCain called them.

His admiting he tried to kill someone, his stabbing someone, his attacking his mother w/a hammer, throwing a rock at someone's face, punching someone w/his fist around a lock won't make a bit of a difference to Repub. They will say it makes him strong.

If he wants to ramp up his fund raising, he needs to start throwing more insults around.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:33 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The current Repub. party has bc the party of "crazy birds" or whatever McCain called them.

His admiting he tried to kill someone, his stabbing someone, his attacking his mother w/a hammer, throwing a rock at someone's face, punching someone w/his fist around a lock won't make a bit of a difference to Repub. They will say it makes him strong.

If he wants to ramp up his fund raising, he needs to start throwing more insults around.
"The current Repub. party has bc the party of "crazy birds" or whatever McCain called them. "

OK, so every single Republican in the country, is gauged by the dumbest, meanest things that the current top 2 candidates say?

The top 2 on the other side are Hilary and Bernie. You want to be associated with the most outlandish things those 2 have said? You want to be held accountable for the fact that Hilary said that Bill didn't cheat on her, but he was being framed by the Republicans?

I think the 'Twilight Zone' theme could be the official song for the top 2 on both sides.

On the GOP side, it's unlikely that either Trump or Carson will be the nominee. Iowa is a funny state, sometimes fringe candidates do well there, and quickly fade away immediately after. I believe Rick Perry and Rick Santorum were the 2 previous winners in Iowa. Iowa is an early state, and carries a lot of weight early on.

You are right, it's embarassing to me that these 2 guys are in front. If I were a Democrat, I would be similarly ashamed of the top 2 on that side. SImilarly, Hilary can tell one lie after another, blame every scandal on a right wing conspiracy, and the voters don't hold her accountable (see every post by Spence in the Benghazi thread for examples of what I am referring to).

It's not unique to the GOP. But it's deranged, and I don't like it any more than you do.

Carson and Trump need to step aside and let the adults talk.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-05-2015 at 04:40 PM..
Old 11-05-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
Fly Rod

Come on fellas, U did not C the chickens picking on the ground around them tombs.....had to B grain silos........LMAO.....

That is almost as bad as your president sitting in Jeremiah Wright’s church for years saying he never heard Wright put down the United States.....

And what about this nut case Nancy Pelosi has drawn conservative scorn for her salacious lie about conservatives, this time accusing Americans protesting ObamaCare of wearing “swastika armbands”:....

Maybe Carson can go feed the chickens...lol...

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 11-05-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

OK, so every single Republican in the country, is gauged by the dumbest, meanest things that the current top 2 candidates say?
Well isn't that what do do constantly? You find some liberal that did something you don't like and start a thread about the damn liberals.

Reagan would have problem these days. He incr. taxes. Nixon started the EPA. A hero like McCain gets made fun off and Trumps popularity goes up. Both sides have crazies but the Repubs. Have gotten way worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-06-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well isn't that what do do constantly? You find some liberal that did something you don't like and start a thread about the damn liberals.

Reagan would have problem these days. He incr. taxes. Nixon started the EPA. A hero like McCain gets made fun off and Trumps popularity goes up. Both sides have crazies but the Repubs. Have gotten way worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"You find some liberal that did something you don't like and start a thread about the damn liberals."

True, to an extent. But when I do that, I'm usually pointing out a policy platform that is embraced by liberals in general. There are certain generalizations you can make about each side (liberals are pro-union, conservatives don't like increased gun control,etc).

"A hero like McCain gets made fun off and Trumps popularity goes up"

That's a source of shame to me, you are 100% correct there. My best explanation is that people are so sick of hearing Obama say things lke "Republicans gotta stop just hating all the time". We don't want a McCain who will simply sit there and take that insult, we need someone who will fight back. In my opinion, we can do a lot better then Trump.

"Both sides have crazies but the Repubs. Have gotten way worse."

I really hope Trump is a temporary phase. Remember, 75% of Republicans are supporting someone else. When more of those "someone elses" drop out, the anti-Trump vote will consolidate around a Rubio or a Cruz or a Christie, and Trump will go away.

Is Trump more of a kook than Bernie Sanders? Trump is more of a jerk, he's more bombastic. But Trump's policies and ideas are far less crazy, in my opinion, than Bernie's.

I am embarassed that Trump is where he is. I cannot begin to argue with you there, you are absolutely correct.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-06-2015 at 09:00 AM..