Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-28-2022, 12:50 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Go to a Catholic school, OMG that's funny, better like to play with the priest and be able to take a licking from the nun. The pope was just in Canada on another sh*t we Catholics can't apologize enough tour, the most fu*ked up bunch ever.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:57 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Go to a Catholic school, OMG that's funny, better like to play with the priest and be able to take a licking from the nun. The pope was just in Canada on another sh*t we Catholics can't apologize enough tour, the most fu*ked up bunch ever.
right. never mind smaller classes, higher test scores, and no woke liberal bullsh*t. at a far lower price then what public schools spend per pupil.

the catholic K-8 school in my town has 8-10 kids per class, has insane average test scores, and charges about $5200 a year. the public schools in my town have lower test scores, triple the average class size,,and spend $14k per kid

lemme guess from the stupid and bigoted comment of yours, you went to public school. it shows.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-28-2022, 01:13 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
right. never mind smaller classes, higher test scores, and no woke liberal bullsh*t. at a far lower price then what public schools spend per pupil.

the catholic K-8 school in my town has 8-10 kids per class, has insane average test scores, and charges about $5200 a year. the public schools in my town have lower test scores, triple the average class size,,and spend $14k per kid

lemme guess from the stupid and bigoted comment of yours, you went to public school. it shows.
Yup damn good time, played on the varsity tennis, wrestling and soccer teams. The wife who went to Catholic school hated every minute and has commented many times she wished she had access to any kind of sports program. She's got some good (if you like BS and mind torture) stories, you can have your religion buddy, it's perfect for you and clearly you probably have had it drilled (hope not from behind) into you.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Catholic schools are great. If you are amongst the few who can afford them or be lucky enough to get a free ride.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:28 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Catholic schools are great. If you are amongst the few who can afford them or be lucky enough to get a free ride.
and if more states had taxes like NH or FL, would that increase or decrease the number of people
who could afford them?

how about school
choice? does that increase or decrease the number of people
who could afford them?

if your blue states care so much about lifting people out of poverty, why do they oppose school choice? why forced those kids to be stuck in failing schools?
Old 07-28-2022, 01:42 PM   #6
PaulS

Quote:
and if more states had taxes like NH or FL, would that increase or decrease the number of people
who could afford them?

how about school
choice? does that increase or decrease the number of people
who could afford them?

if your blue states care so much about lifting people out of poverty, why do they oppose school choice? why forced those kids to be stuck in failing schools?
How about we try to make our public schools better instead of giving some $ to people who can use that to subsidize non public schools while taking funds away from public schools. Maybe we can go back to the segregation academies that were so common in the south after Brown v BOE.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:48 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
How about we try to make our public schools better instead of giving some $ to people who can use that to subsidize non public schools while taking funds away from public schools. Maybe we can go back to the segregation academies that were so common in the south after Brown v BOE.

sure we can try to change/improve public schools, but teachers unions make that practically impossible. Liberals tend to think that “improve” means, spend more money. Catholic schools are concrete proof that student performance isn’t correlated with spending, especially when all the spending goes to teacher benefits that have nothing to do with student performance

Paul, i’m pretty sure i’ve heard liberals describe themselves as pro choice. why not offer the choice? if you’re pro choice, you should
support school choice.

how the heck do you go from school
choice to segregated schools? poor black people
desperately want school choice. why would they ask for crappy segregated schools? are you saying that the darkies are too stupid to know what’s best for their kids?

good lord your are a smug elitist when you want to be.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:57 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
sure we can try to change/improve public schools, but teachers unions make that practically impossible. Liberals tend to think that “improve” means, spend more money. Catholic schools are concrete proof that student performance isn’t correlated with spending, especially when all the spending goes to teacher benefits that have nothing to do with student performanceYou don't think the type of people who send their students to Catholic schools are different than the general public? Aren't they more involved in their children's schooling than many who don't send their kids to Catholic schools?

Paul, i’m pretty sure i’ve heard liberals describe themselves as pro choice. why not offer the choice? if you’re pro choice, you should
support school choice. Not even close. Don't conserv. say they believe in personal freedom (until they don't believe that)?

how the heck do you go from school
choice to segregated schools? poor black people
desperately want school choice. why would they ask for crappy segregated schools? are you saying that the darkies LOLare too stupid to know what’s best for their kids? But isn't that what you constantly say about inner city blacks? That they are "too stupid" to understand that the Dems. try to hook them on aid so they will vote for the Dems. ?
Isn't that a racist belief?

good lord your are a smug elitist when you want to be.
Go fu ck yourself. You can't help but insult people.

Typical cons. What is good for me while ignoring everyone else.
Old 07-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:

typical smug elitist...we'll send you some moonshine and overalls to show appreciation, you don't want to be wearing skinny jeans and drinking a latte if you visit a red state, you saw Deliverance...right?
Old 07-28-2022, 02:37 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

was it me (!who can’t help insulting people), or was it you ( who would never do such a thing) who said people are moving to red states because they can’t compete in blue states?

Get over yourself.