Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 01-02-2023, 04:19 PM   #1
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I too have hobbies and a home to maintain.....but having had the same routine of getting up and dressed and lunch made before sunrise and a job that I have loved and excelled at for all these years is a hard habit to break. Nice that you made the adjustment so easily. I'll have to make the transition and leave it all behind.....but not until I have to.
I have four brothers that have retired.....one has a high powered telescope and takes pictures of distant galaxies for his fun.....I do like fishing and boating but it's kind of seasonal.
That won’t change, just NO pressure to get out the door… trust me LOL

How about make your own hours quality control / super for your present employer for a while,,, you know they’re gonna miss ya ….

good time of life….
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:10 AM   #2
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
That won’t change, just NO pressure to get out the door… trust me LOL

How about make your own hours quality control / super for your present employer for a while,,, you know they’re gonna miss ya ….

good time of life….

Thanks Ray..... also I dont have a lot of friends... outside of all the guys I know and like from work....my crew, plumbers, painters, electricians.....we all go back a ways and the daily interaction with them will be missed. Oh....and I dont golf...never have and never will. The company truck, gas, and credit cards they've given me will be hard to give up.

Then there is the financial aspects of retiring.....carpenters in general do not make big money, and although I live modestly I dont think Social Security Income will keep up with INFLATION, property taxes, and our medical needs.....and the SSI is also taxable....which is unfair tax on seniors.

I resent paying all these taxes and dont approve of how my tax money is spent by our government.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:46 AM   #3
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Thanks Ray..... also I dont have a lot of friends... outside of all the guys I know and like from work....my crew, plumbers, painters, electricians.....we all go back a ways and the daily interaction with them will be missed. Oh....and I dont golf...never have and never will. The company truck, gas, and credit cards they've given me will be hard to give up.

Then there is the financial aspects of retiring.....carpenters in general do not make big money, and although I live modestly I dont think Social Security Income will keep up with INFLATION, property taxes, and our medical needs.....and the SSI is also taxable....which is unfair tax on seniors.

I resent paying all these taxes and dont approve of how my tax money is spent by our government.
Amen brother!
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:02 AM   #4
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Amen brother!
Especially the money taken from the hard working people.....and given to those who have chosen not to work in favor of government support. The men who donate sperm to conceive children should be FORCED to pay for them........not you and I.......we supported and raised our children to be self sufficient with no assistance from the taxpayers.

Not the only waste of taxpayer money.....but this is getting worse by the minute.
Exhibit A: warning explicit and disgusting.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:23 AM   #5
Rmarsh

These folks on public assistance seem to be mocking us working people....for being so stupid...not paying attention and letting this happen. I cant believe this type of behaviour is celebrated in some circles. Most of us raised by good parents would find this shameful. Mine are already in heaven and still guide most of my decision making. Hope my children would never disgrace my wife and I with this immoral life style we see on display. I've taught them to work to survive....and to not accept handouts. I wonder how Chapter Jacksons parents feel about her disgusting videos? If it were my daughter...I would let her know how strongly I disapprove and that it must stop!
Ok ....rant over....now back to building homes.......and paying my taxes.
I've always liked the cape cod style houses ....like this one we did not too long ago.
Our current subdivision of 50 something houses is just about sold out. Ongoing bidding wars on the last few.....boring cookie cutter houses on tiny lots. Congested area but with quick access to rt 24 on ramp. Hope we can get back to building the bigger custom homes after these are done.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 06:00 AM..