Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This statement is simply a way to avoid discussing the issue at any cost!!!

Seriously, I'm sick of the Dems are wimps mantra.

Charles Rangle is a freaking Combat Veteran for christmas sake.

-spence
Utter Nonsense but if the shoe fits. At this point my premise is "If Spence is against it, its good for America".
Old 11-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Backbeach Jake

I think thay Rangle's point is this: If we had a draft, those who represent us and vote for war would think twice about voting for war if their own sons and daughters were subject to that draft. After seeing how our present leadership personally handled the draft, I think that Rangle could use a lesson in cynicism. Our All-Volunteer Soldiers are the best that ever put a boot to the Earth. And they've been betrayed by our politicians.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 11-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
Our All-Volunteer Soldiers are the best that ever put a boot to the Earth. And they've been betrayed by our politicians.
AMEN.

-spence
Old 11-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Utter Nonsense but if the shoe fits. At this point my premise is "If Spence is against it, its good for America".

The gloves are off.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 11-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronko View Post

The gloves are off.
Be careful what you wish for

His statement was idiotic...I'll restrain myself.

-spence
Old 11-26-2006, 09:05 AM   #6
stripersnipr

Quote:
Be careful what you wish for

His statement was idiotic...I'll restrain myself.

-spence
Utter Nonsense
Old 11-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
spence

Your post was nonsense as it's easily refuted by publicly available statements. Your interpretation is based on how you want to see his stunt, and not for what it really is.

-spence
Old 11-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
stripersnipr

Quote:
Your post was nonsense as it's easily refuted by publicly available statements. Your interpretation is based on how you want to see his stunt, and not for what it really is.

-spence
Hmmm.....So you think I'm the only one who holds that opinion. Your interpretation of publicly available statements is sound (only if you agree with them) and all other interpretations are "utter nonsense", but on the other hand if you dont agree with publicly available statements they become right wing spin and are totally dismissed. When someone takes exception to the "G.I's are stupid" mantra, you accuse them of "piling on" a silly post. You respond to others opinion by quickly reverting to veiled insults and third person name calling with your: idiocy, nonsense, makes no sense routine; All the while accusing others of not debating the issue. And dont forget, nothing personal here but "Its the Policy Stupid".
Old 11-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Hmmm.....So you think I'm the only one who holds that opinion.
I think the Rangle issue has been distorted by both sides, few people are really listening to his own words anymore!
Quote:
Your interpretation of publicly available statements is sound (only if you agree with them) and all other interpretations are "utter nonsense", but on the other hand if you dont agree with publicly available statements they become right wing spin and are totally dismissed.
No, I only claimed your interpretation of Rangle's stunt was nonsense

Quote:
When someone takes exception to the "G.I's are stupid" mantra, you accuse them of "piling on" a silly post.
The only "G.I.'s are stupid" mantra is the one used to defame war critics by accusing them of defaming the troops.

I don't believe Scooby thinks our troops are dumb...but I do think he made a very inarticulate statement.

But considering how the Military is having to lower standards in order to meet enlistment targets, it's easy for some to draw a parallel to Vietnam era stigma's...in a slippery slope sort of way.

Quote:
You respond to others opinion by quickly reverting to veiled insults and third person name calling with your: idiocy, nonsense, makes no sense routine; All the while accusing others of not debating the issue. And dont forget, nothing personal here but "Its the Policy Stupid".
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My comments are in context.

Unlike many, I don't cherry pick fringe kookisims and whitewash others so I can define my opponent as I'd like to see them. It's you who are trigger happy as any with the "left wing loony" retort to anything which is uncomfortable or difficult.

My insults are not veiled, I'm calling BULL%$%$%$%$ on this intellectually sloppy and boorish mode of communication you so embrace, which avoids the real issues in favor of a poke to the liberal straw man with an overworn stick.

Instead of getting all in a huff, how about responding to my utter nonsense post? The meat, the substance of the issue.

Would Congress and the President view using US force differently if the burden was shared not by just those who choose to sign up...but by those who enjoy it's protection!

It's a valid and perhaps critical question to ask at this juncture in the history of our country. As I've said before, yes, it's a stunt...but given how receptive the political climate has been for constructive debate, perhaps that's the only way to get the question addressed.

-spence