Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
MAC

Dunkin Donuts- The Last Straw

This morning started out just perfect. Had a great nights sleep and decided to go out for a breakfast. (something I rarely do)

On the way I stopped at a Tedeschi's (on Rt 138 in Stoughton) and picked up the Sunday paper. Since there is a Dunks in the same store I decided to get a cup of coffee to have after I got back home. I ordered and paid her with a $20. When I got my change back she handed me 7 $1.00 bills and the change. I questioned her about it and she got a little flustered. (now mind you she had a name badge on that said manager) She took the bills and recounted it, then added 2 $5.00 bills but removing a $1.00. Now she speaks to another manager in the office (8' away in plain sight) about needing more bills to make change. The other woman (also a manager according to her bagde) comes out and asks how much money I gave her. I said "a 20 ". The other woman said "a 10 ". I said "No a twenty dollar bill ". The second manager then asks for my phone number saying she will review the tape later incase I was wrong. I said fine. (still maintaining my composure)

She grabs a piece of paper and then asks for my license......This is when I lost it. I let the F word fly, saying" this is F in stupid. You are treating my like a criminal" I also told her this was the last thing I will buy from Dunkin Donuts ever again. I requested the owners name stating that I am going to write a letter. The second manager gave me the branch managers phone number and stating that the manager wa on vacation at the moment. I asked for the store owners name and address again and was told " I don't know. I'm just here filling in".

I am going to send a letter to their corporate office letting them know what happened and how they just lost a customer who probably spends over $800 with them over over the course of a year. I knew exactly how much money I had in my pocket as I had counted it before leaving the house. And she was WRONG>
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Backbeach Jake

I don't go to DD anymore because of their customer is always wrong attitude. The last time they told me that I'd given a 10 not a 20 I asked if they thought that I was trying to rob them, because if that's the case they'd probably better call the police. The very last time that I went I handed an extra coupla ones over so I get a five back instead of mopre ones. The idiot put it in the tip jar. It took forever to explain to the kid and then again the manager.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
MAC....can't blame you a bit! They have so many "40" IQ idiots working in DD now its pathetic! Sadly its not just there....its everywhere! Customer service is at an all time low! Problem is they "DO NOT PAY ATTENTION"! I go in all the time and ask for 1 simple thing.....a "Great One" with no sugar, extra cream, very, very light! They can not absorb that tiny bit of information and then they ask you again and they still screw it up! Sad...truly sad!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
spence

Isn't that why you're supposed to leave the bill on the register until change is made so you don't forget?

While this was probably unintentional, I've had several instances where I'm sure it was someone out to scam me. Always pay attention or even get into a habbit of saying what bill you're paying with.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
EricW

That really stinks Mac. I don't drink coffee or eat donuts so luckily we only go in there for an occasional bagel. Customer service at just about everywhere has gone right down the toilet over the years. The language barrier and just plain stupidity just amazes me.
Just shows you the higher ups dont seem to care about what kind of service the customers are getting.
I got some bad service at a baskin robbins a couple years ago which is owned by the DD people. I went online found the customer service # and gave them a call. They were very nice and sent me out a handful of gift certificates, about 10.00 worth.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #6
Slingah

the coffee is mediocre at best with usually bad service...
If I could only make donuts at home...

Live at Leeds
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
basswipe

I gave up on "Dump and Dognuts" a long time ago.Imo it hasn't had any redeeming qualities for quite some time.It did once but not now.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #8
chief10
Gone Dark

DD's is full of people who can't add or remember anything. next time you give a twenty to young kid/illegal/etc... remember the last four digits of the treasury #. usually you have enough time waiting in line to memorize it.
chief10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief10 View Post
DD's is full of people who can't add or remember anything. next time you give a twenty to young kid/illegal/etc... remember the last four digits of the treasury #. usually you have enough time waiting in line to memorize it.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #10
basswipe

The change miscounting thing is like a virus these days.

Recently made a purchase that cost $10.25 and gave the kid $20.25 so I'd get a $10 back.Even with the help of the register this kid was dumbfounded.At least he trusted me enough to know that when I said he owed me $10 I wasn't lying and he handed me a $10.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
Nebe

I have come to the conclusion that anyone working at a place like that is an idiot, so I always say "heres a 20".
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #12
Surfcastinglife

mmmmmm debit cards saves lots of frustration and its quicker when you factor in the 5 minutes it usually takes for people to make change nowadays. i rarely use cash anywhere
Surfcastinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #13
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfcastinglife View Post
mmmmmm debit cards saves lots of frustration and its quicker when you factor in the 5 minutes it usually takes for people to make change nowadays. i rarely use cash anywhere
Only problem with that is the surcharge often associated with making a purchase with a debit card. I use a local credit union and they charge .50 per transaction. And if I want cash back it cost me $1.25.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #14
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

This is why I always carry about $3 worth of change with me--just in case I'm so desparate for a coffee that I have to go into a DDs.

Watching them try to add up all of the change is priceless

Amazingly, the last 3-4 times I've gone to the one in Sagamore Beach, I've dealt with the same woman whose first language is actually English, and who can actually count to 20 without taking off her shoes

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #15
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I have come to the conclusion that anyone working at a place like that is an idiot, so I always say "heres a 20".
I always pay with exact change, I make sure when I leave the house I have quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies plenty of ones. if not I use my debit card.

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #16
Redsoxticket

DumDum gave you back two $5. and six $1. (she took the seven $1., remove one $1. giving you six $1.s'). Why did she say you gave her $10 if you received $16 plus change ?

Tell us the truth, you got a donut.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxticket View Post
DumDum gave you back two $5. and six $1. (she took the seven $1., remove one $1. giving you six $1.s'). Why did she say you gave her $10 if you received $16 plus change ?

Tell us the truth, you got a donut.
??? what the heck are you talking about? She never handed me the money back until after the license episode.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
Redsoxticket

Now it's clear.
I interpeted your post of the license eposode occurring after she gave you the money.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:09 PM   #19
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Mac, simple solution, trade in your truck for one of those Cadillac Acolades and start frequenting Starbucks.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #20
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
god forbid if u have to sway from wats on the menu in there. asking for a coffe with milk no sugar instead of a regular one and they look at u like ure weird or somethin.... like why cant u get just wats on the menu and as easy as possible to make. ohh well. capitalism.

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #21
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

They get me pretty worked up sometimes....tough to stay calm, especially when it's the "manager" making the mistakes. You'd think if anyone should have some brains...it would be them.
I never expect much from the workers though...most of the time they're just gabbing with each other, ...slowin things up, but how important is their job to them anyway? They don't care, they can go 1,000 different places and make the same money...it just sux for the consumer sometimes.

The drive-thru is the best though....they make me repeat my order 3 times, I ask that they repeat it back to me to make SURE they get it right......I pull up to the window and they ask......."What did you want again?" Sometimes I really think they do it on purpose.
There's always ways to retaliate. I always have coins in my truck....when they really get me worked up, I sit there and slowy count and recount pennies. Give them a hand ful of pennies, start counting more change...then ask them how much I already gave them....and then start counting all over again. Sometimes I'm an idiot like that....I need to feel I'm aggravating them back. I really feel good when they start looking at all the cars behind me.

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #22
FishermanTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
....The drive-thru is the best though....they make me repeat my order 3 times, I ask that they repeat it back to me to make SURE they get it right......I pull up to the window and they ask......."What did you want again?" Sometimes I really think they do it on purpose.
There's always ways to retaliate. I always have coins in my truck....when they really get me worked up, I sit there and slowy count and recount pennies. Give them a hand ful of pennies, start counting more change...then ask them how much I already gave them....and then start counting all over again. Sometimes I'm an idiot like that....I need to feel I'm aggravating them back. I really feel good when they start looking at all the cars behind me.
I like your approach.

As for good coffee, I'll make mine at home and bring it in a thermos.
I can guarantee the quality and the temperature.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #23
Rockfish9

That same scenario has been repeated sooo many times, but it's not just Double D's....I personaly blame it on the computer era.... most of these young people have camera phones, phones with calcualtors and the like, they grew up with them and use them daily, they never have to actualy THINK, if they are not told EXACTLY how much change to give, and WHAT denomination they are given, they are done for... on top of that, they always seem distracted, they all seem to suffer from some form of A.D.D... how many times do you need to order a medium BLACK coffe to get a medium black coffe....the answer is... more times than I care to....
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #24
Goose

Earlier this year at honey dew I messed up, I told the girl I gave her a 10 when I had given her a 5, honest mistake on my part, so the manager gave me more money. As I walk to the truck I realize I still had the 10, I Apologized and felt like crap, I still see her there once in a while. But I hear ya,, many times I've lost my cool with the "crowd" most DD seem to hire... what ya gonna do.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

The mistake was when the server didn't put the 20 on the cash register, give change then put the 20 away, so who ever trained this server is the one to blame.

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #26
riverrat55

I love it when I go to DD and order a large BLACK coffee and the guy says"Do you want cream and sugar in it?" DUH!!! Yeah!!! that's why I said BLACK!!!
LOL's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riverrat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM   #27
woosta

DD Bagel Sandwiches.....how many way can you say not toasted....NON, NO TOAST, NO!!!
And it still comes to you black....
woosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

unskilled ,, uneducated employees at dunks ... ya gotta watch em .. not Harvard grads ... You should go back and apoligize to the poor girl ... maybe buy her a christmas present ..

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #29
PaulS

Don't you always have problems and DD? Isn't there a Tim Hortons around?
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
Raven

Thumbs up first of all

(typing at the library)

you should not have a coronary over
A less than twenty dollars .....error

2nd switch to tasters choice instant coffee which i find to be real good

i purchased a GREAT themos at walmart for 8 bucks and some change and it keeps three cups of coffee hot for all damn day

thirdly as nebe the glass guy says (you say) -> "OUT OF A TWENTY" and you don't let it go until they register the statement (mentally)...and acknowledge you saying it regardless of whether your at DD's or cumby's or anywhere you shop.

their coffee is over rated anyway

Bigfish, whats your brand?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote