Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
wdmso

Analysis | Republicans keep hiding behind White Democrats to shift vaccine hesitancy blame onto Black Americans
Aug 24, 2021 — Yes, vaccination rates are lower among Blacks — but they're almost certainly lower still among White ... Washington post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Analysis | Republicans keep hiding behind White Democrats to shift vaccine hesitancy blame onto Black Americans
Aug 24, 2021 — Yes, vaccination rates are lower among Blacks — but they're almost certainly lower still among White ... Washington post
"they're almost certainly lower still among White"

So instead of looking at he data to see for sure, you post am uncited quote making an unsupported generalization.

According to way left-leaning folks at Vox, who posted the definitive study through July, "At the start of July, the vaccination rate was about 15 percent lower for Black people than for white people in the US,"

Can you grasp hat that means? Or would you like me to see if I can send it to you in a pop-up book?

There's an actual, published study in this article, data from the right-wing racist nuts at the CDC...

https://www.vox.com/22587443/covid-1...lta-cases-rate

How dare you claim that Republicans deny truth and facts? Where do you get the nerve to do that? How can you deny that's exactly what you did here?

Here's an article from left-leaning Yahoo in August...

"In the United States, black people have the lowest vaccination rates of any racial or ethnic group"

https://news.yahoo.com/black-people-...ycsrp_catchall

Those words in the bold font just above? They prove I'm right, and you're either wrong or a lying partisan. Which is it?

The CDC, Yahoo, and Vox say vaccination rates are low for blacks. But some guy at the Post says the earth is flat, and by jiminy, that's good enough for you, isn't it.

We have zero need to speculate on what a moron at the Post thinks is "almost certainly" true. We don't need to speculate, we have the data. Which you chose to pretend didn't exist.

You are the only person I've heard deny this/ Everyone else is wrong, the CDC is wrong, Yahoo is wrong, Yahoo is wrong...and you are right. You know better than all of them

Maybe you should stop listening to whoever at the Post said that, because they were playing you for a sucker.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

There are about thirty people working in the White House Press Office
Some people think that all that needs to happen is have the Chief Executive speak off the cuff to whoever he wants and whatever happens is fine.
The last bozo did just that, was caught in blatant lie after lie and nobody (except Jim) took his word.
The last administration had press secretaries who never held a press conference ever.
They quite consistently had their statements contradicted by the totally unscripted leader of the administration.
Impressive way to run a organization.

The MAGA crowd currently insisting General Milley committed treason should understand they're calling attention to the fact that everyone around their insane orange God king in the last months of his presidency thought he was completely insane and a danger to the country.

That's a little more than a mute button, isn't it?
Or maybe they should have just let his 1/15 Afghanistan withdrawal order stand.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Comparable majorities of Black (70%) and White (72%) adults have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Among Hispanic adults, 76% say they have received a vaccine, as do an overwhelming majority of English-speaking Asian adults (94%).

At earlier stages of the outbreak, Black adults had expressed significantly lower levels of intent to get a COVID-19 vaccine than White adults.

The vaccination rate among White evangelical Protestants continues to lag behind those of other major religious groups: 57% of White evangelicals say they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, compared with 73% of White Protestants who are not evangelicals, 75% of religiously unaffiliated adults and 82% of Catholics.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:58 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Ahh, apparently all honest people agree.
Interesting theory
Old 09-16-2021, 03:14 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Ahh, apparently all honest people agree.
Interesting theory
All honest people don't agree on everything. But they all agree that as of now, vaccination rates are lower in the black community than in other races. There is no data to suggest otherwise (though you'll be happy to hear that recently, that trend is going away, since you only care about what happened last week). Your side hates to admit that, because even you, crazy and dishonest as you are, know that even you you can't blame black behavior on Trump.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:35 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim’s stuck it happens frequently, better to let the record just keep skipping until he gets stuck on something new.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:38 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim’s stuck it happens frequently, better to let the record just keep skipping until he gets stuck on something new.
You're lobbing stupid baseless insults it happens frequently.

I'll ask you...

did Biden, or did he not, in a press conference, say "I was instructed to call first on..."

John R put that quote here, no one accused him of being 'lost'.

If Biden said that (and he did), why does he need that level of hand-holding? They don't trust him to decide on his own, which reporter can ask a question?

If it's rigged, and theres a planned reporter asking an agreed-upon question, isn't that worth knowing?
Old 09-16-2021, 05:49 PM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You're lobbing stupid baseless insults it happens frequently.

I'll ask you...

did Biden, or did he not, in a press conference, say "I was instructed to call first on..."

John R put that quote here, no one accused him of being 'lost'.

If Biden said that (and he did), why does he need that level of hand-holding? They don't trust him to decide on his own, which reporter can ask a question?

If it's rigged, and theres a planned reporter asking an agreed-upon question, isn't that worth knowing?
So what, he was told to call on one person first? Maybe they found that reporter hadn't been called on as much as others but you think because Biden said he was told to call on that report first means people control him or he has dementia? That's ridiculous
Old 09-16-2021, 06:02 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So what, he was told to call on one person first? Maybe they found that reporter hadn't been called on as much as others but you think because Biden said he was told to call on that report first means people control him or he has dementia? That's ridiculous
We all know Jim’s MO, once he is on a mission to prove a point it’s never ending until he himself runs out of steam to prove his point, which sadly lasts weeks.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
We all know Jim’s MO, once he is on a mission to prove a point it’s never ending until he himself runs out of steam to prove his point, which sadly lasts weeks.
i thought you weren’t taking part in circular debate? Paul
straightened out the circle I guess, a lucky break for you!

“never ending” = asking two (2) people who insulted me, to explain what they meant. One question apiece, to two people, is never ending.

You’re doing great.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So what, he was told to call on one person first? Maybe they found that reporter hadn't been called on as much as others
i’m sure that’s what it was, and the fact that it was a democrat friendly outfit had nothing to do with it.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:37 PM   #13
PaulS

Quote:
i’m sure that’s what it was, and the fact that it was a democrat friendly outfit had nothing to do with it.
Yeah I guess presidents don't call on biased networks. Think o a n
Old 09-16-2021, 04:49 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Soldier on Jim I choose not to participate in circular debates.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:19 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Soldier on Jim I choose not to participate in circular debates.
so you chose to participate when participation was limited to lobbing vague, baseless insults. but when i asked you the key question we were discussing, and i asked for an answer to the question, THEN and only then, you choose not to participate. Then you get one pay dig in, calling it a circular debate, when it could not be any more linear.

It’s such an obvious question ( what’s wrong with wanting to know why a sitting president can’t be trusted by whoever his handlers are, to choose which reporter to call on first). waiting for an answer, isn’t circular logic. it’s straight-line linear.

but the topic makes your candidate look like he has dimentia, so suddenly you choose not to participate. my kids did the same thing until they were about 6.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:59 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

https://images.app.goo.gl/3KXBJopZbKHPNgX47
Old 09-17-2021, 06:48 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

TFG bragging about passing a cognitive test used to screen dementia while not providing evidence will never not be funny to me
But someone asking Biden to call on someone is a reason to panic?
Old 09-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:

But someone asking Biden to call on someone is a reason to panic?

ahhhh...have you watched biden at all?
Old 09-17-2021, 07:33 AM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

The authoritarian personality has a strict superego, which controls a weak ego that is unable to cope with the strong impulses of the id. The resulting intrapsychic conflicts cause personal insecurities, which result in the superego adhering to externally imposed conventional norms (conventionalism), and unquestioning obedience to the authorities who impose and administer the social norms of society (authoritarian submission). The ego-defense mechanism of psychological projection arises when the authoritarian person avoids self-reference to the anxiety-producing impulse(s) of the id, by projecting the impulse(s) onto the "inferior" minority social-groups of the culture (projectivity), which are expressed by way of greatly evaluative and harshly judgemental beliefs (power and toughness) and rigid stereotypy.

The authoritarian person also presents a cynical and disdainful view of humanity, and a need to wield power and be tough, which arise from the anxieties produced by the perceived lapses of people who do not abide by the conventions and social norms of society (destructiveness and cynicism); a general tendency to focus upon people who violate the value system, and to act oppressively against them (authoritarian aggression); anti-intellectualism, a general opposition to the subjective and imaginative tendencies of the mind (anti-intraception); a tendency to believe in mystic determination (superstition); and an exaggerated concern with sexual promiscuity.

In human psychological development, the formation of the authoritarian personality occurs within the first years of a child's life, strongly influenced and shaped by the parents' personalities and the organizational structure of the child's family; thus, parent-child relations that are "hierarchical, authoritarian, [and] exploitative" can result in a child developing an authoritarian personality.[4] Authoritarian-personality characteristics are fostered by parents who have a psychological need for domination, and who harshly threaten their child to compel obedience to conventional behaviors. Moreover, such domineering parents also are preoccupied with social status, a concern they communicate by having the child follow rigid, external rules. In consequence of such domination, the child suffers emotionally from the suppression of his or her feelings of aggression and resentment towards the domineering parents, whom the child reverently idealizes, but does not criticize.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:07 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Pete says asking about Biden’s instructions is “panicking”.

the guy who started 50 anti Trump threads a day and got banned from starting threads, is saying i am “panicky” because i asked a question.

I’m not panicking. I asked a question after observing something that many people thought was interesting.

Pete, if that’s “panicking”, how would
you describe your behavior here during the Trump years. Calm and rational?
Old 09-17-2021, 08:19 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:

the guy who got banned from starting threads,

forgot about that
Old 09-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
forgot about that
but I’m panicking.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:49 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete says asking about Biden’s instructions is “panicking”.

the guy who started 50 anti Trump threads a day and got banned from starting threads, is saying i am “panicky” because i asked a question.

I’m not panicking. I asked a question after observing something that many people thought was interesting.

Pete, if that’s “panicking”, how would
you describe your behavior here during the Trump years. Calm and rational?
Successful

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:

Successful

Old 09-17-2021, 01:21 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

When someone disappears for months, then posts more than 200 times in two threads and thinks he won the internet.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2021, 02:08 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:

posts more than 200 times in two threads and thinks he won the internet.

Who would do such a thing Pete?
Old 09-17-2021, 02:14 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Who would do such a thing Pete?
You're a close second, but your word count is far lower.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2021, 01:54 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

He didn't really do that...................

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-17-2021, 02:00 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
He didn't really do that...................

And here's what you left out older videos of Trump making the same gestures about others.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pressions.html
Old 09-17-2021, 02:01 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And here's what you left out older videos of Trump making the same gestures about others.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pressions.html
So, he always makes fun of people with disabilities, OK

Lets Go Darwin