Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2022, 09:21 AM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
paul the most likely explanation all along was a political hit job. but he’s insane.agreed

Here’s a question for you. I wouldn’t care what any other lefties would respond to this, but i’m curious to know your reaction.

If you want to blame the GOP for this, then using that logic, don’t we also blame democrats for the shooting of republicans at the congressional softball game, for the assassination plot against Kavanaugh? If wnot, what’s the difference?The difference is that in the past when someone on either side got attacked/shot/etc it was over policy issues(taxes, the border, etc). This idiot believed the conspiracies spread by many Rs. If he says that he believed Trump won and the election was a fraud that can be tied directly to Trump, many in his admin. and many Rs.

I really think we need to dial the rhetoric down. But the inflammatory rhetoric is not used exclusively by the right. I’m not saying the right doesn’t use language i think is inflammatory, we do it all the time. But so does the left.agreed

In Bidens speech last night, naturally he said it was evil
to question the integrity of our elections. But Hilary is in tv saying the gop is planning to steal the 2022 and even the 2024 elections. Why is it ok when she does it?She is not the ex Pres for one and I'd have to see her full quotes.

Let’s tone down the rhetoric, have standards that we apply equally to everyone, and spend more time talking about which policies work and which don’t work.
NM
Old 11-03-2022, 10:39 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
NM
"The difference is that in the past when someone on either side got attacked/shot/etc it was over policy issues(taxes, the border, etc)."

So it's less outrageous that the guy who planned to kill Kavanaugh, can say it was because of abortion? The fact that he can connect it to a policy decision that actually happened, makes it less vile than attacking Mr Pelosi because of the the lie that the election was stolen?

And what policy issue was the motive behind the shooting of 6 republicans at the congressional softball game?

God almighty man...you're saying it's less horrible to attack a politician over an actual policy position, than to attack a politician over a made up policy position? So it's more tolerable to kill republicans if you oppose the Trump tax cuts, than it is to kill a democrat because you think they're soft on crime?

Whew.

If you really believed what you just said, why aren't you condemning Hilary for already saying the GOP will steal the 2022 and 2024 elections?

Have fun answering that one.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:45 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
"The difference is that in the past when someone on either side got attacked/shot/etc it was over policy issues(taxes, the border, etc)."

So it's less outrageous that the guy who planned to kill Kavanaugh, can say it was because of abortion? The fact that he can connect it to a policy decision that actually happened, makes it less vile than attacking Mr Pelosi because of the the lie that the election was stolen?

And what policy issue was the motive behind the shooting of 6 republicans at the congressional softball game?

God almighty man...you're saying it's less horrible to attack a politician over an actual policy position, than to attack a politician over a made up policy position? never said thatSo it's more tolerable to kill republicans if you oppose the Trump tax cuts, than it is to kill a democrat because you think they're soft on crime?Pls. point out where I said anything remotely close to that?

Whew.

If you really believed what you just said, why aren't you condemning Hilary for already saying the GOP will steal the 2022 and 2024 elections?

Have fun answering that one.Ok douchebag
I showed his actions are directly tied to lies by Trump, his admin. and many Rs, not policy decisions. The guys who shot giffords and scalise did it bc of their policies - not because they were brainwashed by Trump or Hillary.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
I showed his actions are directly tied to lies by Trump, his admin. and many Rs, not policy decisions. The guys who shot giffords and scalise did it bc of their policies - not because they were brainwashed by Trump or Hillary.
Paul, you said the difference was that previous shootings were based on policy, and this one was based on the lie of election fraud.

So if we somehow found out that the 2020 election was stolen, you'd have a better opinion of the guy who attacked Pelosi?

"Ok douchebag"

But I'm angry.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:57 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, you said the difference was that previous shootings were based on policy, and this one was based on the lie of election fraud.

So if we somehow found out that the 2020 election was stolen, you'd have a better opinion of the guy who attacked Pelosi?It wouldn't change my opinion of him. What would change is that I wouldn't blame Trump, his admin. and many Rs.

"Ok douchebag"If you in anyway thinks saying "Have fun with that" isn't rude as sheet you better ask someone.

But I'm angry.
NM
Old 11-03-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
NM
Trying to follow you...

You blame Trump for the Pelosi attack, because Trump invented the lie that the attacker was motivated by. Even though Trump never told anyone to attack Pelosi due to election fraud.

But you won't say anything about Schumer and Kavanaugh, even though Schumer explicitly threatened Kavanaugh. You give Schumer a pass because Kavanaugh actually did vote to overturn Roe?
Old 11-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Trying to follow you...

You blame Trump for the Pelosi attackThe blame lies with the individual who did it. But Trump and the Rs deserve criticism for making up a lie that lead a damaged idiot to attack Pelosi, because Trump invented the lie that the attacker was motivated by. Even though Trump never told anyone to attack Pelosi due to election fraud.

But you won't say anything about Schumer and Kavanaugh, even though Schumer explicitly threatened KavanaughIt there is a threat K can go to the police.. You give Schumer a pass because Kavanaugh actually did vote to overturn Roe?
That is right.

“And we fight. We fight like hell And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
“All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they’re doing … We will never give up, we will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.”
“Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about … We will stop the steal.”
“Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness, you have to show strength and you have to be strong.”

So do you have a link to Hillary's statement?
Old 11-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS

"Ok douchebag"

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Civility is never going to be a moderator.....