Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #271
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

the Republican party where the truth goes to die
the democrat party...where dead people go to vote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #272
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the democrat party...where dead people go to vote
Like I said where truth goes to die
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-19-2020, 06:54 PM   #273
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
WTF are you talking about? Nancy Pelosi admitted that she blocked passing a smaller relief bill, but now that Biden won, she'll vote for it. She admitted that.

WHat is your evidence that democrats care more "people" than Republicans? Because the data shows clearly that conservatives are actually more likely to give money and time to charity, than liberals, and if you consider the role that religion plays on both sides, that is to be expected.

Also waiting for you to support your absurd claim that Republicans blame Biden for the recent covid spike.

Gov Cuomo killed thousands by forcing nursing homes to admit covid-positive patients, this was long after we all knew it was going to target the elderly. But you have nothing to say about that. None of you do.

republican=bad, democrat=good. We get it.

How about you think for yourself, for two consecutive seconds, and see how it feels? Just two consecutive seconds.

God you're a simpleton.

WHo started the Chicago fire, Wayne? Sarah Palin?

Jim wake up Republicans don’t care about the avg America your boy Trumps doesn’t care about the avg American and you defending them at every turn over everything shows you don’t care about the avg American..

So please wake up from you kool aid high. You don’t even read it wasn’t Covid it was unemployment numbers ,, still waiting for you to hold Trump responsible for anything

What about Trump talking about martial law at the White House to over turn the election let me guess you can excuse that also

But Republicans have honor integrity ethics ya ok maybe 20years ago

Last edited by wdmso; 12-19-2020 at 07:02 PM..
Old 12-19-2020, 07:29 PM   #274
scottw

Quote:

What about Trump talking about martial law at the White House

You are confused again...he was talking about martial arts....
Old 12-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #275
wdmso

Trump supporters demanded a ‘brand new election overseen by the military,’ anti-mask protesters surrounded the homes of health officials, GOP reps doubled down on conspiracy theories on national tv , Republicans hard at work
Old 12-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #276
scottw

Quote:
Trump supporters demanded a ‘brand new election overseen by the military,’ anti-mask protesters surrounded the homes of health officials, GOP reps doubled down on conspiracy theories on national tv , Republicans hard at work
anything get burned down yet?
Old 12-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #277
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim wake up Republicans don’t care about the avg America your boy Trumps doesn’t care about the avg American and you defending them at every turn over everything shows you don’t care about the avg American..

So please wake up from you kool aid high. You don’t even read it wasn’t Covid it was unemployment numbers ,, still waiting for you to hold Trump responsible for anything

What about Trump talking about martial law at the White House to over turn the election let me guess you can excuse that also

trump cut my taxes. he increased funding at black colleges. so i laugh at your idea that republicans in general, don’t care about regular people. it’s liberals who throw regular people under the bus again and again.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #278
Jim in CT

Quote:

and you know you’re
lying when you say i always defend him. you’re the one who does the same thing every time, you criticize him. you’re incapable of dojng anything else.

i can be fair, criticize him when he deserves it, praise him when he deserves it.

you also need to understand that there’s a lot more to “republicans” than trump. he’s not the party. our ideas are the party, and our ideas, for the most part, are vastly superior to liberal ideas. more common sense, more mathematical realism, more compassion. not even close.

i live in CT, where liberals have ruled for 50 years. liberalism is brutal on the “regular guys.”. CT is turning into a place that has two
kinds of people, the wealthy, and those who clean their pools. i see no concern for regular guys among the liberal agenda.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:16 PM   #279
Jim in CT

Quote:
still waiting for you to hold Trump responsible for anything

he’s responsible for his disgusting personal antics, for not improving health insurance, for not getting mexico to pay for the wall, and for nit sending in troops to put down the violent lefty protests this summer. can you comprehend, that this is me holding him accountable? or did that go over your head?

now, we’re all waiting for you and all the liberals here, to admit the benefits of his policies - tax cuts, job growth, low unemployment, lowest black unemployment ever, increasing funding for black colleges, criminal justice reform, progress towards peace in the middle east, not getting us involved in questionable wars, crushing ISIS, creation of economic opportunity zones, etc.

you act as if i’m the blind partisan. obviously it’s you. You’re the one, not me, who ignores reality and makes a partisan argument every single time. every. single. time.

Old 12-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #280
wdmso

Quote:
he’s responsible for his disgusting personal antics, for not improving health insurance, for not getting mexico to pay for the wall, and for nit sending in troops to put down the violent lefty protests this summer. can you comprehend, that this is me holding him accountable? or did that go over your head?

now, we’re all waiting for you and all the liberals here, to admit the benefits of his policies - tax cuts, job growth, low unemployment, lowest black unemployment ever, increasing funding for black colleges, criminal justice reform, progress towards peace in the middle east, not getting us involved in questionable wars, crushing ISIS, creation of economic opportunity zones, etc.

you act as if i’m the blind partisan. obviously it’s you. You’re the one, not me, who ignores reality and makes a partisan argument every single time. every. single. time.

Trumps not a republican and any republican who signed up to overthrow the election via Texas is not a republican and we will see on Jan 6th how many of these so called republicans will go along with that fools errand ,,

and how many are speaking out against Flynn and Trump for suggesting using the military to re do the elections in states trump lost 0r suggesting its not russia it may be china or appointing Sidney Powel as special investigator or 1 for Hunter?

where has Trump been on covid ? Covid bill russian hack MIA jim its been said he loves being President He doesn't love working or acting like one ..

Jim dont get mad at me for attacking these people their lies their attempts to overthrow an election they have hijacked the republican party and you like many other republicans have allowed it to happen

I am no partisan. this is so much bigger than that

but keep falling back on the great things you think hes done and keep ignoring was he has failed to do
Old 12-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #281
Pete F.
Canceled

Skyscreaming again I see
Poor victim

Meanwhile Sidney Powell is meeting with Tweety in the residence, away from adult supervision.
And the felon he pardoned is advocating sedition.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:54 PM   #282
scottw

Quote:

I am no partisan.
funniest thing ever written in these pages...
Old 12-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #283
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trumps not a republican and any republican who signed up to overthrow the election via Texas is not a republican and we will see on Jan 6th how many of these so called republicans will go along with that fools errand ,,

and how many are speaking out against Flynn and Trump for suggesting using the military to re do the elections in states trump lost 0r suggesting its not russia it may be china or appointing Sidney Powel as special investigator or 1 for Hunter?

where has Trump been on covid ? Covid bill russian hack MIA jim its been said he loves being President He doesn't love working or acting like one ..

Jim dont get mad at me for attacking these people their lies their attempts to overthrow an election they have hijacked the republican party and you like many other republicans have allowed it to happen

I am no partisan. this is so much bigger than that

but keep falling back on the great things you think hes done and keep ignoring was he has failed to do
"Trumps not a republican"

Yet you constantly hold all Republicans accountable for everything bad he does (while not giving them credit, of course, for the good things he does).
"
"where has Trump been on covid ?"

Where would you like him to be?

Here's what Govs Cuomo and Newsom had to say.

Cuomo, in April, called Trumps response a "phenomenal accomplishment".

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...hment-n2567194

And Newsom..."every single direct request Trump was capable of meeting, he has met".

https://www.poordonkey.com/californi...irus-response/

"I am no partisan. "

You are the textbook definition of a rabid, blind, thoughtless zombie partisan. You are exactly, precisely what you claim (incorrectly) that I am. Again, you ignored every single positive thing I listed., Because your mind isn't capable of processing that he could do anything productive.

When you can't say that he helped the economy, you're a lunatic.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #284
Jim in CT

Quote:
funniest thing ever written in these pages...
It's on any list of the 10 most absurd things ever posted here.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #285
Jim in CT

Quote:
keep ignoring was he has failed to do
An hour ago, I posted a long list of things he failed to do. A long and specific list of his failures.

Do you have brain damage? Or are you a pathological liar? I don't see a third option. I just don't know what other choice there is.

I posted this: he’s responsible for his disgusting personal antics, for not improving health insurance, for not getting mexico to pay for the wall, and for nit sending in troops to put down the violent lefty protests this summer.

You respond with this??: keep ignoring was he has failed to do

I can't talk to you. It's just not possible.

He's also responsible for adding to the debt.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #286
Pete F.
Canceled

In 2016, Dems accepted the loss. Their protest was against Trump’s policies. The transfer of power & continuation of our republic were not in question. Trump won’t accept the loss & puts the future at risk, as do his enablers if they won’t condemn dangerous nonsense.

The felon Flynn has the president's ear on post-election strategy. So it matters when Flynn goes on TV, describes possible federal seizure of voting machines, sending military into swing states to 're-run' election, and defends martial law.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-21-2020, 02:24 PM   #287
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

In 2016, Dems accepted the loss.
that's pretty funny....
Old 12-21-2020, 02:53 PM   #288
Pete F.
Canceled

I don't get the "But Democrats questioned the legitimacy of the election in 2016!" stuff. If you condemned that at the time, doing the same thing -- but much worse -- is not exactly an ethically or logically serious response.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #289
Jim in CT

Quote:
that's pretty funny....
I have him blocked. He really said that?
Old 12-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #290
Pete F.
Canceled

Donald Trump is a snowflake who cares only about his feelings not the facts.

He’s a pampered millennial child who can’t handle losing and wants a participation trophy.

He’s a coddled, out-of-touch elite who cares more about what his media friends say about him than the struggles of forgotten Americans.

He’s a fool who leads a selfish ruling class that is bringing America to the brink of revolution.

He is an Ivy Leaguer who requires a safe space to protect himself from painful speech.

He believes in a hierarchy of victimhood with himself at the top and his aggrieved white supporters next.

He’s a wokescold who wants to silence those who reject his magical thinking.

A wanna-be monarch having a “temper tantrum.”

He’s callow and acting in bad faith.

Those who are not standing up to him have “no conception of the national interest larger than his immediate political interests.”

He is a censorious enemy of free speech and freedom of religion.

He is trying to bring about an “End Of Discussion” by leading an “outrage industry that shuts down debate and manipulates voters.”

He is “Triggered”, “driven by hate, and trying to silence the voters.”

He is stealing America.

He’s a whiner who specializes in phony outrage. A beta-soy-boy cuck who won’t take his setbacks like a grown man.

He wants to infuse political culture wars into every crevice of American life, bullying those who don’t accept his hegemony.

He sees democracy as a filthy process that can be cured only by centralized power.

He’s unvirtuous, ignorant, anti-American, and anti-Christian.

He’s a loser who is up to his eyeballs in bull#^&#^&#^&#^&.

He is everything that they ever said their “evil” opponents were. And worse.

But they don’t care.

Even in the face of Trump’s humiliating defeat at the hands of an opponent they believe to be weak and suffering from dementia, Republicans and conservative commentators continue to enable the human embodiment of what they once decried.

They do it because their crusade stopped being about anything other than causing their opponents pain a long time ago. They came to the crossroads and struck a deal to make a human troll the president of the United States, because he put Obama in his (birth) place and made all the right people mad. He was their vehicle to give the finger to half of the country.

Their end of that deal paid off in spades the past four years. And as he petulantly refuses to concede defeat they continue to get the liberal schadenfreude they crave.

The only thing they had to do in order to get it, was become everything that they had claimed to hate.

They should never be allowed to forget it.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-21-2020, 03:54 PM   #291
wdmso

Quote:
It's on any list of the 10 most absurd things ever posted here.
Your 9 ahead of me

Trump has single handily turned the Republican Party into a joke , they had a choice and they like you chose to support Him and his politics.. you don’t get to run away now ....

Ps from day 1my issue has always been with Trump never with the party as a whole. Until the nonsense since nov 3rd they lost all credibility and they have run out of excuses, you haven’t I doubt you ever will..

Love your disappointment
and for nit sending in troops to put down the violent lefty protests

Doesn’t get more anti American then wishing to send in the Troops

Let me guess you’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t declare martial law and have the military re do the vote in states he lost .. because you think what’s the military for if you can’t use them against Liberals
Old 12-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #292
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In 2016, Dems accepted the loss. Their protest was against Trump’s policies. The transfer of power & continuation of our republic were not in question. Trump won’t accept the loss & puts the future at risk, as do his enablers if they won’t condemn dangerous nonsense.
Quote:
that's pretty funny....
You're a loser, like the clown you don't really support

November 9, 2016

CLINTON: Thank you. Thank you all. Thank you.

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you all very much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much.

(APPLAUSE)

Very rowdy group. Thank you, my friends. Thank you. Thank you, thank you so very much for being here and I love you all, too.

Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for and I’m sorry that we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.

But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together, this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.

(APPLAUSE)

I know how disappointed you feel because I feel it too, and so do tens of millions of Americans who invested their hopes and dreams in this effort. This is painful and it will be for a long time, but I want you to remember this. Our campaign was never about one person or even one election, it was about the country we love and about building an America that’s hopeful, inclusive and big-hearted.

We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.

Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don’t just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them.

(APPLAUSE)

Now – and let me add, our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years but all the time. So let’s do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear; making our economy work for everyone not just those at the top, protecting our country and protecting our planet and breaking down all the barriers that hold any American back from achieving their dreams.

CLINTON: We’ve spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American dream is big enough for everyone – for people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities. For everyone.

(APPLAUSE)

So now, our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part to build that better, stronger, fairer America we seek. And I know you will.

BTW, she went to the inauguration also..........

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 12-21-2020 at 04:03 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-21-2020, 04:06 PM   #293
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your 9 ahead of me

Trump has single handily turned the Republican Party into a joke , they had a choice and they like you chose to support Him and his politics.. you don’t get to run away now ....

Ps from day 1my issue has always been with Trump never with the party as a whole. Until the nonsense since nov 3rd they lost all credibility and they have run out of excuses, you haven’t I doubt you ever will..

Love your disappointment

Doesn’t get more anti American then wishing to send in the Troops

Let me guess you’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t declare martial law and have the military re do the vote in states he lost .. because you think what’s the military for if you can’t use them against Liberals
Wayne, you say you're not a partisan. Please tell us, in what way you are different, from a liberal partisan.

You see, I can say I'm not a blind Republican partisan, because I can point to issues where I disagree with Republicans (death penalty, gay marriage, making healthcare more accessible, gun control to some extent). I don't think there are any major issues, on which you could say you disagree with Democrats.

"turned the Republican Party into a joke "

you say the entire GOP is a joke. But you're not a partisan!

That joke of a party, despite having such a horribly flawed president, made gains in the house (no one saw that coming), may well hold onto the Senate (most didn't see that coming), and made gains in state governments (which no one predicted).

The GOP is still as much of a force as the democrats. But you call is a joke. But you're not a partisan!

Your side isn't a joke? You elected a senile old rich white guy who can't string 5 sentences together any longer, and his running mate polled at 5% in the democratic primaries and only got where she is by s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g her way to the top. Literally, no one can run for potus as a democrat without kissing Al Sharptons ring. Your side celebrates abortions until birth, the looting of cities every time you don't get your way, you claim POLICE are to blame for what's happening in our cities (instead of blaming stupid public policy which actually caused it), a dingbat like AOC is one of the 10 most powerful democrats in DC. But the GOP is the joke. Right, right.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:13 PM   #294
Jim in CT

Quote:
Love your disappointment

Youre the most ignorant person on this board. WHat are citizens supposed to do, when state/local authorities won't maintain peace? What would you do?

When Eisenhower was president, American schools were ordered to be de-segregated. In Arkansas, the racist governor (guess which party???) refused to let blacks attend white schools. He actually used Arkansas National Guardsmen to prevent black students from entering schools, defying federal law.

So Eisenhower did the only thing. He sent in the 101st Airborne, armed to the teeth, and told that racist hick (and democrat) governor to get the hell out of their way.

I suppose you oppose what Eisenhower did there, you would have preferred that he not send in the troops. You'd have told those black students to lump it in their horrible black schools? Is that what you would have done? Because history has pretty much decided that what Eisenhower did was awesome. But you disagree. You said that what Eisenhower did, was anti-American. It was "anti American" for the president to make sure that actual racism was squashed? Not the fake racism that democrats today never stop menstruating about, I mean real, actual, brutal, racism. Youre actually saying it was un-american for Eisehower to use troops to enforce anti-segregation laws?

WOW. I mean, wow.

FOR ONE SECOND, can't you put down your rabid blind partisanship, and imagine how you'd feel is you put your life savings into a small business that was being ransacked by a mob, and your governor didn't care? Wouldn't you beg for your president to send in the troops?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-21-2020 at 04:24 PM..
Old 12-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #295
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Hey it's Xmas, think more like Melania and spread the xmas spirit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Melania.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	67562  
Old 12-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #296
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Hey it's Xmas, think more like Melania and spread the xmas spirit.
to retort in your manner...

Click image for larger version

Name:	harris.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	67563
Old 12-21-2020, 04:50 PM   #297
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not within a million miles of anything I ever said or would say. But when you can't respond to what I actually did say, why not respond to something I never cam close to saying. You do that a lot. Most liberals do. It's what one does when one knows the other side has a point, but you can't admit it.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:57 PM   #298
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
to retort in your manner...

Attachment 67563
Agree, I’m sure her legs cross and a headache comes on if Donny wants to get frisky, although I think he gets off by tweeting as his preferred rush.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #299
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Agree, I’m sure her legs cross and a headache comes on if Donny wants to get frisky, although I think he gets off by tweeting as his preferred rush.
As always, everything, including the fact that a CA senator is a skank, has to be about Trump.

What are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just admitted what's in her past? What is the compulsion to turn everything into a dig on Trump?

I'm not sure she knows how to cross her legs.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #300
spence

Quote:
As always, everything, including the fact that a CA senator is a skank, has to be about Trump.

What are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just admitted what's in her past? What is the compulsion to turn everything into a dig on Trump?

I'm not sure she knows how to cross her legs.
At least Jim has cemented his position as the most depraved and misogynistic person on the site.