Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-30-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I should add to that

Usually an investigation happens when a crime has been committed. In this case no evidence of any crime hence witch hunt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I should add to that

Usually an investigation happens when a crime has been committed. In this case no evidence of any crime hence witch hunt.
So what was the crime that caused multiple investigations into Bengahzi? I believe Flynn and Manafort not registering as foreign agents are crimes.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I believe Flynn and Manafort not registering as foreign agents are crimes.
from the WashPo

"Deliberately failing to file as a foreign agent may result in a felony criminal charge accompanied by steep monetary civil penalties. In practice, however, the Department of Justice generally encourages voluntary compliance and prosecutions under the act are “quite rare,” said Joseph Sandler, an attorney who specializes in political law, including FARA. The Justice Department generally allows people to register retroactively(I think they both registered retroactively) if questions arise about their past activities and the law requires no late fees or other penalties.

Criminal charges for violating FARA have typically been reserved for cases involving foreign agents whose conduct ran afoul of U.S. foreign policy interests. They often come as a package of other criminal charges, like espionage."
Old 06-30-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
detbuch

Benghazi was not about a crime. It was about what went wrong. Being wrong, being incompetent, being unsuited for your responsibility, are not crimes.

There is all this hullabaloo about Trump being unfit to be President. That would not be a crime. If it were shown by his past performances that he was not doing what was needed to successfully run his businesses, that may have been enough to demonstrate that he was not to be trusted to run the executive office of the federal government.

Hillary demonstrated by her incompetence in Benghazi, in her choice of email server, in the Russian reset, in her meddling in Syria and Libya, that she was not a trustworthy candidate for the highest and probably the most difficult job in the land. Her advocacy for the removal of qaddaffi certainly was a precursor of the Benghazi mess.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-30-2017 at 11:05 PM..
Old 07-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
wdmso

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More

Crazy Joe Scarborough and dumb as a rock Mika are not bad people, but their low rated show is dominated by their NBC bosses. Too bad!
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
Our new American Energy Policy will unlock MILLIONS of jobs & TRILLIONS in wealth. We are on the cusp of a true energy REVOLUTION.Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
The failing @nytimes writes false story after false story about me. They don't even call to verify the facts of a story. A Fake News Joke!
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
So they caught Fake News CNN cold, but what about NBC, CBS & ABC? What about the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost? They are all Fake News!

I guess Fox news is the only one not fake since he re tweets them all the time ... not sure how long his supporters are willing to cling to the most un presidential man in the world ... who now want the whole USA voting histories of all Americans names and all other data .... but thats not what communists do
Old 07-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
detbuch

Why Exposing Fake News Matters | James O’Keefe and Stefan Molyneux