Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-07-2022, 06:57 PM   #1
detbuch

Does America as we recently knew it still exist?

This is really good. Only about 15 minutes:

Old 12-07-2022, 07:28 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Glad to see you’re back
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-07-2022, 07:50 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Crappie pond must be frozen over.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:32 PM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Merry Christmas

Pay attention at 13:25 it is spot on
Old 12-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is really good. Only about 15 minutes:

Only a few here want the America you envision .

And they posted promptly
Old 12-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Only a few here want the America you envision .

And they posted promptly
What is your version of the America I envision? And what does that have to do with the video you presumably responded to?

If you don't know how I "envision" America, your comment is worthless. And if you can't discuss or dispute what's in the video, why do you pretend to respond to it?

And how do you know how many on this website want what I "envision" or what they envision?

In other words, WTF are you talking about? Do you have any clue as to the relevance, validity, or accuracy of your own words?

Last edited by detbuch; 12-08-2022 at 01:04 PM..
Old 12-08-2022, 04:48 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I see no link, so no idea what is so important that the mid west crappie fisherman came out of hibernation to post, but when talk of how do you know how everyone on this forum views America I have to chuckle. Count the posters in this political forum, you only need one hand, it’s such a massive sampling hehe.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:25 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I see no link, so no idea what is so important that the mid west crappie fisherman came out of hibernation to post, but when talk of how do you know how everyone on this forum views America I have to chuckle. Count the posters in this political forum, you only need one hand, it’s such a massive sampling hehe.
Did you ever check how many are watching on the forum, not just how many post? And I did revise my post to include the website not just the forum. Most of those who tune in do not make posts in this forum. I've seen days when there are over a hundred observers. Perhaps you have a psychic power that enables you to know what they all are thinking. You do exude an air of superiority.

Don't know how you missed the link to the video. Even wdmso included it in his response.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:28 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
What is your version of the America I envision? And what does that have to do with the video you presumably responded to?

If you don't know how I "envision" America, your comment is worthless. And if you can't discuss or dispute what's in the video, why do you pretend to respond to it?

And how do you know how many on this website want what I "envision" or what they envision?

In other words, WTF are you talking about? Do you have any clue as to the relevance, validity, or accuracy of your own words?

It’s very clear how I envision America . And it’s is not driven by a YouTube QAnon or never ending conspiracy’s video fetish ..

if you can't discuss or dispute what's in the video

Only a conspiracy theorist use that line when people refuse to take the bait
Old 12-08-2022, 05:41 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
It’s very clear how I envision America . And it’s is not driven by a YouTube QAnon or never ending conspiracy’s video fetish ..

if you can't discuss or dispute what's in the video

Only a conspiracy theorist use that line when people refuse to take the bait
I didn't ask how you envision America. I asked you "What is your version of the America I envision?" You seem to think you know what Americal I envision when you say "Only a few here want the America you envision."

And referring to anything you disagree with or don't want, or are unable, to discuss, a conspiracy theory is a weak cop out unworthy of sincere, intelligent, discussion. And you certainly have supported conspiracies about Trump and "conservatives."
Old 12-09-2022, 08:17 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
I didn't ask how you envision America. I asked you "What is your version of the America I envision?" You seem to think you know what Americal I envision when you say "Only a few here want the America you envision."

And referring to anything you disagree with or don't want, or are unable, to discuss, a conspiracy theory is a weak cop out unworthy of sincere, intelligent, discussion. And you certainly have supported conspiracies about Trump and "conservatives."
Anything you post is a conspiracy to everybody but yourself and like minded others their Truths

Regardless of the facts presented..

Since you love YouTube

Old 12-09-2022, 11:22 AM   #12
wdmso

Rev. Rob Schenck speaks during press conference in front of the Russell Senate Office Building in Washington, D.C., on April 17, 2019. Schenck testified in front of the House Judiciary Committee Dec. 8, 2022 saying that he knew of a leak out of the U.S. Supreme Court in 2014.

Right-wing Christian activists sought to work their way into the social circles of conservative-leaning U.S. Supreme Court justices — offering prayers, meals, "warm personal greetings," and occasionally even travel — in an effort to "embolden" the justices to advance their policy agenda, the former leader of an evangelical nonprofit told members of Congress on Thursday.

But but twitter
Old 12-09-2022, 11:25 AM   #13
detbuch

Quote:
Anything you post is a conspiracy to everybody but yourself and like minded others their Truths

Regardless of the facts presented..

Since you love YouTube

When I post I am not conspiring with anybody. I am presenting opinions, or facts, or "envisions" as you might say, that I, or others have somehow arrived at. I present all of that to you and others on this forum in order to discuss and ultimately "falsify" as your video suggests is a scientific way to measure the merits of opinions and theories.

That you don't endeavor to engage in this scientific method, but rather just dismiss by labelling and ignoring is the non-scientific way of sticking your head in the sand.

Perhaps you should adhere to the notions in your video if you think it's so enlightening. You do post youtube videos. Does that mean you love youtube?
Old 12-09-2022, 01:19 PM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
When I post I am not conspiring with anybody. I am presenting opinions, or facts, or "envisions" as you might say, that I, or others have somehow arrived at. I present all of that to you and others on this forum in order to discuss and ultimately "falsify" as your video suggests is a scientific way to measure the merits of opinions and theories.

That you don't endeavor to engage in this scientific method, but rather just dismiss by labelling and ignoring is the non-scientific way of sticking your head in the sand.

Perhaps you should adhere to the notions in your video if you think it's so enlightening. You do post youtube videos. Does that mean you love youtube?
Someone needs a box of tissues for Christmas

FYI. I posted the video from YouTube seeing how it is your go to source of information. In hopes you might accept the message..

The irony clearly went over your intellectual superior head.
Old 12-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Someone needs a box of tissues for Christmas

This silliness befits you.

FYI. I posted the video from YouTube seeing how it is your go to source of information

Actually, it isn't. It's just one of many. And . . . so what? You use it. All the posters on this forum use it. Are you
implying that if it's on Youtube it ain't no good?

In this case, it was a concise presentation of something that has occurred to me in personally seeing, and corrobrated from many sources, what has happened to this country . So, rather than "ranting" or "pontificating" about it, as several on this forum call it, I gave it to you'all in a brief and easy to digest video.

In hopes you might accept the message.

The irony clearly went over your intellectual superior head.
I did accept the message, and I seem to have understood that message better than you. The message on your video clearly, and ironically, went over your ability to process your own post.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:39 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

A pedophile groomer who was close to Ron Desantis ends up dead right as he's becoming the frontrunner to challenge Trump in a Republican primary. Seems suspicious. Why is the media not covering that story?
Old 12-11-2022, 10:35 AM   #17
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A pedophile groomer who was close to Ron Desantis ends up dead right as he's becoming the frontrunner to challenge Trump in a Republican primary. Seems suspicious. Why is the media not covering that story?
Are you an investigative journalist? How did you find out about this? What does it have to do with this thread?
Old 12-11-2022, 11:03 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Are you an investigative journalist? How did you find out about this? What does it have to do with this thread?
Just more possibilities, it’s possible ya know.

Kent Stermon was appointed to the Florida Board of Governors by DeSantis in 2019 and served on several nonprofit boards including Boys and Girls club.
Florida GOP politics is a cesspool of criminality and corruption. Rick Scott - Medicare fraud, Matt Gaetz and Joel Greenberg- child sex trafficking, Ron DeSantis - trafficking asylum seekers across state lines, Joe Harding - money laundering and wire fraud. Then there's Trump.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2022, 01:49 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Just more possibilities, it’s possible ya know.

Kent Stermon was appointed to the Florida Board of Governors by DeSantis in 2019 and served on several nonprofit boards including Boys and Girls club.
Florida GOP politics is a cesspool of criminality and corruption. Rick Scott - Medicare fraud, Matt Gaetz and Joel Greenberg- child sex trafficking, Ron DeSantis - trafficking asylum seekers across state lines, Joe Harding - money laundering and wire fraud. Then there's Trump.

Just more possibilities!!??!! How about the realities of the video, the subject of this thread? Apparently of no interest, nor concern for you?

I guess you'd rather change the subject and move on to something else that interests you. Something in the midst of the boundless possibilities of corruption that exist across the spectrum of both political parties and of all politicians in the realm of American politics--damn the specific subject of thread.

It seems that for you, those possibilities that can somehow destroy Trump are your favorites.

Newsflash . . . Trump is not the greatest threat to America that has ever existed, nor that currently exists. What is a far, far, greater threat is what is pointed out in the video that started this thread.

But that doesn't interest you.

That's fine as far as it goes, but it interests me. If you are unable to show the very common courtesy of responding to what interests me, then I don't give a $hit about what interests you.

But I wish you well. Take a pleasant hike and wander into some other thread in which you and your interest can engage with the interest of the actual specific subject the poster brought up for discussion.
Old 12-11-2022, 04:36 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Just more possibilities!!??!! How about the realities of the video, the subject of this thread? Apparently of no interest, nor concern for you?

I guess you'd rather change the subject and move on to something else that interests you. Something in the midst of the boundless possibilities of corruption that exist across the spectrum of both political parties and of all politicians in the realm of American politics--damn the specific subject of thread.

It seems that for you, those possibilities that can somehow destroy Trump are your favorites.

Newsflash . . . Trump is not the greatest threat to America that has ever existed, nor that currently exists. What is a far, far, greater threat is what is pointed out in the video that started this thread.

But that doesn't interest you.

That's fine as far as it goes, but it interests me. If you are unable to show the very common courtesy of responding to what interests me, then I don't give a $hit about what interests you.

But I wish you well. Take a pleasant hike and wander into some other thread in which you and your interest can engage with the interest of the actual specific subject the poster brought up for discussion.
You’re wrong

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-11-2022, 10:39 PM   #21
detbuch

Quote:
You’re wrong
Old 12-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #22
wdmso

Trump is not the greatest threat to America that has ever existed, nor that currently exists. What is a far, far, greater threat is what is pointed out in the video that started this thread.

Did you drink a fresh batch a Kool Aid when you wrote this ?

You are a deep state 1 trick pony... and your youtube source has a Merch page selling items like the following...

Funny they are talking about the constitution But sell Trump super saiyan images (the man who ignored the constitution)

of course Illuminati Secret society T shirts

and the age old far right claim the media is the enemy

but keep trying to rebrand yourself as a concerned American
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	803.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	69352   Click image for larger version

Name:	801.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	69353   Click image for larger version

Name:	800.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	69354  
Old 12-12-2022, 02:36 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
"Trump is not the greatest threat to America that has ever existed, nor that currently exists. What is a far, far, greater threat is what is pointed out in the video that started this thread." Did you drink a fresh batch a Kool Aid when you wrote this ?

No . . . I haven't had Kool Aid since I was a kid. How about you? Had a little bit too much of the Courvoisier before you posted this loony, wacko, drivel of nonsense?

You are a deep state 1 trick pony...

Nah . . . no tricks, no ponies. Deep state, as explained in the Tim Poole video, is, simply, our federal administrative governance--the alphabet federal agencies. It's that major portion of the federal government that regulates a great portion of your life. It's real. And its powerful. Only liars or brainwashed idiots would deny that.

and your youtube source has a Merch page selling items like the following...

Funny they are talking about the constitution But sell Trump super saiyan images (the man who ignored the constitution)

Is it unconstitutional to sell Super Saiyan T-shirts?

of course Illuminati Secret society T shirts

?

and the age old far right claim the media is the enemy

"Far right"? It's an age old claim, period. And it is very often true. It is especially true when the media pretends to be "unbiased" when it clearly is not . . . and far worse, when the media is directed in ways by the government--which the twitter revelations are showing.

but keep trying to rebrand yourself as a concerned American
It's not about me. And what makes you think I am not concerned? If I was not concerned, I wouldn't bother to make this post.
Old 12-12-2022, 03:54 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
It's not about me. And what makes you think I am not concerned? If I was not concerned, I wouldn't bother to make this post.
of course it's about you ..and your twisted fantasys and it has nothing to do with the constitution

And your latest You tube mouthpiece High School school is playing you like a fiddle the man's only conviction is to play to whatever audience will send him money

he goes from supporting occupy wall street to Sweden to investigate claims of "no-go zones" then In July 2019, Pool participated in a White House event hosting internet personalities who President Trump characterized as unfairly targeted for their conservative views andElection Integrity Partnership (EIP) said that Pool was a "superspreader" of claims surrounding voter fraud before and after the 2020 United States presidential election

As of 2019 and 2020, Pool's audience was largely right-wing.

detbuch your just a flea Jumping from dog to dog as long as they sing your tune.. Just let it soak in you use Youtube video and try to repackage factual source in a comical attempt legitimize to your arguments ....

there's a name for it Illusory truth effect

The illusory truth effect is the tendency to believe false information to be correct after repeated exposure.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:13 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
of course it's about you ..and your twisted fantasys and it has nothing to do with the constitution

And your latest You tube mouthpiece High School school is playing you like a fiddle the man's only conviction is to play to whatever audience will send him money

he goes from supporting occupy wall street to Sweden to investigate claims of "no-go zones" then In July 2019, Pool participated in a White House event hosting internet personalities who President Trump characterized as unfairly targeted for their conservative views andElection Integrity Partnership (EIP) said that Pool was a "superspreader" of claims surrounding voter fraud before and after the 2020 United States presidential election

detbuch your just a flea Jumping from dog to dog as long as they sing your tune.. Just let it soak in you use Youtube video and try to repackage factual source in a comical attempt legitimize to your arguments ....

The illusory truth effect is the tendency to believe false information to be correct after repeated exposure.
You seem to go out of your way to bring up a whole lot of stuff that's mostly labeling, name calling--opinions stated post after post in a thread where you simply could have just commented on the actual post at hand. You assiduously, and arduously avoid comment on the actual things said, instead of disputing them, showing where they are false.

Just quit circumventing the actual post by bringing in all manner of peripherals which would only lead to various rabbit holes and misdirections in order to deflect from actually acknowledging or disproving what was said in the video that started this thread.

As for your attempt to disparage Poole, your usual kill the messenger tactic, nobody is perfect and always right. Not even you. I wouldn't bring up all the times, the many, many times you were wrong in order to discredit you when you occasionally are right. Tell us what was wrong with what was said in the video that started this thread.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-13-2022 at 01:50 PM..
Old 12-13-2022, 03:31 PM   #26
detbuch

Quote:

The Tim Pool video is not my fantasy, neither twisted or right on. It exists in real time and space.

I don't know what a you tube mouthpiece High School school is. If you're referring to Tim Pool, how am I being played by posting a clip from one of his podcasts--if you think it is fraudulent, please inform me how. I've seen a few of his shows, and it appears to me that he has several convictions, as well as doubts and questions. And, yes, like all journalists, or workers of any type, they need to be paid for their work.

I believe that the NYT, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC. Slate, The Guardian, The Atlantic, Salon, etc., etc., all require an audiance to survive. Are they playing to their audience, or does their audience select them because of their content?

You assume Tim Pool is faking it and has no real convictions.
How have you come to that? Actually watching or reading his stuff?
Or just accepting characterizations of him by those who don't like him?

he goes from supporting occupy wall street to Sweden to investigate claims of "no-go zones" then In July 2019, Pool participated in a White House event hosting internet personalities who President Trump characterized as unfairly targeted for their conservative views

Yes, he used to be more of a leftist, by conviction, and has drifted more to some "center" (I don't believe there is an actual political "center"). From what he has said, he has done so because of weird, authoritarian, radical turns that the Dems have taken. Other noted journalists and commentators who came from the left, like Glen Greenwald, Bill Maher, Matt Taibbi, Aaron Mate, Jimmy Dore, among others, have been regularly criticizing the Dems for their radical wokeness, race-baiting, inverting the meaning of words, and censorious inclinations--and so, in turn, they have been criticized by leftists to the point of calling them right wingers, even "far right"--which is ridiculous.

So, if Pool interviews "conservatives" or criticizes Democrats (when they deserve it), then, in your eyes, he's a sell-out?

andElection Integrity Partnership (EIP) said that Pool was a "superspreader" of claims surrounding voter fraud before and after the 2020 United States presidential election

"Election Integrity" sounds so nice and assuring.
But like much inverted language from the left, the "integrity" is elusive. It rather shifts into its opposite--calculated bias:

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...sites-in-2020/
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...eet-responses/

https://historyheist.com/wickedpedia...y-partnership/

https://www.thefire.org/news/one-wei...xing-elections

https://trendingpolitics.com/biden-r...ocuments-knab/

How dare they!!! Sort of like Fox News. Oh, yeah, sort of like just about all news outlets, left or right--the audience being largely those who agree with them. SO WHAT?!!

Unlike you, I read the posts of those with whom I disagree. I don't make assumptions, accusations, smears and characterizations until I do read them, then I critique the words and thoughts in them. It's like that scientific method of falsifying presented in the YouTube video you posted which you either didn't understand or are unable or unwilling to practice, but rather prefer to proclaim all manner of silly assumptions from the hole in the sand that you stick your head into.

Yes, that's the illusory comfort that you seem to get by dismissing and disparaging posts you don't read, and instead depend on false information that is repeated by your, how did you put it--your "go to" sources--that tell you, over and over, what you want to hear.