Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-02-2022, 05:57 AM   #1
scottw

Dark Brandon

if you want to call others fascists or semi-fascists...always do this while appearing as a deranged fascist dictator...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FbnNllEaUAU4lBF.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	69158  
Old 09-02-2022, 06:04 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

He’s so inspiring, he’s working hard to bring this country together. If this doesn’t inspire spontaneous hugging and the singing of cumbayah in the streets, I don’t know what will.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-02-2022, 06:08 AM   #3
scottw

seriously though...who gave him the advice that was a good look?

maybe they consulted the producers of the OFFICE?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2698_4_full-10kwvtf.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	69159  
Old 09-02-2022, 07:14 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

President Biden: “I want to be very clear: Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans.#^& Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.”

MAGA Republicans: Biden attacked and smeared half of the country!!
Old 09-02-2022, 07:29 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
President Biden: “I want to be very clear: Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans.#^& Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.”

wow....dark brandon can read the thoughts of others....he's more powerful than I imagined!

he should have asked that dude that is running against OZ to stand next to him with his hoodie over his head...that would have been great
Old 09-02-2022, 08:42 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wow....dark brandon can read the thoughts of others....he's more powerful than I imagined!

he should have asked that dude that is running against OZ to stand next to him with his hoodie over his head...that would have been great
Yet in a poll conducted this summer by Monmouth University, more Republicans called Jan. 6 a “legitimate protest” rather than even a “riot,”

Your one them

And I bet you disagree that

We can’t be pro-insurrectionist and pro-American. They’re incompatible,

I know you never said that.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He’s so inspiring, he’s working hard to bring this country together. If this doesn’t inspire spontaneous hugging and the singing of cumbayah in the streets, I don’t know what will.
You really don’t like being told the Truth do you?
Old 09-02-2022, 09:02 AM   #8
Jim in CT

i’m curious, when did we change the definition of fascist to be “those who want less federal government intrusion into their lives?
Old 09-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:

MAGA Republicans: Biden attacked and smeared half of the country!!
Hillary was right.

You have like 60% who think Biden is not the legitimate Pres. and have their 6 year old kids basically screaming "F U Joe" - classy. Then you have the POS' and their spouses claiming he is senile.

I guess people think he should just take it.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:28 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Hillary was right.

You have like 60% who think Biden is not the legitimate Pres. and have their 6 year old kids basically screaming "F U Joe" - classy. Then you have the POS' and their spouses claiming he is senile.

I guess people think he should just take it.
right, because it’s classier and therefore acceptable when senator chuck schumer tells the world the Gorsuch and Kavanaugh won’t know what hit them if they don’t vote in line with liberals, and that they’ll reap the whirlwind

whem has Joe Biden ever “just taken” anything without swinging back?

Biden : republicans want to put blacks back in chains. That was ok!

We can agree to dial down the rhetoric, or we can agree not to dial it down, but it can’t be expected that only one side has to behave like adults. T
Old 09-02-2022, 09:46 AM   #11
PaulS

hundreds of thousands chanting/bumper stickers/etc FU Joe but point out 2 (or however many names you can come up with) isn't the same.

So do you tell your kids to basically yell F U President?

I doubt it.

Host Steve Doocy argued that there exists a division within the Republican Party comprised of traditional GOP members and MAGA supporters. But not everyone on the studio set agreed with that assessment.

"So what he is doing is talking about MAGA Republicans," Doocy said. "Not all Republicans were MAGA just like not all Democrats, you know, love the squad. So, there are different factions within the Republican Party. What he's doing is focusing on the people who fall in line with Donald Trump…"

This prompted fellow host Brian Kilmeade to jump into the conversation and argue, "The squad is extremist, and MAGA is not extremist. January 6th is an aberration," to which Campos-Duffy responded "Of course!"

Doocy noted that he thought Biden was attempting to "divide the Republican party by name. He was talking about the MAGA Republicans and the mainstream Republicans." But his co-hosts clearly were not hearing any distinctions.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:57 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
if you want to call others fascists or semi-fascists...always do this while appearing as a deranged fascist dictator...
looks like Emperor Ming from Flash Gordon...
Old 09-02-2022, 10:07 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
hundreds of thousands chanting/bumper stickers/etc FU Joe but point out 2 (or however many names you can come up with) isn't the same.

So do you tell your kids to basically yell F U President?

I doubt it.

Host Steve Doocy argued that there exists a division within the Republican Party comprised of traditional GOP members and MAGA supporters. But not everyone on the studio set agreed with that assessment.

"So what he is doing is talking about MAGA Republicans," Doocy said. "Not all Republicans were MAGA just like not all Democrats, you know, love the squad. So, there are different factions within the Republican Party. What he's doing is focusing on the people who fall in line with Donald Trump…"

This prompted fellow host Brian Kilmeade to jump into the conversation and argue, "The squad is extremist, and MAGA is not extremist. January 6th is an aberration," to which Campos-Duffy responded "Of course!"

Doocy noted that he thought Biden was attempting to "divide the Republican party by name. He was talking about the MAGA Republicans and the mainstream Republicans." But his co-hosts clearly were not hearing any distinctions.
"hundreds of thousands chanting/bumper stickers/etc FU Joe but point out 2 (or however many names you can come up with) isn't the same."

OK, so how about pointing to the riots in 2020, when democrats and the media ignored it and in some cases encouraged it?

You're right Paul, I can't point to thousands and thousands of democrats chanting the f-word in a political situation. But I can point to many of them engaging in violence, dishonestly demonizing those who disagree with them, many many other unacceptable things (Republicans also engage in this behavior). In terms of politically-motivated violence in our lifetimes, there's no comparison, none. The only right wing riot was January 6th, which was beyond disgusting, but it ain't a pattern. There's a pattern of riots on the left when they don't get their way.

"So do you tell your kids to basically yell F U President?"

No I don't. And I agree it's repulsive when others do it. But I can also say it's repulsive when Congresswoman Talib goes on TV talking about Trump and says "impeach the motherf*cker".

You want to claim that democrat voters are more refined in total than republicans, I agree 100%. A hundred percent. Democrats are wealthier than Republicans. That doesn't mean they treat their opponents with more respect than Republicans do.

"I doubt it."

A sincere thank you.

"Host Steve Doocy argued that there exists a division within the Republican Party comprised of traditional GOP members and MAGA supporters. But not everyone on the studio set agreed with that assessment."

I agree with Doocy. There's a chasm, it's not a civil war. The left has a similar split between more extreme progressives and the more moderate left.

Why is "Make America Great Again" a sinister thing? And how is it remotely fascist? There are some insults you can probably accurately use to describe the Trump fanatics, but "fascist" isn't one of them. They want the feds to leave them alone. That's the opposite of fascist.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #14
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
looks like Emperor Ming from Flash Gordon...
or…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D60CA59F-7164-4066-A924-CD3B8DE1965A.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	69160  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-02-2022, 12:08 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

"Biden risks backlash" from people who routinely call him a communist groomer pedophile hitler is, to be sure, an unsurprising development.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:12 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Things that are divisive/demagogic:
—Calling the press the enemy of the people
—Banning entire religions from the country
—Siding with Putin over our own intelligence agencies
—Stealing state secrets to sell to our enemies
—Inciting insurrections to overthrow the U.S. government

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-02-2022, 12:53 PM   #17
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yet in a poll conducted this summer by Monmouth University, more Republicans called Jan. 6 a “legitimate protest” rather than even a “riot,”

Your one them

And I bet you disagree that

We can’t be pro-insurrectionist and pro-American. They’re incompatible,

I know you never said that.

Right?

Imagine if Jan6 had lasted three months in heavy mode and 18 months in light to moderate mode.

Wait.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #18
JohnR

Quote:
or…
I had that same thinking last night. Pink Floyd hammers in Lockstep.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-02-2022, 01:06 PM   #19
JohnR

Things that are divisive/demagogic:
—Calling the press the enemy of the people
When large portions of the press Actively suppresses information, or outright lies, putting their thumb on the scale of justice. The shoe fits.

—Banning entire religions from the country
Name one

—Siding with Putin over our own intelligence agencies

—Stealing state secrets to sell to our enemies
Prove it

—Inciting insurrections to overthrow the U.S. government
There was no way THAT was overthrowing the government. I have a lot of problems with Trump, Including Jan6, but it wasn't an overthrow, the Republic was not going to die that day. But particularly three years into the effing tantrum the left has thrown in this country, it mitigates a lot of the bad.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #20
Jim in CT

wdmso, january 6th was a tiny riot among a large protest.

If you want call the summer of 2020 gatherings riots, then don’t try telling me january 6th was a riot. by any conceivable measure ( destruction, deaths, property damage $$) january 6th was a fraction of the summer of live

when did i deny january 6th was a riot? it was a tame riot. why do you struggle so mightily with comprehending what people say?

it was a riot. ok? anything about that statement that’s ambiguous to you?
Old 09-02-2022, 02:22 PM   #21
Nebe

If you are offended by what he said, maybe… just maybe you you too are a fascist.
Old 09-02-2022, 02:41 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wdmso, january 6th was a tiny riot among a large protest.

If you want call the summer of 2020 gatherings riots, then don’t try telling me january 6th was a riot. by any conceivable measure ( destruction, deaths, property damage $$) january 6th was a fraction of the summer of live

when did i deny january 6th was a riot? it was a tame riot. why do you struggle so mightily with comprehending what people say?

it was a riot. ok? anything about that statement that’s ambiguous to you?
Looks tame?

https://youtu.be/jWJVMoe7OY0

Did the BLM protest in your town turn into a riot?

You want to compare the largest protest ever in the Country to an attack on the seat of the federal government?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-02-2022, 02:43 PM   #23
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

If you are offended by what he said, maybe…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

Biden needs to be in a dementia ward

Old 09-02-2022, 02:44 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:

Did the BLM protest in your town turn into a riot?

did the January 6th protest in your town turn into a riot?
Old 09-02-2022, 02:53 PM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
did the January 6th protest in your town turn into a riot?
There was no J6 protest in my town, but there are several people still convinced that Trump won.

There were more than 10,600 BLM demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these — or nearly 95% — involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 — or approximately 5% — involve any demonstrators engaging in violence.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

The fact you think those numbers make it no big deal is friggin amazing.
Old 09-02-2022, 03:11 PM   #27
scottw

Quote:

There was no J6 protest in my town, but there are several people still convinced that Trump won.

if only we had a way to deal with this people....probably anti-vaxxers too...I bet they don't drive electric cars or have solar panels like you, probably hate the environment and own assault weapons and bibles....
Old 09-02-2022, 03:13 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
The fact you think those numbers make it no big deal is friggin amazing.
he was the guy standing in front of the inferno saying "this is mostly peaceful"
Old 09-02-2022, 05:03 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Biden said today “I don’t consider any Trump supporter to be a threat to America.”

he did a quick 180 didn’t he.

he doesn’t even know what planet he’s on.
Old 09-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Biden said today “I don’t consider any Trump supporter to be a threat to America.”

he did a quick 180 didn’t he.

he doesn’t even know what planet he’s on.
Seems you don’t know the difference between a Maga supporters and a trump supporter

You would be the latter