Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2022, 07:09 AM   #1
wdmso

the GOP fentanyl lie

Yep the GOP once again using the Fentanyl issue in america to target immigration and the southern border but as usual the facts don't support their suggestion.. but of course that hasn't stop their base from soaking it up like a sponge or Fox pushing their narrative none stop

Many politicians who want to end U.S. asylum law claim that immigrants crossing the border illegally are responsible.

An NPR‐​Ipsos poll last week found that 39 percent of Americans and 60 percent of Republicans believe, “Most of the fentanyl entering the U.S. is smuggled in by unauthorized migrants crossing the border illegally.” A more accurate summary is that fentanyl is overwhelmingly smuggled by U.S. citizens almost entirely for U.S. citizen consumers.

Here are facts:

Fentanyl smuggling is ultimately funded by U.S. consumers who pay for illicit opioids: nearly 99 percent of whom are U.S. citizens.
In 2021, U.S. citizens were 86.3 percent of convicted fentanyl drug traffickers—ten times greater than convictions of illegal immigrants for the same offense.

Over 90 percent of fentanyl seizures occur at legal crossing points or interior vehicle checkpoints, not on illegal migration routes, so U.S. citizens (who are subject to less scrutiny) when crossing legally are the best smugglers.

The location of smuggling makes sense because hard drugs at ports of entry are about 97 percent less likely to be stopped than are people crossing illegally between them.

Just 0.02 percent of the people arrested by Border Patrol for crossing illegally possessed any fentanyl whatsoever.
The government exacerbated the problem by banning most legal cross border traffic in 2020 and 2021, accelerating a switch to fentanyl (the easiest‐​to‐​conceal drug).

During the travel restrictions, fentanyl seizures at ports quadrupled from fiscal year 2019 to 2021. Fentanyl went from a third of combined heroin and fentanyl seizures to over 90 percent.

https://www.cato.org/blog/fentanyl-s...asylum-seekers

Clearly today's GOP know showing facts and telling the truth, do not get them votes! ASK Liz lies and more lies and reinforcing the bases prejudice that their being replaced by little brown men and women (whom they claim are swinging republican (must be just the legal ones ) only the illegals vote Democrat .. clearly produces better results.

Think about it. why would any republican of principle and integrity and ethics vote for JD Vance Kelly Lake Mark Finchem Mastriano Trump? All election deniers aka liers .. Yet all will receive tens of thousands of votes

The Actual Threat to America is not from the southern border its from with in . it isn't Republicanism its Trumpism

when a short time ago
Old 10-30-2022, 07:39 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-30-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
Jim in CT

hilary clinton insisted her election was stolen and that therefore RmTrumo
was illegitimste. But that was OK.

stacey abrams says she only list because of idiotic claims of racist voter suppression, but that’s ok.

everything is ok when wayne’s side does it.
Old 10-30-2022, 03:40 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

A response from a juvenile shocking
Old 10-30-2022, 03:41 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
hilary clinton insisted her election was stolen and that therefore RmTrumo
was illegitimste. But that was OK.

stacey abrams says she only list because of idiotic claims of racist voter suppression, but that’s ok.

everything is ok when wayne’s side does it.
And a 2nd response completely of topic again not shocked
Old 10-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And a 2nd response completely of topic again not shocked
i forgot…what about-ism is only ok when you do it!

if you’re going to attack trump for making false claims that his election was stolen,,but you refuse to comment when hilary and abrams made false claims about their elections being stolen…maybe the issue is with you, not with anyone else

just apply your “standards” consistently, and you’ll be taken seriously. what don’t you call hilary and abrams election deniers?
Old 10-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
A response from a juvenile shocking
I will certainly try and do some soul searching from that response, hopefully I won’t lose any sleep over it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-30-2022, 05:16 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Does anyone on this board think I should be taken seriously?
Correction made.
Old 10-30-2022, 05:53 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Correction made.
wel you claimed i said liberals arent americans. i asked you when i ever said anything remotely close to that.

you are dodging that.

gee, i wonder why?

i was a registered democrat until i was in my early 20s and agree with liberals on some meaningful issues.

can you support what you said about me, or admit you made it up?

people only make stuff up when they know the reality doesn’t support their agenda. if the facts and common sense are on your side, you don’t need to resort to making stuff up. p
Old 10-30-2022, 06:44 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
wel you claimed i said liberals arent americans. i asked you when i ever said anything remotely close to that.

you are dodging that.

gee, i wonder why?

i was a registered democrat until i was in my early 20s and agree with liberals on some meaningful issues.

can you support what you said about me, or admit you made it up?

people only make stuff up when they know the reality doesn’t support their agenda. if the facts and common sense are on your side, you don’t need to resort to making stuff up. p
“Liberals want open borders, americans don’t.”

Short term memory issues Jim?
Old 10-30-2022, 07:43 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
“Liberals want open borders, americans don’t.”

Short term memory issues Jim?
you know what i meant there, gimme a break. i meant, and you know this, that the liberal position is out of touch with mainstream americans

desperate. and stupid.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:36 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

GS your right I said it and meant it and like so many in the GOP what I said and meant one day, means something else when I’m called out as desperate and stupid.
Fixed
Old 10-31-2022, 08:01 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
i forgot…what about-ism is only ok when you do it!

if you’re going to attack trump for making false claims that his election was stolen,,but you refuse to comment when hilary and abrams made false claims about their elections being stolen…maybe the issue is with you, not with anyone else

just apply your “standards” consistently, and you’ll be taken seriously. what don’t you call hilary and abrams election deniers?
Still won’t comment on what’s posted. Funny now facts are considered whataboutism that’s funny

I am positive you have claimed the same lie that the fentanyl issue in America is due to the souther Border..

Iam 100% sure a lot comes in that way . And Just like illegals .. but you and your GOP like to suggest All drugs and illegals come from the southern border

When the Truth is what I posted .
Or when the facts show most illegals are visa overstayers

You and Republicans just run away and create your famous alternative facts

Because the truth doesn’t produce votes in today’s GOP As well as lies

And that’s not even debatable

Last edited by wdmso; 10-31-2022 at 08:11 AM..
Old 10-31-2022, 08:31 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Still won’t comment on what’s posted. Funny now facts are considered whataboutism that’s funny

I am positive you have claimed the same lie that the fentanyl issue in America is due to the souther Border..

Iam 100% sure a lot comes in that way . And Just like illegals .. but you and your GOP like to suggest All drugs and illegals come from the southern border

When the Truth is what I posted .
Or when the facts show most illegals are visa overstayers

You and Republicans just run away and create your famous alternative facts

Because the truth doesn’t produce votes in today’s GOP As well as lies

And that’s not even debatable

WDMSO, I like it when people post facts, that's how one learns. I was poking fun of you when I called it whatabout-ism. 99% of the time when I post facts that you don't happen to like, you dismiss them as whatabout-ism.

I know full well that the GOP isn't going to be right all the time, not even close. I know full well that there are plenty of facts you can post, which make the left look better than the right.

I don't need to convince myself that there aren't any facts which make my side look bad. That's what you guys all do, the lefties. I'm OK with the fact that my side has tons and tons of flaws. You're the one who can't admit that about your side.

Plenty of drugs come across the open southern border. Not 100% of the drugs do, but plenty do. That's one downside of having a wide open border.

If I remember correctly, A few years ago, a young republican was running for congress, he wanted to show how open the border is. He went to Mexico. There he rented an elephant and hired a mariacha band. He rode the elephant across teh border, with the band walking with him playing music. They crossed into the US undetected. Riding an elephant. That's a pretty wide open border.

Americans don't want millions and millions of unvetted, unidentifiable people to be able to stroll in. Both sides caused this over the years, but todays GOP wants to fix it, and most americans agree according to every poll.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:54 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Migrants apprehensions at the southern border this past year jumped by 37% compared to the year ago —#^&surpassing a record high.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:33 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Migrants apprehensions at the southern border this past year jumped by 37% compared to the year ago —#^&surpassing a record high.
encounters are also way up, which means it’s likely that the number who got in may also be up. that’s impossible to know, because they live under the radar. right?

We’re creating a huge human trafficking industry on the other side. Is that smart and humane policy?