Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2022, 04:24 AM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

There, can we move on now.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it's fun when he tells you what you would do or think based on what kind of person he thinks you are....
Old 10-28-2022, 04:25 AM   #62
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Reagan gave the money to the same people
who suffered.

shhhhhhh....he thinks he's making a point
Old 10-28-2022, 10:15 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Two people literally burnt themselves alive in front of government buildings as an emblematic casualty of climate crisis, and it generated nothing compared against the simulated destruction of a thing of the past. Something incredibly to the point here that everyone should dwell with.
The out for the men who burned themselves is "they were crazy." The out for the painting protests is that "they look silly." The point is to not confront the depth of change required.
Because “#^&#^&#^&#^& the grandchildren, probably nothing will happen and we can’t afford it anyways.”
Old 10-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Two people literally burnt themselves alive in front of government buildings as an emblematic casualty of climate crisis, and it generated nothing compared against the simulated destruction of a thing of the past.
pretty sure the painting mischief will generate nothing as well....
Old 10-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pretty sure the painting mischief will generate nothing as well....
Pretty sure, The point is to not confront the depth of change required.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
Reagan gave the money to the same people
who suffered. If you can find anyone today who was a slave, they’ve got a good claim for reparations.

400,000 northern soldiers died to end slavery, that’s a hefty price paid . . shouldnt reparations be laid by the folks who advocated for slavery? namely, democrats?

if it weren’t for liberalism, blacks wouldn’t need reparations, they’d be doing fine.
You’re really are a ignorant clown aren’t you

that’s a hefty price paid . . shouldnt reparations be laid by the folks who advocated for slavery? namely, democrats?
Old 10-29-2022, 06:57 AM   #67
wdmso

Next you'll be saying , the Republican nominee for governor of Michigan, claimed that Democrats want to “topple” the United States for losing the Civil War.

and She claimed people did not learn about major moments in Black history like the 1921 Tulsa race massacre because “Democrats don’t want you to know.”

who's running for Governor in Michigan Tudor Dixon

Republicans tried to claim their political ancestors at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, casting back to Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican President, to argue they deserve more credit from Black voters.

The problem is that the Republicans and the politics of 1860 bear almost zero resemblance to the Republicans of today.

Yep Jim you follow the facts
Old 10-29-2022, 09:38 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Next you'll be saying , the Republican nominee for governor of Michigan, claimed that Democrats want to “topple” the United States for losing the Civil War.

and She claimed people did not learn about major moments in Black history like the 1921 Tulsa race massacre because “Democrats don’t want you to know.”

who's running for Governor in Michigan Tudor Dixon

Republicans tried to claim their political ancestors at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, casting back to Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican President, to argue they deserve more credit from Black voters.

The problem is that the Republicans and the politics of 1860 bear almost zero resemblance to the Republicans of today.

Yep Jim you follow the facts
republicans believed in individual
freedom then. they believe in freedom now

the guy who said black plight isn’t his concern, doesn’t get to lecture anyone on ethics.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #69
wdmso

Quote:

the guy who said black plight isn’t his concern, doesn’t get to lecture anyone on ethics.

Some do, but not Trumps And you’re GOP
Old 10-29-2022, 08:03 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:

Some do, but not Trumps And you’re GOP
the gop today believes in lower taxes, school
choice, fewer federal regulations, all things that increase freedoms

Which states had the least severe covid lockdowns? which states opened up schools and businesses first?

You can’t win this debate. Liberals today want a massive federal government presence in our lives. republicans want less federal government intrusion.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:27 AM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
the gop today believes in lower taxes, school
choice, fewer federal regulations, all things that increase freedoms

Which states had the least severe covid lockdowns? which states opened up schools and businesses first?

You can’t win this debate. Liberals today want a massive federal government presence in our lives. republicans want less federal government intrusion.
you do live in a fantasy ...... Guess you never hear of the patriot act
Old 10-30-2022, 07:35 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
you do live in a fantasy ...... Guess you never hear of the patriot act
i didn’t say the gop wants zero federal government. But they want a whole lot less than you do. That’s fact whether you like it or not. i never said the gop are anarchists.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:49 AM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim’s all set with the GOP’s core issues: race, immigration, and COVID fanaticism.
Never mind that the GOP controlled the House, Senate and the Presidency from 2016 to 18 and did nothing about immigration and now are telling the world that we have open borders.
Red states Covid deaths increased as they “opened” up and the rights claim that “The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.“ is akin to claiming that if we legalize criminal activities we'll become a crime-free society?
Old 10-31-2022, 10:00 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim’s all set with the GOP’s core issues: race, immigration, and COVID fanaticism.
Never mind that the GOP controlled the House, Senate and the Presidency from 2016 to 18 and did nothing about immigration and now are telling the world that we have open borders.
Red states Covid deaths increased as they “opened” up and the rights claim that “The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.“ is akin to claiming that if we legalize criminal activities we'll become a crime-free society?
"race"

Where I live, I've had a front-row seat to see what 40 years of unchecked liberalism have done for blacks in New Haven, Bridgeport, and Hartford. It ain't pretty. The left's view is to control black numbers through abortion, and keep those who survive stuck in horrific modern day plantations we call cities. I think these people deserve a lot better. Democrats call for more of the same.

Yes, I'm all set with my views on race.

"immigration"

I want reasonable numbers of legal immigration, and a secure border. I'm sure that's a radical concept to you, but it's what most Americans believe.

So yes I'm all set there.

"COVID fanaticism"

Not sure what you mean, I'm reacting to empirical results, which are very clear that the lockdowns especially in schools, were a huge, catastrophic over reaction. Liberals are not to quick to be persuaded by measurable results, they're quite skilled at ignoring any and all facts which don't support their religion.

You got caught making up quotes from MTG, and I'm the fanatic. Makes sense...

"
Never mind that the GOP controlled the House, Senate and the Presidency from 2016 to 18 and did nothing about immigration"

Agreed. Which is why I've said 100 times they get a big fat F on that issue. But apparently they did something, because crossings are way higher now. Why are crossings so much higher now?

"Red states Covid deaths increased as they “opened” up "

Not as high as NY's rates. More freedom and lower death rates, is what you call "winning" in any kind of honest assessment.

"“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.“ is akin to claiming that if we legalize criminal activities we'll become a crime-free society?"

Idiotic.

Not a good post from you, I guess the looming midterms are weighing heavily on you. Your earlier prediction that the left was poised to win the midterms because of abortion, is looking pretty stupid right now.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:22 PM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"race"

Where I live, I've had a front-row seat to see what 40 years of unchecked liberalism have done for blacks in New Haven, Bridgeport, and Hartford. It ain't pretty. The left's view is to control black numbers through abortion, and keep those who survive stuck in horrific modern day plantations we call cities. I think these people deserve a lot better. Democrats call for more of the same.

Yes, I'm all set with my views on race.

"immigration"

I want reasonable numbers of legal immigration, and a secure border. I'm sure that's a radical concept to you, but it's what most Americans believe.

So yes I'm all set there.

"COVID fanaticism"

Not sure what you mean, I'm reacting to empirical results, which are very clear that the lockdowns especially in schools, were a huge, catastrophic over reaction. Liberals are not to quick to be persuaded by measurable results, they're quite skilled at ignoring any and all facts which don't support their religion.

You got caught making up quotes from MTG, and I'm the fanatic. Makes sense...

"
Never mind that the GOP controlled the House, Senate and the Presidency from 2016 to 18 and did nothing about immigration"

Agreed. Which is why I've said 100 times they get a big fat F on that issue. But apparently they did something, because crossings are way higher now. Why are crossings so much higher now?

"Red states Covid deaths increased as they “opened” up "

Not as high as NY's rates. More freedom and lower death rates, is what you call "winning" in any kind of honest assessment.

"“The way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race.“ is akin to claiming that if we legalize criminal activities we'll become a crime-free society?"

Idiotic.

Not a good post from you, I guess the looming midterms are weighing heavily on you. Your earlier prediction that the left was poised to win the midterms because of abortion, is looking pretty stupid right now.
Sorry victim you’re wrong
I grew up in the fastest growing place in the USA, a town that went from a single K-12 school where I went to kindergarten to 8 elementary, two middle and two high schools in 12 years.
There was less than a handful of kids that weren’t white in my class and today that town is still far whiter than most of the surrounding towns.
Redlining, realtors and banks played racist games and still do.
You just keep thinking systemic racism doesn’t exist.

Red states COVID curves were exactly the opposite of places that reacted to Covid with public health measures.
In blue states people died because they didn’t yet know, red states they died because of ignorance and greed.
Floriduh and NY are prime examples, NY had early high rates, Floriduh had most of their deaths in the latter stages of Covid, when DeathSantis claimed it was nothing and vaccines didn’t work.
Don’t worry Jim, Roevember is coming.
You claimed your hero was invincible also….
Remember most of your ilk claims they won the last election and Putin is good.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-31-2022, 05:56 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry victim you’re wrong
I grew up in the fastest growing place in the USA, a town that went from a single K-12 school where I went to kindergarten to 8 elementary, two middle and two high schools in 12 years.
There was less than a handful of kids that weren’t white in my class and today that town is still far whiter than most of the surrounding towns.
Redlining, realtors and banks played racist games and still do.
You just keep thinking systemic racism doesn’t exist.

Red states COVID curves were exactly the opposite of places that reacted to Covid with public health measures.
In blue states people died because they didn’t yet know, red states they died because of ignorance and greed.
Floriduh and NY are prime examples, NY had early high rates, Floriduh had most of their deaths in the latter stages of Covid, when DeathSantis claimed it was nothing and vaccines didn’t work.
Don’t worry Jim, Roevember is coming.
You claimed your hero was invincible also….
Remember most of your ilk claims they won the last election and Putin is good.

maybe you made all
that up.

what’s not made up is how much worse life is for blacks in new haven,,bridgeport, and hartford. not
enough dads. but let’s not talk about that.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:17 PM   #77
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

“So here’s, I think, the most important thing with the data: if you are vaccinated—fully vaccinated—the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying from COVID is effectively zero,” DeSantis said. “If you look at the people who are being admitted to hospitals, over 95 percent of them are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all. These vaccines are saving lives. They are reducing mortality.”

https://www.wfla.com/community/healt...-mandates/amp/
Old 10-31-2022, 07:00 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
“So here’s, I think, the most important thing with the data: if you are vaccinated—fully vaccinated—the chance of you getting seriously ill or dying from COVID is effectively zero,” DeSantis said. “If you look at the people who are being admitted to hospitals, over 95 percent of them are either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all. These vaccines are saving lives. They are reducing mortality.”

https://www.wfla.com/community/healt...-mandates/amp/
curious to hear the lefty response to that quote from Death-santis the science denier.
Old 11-01-2022, 04:46 AM   #79
scottw

I'm just happy for wayne, he's apparently discovered colored font and size options...it's a whole new world of adventure....
Old 11-01-2022, 09:55 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, (Doctor?) DeathSantis reversed course, allows state healthcare providers to order COVID vaccines for kids.
He also

FORT LAUDERDALE — In his first news conference since the omicron variant surged across Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis badmouthed vaccines while pushing for unproven treatments against the mutated pathogen.

“With omicron, you know, the vaccinations are not preventing infection,” DeSantis said Monday at Broward Health Medical Center.

But since the beginning of nationwide vaccine rollouts, doctors and scientists have emphasized that although the virus can infect inoculated people, they offer the best protection against severe illness and death, even for those who catch the heavily mutated omicron variant. Those with booster shots are the most protected, authorities say.

Statistics from Miami-Dade County hospitals confirmed Monday that the overwhelming majority of COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated — 79% of them, the county reported.

Infections have exploded statewide. Florida reported 536,748 new infections in the two weeks ended Sunday, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That’s more than during the first two weeks of August, when the delta variant surged across the state.
Old 11-02-2022, 04:22 AM   #81
scottw

he's also going to win by double digits which is weird for someone you've labeled Death Santis who has killed all of his voters, I guess the people that actually live in his state have a much different view of him than you do....but you probably think they are all wrong and you are right
Old 11-02-2022, 04:57 AM   #82
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

In his first news conference since the omicron variant surged across Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis badmouthed vaccines “

With omicron, you know, the vaccinations are not preventing infection,” DeSantis said Monday at Broward Health Medical Center.

Newsflash, stating a fact is not badmouthing.

But keep hammering away on that keyboard, Pete. You’re saving mankind one key stroke at a time.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 11-02-2022 at 05:06 AM..
Old 11-02-2022, 05:34 AM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, (Doctor?) DeathSantis reversed course, allows state healthcare providers to order COVID vaccines for kids.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:41 AM   #84
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Really not that big of a deal, Pete. But you keep that outrage machine churning, I'm sure you'll get the results you're looking for.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Really not that big of a deal, Pete. But you keep that outrage machine churning, I'm sure you'll get the results you're looking for.
Florida was the biggest exporter of Covid — remember the cellphone pings from **one beach party in Ft Lauderdale after other states took measures to protect citizens?

Democrat Charlie Crist is now leading Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis in new poll

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-02-2022, 06:02 PM   #86
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I hope it ends well for you
Old 11-02-2022, 06:09 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
Florida was the biggest exporter of Covid — remember the cellphone pings from **one beach party in Ft Lauderdale after other states took measures to protect citizens?

Oh man, Crist is leading! Desantis concedes!!!!!

You are precious.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #88
scottw

Quote:

this is bidenesque...make sure you get one of those things to hang around your neck so they can find you if you go wandering off
Old 11-02-2022, 06:14 PM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is bidenesque...make sure you get one of those things to hang around your neck so they can find you if you go wandering off
come on…all the data shows that FL is turning blue, and that Beto is now leading Abbott in TX!

no one will vote for the gop who want to beat all democrats to death and then cancel social
security and medicare. Biden just said so!
Old 11-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #90
scottw

Quote:

Beto is now leading Abbott in TX!
beto and abrams...the two biggest wastes of money in the history of politics...definitely democrat presidential contenders though....