Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Biden gets criticized for saying a few things .
Not by you he doesn't.

For the second time, how many offensive remarks does a president get to make, before it's reasonable to criticize him for it? What's the magic number? And how did you arrive at it?

Hint, you can't answer that by claiming i have no friends...

And I don't care that Biden said these things, nor do I care that Trump says them. I hold them both to the same standard, which is, improve life for Americans and I don't really care about your personal style...

You are the one with different standards. The entire left. Republicans have to be saints, democrats can do whatever they want. Trump is the first Republican ever to beat the democrats in the arena of dirty fighting, and you can't handle it.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:47 AM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Not by you he doesn't.Why do I need to criticize anyone? You and faux news seem to do enough criticizing here for a 100 people.

For the second time, how many offensive remarks does a president get to make, before it's reasonable to criticize him for it? What's the magic number? And how did you arrive at it?There is no set # bc their statements are constantly scrutinized so most reasonable people cut people in the news some slack for most statements/actions - of course you don't when it is a Dem.

Hint, you can't answer that by claiming i have no friends...It is true though

And I don't care that Biden said these things, nor do I care that Trump says them. I hold them both to the same standard, which is, improve life for Americans and I don't really care about your personal style...

You are the one with different standards. The entire left. Republicans have to be saints, democrats can do whatever they want. Trump is the first Republican ever to beat the democrats You mean by showing how classless he is by insulting everyone and lying constantly?in the arena of dirty fighting, and you can't handle it.We can't handle it??? that is funny. We don't need to start multiple threads complaining about the most minor things like you do.
The difference between you and I is that I am not as petty as you and don't feel like I need to comment on every post here or start a thread on everything. I don't need to come here first thing in the morning and stay on until late at night, 7 days a week. A good example is you started a thread on Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done - how petty is that. You also use the same few inappropriate statements that Biden, Obama and Hillary made constantly as if they are the same as Trump's thousands of inappropriate statements.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
The difference between you and I is that I am not as petty as you and don't feel like I need to comment on every post here or start a thread on everything. I don't need to come here first thing in the morning and stay on until late at night, 7 days a week. A good example is you started a thread on Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done - how petty is that. You also use the same few inappropriate statements that Biden, Obama and Hillary made constantly as if they are the same as Trump's thousands of inappropriate statements.
"Why do I need to criticize anyone? You and faux news seem to do enough criticizing here for a 100 people"

But you criticize republicans, despite the fact that TV stations criticize them all day.

"There is no set # bc their statements are constantly scrutinized so most reasonable people cut people in the news some slack for most statements/actions - of course you don't when it is a Dem."

See that's very interesting, because recently you said the number of offensive things a politician says, is the key to determining whether they deserve criticism or not.

So let's just say Republicans aren't allowed to be offensive, but democrats get a few free bites at the apple. Sounds fair.

"We can't handle it??? that is funny. We don't need to start multiple threads complaining about the most minor things like you do."

It's what you guys do. Except Pete, who got banned.

"The difference between you and I is that I am not as petty as you"

One of us asked the other to perform a sex act on him, and Lord knows it wasn't me. But at least you're consistent, it's OK when lefties are vulgar but a character flaw when republicans do it.

"You also use the same few inappropriate statements that Biden"

I just brought up a very recent creepy statement to a little girl, and you dismissed it. This week a female reporter asked why he isn't campaigning for more democrats running for office, and he said "count, kid. Count".

It doesn't matter how many times he says offensive things, you'll never, ever criticize him for it.

And again, I don't especially care that Biden is a jerk, I expect high level politicians of all parties to be jerks. The only reason I bring it up, is to illustrate the glaring hypocrisy of the left on your demands for ethics.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’re offended by President Biden using the F word, wait until I tell you about the guy who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-21-2022, 03:59 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you’re offended by President Biden using the F word, wait until I tell you about the guy who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.
Biden can use the F word 100 times a day, i don’t care. What i do care about, is the fact that his tenure has brought with it stock market drops, likelihood of recession ( if we’re not already in one), insane inflation, insane gas prices, spikes in crime, a mess at the border, russia and china being clearly emboldened, and a cultural collapse where we don’t seem to care that we’re brutally harming our children. i also care that unemployment is low, and biden gets some credit for that. if the infastructure bill actually results in an improved infastructure, Biden gets credit for that too. i can praise him and criticize him. you might try that sometime.

i care about policy results. The only reason i bring up bidens style, is to point out that you give him a pass for things that you attack republicans for.

But i don’t care about a presidents personal behavior style. I care about him delivering results.

I think Biden and Trump are terrible people. They’re not identical, i think Trump is vulgar and offensive more frequently. But i think they’re both scumbags

in think McCain and Romney were decent guys, as was Bush. I can’t help but note that their integrity didn’t result in the left treating them any more fairly than they treated trump. The left hates republicans, they are obsessed with hate for republicans, and all they do is talk about how hateful, racist, and threatening we are.

Fine. if you want to fight with brass knuckles instead of velvet gloves, you have to expect the right will too. Trump beat the left at dirty fighting, and they went berserk.

When obama left office, democrats held fewer elected offices than at any time since civil war reconstruction ( thats true,,look it up). The gop is way better off right now after trump, than the democrats were in 2016 after obama, and the gop is about to make gains in 2 weeks. there’s a reason for that.
Old 10-22-2022, 04:44 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:

wait until I tell you about the guy who bragged about grabbing women by the pussy.

that was awful...there there's the guy who apparently actually did it who is currently pretending to be president
Old 10-22-2022, 04:45 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:

The difference between you and I is that I am not as petty as you
this is debatable
Old 10-22-2022, 04:47 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:

A good example is you started a thread on Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done - how petty is that.
it was a scandal reported worldwide.....

Nancy Pelosi seen without mask inside San Francisco hair salon
Published
3 September 2020

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53994209
Old 10-22-2022, 06:24 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
i didn’t bring up “Pelosi getting her hair done.”

the whole point of that, is that she was in a business without a mask, when she had sad many times on camera that we couldn’t do that. the fact that she was getting her hair done while showing that constant liberal hypocrisy, is irrelevant. the post was about her going maskless around others.

You’re either very dishonest or very dim for saying that post was about her getting her hair done. Anything to avoid the point.

Maybe you should stick to trolling guys to blow you.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:04 AM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
i didn’t bring up “Pelosi getting her hair done.”

the whole point of that, is that she was in a business without a mask, when she had sad many times on camera that we couldn’t do that. the fact that she was getting her hair done while showing that constant liberal hypocrisy, is irrelevant. the post was about her going maskless around others.

You’re either very dishonest or very dim for saying that post was about her getting her hair done. Anything to avoid the point. So she wasn't getting her hair done? The salon sh made her keep her mask on. It just shows what a petty little boy you are that you need to start a thread about someone w/o their mask on when the vast majority of the time they were seen w/masks on.

Maybe you should stick to trolling guys to blow you.
I don't think you know what the definition of a troll is. You have NO friends here yet you come every day and start threads complaining about Dems. - Isn't that the text book definition of a troll? What else would you call what you and Scott do? Maybe you shouldn't be such a vile person that people feel the need to insult you back when you insult them first. You repeatedly ignored where I showed you threads people responded to the threads you started and your anger came to the surface and you responded with insults like a child. As I've said numerous times, if you don't like to be insulted don't insult someone first. Don't recall telling you to blow me - I know I've called you a di ck numerous times.

Last edited by PaulS; 10-22-2022 at 08:10 AM..
Old 10-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't think you know what the definition of a troll is. You have NO friends here yet you come every day and start threads complaining about Dems. - Isn't that the text book definition of a troll? What else would you call what you and Scott do? Maybe you shouldn't be such a vile person that people feel the need to insult you back when you insult them first. You repeatedly ignored where I showed you threads people responded to the threads you started and your anger came to the surface and you responded with insults like a child. As I've said numerous times, if you don't like to be insulted don't insult someone first. Don't recall telling you to blow me - I know I've called you a di ck numerous times.
i know what the definition of a liar is. even guy aren’t stupid enough to believe that i was complaining that pelosi got her hair done. it was about her ( like many powerful democrats) demanding that we make sacrifices that they never consider making themselves

You were trolling for a blow job. i’ll take my trolling, if that’s what it was, over yours

Best of luck with your search.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think you know what the definition of a troll is.

You have NO friends here

Maybe you shouldn't be such a vile person

your anger came to the surface and you responded with insults like a child.

GOLD
Old 10-22-2022, 12:11 PM   #43
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:

GOLD
Come on Scott, take Jim fishing. You must have an extra pair of waders.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:24 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Not by you he doesn't.

For the second time, how many offensive remarks does a president get to make, before it's reasonable to criticize him for it? What's the magic number? And how did you arrive at it?

Hint, you can't answer that by claiming i have no friends...

You are the one with different standards. The entire left. Republicans have to be saints, democrats can do whatever they want. Trump is the first Republican ever to beat the democrats in the arena of dirty fighting, and you can't handle it.
You’ve already admitted that you have no standards, you’re a prototypical Trumplican.

Thinking that Trump was the first trickster on the right is at best, comical.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2022, 04:37 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’ve already admitted that you have no standards, you’re a prototypical Trumplican.

Thinking that Trump was the first trickster on the right is at best, comical.
i never said i have no standards. i demand good results. I’m happy to say where trump
and biden delivered good and bad results. They each did some things well, and some things poorly. I really think that message propels fatty to the governors office in GA.

Those are my standards,,-
and unlike some certain liberal here who makes up quotes, i apply my standards equally to both sides. You have absolutely no standards with liberals, and you’ll never say anything good about any republicans.

make that wrong.

ready for Roevember? ready for the blue tsunami? i really think americans want to hear that they can kill their babies to avoid worrying about inflation.

then we have AOC mocking hispanic accents at her own town hall. that’s ok. “haaay! lee-sen! lee-sen to me!”. if a republican mocked those with an hispanic accent??

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-22-2022 at 04:44 PM..
Old 10-22-2022, 04:44 PM   #46
scottw

Quote:
Come on Scott, take Jim fishing. You must have an extra pair of waders.
it's good that you are not a moderator ...
Old 10-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

You’ll be all set Jim
Maybe you can be the neighborhood leader of DeathSantis’ thought police.

The Federalist: “the wholesale destruction of our traditions and the looming implosion of Western civilization” requires a shift to fascism: “The government will have to become, in the hands of conservatives, an instrument of renewal in American life … a blunt instrument indeed”

Just get yourself a brown shirt
Old 10-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #48
wdmso

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/20...conservatives/

Because people can’t search on their own.

From the article

Western civilization is dying. The traditions and practices that conservatives champion are, at best, being preserved only in an ever-shrinking private sphere. At worst, they are being trampled to dust.

Later the truth comes out

Conservatives need to get comfortable saying in reply to people like French that Drag Queen Story Hour should be outlawed; that parents who take their kids to drag shows should be arrested and charged with child abuse; that doctors who perform so-called “gender-affirming” interventions should be thrown in prison and have their medical licenses revoked; and that teachers who expose their students to sexually explicit material should not just be fired but be criminally prosecuted.
To those who worry that power corrupts, and that once the right seizes power it too will be corrupted, they certainly have a point. If conservatives manage to save the country and rebuild our institutions, will they ever relinquish power and go the way of Cincinnatus? It is a fair question, and we should attend to it with care after we have won the war.

Wow after we won the war

Sounds like this writer needs to go on a watch list like the other seditious wannabe like the proud boys and the oath keepers .. so when his free speech flows into illegal action . America will be knocking

And these are the people that help appoint Judges?
Old 10-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #49
wdmso

Cincinnatus. Yep he stepped down after a war so the people would have
a written code of equally enforced laws.

Shocking. We already have theses laws.

Yet that’s not why the federalist want a war. Yelling They shall not replace us..

They are referring to anyone who isn’t them!
Old 10-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Opening prayer yesterday at Eric Trump and Michael Flynn’s QAnon event: “God, open the eyes of Pres Trump’s understanding, that he will know how to implement divine intervention. And you will not surround him with RINO trash, in the name of Jesus.”
Old 10-23-2022, 10:22 AM   #51
scottw

Quote:
Opening prayer yesterday at Eric Trump and Michael Flynn’s QAnon event: “God, open the eyes of Pres Trump’s understanding, that he will know how to implement divine intervention. And you will not surround him with RINO trash, in the name of Jesus.”
was Qanon there?....just curious
Old 10-23-2022, 12:38 PM   #52
PaulS

Quote:
I didn't hear anything like that in church this morning.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:12 PM   #53
scottw

Quote:
it was at a thousand year old evangelical church in Fall River
Old 10-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #54
scottw

Quote:
I'm surprised you didn't burst into flames walking through the door with the language you've been using lately ...hope you went to confession
Old 10-23-2022, 03:00 PM   #55
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I'm surprised you didn't burst into flames walking through the door with the language you've been using lately ...hope you went to confession
I'm surprised you would grow up such a snarky troll given your upbringing of privilege
Old 10-23-2022, 03:53 PM   #56
Jim in CT

the Biden fell asleep during MSNBC interview when asked if the First Lady wants him to run again. Then interviewer had to intervene and say “mr President? Sir?” questioning if he was ok.

god almighty. that’ll strike fear into our enemies.
Old 10-23-2022, 03:55 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
did you hear anyone asking anyone else for a blow job? very pious of you.

Must be very convenient when it’s a character flaw for everyone else to talk like that, but you carve out an exception for yourself.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:06 PM   #58
PaulS

Quote:
did you hear anyone asking anyone else for a blow job? very pious of you.

Must be very convenient when it’s a character flaw for everyone else to talk like that, but you carve out an exception for yourself.
Maybe you should read the Bible since you seem to consider yourself an expert and you frequently have touted your church going. See what it says about forgiveness yet you bring up the same garbage time and time again about Hillarys basket of deplorables. I never said I was a good Christian you have repeatedly and have criticize others who are Christian for not being good Christians. So it seems to me you're a bad Christian and a hypocrite. And I'll never turn the other cheek to such a scumbag as yourself.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:13 PM   #59
PaulS

And since we've determined that you're a hypocrite why don't you look and see what the Bible says what Jesus said about hypocrites.
Old 10-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #60
PaulS

And to your comments when you insult people's Intelligence on here or say their posts are gibberish here's a good quote for you since you're such a good Christian

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

That is perfect for someone known as "Angry Jim"!

Tell us again how Pious you are you clown and try holding it up as a badge of Honor because you make a mockery of the Bible.