Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-14-2022, 12:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT

actual fear mongering

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan: if those "on the right win in 2022, to me, democracy looks like it's over in America. Fascism is here to stay." Apparently those who want a much smaller federal government presence in our lives, those who actually support free speech and reject cancel culture, are now the fascists, that's an interesting take on the definition of fascism.

MSNBC host Tiffany Cross: A civil war is here. And I don't mean to by hyperbolic."

Democrat Jamaal Bowman, NY: "civil war...is what's at stake right now in terms of this election."

Democrats can never just lose an election and go back to the drawing board and figure out how to do better in 2 years, like the GOP did after getting annihilated in 2008 (which is way worse than what democrats will likely face in 2022). Every single time democrats don't get what they want, it's a national disaster, a temper tantrum, a menstrual hissy fit.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Biden: "if republicans win, inflation will get worse."

That just makes all kinds of sense.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Understanding issues Jim? I guess you didn't see how far Trump and a very large circle of supporters went in order to hold on to power and cancel out hundreds of thousands of votes. That was just the starting point, I guess you haven't tracked the polls, or you would know how many republicans still to this day believe Trump won and that the election was stolen. I guess you aren't aware of how many republican candidates and every level are running on the big lie and if some get into power blue votes might not matter in some locations. The civil war rhetoric was all over every right wing media outlet ahead of the election, during and after, I guess you don't understand some democrats take that threat seriously.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:59 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Understanding issues Jim? I guess you didn't see how far Trump and a very large circle of supporters went in order to hold on to power and cancel out hundreds of thousands of votes. That was just the starting point, I guess you haven't tracked the polls, or you would know how many republicans still to this day believe Trump won and that the election was stolen. I guess you aren't aware of how many republican candidates and every level are running on the big lie and if some get into power blue votes might not matter in some locations. The civil war rhetoric was all over every right wing media outlet ahead of the election, during and after, I guess you don't understand some democrats take that threat seriously.
show me some data, ANY data, to suggest that more registered republicans were involved in a plot to overturn the 2020 election on january 6, than there were registered democrats who were rioting and burning cities in the summer of 2020.

I’ll wait.

Obviously there are more than a few jerks on the right. But as a whole, we take law and order much more seriously than the left, and want a smaller federal government. Those are actual differences between the two sides
Old 10-14-2022, 03:24 PM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
show me some data, ANY data, to suggest that more registered republicans were involved in a plot to overturn the 2020 election on january 6, than there were registered democrats who were rioting and burning cities in the summer of 2020.

I’ll wait.

Obviously there are more than a few jerks on the right. But as a whole, we take law and order much more seriously than the left, and want a smaller federal government. Those are actual differences between the two sides
Thats a funny post Jim, thanks I needed a good laugh, but no need to wait, I made my point and you as you always do come up with some crazy whataboutism false equivalency. There are those on this forum who will jump at the chance to get into your usual circular debate, I've got better things to amuse myself with. Carry on.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:53 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Thats a funny post Jim, thanks I needed a good laugh, but no need to wait, I made my point and you as you always do come up with some crazy whataboutism false equivalency. There are those on this forum who will jump at the chance to get into your usual circular debate, I've got better things to amuse myself with. Carry on.
I questioned your point with a question so obvious a child would ask. And as usual, you dodged answering and lobbed some baseless insults, a sure sign that you have no response, but are too small to say so.

Bringing up politically motivated riots from the left that were infinitely more destructive and deadly, is whatabout-ism. I love it. So you can never, ever be guilty of hypocrisy. It's all whatabout-ism. Very convenient. You have given yourself a permanent get-out-of-jail free card.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:32 PM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I questioned your point with a question so obvious a child would ask. And as usual, you dodged answering and lobbed some baseless insults, a sure sign that you have no response, but are too small to say so.

Bringing up politically motivated riots from the left that were infinitely more destructive and deadly, is whatabout-ism. I love it. So you can never, ever be guilty of hypocrisy. It's all whatabout-ism. Very convenient. You have given yourself a permanent get-out-of-jail free card.
Why do you support an emerging autocratic movement willing to violently attack the Capitol to overthrow a legitimate election?

You first. Use footnotes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-15-2022, 02:48 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why do you support an emerging autocratic movement willing to violently attack the Capitol to overthrow a legitimate election?

You first. Use footnotes.
i don’t, no more than you support a party that enables murdsrous violent riots during the summer of 2020.

make that wrong.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:14 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i don’t, no more than you support a party that enables murdsrous violent riots during the summer of 2020.

make that wrong.
You really are obtuse Jim. Not one democrat supports violence and go search how many of those breaking the law were charged, it’s a big number. This country endorses the right to peacefully protest, well unless your on the way to a photo op to hold a bible upside down to prove your stupid. You say you don’t support a president who tried to illegally overturn the election, yet out of the other side of your mouth, you admit you would vote for Trump against any democrat running. You are so transparent it actually amusing to watch you spin away on this forum.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:36 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
You really are obtuse Jim. Not one democrat supports violence and go search how many of those breaking the law were charged, it’s a big number. This country endorses the right to peacefully protest, well unless your on the way to a photo op to hold a bible upside down to prove your stupid. You say you don’t support a president who tried to illegally overturn the election, yet out of the other side of your mouth, you admit you would vote for Trump against any democrat running. You are so transparent it actually amusing to watch you spin away on this forum.
the left justified those riots, ignored them, focused on the fact that they were mostly peaceful. same with january 6th. the rioters murdered exactly zero people
in january 6th, not a one. it true for the summer riots.

which republicans support violence?

you’re right. i hate trump
and kid never, ever vote for him in a primary. but i’d vote for him in a general, as all of you will vote for whoever democrats nominate

our checks and balances, and the constitution, have shown that they are way more powerful than trump. he can’t do anything the constitution says he can’t do.

if his obnoxiousness is the price i’m asked to pay for all
the ways that life was better 2 years ago, that’s a price I’ll happily pay.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
the left justified those riots, ignored them, focused on the fact that they were mostly peaceful. same with january 6th. the rioters murdered exactly zero people
in january 6th, not a one. it true for the summer riots.

which republicans support violence?

you’re right. i hate trump
and kid never, ever vote for him in a primary. but i’d vote for him in a general, as all of you will vote for whoever democrats nominate

our checks and balances, and the constitution, have shown that they are way more powerful than trump. he can’t do anything the constitution says he can’t do.

if his obnoxiousness is the price i’m asked to pay for all
the ways that life was better 2 years ago, that’s a price I’ll happily pay.
OMG boy that’s such an easy question, how about the guy you would vote for if he runs again, this time around in his rallies he might not have the funds to pay someones legal fees for knocking the crap out of a protester.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:23 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

You really are obtuse Jim.
sometimes we try too hard....
Old 10-16-2022, 06:48 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
OMG boy that’s such an easy question, how about the guy you would vote for if he runs again, this time around in his rallies he might not have the funds to pay someones legal fees for knocking the crap out of a protester.
and pelosi and biden have said on tv they like to have committed violence against trump, only because they don’t like him.

i can match you all day GS.

violent crime was lower when trump was president and the gop ran congress. i don’t know if the spike in violence is the democrats fault. but i know liberals celebrate the wholesale slaughter of innocent babies in the womb, liberals never stop attacking the traditional nuclear family and faith, and the liberal motto seems to be “if it feels good, do it.”. those policies have consequences.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
and pelosi and biden have said on tv they like to have committed violence against trump, only because they don’t like him.

violent crime was lower when trump was president and the gop ran congress. i don’t know if the spike in violence is the democrats fault. but i know liberals celebrate the wholesale slaughter of innocent babies in the womb, liberals never stop attacking the traditional nuclear family and faith, and the liberal motto seems to be “if it feels good, do it.”. those policies have consequences.

really jim thats your examples of Violence Pelosi say she wishes she could punch him in the face ...

he deserves more than a punch in the face for his Actions on Jan 6th or should i say lack of actions

I know your pain, I know you're hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now. We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don't want anybody hurt.

It's a very tough period of time. There's never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us — from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You're very special. You've seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil.

I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.

all that from the sitting POTUS But but Nancy really
Old 10-16-2022, 09:06 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
really jim thats your examples of Violence Pelosi say she wishes she could punch him in the face ...

he deserves more than a punch in the face for his Actions on Jan 6th or should i say lack of actions

I know your pain, I know you're hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us. It was a landslide election and everyone knows it, especially the other side. But you have to go home now. We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don't want anybody hurt.

It's a very tough period of time. There's never been a time like this where such a thing happened where they could take it away from all of us — from me, from you, from our country. This was a fraudulent election, but we can't play into the hands of these people. We have to have peace. So go home. We love you. You're very special. You've seen what happens. You see the way others are treated that are so bad and so evil.

I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.

all that from the sitting POTUS But but Nancy really
i those arent the only examples . riots summer of 2020, the war on the police, the guy on trial
now for’murdering a pro trump
teenager after a political
argument, and a look at the places with the worst crime rates

Strong dads are the best way to prevent violence. This is not up
for debate. Your side still says dads are no big deal
and unnecessary and that love makes a family not two parents.

there isn’t a democrat running for office who thinks crime is a winning issue for the left.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Just living the dream aren’t you?

"Once upon a time, there was a Grand Old Party that asserted itself as the flag bearer of family values. In that fabled past, there was the first divorced president, Ronald Reagan, the thrice-married House Speaker, Newt Gingrich and let's not forget the convicted and jailed child molester, House Speaker Dennis Hastert (just to name a few).
Once upon a time, a villainous pretender appeared who yearned to become king and when he was revealed to care nothing for women, driven to abuse their bodies and usurp their most basic freedoms, fellow combatants and other party leaders called him out.
'As the grandfather of two precious girls, I find that no apology can excuse away Donald Trump's reprehensible comments degrading women,' said Jeb Bush after hearing the Access Hollywood tape.
But once he succeeded in taking power, the many opponents and power brokers who spoke up for principle went silent. They would no longer risk their own position by speaking on behalf of honor and decency, the rights of women or the rule of law.
You could say this dark figure vanquished his enemies. That would be true. But you'd miss the deeper point. He succeeded at tearing down the facade's last fragments, revealing the phony assertion that what mattered were family values, not just the raw accumulation of power.
The fairy tale of a party motivated by principle became more obvious when a troubled, unfit man like Herschel Walker was cynically propped up as a US Senate nominee to exploit his popularity playing Georgia football.
This was a man, a Black man, who would profess his Christian convictions and seek to dilute the appeal of a Democratic incumbent, also a Black man, who leads the Ebenezer Baptist Church and served from the pulpit once occupied by Martin Luther King Jr.
Never mind that Walker can barely speak a coherent sentence, let alone carry forth a rational argument. Never mind evidence he'd fathered four children with four different women. Never mind the multiple sources asserting his history of domestic violence and physical abuse.
This all came crashing into relief with the published stories providing receipts that Walker—who insists he opposes abortion without exception—had paid for a girlfriend’s abortion in 2009. On cue, Walker denied the allegations and promised to file suit for defamation.
But his apparent hypocrisy was not the most significant story. The latest exposure of Walker’s past was not treated with shock or horror or cries of outrage by the GOP. Oh, no. The outrage was for the messenger and all those daring to harm this fine man.
Never mind the abortion, made public by the one who experienced it. They have a Senate to take and nothing—no utter abandonment of anything that even looked like family values—was going to get in their way. The will to power: This—this is all that really matters.
'We’ve seen this movie before,' said Ralph Reed, the conservative Christian leader, referencing the Access Hollywood story. 'They’re trying to take down a good man.’
'He had a lot of concussions coming out of football, he suffered PTSD,' said Newt Gingrich on Fox News, adding that Walker is 'the most important Senate candidate in the country' because of his 'deep commitment to Christ.'
But it was former NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch who summed it all up, making clear what they all were really saying: 'I don't care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate.'
In the will to power & the determination to win at any cost..there’s always collateral damage. Said son Christian: You’re not a ‘family man’ when you left us to bang a bunch of women, threatened to kill us & had us move over 6 times in 6 months running from your violence.
It’s a sordid tale, putting an end to the fairy tale. It was just what Trump had hoped for. 'The world is changing,” he recently told The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman when asked about the possible consequence of Walker’s sordid personal life.
As for Trump’s party, no longer grand by any stretch of the imagination, untethered from the traditional duty to conjure visions of morality to justify their actions?
When the midterms come, we will learn whether their voters—including a portion of independents—will once again go along with the naked pursuit of power, no matter who gets hurt, no matter how much they’ve abandoned any sign of principle.
If the response by evangelicals and activists at the First Baptist Church in Atlanta the day after the volatile abortion allegations surfaced is any indication, we have an answer: They gave Walker a standing ovation.”

Guess who

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2022, 09:52 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just living the dream aren’t you?

"Once upon a time, there was a Grand Old Party that asserted itself as the flag bearer of family values. In that fabled past, there was the first divorced president, Ronald Reagan, the thrice-married House Speaker, Newt Gingrich and let's not forget the convicted and jailed child molester, House Speaker Dennis Hastert (just to name a few).
Once upon a time, a villainous pretender appeared who yearned to become king and when he was revealed to care nothing for women, driven to abuse their bodies and usurp their most basic freedoms, fellow combatants and other party leaders called him out.
'As the grandfather of two precious girls, I find that no apology can excuse away Donald Trump's reprehensible comments degrading women,' said Jeb Bush after hearing the Access Hollywood tape.
But once he succeeded in taking power, the many opponents and power brokers who spoke up for principle went silent. They would no longer risk their own position by speaking on behalf of honor and decency, the rights of women or the rule of law.
You could say this dark figure vanquished his enemies. That would be true. But you'd miss the deeper point. He succeeded at tearing down the facade's last fragments, revealing the phony assertion that what mattered were family values, not just the raw accumulation of power.
The fairy tale of a party motivated by principle became more obvious when a troubled, unfit man like Herschel Walker was cynically propped up as a US Senate nominee to exploit his popularity playing Georgia football.
This was a man, a Black man, who would profess his Christian convictions and seek to dilute the appeal of a Democratic incumbent, also a Black man, who leads the Ebenezer Baptist Church and served from the pulpit once occupied by Martin Luther King Jr.
Never mind that Walker can barely speak a coherent sentence, let alone carry forth a rational argument. Never mind evidence he'd fathered four children with four different women. Never mind the multiple sources asserting his history of domestic violence and physical abuse.
This all came crashing into relief with the published stories providing receipts that Walker—who insists he opposes abortion without exception—had paid for a girlfriend’s abortion in 2009. On cue, Walker denied the allegations and promised to file suit for defamation.
But his apparent hypocrisy was not the most significant story. The latest exposure of Walker’s past was not treated with shock or horror or cries of outrage by the GOP. Oh, no. The outrage was for the messenger and all those daring to harm this fine man.
Never mind the abortion, made public by the one who experienced it. They have a Senate to take and nothing—no utter abandonment of anything that even looked like family values—was going to get in their way. The will to power: This—this is all that really matters.
'We’ve seen this movie before,' said Ralph Reed, the conservative Christian leader, referencing the Access Hollywood story. 'They’re trying to take down a good man.’
'He had a lot of concussions coming out of football, he suffered PTSD,' said Newt Gingrich on Fox News, adding that Walker is 'the most important Senate candidate in the country' because of his 'deep commitment to Christ.'
But it was former NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch who summed it all up, making clear what they all were really saying: 'I don't care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles. I want control of the Senate.'
In the will to power & the determination to win at any cost..there’s always collateral damage. Said son Christian: You’re not a ‘family man’ when you left us to bang a bunch of women, threatened to kill us & had us move over 6 times in 6 months running from your violence.
It’s a sordid tale, putting an end to the fairy tale. It was just what Trump had hoped for. 'The world is changing,” he recently told The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman when asked about the possible consequence of Walker’s sordid personal life.
As for Trump’s party, no longer grand by any stretch of the imagination, untethered from the traditional duty to conjure visions of morality to justify their actions?
When the midterms come, we will learn whether their voters—including a portion of independents—will once again go along with the naked pursuit of power, no matter who gets hurt, no matter how much they’ve abandoned any sign of principle.
If the response by evangelicals and activists at the First Baptist Church in Atlanta the day after the volatile abortion allegations surfaced is any indication, we have an answer: They gave Walker a standing ovation.”

Guess who
did you make up another quote?

I agree Walker is a terrible candidate. Unfortunately his opponent is also a terrible candidate.
Old 10-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #18
Jim in CT

pete which side supports letting children decide to mutilate themselves because they are currently confused about masculinity and femininity?

that ain’t gonna help with hispanics. but jeep beating that drum, that’s a winning strategy.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:41 PM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
did you make up another quote?

I agree Walker is a terrible candidate. Unfortunately his opponent is also a terrible candidate.
Yep their both the same shocking
Old 10-16-2022, 02:21 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yep their both the same shocking
they both stink. i didn’t say they’re identical. they’re not identical. but both terrible.

where’d you assume i said they’re the same?
Old 10-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #21
wdmso

which side supports letting children decide to mutilate themselves

Do you hear yourself?
Old 10-16-2022, 05:40 PM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
i those arent the only examples . riots summer of 2020, the war on the police, the guy on trial
argument, and a look at the places with the worst crime rates
. This is not up
for debate. Your side still says dads are no big deal
and unnecessary and that love makes a family not two parents.

there isn’t a democrat running for office who thinks crime is a winning issue for the left.
guy on trial
argument

Oh the one I showed you was a lie but yet you still repeat it

The war on police another fabricated right wing story

The 2020 riots weren’t democrats vs Republicans. But keep suggesting it was political violence to overthrow the government

And again I showed you numbers on crime you just ignore them and parrot the usual look at Chicago republicans have saying that for 30year

Strong dads are the best way to prevent violence Please spare me. The Leave it to beaver fantasy
Old 10-16-2022, 05:43 PM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete which side supports letting children decide to mutilate themselves because they are currently confused about masculinity and femininity?

that ain’t gonna help with hispanics. but jeep beating that drum, that’s a winning strategy.
The person with a “wee wee” is worried about others sexuality and gender identity.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
The person with a “wee wee” is worried about others sexuality and gender identity.
i worry about hurting little kids, yes. The question is, why doesn’t the mutilation of little kids bother you?

little kids don’t know anything. zip.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:46 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:

The war on police another fabricated right wing story

A new Harvard-Harris poll, published earlier this week, has a number of interesting findings about the mood of the American electorate, but one stands out as particularly striking:: 64 Percent of Americans Blame ‘Woke Politicians’ for Crime Spike

(incl. 52% of dems and 60% of independents surveyed)

maybe everyone is watching FOX news
Old 10-17-2022, 07:06 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i worry about hurting little kids, yes. The question is, why doesn’t the mutilation of little kids bother you?

little kids don’t know anything. zip.
Poor victim
The media you absorb has warped your thinking
You are frantic over at best a tiny problem.

Eight people were shot near the campus of James Madison University in Virginia yesterday and it barely registered as news. In most other countries, that would be a massive story. Here in America, it’s just another day.

But the victim is worried that a child may get what he considers inappropriate care.
If they just did conversion therapy……

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2022, 07:44 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
A new Harvard-Harris poll, published earlier this week, has a number of interesting findings about the mood of the American electorate, but one stands out as particularly striking:: 64 Percent of Americans Blame ‘Woke Politicians’ for Crime Spike

(incl. 52% of dems and 60% of independents surveyed)

maybe everyone is watching FOX news
tell
cops theres no war on police

I’m bristol CT this week, two brothers made a phony 911 call to lure police into an ambush, they waited outside with a rifle and killed two cops as soon as they showed up, wounded a third

You never heard of ambush style police attacks until
liberals claimed cops are a bunch of racist assassins. it’s truly an evil political strategy. and it finally cost democrats the cop vote.
Old 10-17-2022, 07:47 AM   #28
Jim in CT

the war on police is made up says wdmso…

https://www.foxnews.com/us/5th-san-a...e-demonization
Old 10-17-2022, 07:59 AM   #29
Jim in CT

war on police is made up, says WDMSO.

the fbi says police murders increases by 60% in 2021.

let’s deny all facts that don’t help democrats win elections

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61218611.amp
Old 10-17-2022, 08:04 AM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
tell
cops theres no war on police

I’m bristol CT this week, two brothers made a phony 911 call to lure police into an ambush, they waited outside with a rifle and killed two cops as soon as they showed up, wounded a third

You never heard of ambush style police attacks until
liberals claimed cops are a bunch of racist assassins. it’s truly an evil political strategy. and it finally cost democrats the cop vote.
I guess you didn’t live in the sixties, yeah only now are cops getting killed by angry protesters. You of course don’t admit there has always been a very high percentage of cops profiling, was hippies, Vietnam protesters, civil rights activists, black and brown, if you think police are applying equal justice to all; you have been a bubble boy since you first jerked off to you moms sears catalog.