Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-13-2022, 02:43 PM   #1
wdmso

Florida governor eases voting rules in counties slammed by Hurricane Ian

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed an order Thursday extending early voting and mail ballot access for certain voters who were affected by Hurricane Ian ahead of elections this fall.

I say he’s being a Rational Governor

What Will the MAGA universe think of such a move ?

Seeing we all know their past comments on the Topic During Covid
Old 10-13-2022, 02:54 PM   #2
wdmso

I guess changing laws last minute were not a concern in Fla. 1st time around probably because Trump won Florida .. and this area votes 59% Republican so they won’t care this time either ..

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upl.../EO_20-149.pdf

STATE OF FLORIDA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-149 (Emergency Management-COVID-19-Primary and General Elections)
WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-52 declaring a State o f Emergency for the entire State of Florida as a result of COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, on March 27, 2020, President Donald J. Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which includes $20.25 million in grant money for Florida to prepare for and respond to COVID-19 during the 2020 Federal election cycle; and
WHEREAS, the State of Florida will conduct a Primary Election on August 18, 2020, and a General Election on November 3, 2020; and
WHEREAS, the Florida Association of Supervisors of Elections has requested accommodations to allow for the effective and efficient administration of elections in their respective counties in response to COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, ensuring public health and safety, while simultaneously ensuring that eligible voters have ample opportunities to vote in the Primary Election on August 18, 2020, and General Election on November 3, 2020 is paramount; and
WHEREAS, because o f the effects o f COVID-19, the direct request from the Association, and in consultation with the Secretary o f State, I find that the strict application o f some provisions o f the Florida Election Code may prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with the COVID-19 emergency.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Article IV, Section l(a) of the Florida Constitution, by the Florida Emergency

Management Act, by the Elections Emergency Act, and all other applicable laws, do hereby promulgate the following Executive Order, to take immediate effect:
Section 1. Canvassing Vote-By-Mail Ballots
In anticipation of greater Vote-By-Mail participation, I hereby suspend the application of the following limited provisions of Section 101.68(2)(a), Florida Statutes, to the extent it prohibits the County Canvassing Boards from beginning canvassing of Vote-By-Mail ballots earlier than 7 a.m. on the 22nd day before the election. County Canvassing Boards may begin canvassing Vote-By-Mail ballot~ upon
completion of the public Logic & Accuracy Testing of tabulation machines/equipment, pursuant to Section 101.5612(2), Florida Statutes.
Section 2. Poll Workers
A. I encourage all state employees to serve as a poll worker in the county which they are an elector. To facilitate state employees ofthe State Personnel System, as defined in Florida Administrative Code Rule 60L-29.002(6), serving as poll workers, I suspend the application of Florida Administrative Code Rule 60L-34.0071(3)(g) for the limited purpose ofauthorizing Administrative Leave for any state employee to serve as a poll worker in the county which they are an elector, subject to approval by their supervisor, and under the following conditions:
i.
The state employee shall receive Administrative Leave for every hour oftraining the Supervisor ofElections requires they attend, provided the state employee shows proof ofcompletion oftraining to their supervisor for approval, see Section 102.014(I), Florida Statutes, for a maximum of IO hours.
Ifa state employee works as a poll worker during the Primary Election on August 18, 2020, they shall receive 16 hours ofAdministrative Leave, provided they show proof of their service to their supervisor for approval.

m.
1v.
v.
Ifa state employee works as a poll worker during the General Election on November 3, 2020, they shall receive 16 hours ofAdministrative Leave, provided they show proofoftheir service to their supervisor for approval.
State employees are not entitled to additional Administrative Leave for service as a poll worker during Early Voting for either the Primary Election or General Election.
Nothing in this Section shall be construed as modifying the requirement in Section 110.131(3), Florida Statutes, that other-personal-services (OPS) employees are not eligible for any form ofpaid leave if they serve as a poll worker.
I direct the Secretary of the Department of Management Services to facilitate and provide
B.
guidance to state agencies for tracking state employees who work as poll workers during the 2020 Election Cycle.
C. I encourage all county, municipal, and other public entities to provide the same or similar incentives for their employees to serve as poll workers and encourage cooperation and coordination with the Supervisors of Elections to fulfill any Election Day poll worker needs.
D. Nothing in this Section shall affect the requirements of Sections 102.012 and 102.021, Florida Statutes.
Section 3. Election Administration and Coordination
A. Each Supervisor of Elections shall ensure proper social distancing and cleaning procedures are implemented for Early Voting and Election Day, insofar as is practicable. This may include, but is not limited to, spacing out voting stations, the use ofphysical barriers for poll workers interacting with voters, providing personal protective equipment to poll workers and making hand sanitizer and other cleaning products readily available.

B. I direct the Director of the Division of Emergency Management to coordinate with each County Emergency Management Director to facilitate providing any personal protective equipment, hand sanitizer and cleaning products requested by a Supervisor of Elections in order to comply with this Executive Order.
C. All executive agencies are directed, and all other state and local agencies are requested, to render such aid and assistance as needed by the Supervisors of Elections to the end that purposes of this Executive Order may be accomplished.
Section 4. Polling Locations
A. Because our K-12 schools are commonly used as precinct polling locations, I encourage each Superintendent of Schools, in coordination with the Commissioner of Education, to close all K-12 schools on August 18, 2020 for use on Primary Election Day and on November 3, 2020 for use on General Election Day as precinct polling locations.
B. To the extent a school is used as a precinct polling location for Primary Election Day and General Election Day, I recommend the Superintendent of Schools to coordinate and work collaboratively with their respective Supervisor of Elections to ensure an efficient transition of the schools for use as precinct polling locations, including facilitating set up required for the election and ensuring the proper cleaning ofthe facilities before and after voting.
C. At the Commissioner of Education's direction, school districts that close schools shall adjust their 2020-2021 K-12 school calendars as provided in sections I001.42(4)(t)-(g), Florida Statutes, to fully implement the directives of this Executive Order
D. I encourage all school district faculty, staff, and instructors to serve as poll workers on Election Day.

Section 5. Notice to the Public and Division ofElections
A. A Supervisor of Elections who exercises authority under this Executive Order shall, in addition to any notice that may be required under Section 101.71(2), Florida Statutes, timely provide notice to the public regarding any changes in voting locations or procedures in a manner designed to ensure widespread dissemination of voting information to members of the public, including, but not limited to, through print and broadcast media, website and social media postings, in addition to required posted signage at polling locations.
B. A Supervisor o f Elections who exercises authority under this Executive Order shall, within 48 hours, certify that fact to the Director of the Division of Elections of the Florida Department of State. The Secretary ofState is directed to notify me ofthe Supervisors ofElections that exercise authority under this Executive Order.
ATTEST:
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed, at Tallahassee, this 17th day of June, 2020.
Old 10-13-2022, 03:20 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Wayne, I think most Americans are OK with expanded early voting as long as its necessary, and as long as people show an id to get the absontee ballot.

But this is a truth, and it's not partisan...the best way to ensure election integrity, is in-person voting with proof of id. There's absolutely nothing partisan about that.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:07 PM   #4
wdmso

Only in-person voting with proof of id

A voter ID is a republican creation in 1950, in South Carolina keep blacks from voting So no I’d was needed from 1775 till 1950 ? I am certain more voter fraud happed before 1950 than any election after to include the 2020 election

No person or government agency has any responsibility to reassure idiots who believe fraud is rampant an the election was stolen . Just because they can’t accept reality

And regardless still won’t accept the Truth or facts after being told .

In person voting only is like suggesting we should have kept Morse code ..

and everything is partisan about that .

And the best way to ensure election integrity. Is no listening to Trump the pillow guy Rudy the kraken Flynn Roger stone . Full stop
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-15-2022, 08:16 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

A voter ID is a republican creation in 1950, in South Carolina keep blacks from voting So no I’d was needed from 1775 till 1950 ? I am certain more voter fraud happed before 1950 than any election after to include the 2020 election

No person or government agency has any responsibility to reassure idiots who believe fraud is rampant an the election was stolen . Just because they can’t accept reality

And the best way to ensure election integrity. Is no listening to Trump the pillow guy Rudy the kraken Flynn Roger stone . Full stop
why do you assume blacks can’t get an id? you have a very low opinion of blacks.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:18 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:

69% of blacks support voter id laws.

explain that.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/nati...59a66.amp.html
Old 10-15-2022, 10:03 PM   #7
Nebe

In todays world, we could all vote online. If you can file your taxes online, you can vote online. Why are we not able to do this?
Old 10-15-2022, 11:04 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to ‘Americans’
Old 10-16-2022, 02:19 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
In todays world, we could all vote online. If you can file your taxes online, you can vote online. Why are we not able to do this?
russians....
Old 10-16-2022, 06:43 AM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Aren’t we hiring 80k IRS agents to help catch all those people cheating on their taxes?

We can deposit checks by using your phone to take a picture, why can’t we just do the same for an I.D. Card?

We sent out stimulus checks to millions of people within days, why didn’t we include a voucher good to cover the cost of an I.D. Card?

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 10-16-2022 at 07:10 AM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-16-2022, 09:11 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Aren’t we hiring 80k IRS agents to help catch all those people cheating on their taxes?

We can deposit checks by using your phone to take a picture, why can’t we just do the same for an I.D. Card?

We sent out stimulus checks to millions of people within days, why didn’t we include a voucher good to cover the cost of an I.D. Card?
still spreading the 80k irs agents thing shocking

A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

Care to explain why no ID was fine from 1775 to 1950 was ok to vote without an id ?

and Don't you need Id to register to vote? it's done locally not sure why that's not enough..

when I vote I tell the l poll worker my address and my name the see that I am registered give me a ballot and cross out my name .. its been done this way since for i bet 100 years

So tell me how voter fraud could change our elections How many strangers would be required to succeed

yet the Old POTUS who wants to be POTUS again sent a letter to the JAN 6th commission which includes a 10-page appendix and photos of the crowd at his rally

and his opening sentence Dear Chairman Thompson, THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2020 WAS RIGGED AND STOLEN!”

the only people creating election integrity fears are Republicans

the sooner you except that Truth the sooner we can move on as a country
Old 10-16-2022, 09:11 AM   #12
wdmso

Who CAN’T Vote?
Non-citizens, including permanent legal residents cannot vote in federal, state, and most local elections.
Some people following felony convictions or who are currently serving time for other types of crimes. Rules are different in each state. Check this guide from the Department of Justice to understand the laws in your state.
Some people who are mentally incapacitated. Rules vary by state.
For president in the general election: U.S. citizens residing in U.S. territories

but keep telling me illegals are voting and swinging elections along with felons
Old 10-16-2022, 09:20 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
why do you assume blacks can’t get an id? you have a very low opinion of blacks.
Jim why do you assume blacks Need to get an id? Do you have a very low opinion of blacks

that's the question you need to ask yourself.

and defend this

Before Arizona legislators passed Senate Bill 1485 last year, registered voters could sign up to automatically receive a mail ballot for every election. Whether or not the voter actually participated, they could still count on getting a ballot for the next contest, which made voting easier.

Though the new law won’t be in effect for the midterms, in the future, voters will be booted off the mail voting list if they go four years without casting a mail ballot — even if the state has no reason to think they’ve moved or are otherwise ineligible.

Fabricated Fear. wow every 4 years which happens to be when POTUS races are held

So I use a mail in ballot 1 year then vote in person the next year no mail in ballot for me .. or simpler terms they have made it harder for me to vote by removing My choice
Old 10-16-2022, 09:45 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim why do you assume blacks Need to get an id? Do you have a very low opinion of blacks

that's the question you need to ask yourself.

and defend this

Before Arizona legislators passed Senate Bill 1485 last year, registered voters could sign up to automatically receive a mail ballot for every election. Whether or not the voter actually participated, they could still count on getting a ballot for the next contest, which made voting easier.

Though the new law won’t be in effect for the midterms, in the future, voters will be booted off the mail voting list if they go four years without casting a mail ballot — even if the state has no reason to think they’ve moved or are otherwise ineligible.

Fabricated Fear. wow every 4 years which happens to be when POTUS races are held

So I use a mail in ballot 1 year then vote in person the next year no mail in ballot for me .. or simpler terms they have made it harder for me to vote by removing My choice
80% of americans, and 69% of blacks, support voter id laws. So which one of us is mainstream, and who’s in the fringe?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...oll-finds/amp/

answer my question..why do you assume blacks aren’t mentally equipped to get a photo id? Just answer the question.

I live in CT, one of the bluest states in the country. they check my is when I vote. The state is run by pure liberals. Are they racists? Are us this all just race baiting by democrats?
Old 10-16-2022, 01:45 PM   #15
wdmso

80% of americans, and 69% of blacks, support voter id laws

Same with gun control but I don’t see conservatives or Republicans doing anything do you?

Voter fraud is a republican hoax

And the only party actually committing the fraud they claim everyone else is committing

Fun how that works

Seems the article said this

80% Of Americans Support Voter ID Rules—But Fewer Worried About Fraud, Poll Finds

The poll, conducted June 9-14 among 810 U.S. adults, found overwhelming support for certain proposals that would expand voter access, with 71% saying in-person early voting should be made easier and 69% backing national guidelines that mandate early voting and mail-in voting in every state for federal elections.

More Americans were likely to believe voter disenfranchisement is a “major problem” as compared with voter fraud

In a nutshell Americans want more voting choices not less and willing to embrace voter id to get it

But Republicans offer more restrictions and fewer choice big difference

Last edited by wdmso; 10-16-2022 at 01:53 PM..
Old 10-16-2022, 02:16 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
80% of americans, and 69% of blacks, support voter id laws

Same with gun control but I don’t see conservatives or Republicans doing anything do you?

And the only party actually committing the fraud they claim everyone else is committing

Fun how that works

Seems the article said this

80% Of Americans Support Voter ID Rules—But Fewer Worried About Fraud, Poll Finds

The poll, conducted June 9-14 among 810 U.S. adults, found overwhelming support for certain proposals that would expand voter access, with 71% saying in-person early voting should be made easier and 69% backing national guidelines that mandate early voting and mail-in voting in every state for federal elections.

More Americans were likely to believe voter disenfranchisement is a “major problem” as compared with voter fraud

In a nutshell Americans want more voting choices not less and willing to embrace voter id to get it

But Republicans offer more restrictions and fewer choice big difference
i also think we need gun control.

so again, which one of us is in the mainstream, and who’s the extremist?
Old 10-16-2022, 04:13 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Voter fraud is a hoax, but Republicans are the ones doing it..…brilliant

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-16-2022, 07:35 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:

bidenesque.....
Old 10-16-2022, 07:42 PM   #19
scottw

Quote:

wait till the democraps get crushed in november...there will be lots of claims regarding election integrity
Old 10-16-2022, 07:44 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
you should be able to vote on your Iwatch
Old 10-16-2022, 08:32 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:

ummmmmm.....the democraps have decided the entire republican party is a threat to our election integrity....

WASHPO- A majority of GOP nominees — 299 in all — deny the 2020 election results

Experts say their dominance in the party poses a threat to the country’s democratic principles and jeopardizes the integrity of future votes.

I love when leftists say "experts say"...it's sounds so official
Old 10-17-2022, 11:55 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
wow playing dumb again?

The fraud Republicans are committing is Trump and His MAGA horde still still insisting the election was stolen by massive voter fraud
and claiming Americans Want election integrity Which they attack daily
thats been proven time and time again

just look at Kari lake response

“If leaders like you and President Trump are saying that the election was stolen,” “aren’t you and republicans participating, contributing, even causing the idea of people thinking that the election is not safe and secure?”

“No,” Lake said. “We are going to make sure our elections are safe and secure for Democrats, independents and Republicans alike. We want to know that our legal vote counted.”

She was Ask if she would except the outcome of Her election twice

Her response I'll accept it when I win
Old 10-17-2022, 11:57 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
ummmmmm.....the democraps have decided the entire republican party is a threat to our election integrity....

WASHPO- A majority of GOP nominees — 299 in all — deny the 2020 election results

Experts say their dominance in the party poses a threat to the country’s democratic principles and jeopardizes the integrity of future votes.

I love when leftists say "experts say"...it's sounds so official
Clearly you don't see these people as a threat ..

So what do you see them as? like minded Friends ?

I forgot you never say anything
Old 10-17-2022, 12:23 PM   #24
scottw

Quote:

Clearly you don't see these people as a threat ..
about the same threat as all of the leftists that said trump didn't win and was illegitimate....
Old 10-17-2022, 02:33 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
about the same threat as all of the leftists that said trump didn't win and was illegitimate....
you sound more and more like jim everyday