Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-11-2022, 08:53 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
here’s a better idea of democracy that WDMSO will have no problem with. Last night, on the season finale of a CBS courtroom drama show called “The Good Fight”, a victim claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Governor Desantis. They couldn’t make up a fictional character to be governor

Subtle.

The accuser in the show was shown to be lying, but come on.

The 2024 election has commenced.

Using your hunter and Joe example

If Ron did nothing wrong Ron has nothing to fear.

The election commencing should not pause an investigation
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-11-2022, 08:56 AM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Using your hunter and Joe example

If Ron did nothing wrong Ron has nothing to fear.

The election commencing should not pause an investigation
well...it was a tv show sooooo..........
Old 11-11-2022, 09:06 AM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
There are more people in many many places that didn't have this problem.

Youre defending what's happening in Maricopa, only because someone you hate complained about it.
Republicans want faster results so they can prematurely claim victory

The GOP in Arizona run the elections. And lake is upset their counting and checking signatures
Actually providing election integrity and security

Yet last night hannity and Ingram were in full fraud mode referring to Arizona as a 3rd world country
Yet in 2020 fox was attacked by Trump campaign attacks Fox News polling expert who called Arizona for Biden

Only their dumb base can’t remember what happened last time

There’s a saying in shooting slow is smooth and smooth is fast
Election counts aren’t a race
Old 11-11-2022, 09:27 AM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
well...it was a tv show sooooo..........
a shameless plotline in which a gay character accuses Republican Florida Governor RonDeSantis of sexual assault.

Staples’ accusation itself, the former intern claims to his prospective legal team, “I offered my political services to Governor Ron DeSantis. He saw me in my bicycle shorts, worn purely for medical reasons, and he invited me onto his staff.

“Little did I know what he meant by ‘staff,'” he adds.

Lockhart asks Staples if had any witnesses who could support his outrageous allegations.

“No, I have better,” he replies, presenting her with a red ‘Florida is for Lovers shirt’ splattered with what he claims is DeSantis’ seminal fluid. “I have a stain.”

Eventually, Staples admits that he lied about the entire event because because smearing him would help his own candidate – former president Donald Trump – surge ahead in the polls regarding a potential 2024 presidential campaign.

Triggered by a head line and just what one would expect Trump supporters to do if their dear leader is challenge

Trumps already threatened Ron with
Trump Threatens to Reveal Unflattering Information About DeSantis if He Runs

Jim and Scott I know zero people who watch this show or the view and if they are any moved or convinced it’s true after watching
Their Republicans because you guys believe anything not True

Just like your suggestion the network is trying to influence an election.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:43 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republicans want faster results so they can prematurely claim victory

The GOP in Arizona run the elections. And lake is upset their counting and checking signatures
Actually providing election integrity and security

Yet last night hannity and Ingram were in full fraud mode referring to Arizona as a 3rd world country
Yet in 2020 fox was attacked by Trump campaign attacks Fox News polling expert who called Arizona for Biden

Only their dumb base can’t remember what happened last time

There’s a saying in shooting slow is smooth and smooth is fast
Election counts aren’t a race
have you ever gotten one right? EVER?

i don’t want faster results for premature victories, einstein. i want fast and accurate results because that’s normal
to want that. How come 50 years ago, we knew with a day who all
the winners were, now it takes weeks? if FL and CT can do it in a day, everyone else can.

the longer it goes, the fishier it’s going to seem.

The percentage of time you’re wrong, is breathtaking.

FL and CT are done counting, and no one is complaining even though there were some close races in CT. but no protests about cheating.

There’s absolutely no reason why every state can’t do it.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:44 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
a shameless plotline in which a gay character accuses Republican Florida Governor RonDeSantis of sexual assault.

Staples’ accusation itself, the former intern claims to his prospective legal team, “I offered my political services to Governor Ron DeSantis. He saw me in my bicycle shorts, worn purely for medical reasons, and he invited me onto his staff.

“Little did I know what he meant by ‘staff,'” he adds.

Lockhart asks Staples if had any witnesses who could support his outrageous allegations.

“No, I have better,” he replies, presenting her with a red ‘Florida is for Lovers shirt’ splattered with what he claims is DeSantis’ seminal fluid. “I have a stain.”

Eventually, Staples admits that he lied about the entire event because because smearing him would help his own candidate – former president Donald Trump – surge ahead in the polls regarding a potential 2024 presidential campaign.

Triggered by a head line and just what one would expect Trump supporters to do if their dear leader is challenge

Trumps already threatened Ron with
Trump Threatens to Reveal Unflattering Information About DeSantis if He Runs

Jim and Scott I know zero people who watch this show or the view and if they are any moved or convinced it’s true after watching
Their Republicans because you guys believe anything not True

Just like your suggestion the network is trying to influence an election.
why did they pick Desantis and not Gavin Newsom?

you pivot to trump, that’s what about-ism!!
Old 11-11-2022, 09:52 AM   #37
Jim in CT

wayne, it also appears the gop won the popular vote tuesday. yet they probably won’t control
the senate

so since the left likes to claim that popular vote is what should
matter, will you say that the gop should
therefore control the senate? Or do you only claim to have that principle when it suits you?
Old 11-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:

oh good...you figured out that it was a tv show....nice job Sherlock!
Old 11-11-2022, 11:00 AM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
oh good...you figured out that it was a tv show....nice job Sherlock!
and like jim the plot line upset you
Old 11-11-2022, 11:15 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:

and like jim the plot line upset you
well no, like jim....I knew it wasn't real....just leftist fantasy....

you should probably stop telling other people what they probably think trying to squeeze and mould things into that crazy narrative rolling around between your ears...

you are 100% wrong in nearly every instance.....
Old 11-11-2022, 11:18 AM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, it also appears the gop won the popular vote tuesday. yet they probably won’t control
the senate

so since the left likes to claim that popular vote is what should
matter, will you say that the gop should
therefore control the senate? ( do you even understand the only reason it appearers republicans won the popular vote is they gerrymander their districts to give them advantage ) Or do you only claim to have that principle when it suits you?
Jim please explain how your analogy is anything but a desperate attempt to put a positive spin what clearly was a failure of the Red wave clearly were convinced would happen..

More twisted logic you have. trying to compare and change what's meant by winning the popular vote. between 2 candidates and trying to apply it midterms elections that's hilarious

Again Jim you are misinformed republicans can't win the popular vote in presidential elections

“From a purely partisan perspective, Republican presidential candidates have won the national popular vote only once in the last 32 years. They have therefore depended on the electoral college for nearly all presidential victories in the last generation. If we perpetuate the notion that Congress may disregard certified electoral votes — based solely on its own assessment that one or more states mishandled the presidential election — we will be delegitimizing the very system that led Donald Trump to victory in 2016, and that could provide the only path to victory in 2024.”

and that above statement was From Republicans

But a win's a win ...
Old 11-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
why did they pick Desantis and not Gavin Newsom?

you pivot to trump, that’s what about-ism!!
who cares no pivot to trump whataboutism.. that's the plot line of your outrage post
Old 11-11-2022, 11:22 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
well no, like jim....I knew it wasn't real....just leftist fantasy....

you should probably stop telling other people what they probably think trying to squeeze and mould things into that crazy narrative rolling around between your ears...

you are 100% wrong in nearly every instance.....
Scott everyone in your world view is 100% wrong in every instance ..

unless of course you agree
Old 11-11-2022, 11:42 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:

Scott everyone in your world view is 100% wrong in every instance ..
I've never said that nor do I believe that but thanks for making my point with another incoherent sentence
Old 12-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #45
wdmso

They ran a voter suppression scheme. Now they're sentenced to register voters

Two far-right operatives who told tens of thousands of people not to vote by mail in a robocall scheme will now have to spend 500 hours registering people to vote thanks to a legal sentence from an Ohio judge.

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman robocalled roughly 85,000 voters across Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio in the summer of 2020, falsely telling them that voting by mail would risk "giving your private information to the man."

Prosecutors say the pair were targeting neighborhoods known to have a high percentage of Black voters.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/01/11400...-ohio-sentence

Yep another example of the GOP and their supporters view of Democracy ....

let me guess Both side argument again?
Old 12-02-2022, 04:57 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
They ran a voter suppression scheme. Now they're sentenced to register voters

Two far-right operatives who told tens of thousands of people not to vote by mail in a robocall scheme will now have to spend 500 hours registering people to vote thanks to a legal sentence from an Ohio judge.

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman robocalled roughly 85,000 voters across Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio in the summer of 2020, falsely telling them that voting by mail would risk "giving your private information to the man."

Prosecutors say the pair were targeting neighborhoods known to have a high percentage of Black voters.

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/01/11400...-ohio-sentence

Yep another example of the GOP and their supporters view of Democracy ....

let me guess Both side argument again?
Once again, yet another major college campus erupts in a lefty mob riot because, oh my god, a conservative tried to speak.

You're right, democrats NEVER try to suppress democracy. That's why all the democrats and the media reported fairly on the Hunter laptop story in 2020, so that voters could decide for themselves. That's why ANTIFA has never threatened or hurt anyone they disagree with. And the black panthers weren't arrested at polling places in Obama's election dressed in military garb and holding batons. There were zero liberals rioting in 2020 because they wanted to subvert democracy. Cops aren't getting ambushed by idiots who believe the lefty nonsense that cops are evil. Democrats in the TX legislature didn't flee their state to a hero's welcome in DC to prevent a vote that they knew they'd lose. Nope, none of that ever happened.

But Trump!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6316441250112
Old 12-02-2022, 05:23 PM   #47
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

When Jim posts a link to the Faux News network we should all prepare for the real news
Old 12-02-2022, 06:07 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When Jim posts a link to the Faux News network we should all prepare for the real news
Good one!!!

what did your news source say about the hunter biden laptop in 2020 bob? that it was russian disinformation?

only fox had an agenda i suppose?

just google the riot at the university of new mexico bob, there’s video and other news sources that picked it up.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:55 PM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Good one!!!

what did your news source say about the hunter biden laptop in 2020 bob? that it was russian disinformation?

only fox had an agenda i suppose?

just google the riot at the university of new mexico bob, there’s video and other news sources that picked it up.
Let’s get a special master appointed to look into it Jim.