Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-18-2022, 01:24 PM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I think you might need to actually still be a student

Starting your own business isn’t on the list. It admirable but not allowed on a student visa

Jobs outside of your school are only available to international students who have completed one full academic year and who have a qualifying economic hardship or an emergent circumstance.

According to the DHS, a qualifying economic hardship entails "new, unexpected circumstances beyond [your] control," such as:

Loss of financial aid or on-campus employment (if the student is not at fault)

Large increases in tuition or living costs

Substantial decrease in the relative value of currency the student depends upon to pay expenses

Unexpected changes in the financial conditions for a student's sources of financial support

Unexpectedly large medical bills not covered by insurance

Other substantial, unexpected expenses
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so how would you know he didnt qualify undermine of those many criteria? i do t know, i didn’t know him
when he was in school, i met him after.

The point is, how can you defend a system
that punishes those who play by the rules and heaps rewards on those who cut to the front of the line? how is that fair?
Old 10-18-2022, 11:01 PM   #92
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so how would you know he didnt qualify undermine of those many criteria? i do t know, i didn’t know him

that punishes those who play by the rules and heaps rewards on those who cut to the front of the line? how is that fair?
Now life should be fair?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-19-2022, 04:12 AM   #93
scottw

good thing they weren't sent to that sacntuary haven of san francisco where "bluestatesarebetter D-O-T C-O-M(brando lingo)

Cotopaxi Closes San Francisco Store after Multiple Break-Ins: ‘City of Chaos’

‘Many streets and parks are overrun with drugs, criminals, and homelessness, and local leadership and law enforcement enable it through inaction,’ Cotopaxi’s CEO said.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:02 AM   #94
wdmso

Quote:

Jim if you met him after school it’s safe to assume his business aka job was after he left school

Also he did not play by the Rules if he overstated his Visa like the 658,000 others who did the same in 2020

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...20Report_0.pdf
Old 10-19-2022, 08:08 AM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim if you met him after school it’s safe to assume his business aka job was after he left school

Also he did not play by the Rules if he overstated his Visa like the 658,000 others who did the same in 2020

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...20Report_0.pdf
he told me he started working, and then started his own business.

he did not overstay the visa. he worked with lawyers to get it extended, and when that failed, he moved back to albania.

so how is it fair that we punish those who obey the rules, and heap rewards on those who cheat?
Old 10-19-2022, 09:52 AM   #96
wdmso

Quote:
he told me he started working, and then started his own business.

he did not overstay the visa. he worked with lawyers to get it extended, and when that failed, he moved back to albania.

so how is it fair that we punish those who obey the rules, and heap rewards on those who cheat?
he did not overstay the visa.

Ya ok Jim if you are no longer a student you are no longer-qualified for a student visa. He cheated just admit stop trying to twist it.
I am sure he’s a fine person and hard worker

But your party wants people like him and others brought here as children

out of the country . I suggest you complain to them .

Most Democrats are empathic to people like him and his situations
Old 10-19-2022, 09:55 AM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
he did not overstay the visa.

Ya ok Jim if you are no longer a student you are no longer-qualified for a student visa. He cheated just admit stop trying to twist it.
I am sure he’s a fine person and hard worker

But your party wants people like him and others brought here a children

out of the country . I suggest you complain to them .

Most Democrats are empathic to people like him situations
ANYTHING to avoid answering a challenging question.

When his visa was coming up on expiration, that’s when he hired lawyers and contacted the feds with his request to stay. when that didn’t work out, he left and waited until he had permission to come back.

who in the gop wants people like him out?

How flimsy are your beliefs, that you can’t answer a simple question.
Old 10-19-2022, 02:10 PM   #98
wdmso

Quote:
ANYTHING to avoid answering a challenging question.

When his visa was coming up on expiration, that’s when he hired lawyers and contacted the feds with his request to stay. when that didn’t work out, he left and waited until he had permission to come back.

Jim if you are no longer a student your visa is not valid you do have a search button right?

who in the gop wants people like him out? all of them

How flimsy are your beliefs, that you can’t answer a simple question.
Ive answered all these question you again dont like the answers and demand new ones
Once you're in the United States on a student visa (F-1 or M-1), your right to stay in the country depends not only on when your official permission to remain expires, but whether you are maintaining your student immigration status. You can maintain your status by following all of the rules of your student status—in other words, by doing everything you agreed to do when you received the visa or status change.

starting your own business is breaking the rules

Why You Should Abide by Student Visa Rules
If you violate the rules that come with your F-1 or M-1 student visa, you are said to "fall out of status." That means that your right to be in the United States disappears automatically.

Your accompanying spouse and children will simultaneously lose their right to be here. You and your family could be deported and your unlawful stay in the United States would be entered onto your permanent immigration record.

The most important rules are rather simple. You must, in order to comply with the terms of a student visa:

go to school as expected (and only the school that helped you get the visa)
work only on campus or with permission from USCIS, and
make sure that your school's foreign student adviser (often called a designated student adviser or DSO) or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approve any changes in your overall
plan.

Jim you are barking up the wrong Tree AGAIN its Republicans who have a hard on for your friend you are just in denial

you want to pick and choose the circumstance of your support for immigrants .. because a personal connection I get it and like I have said I am sure he is a hard worker ... But the laws the law. and he came on student visa and others claiming asylum....

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo...isa-rules.html
Old 10-19-2022, 02:21 PM   #99
Jim in CT

Quote:
Once you're in the United States on a student visa (F-1 or M-1), your right to stay in the country depends not only on when your official permission to remain expires, but whether you are maintaining your student immigration status. You can maintain your status by following all of the rules of your student status—in other words, by doing everything you agreed to do when you received the visa or status change.

starting your own business is breaking the rules

Why You Should Abide by Student Visa Rules
If you violate the rules that come with your F-1 or M-1 student visa, you are said to "fall out of status." That means that your right to be in the United States disappears automatically.

Your accompanying spouse and children will simultaneously lose their right to be here. You and your family could be deported and your unlawful stay in the United States would be entered onto your permanent immigration record.

The most important rules are rather simple. You must, in order to comply with the terms of a student visa:

go to school as expected (and only the school that helped you get the visa)
work only on campus or with permission from USCIS, and
make sure that your school's foreign student adviser (often called a designated student adviser or DSO) or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approve any changes in your overall
plan.

Jim you are barking up the wrong Tree AGAIN its Republicans who have a hard on for your friend you are just in denial

you want to pick and choose the circumstance of your support for immigrants .. because a personal connection I get it and like I have said I am sure he is a hard worker ... But the laws the law. and he came on student visa and others claiming asylum....

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo...isa-rules.html
YOU yourself, itemized all the exceptions to the rule, that allow one to work while on a student visa, including working off campus. You have no way of knowing if he broke any rule. But his story doesn't paint liberalism favorably, so you pretend that he must have broken the rules.

He worked with Immigration and his lawyers every single step of the way.

If it weren't for the who-knows-how-many millions of illegals here, we'd have more spots available for people who choose to obey the rules. Which is obviously fair. But it makes liberals look bad, because they are currently embracing some pretty kooky things.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:47 AM   #100
wdmso

Quote:
YOU yourself, itemized all the exceptions to the rule, that allow one to work while on a student visa, including working off campus. You have no way of knowing if he broke any rule. But his story doesn't paint liberalism favorably, so you pretend that he must have broken the rules.

If it weren't for the who-knows-how-many millions of illegals here, we'd have more spots available for people who choose to obey the rules. Which is obviously fair. But it makes liberals look bad, because they are currently embracing some pretty kooky things.
You know him . Jim but why twist into I have no way of knowing if he broke any rules ? Give it up you can’t or won’t say he didn’t break any rules . Why is that?

and if that was True he didn’t break the rules.. he wouldn’t have been forced to leave..

Like I said you have a loose relationship with the Truth
Old 10-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Jim thinks he’s discovered something new.

Whenever Trumplicans accuse others you can count on them being guilty of that.

For as soon as people start thinking they do not have, somebody can point at somebody else and say, 'That's why you do not have.'

The basis for grievance politics

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2022, 09:02 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
You know him . Jim but why twist into I have no way of knowing if he broke any rules ? Give it up you can’t or won’t say he didn’t break any rules . Why is that?

and if that was True he didn’t break the rules.. he wouldn’t have been forced to leave..

Like I said you have a loose relationship with the Truth
I'll give it up when you stop dodging this obvious question...how is it fair to heap rewards on those who break the rules, while punishing those who obey the rules?

Why can't you just answer? (Because it's a losing issue for your side)
Old 10-20-2022, 09:51 AM   #103
wdmso

Quote:
I'll give it up when you stop dodging this obvious question...how is it fair to heap rewards on those who break the rules, while punishing those who obey the rules?

Why can't you just answer? (Because it's a losing issue for your side)
if you are claiming asylum you are following the Rules is it that hard ?
Old 10-20-2022, 11:50 AM   #104
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
The people fleeing Venezuela technically aren’t fleeing because they are being persecuted, they are fleeing because of a crumbling economy.

To claim asylum, they have to be fleeing persecution based on things like political views and religion. So they legally can’t be granted asylum.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
so you’re saying there’s no such thing as illegal immigration? my god, anything to avoid answering a challenging question.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:01 PM   #106
wdmso

Quote:
so you’re saying there’s no such thing as illegal immigration? my god, anything to avoid answering a challenging question.
You can never stay on topic can you ?

Illegals get deported all the time only in Republicans fantasy’s
This only happens when they are in the White House when they lose

It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border

Also when’s the next caravans expected ? Is is midterms
Old 10-20-2022, 03:13 PM   #107
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The people fleeing Venezuela technically aren’t fleeing because they are being persecuted, they are fleeing because of a crumbling economy.

To claim asylum, they have to be fleeing persecution based on things like political views and religion. So they legally can’t be granted asylum.
Still don’t understand how it works I am shocked

Just to help you out ! migrants can claim what ever they want to claim

Only those who pass a credible fear interview are referred back to USCIS for a separate “asylum merits interview.” At this interview, which is supposed to occur within 21-45 days of the credible fear interview, the asylum officer will determine whether or not to grant the person asylum.

That’s the law
Old 10-20-2022, 03:26 PM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:

Only those who pass a credible fear interview are referred back to USCIS for a separate “asylum merits interview.” At this interview, which is supposed to occur within 21-45 days of the credible fear interview, the asylum officer will determine whether or not to grant the person asylum.

That’s the law
The law also says that asylum seekers have to enter legally at a port of entry. See 8 USC 1325.

You very conveniently left that out.

For the 20th time, please tell me how the feds know where illegals are (since many of them have never spoken to anyone in the government), and therefore how do the feds know how much money to send where, to support the infastructure you said exists for them.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
Old 10-20-2022, 03:28 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
You can never stay on topic can you ?

Illegals get deported all the time only in Republicans fantasy’s
This only happens when they are in the White House when they lose

It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border

Also when’s the next caravans expected ? Is is midterms
Illegals who get caught, can get deported. There are millions and millions who are still here. Who should have to pay for their care?

"It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border"

Historically, as I have said, both parties encouraged illegal immigration. And Trump abd the GOP get an F for not building the wall when they could have. Today, only one party is actively encouraging it.

This estimate guesses that 11.5 million illegals are living in the US. Who should have to pay for that? Just the border states? Why don't the residents of Marthas Vineyard have to take their share?

https://cis.org/Report/Estimating-Il...ulation-Survey
Old 10-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #110
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

That’s the law
Enlighten me, ye of the incomprehensible sentence, on the ways of the world, use that superior intellect of yours to educate me, on something that, yet again, I didn’t say.

I know there’s a process numb nuts

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #111
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Enlighten me, ye of the incomprehensible sentence, on the ways of the world, use that superior intellect of yours to educate me, on something that, yet again, I didn’t say.

I know there’s a process numb nuts
clearly. you can’t or won’t follow that process

Let me guess you’re not claiming those MV migrants were economic migrants and did not qualified to be asylum.seekers ?

I forgot you never say anything
Old 10-20-2022, 04:43 PM   #112
wdmso

Quote:
Illegals who get caught, can get deported. There are millions and millions who are still here. Who should have to pay for their care?

"It’s the democrats who leave the lights on for them and a key underneath a Mat on the border"

Historically, as I have said, both parties encouraged illegal immigration. And Trump abd the GOP get an F for not building the wall when they could have. Today, only one party is actively encouraging it.

This estimate guesses that 11.5 million illegals are living in the US. Who should have to pay for that? Just the border states? Why don't the residents of Marthas Vineyard have to take their share?

https://cis.org/Report/Estimating-Il...ulation-Survey
Who should have to pay for their care?

To bad Jim that’s another republican fantasy

Study after study shows they are a net gain to the economy

But again facts are easier to dismiss when they don’t fit the narrative
Old 10-20-2022, 05:13 PM   #113
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who should have to pay for their care?

To bad Jim that’s another republican fantasy

Study after study shows they are a net gain to the economy

But again facts are easier to dismiss when they don’t fit the narrative
I don't give a damn what any study shows. People who come here with no skills, no money, who can't speak the language, no education, and who have more kids on average than American citizens, many of whom don't pay income or SS tax, cannot be a net gain to the economy, and only a liberal could think otherwise.

YOU are the one who said the feds pony up the money to take care of them. So you're not even contradicting me, you are contradicting YOU. I guess you're reading the polls, because even for you, you are acting bonkers.

Please post a study showing that illegal immigrants contribute more than they take.
Old 10-20-2022, 07:36 PM   #114
wdmso

People who come here with no skills, no money, who can't speak the language, no education, and who have more kids on average than American citizens,

That how America was made ! And is still. And how we find greatness. Not sure how you don’t see it?
Old 10-20-2022, 07:45 PM   #115
wdmso

Quote:
I don't give a damn what any study shows. People who come here with no skills, no money, who can't speak the language, no education, and who have more kids on average than American citizens, many of whom don't pay income or SS tax, cannot be a net gain to the economy, and only a liberal could think otherwise.

YOU are the one who said the feds pony up the money to take care of them. So you're not even contradicting me, you are contradicting YOU. I guess you're reading the polls, because even for you, you are acting bonkers.

Please post a study showing that illegal immigrants contribute more than they take.
What no internet search try it

1st result

https://www.cbpp.org/research/povert...dministrations

Immigrants Contribute Greatly to U.S. Economy, Despite Administration’s “Public Charge” Rule Rationale

Or https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy...he-u-s-economy

Jim I am big into facts and truths not
anecdotes and fear hyperbole to make my points
Old 10-20-2022, 08:33 PM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim sounds like a Lara Logan disciple…..
Lara Logan says "the open border is Satan's way of taking control of the world," adding "The ones who want us eating insects, cockroaches, and that while they dine on the blood of children...They're not going to win"
Old 10-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #117
wdmso

Florida needs workers to rebuild after Ian. Undocumented migrants are stepping in.
Hundreds have arrived in the Sunshine State despite Gov. Ron DeSantis’s warning that those without papers are not wanted in Florida.

Their arrival puts the Republican strongholds that weathered the worst of the storm in an awkward position as they attempt to recover: With low unemployment, a shortage of construction workers and an above-average elderly population, can Florida rebuild without them?
“We’d like them back,” Nancy Randall, a real estate agent who declined to give her age or political affiliation, said of the immigrants DeSantis had flown to Martha’s Vineyard,

Classic republicans , cutting off their nose to spite their face,