Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2022, 04:16 AM   #1
scottw

hmmmmm...

BLOOMBERG--yesterday

(Bloomberg) -- A group of Justice Department prosecutors believe there is sufficient evidence to charge Donald Trump with obstruction of justice, but the path to an actual indictment is far from clear.

WAIT!!! this guy was stealing and dealing our nation's most secret nuclear secrets a few weeks ago and pete was comparing him to the Rosenberg's....and....justice is hoping to find a way forward for "obstruction" charges?....

..."In addition, while some Federal Bureau of Investigation agents oppose bringing such a politically charged case as Trump considers a 2024 presidential bid, others support action, said the people, who asked for anonymity to discuss information not yet public."

sooooo serious are the crimes that some FBI agents oppose bringing charges?

this is fascinating.....
Old 10-20-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

It's been a rough 24 hrs for Trumplicans
An ABC producer got raided by the feds, a GOP candidate got busted masturbating at a preschool, FOX CEO will be deposed, Trump got deposed, Eastman's emails are going to bring Trump down for voter fraud, and DOJ is hinting at obstruction.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It's been a rough 24 hrs for Trumplicans
An ABC producer got raided by the feds, a GOP candidate got busted masturbating at a preschool, FOX CEO will be deposed, Trump got deposed, Eastman's emails are going to bring Trump down for voter fraud, and DOJ is hinting at obstruction.
Yes, that was a very prominent and influential GOP candidate, running for a university board position somewhere. Maybe he can get a gig at CNN? Apparently masturbating in front of others doesn't preclude you from getting a job there.

In equally devastating news to the GOP's midterm chances, the assistant dog catcher in Boise Idaho, a republican, got a parking ticket today. The GOP is doomed.

You guys are HYSTERICAL.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:50 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

I finally understand that Conservativism is basically people who are so miserable they won't stop till others are miserable like them.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I finally understand that Conservativism is basically people who are so miserable they won't stop till others are miserable like them.
As usual, your understanding is exactly wrong. Why not fabricate another quote or two from MTG?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/o...happiness.html
Old 10-20-2022, 08:57 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re not the majority
Old 10-21-2022, 04:19 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As usual, your understanding is exactly wrong. Why not fabricate another quote or two from MTG?
he seems very spiteful and vindictive lately
Old 10-21-2022, 06:51 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he seems very spiteful and vindictive lately
he’s seeing the same data you and i are, he knows what’s likely coming, and he can’t just accept it. None of them can accept and process anything that doesn’t serve their agenda.

What’s in that Kool Aid, anyway?

In 2008, the gop suffered the worst nationwide political defeat either party has suffered in my lifetime. They just got creamed across the board. No tantrums, no riots for sure, they just figured out what went wrong, and what they needed to do, to claw their way back. The tea party was formed and the gop came roaring back like an avalanche

That’s how you respond to failure. You learn from it. But that’s one key feature of liberalism, it requires the ability to never be influenced by results or empirical data. this is why, for example, democrats in CT can still say with a straight face that higher taxes and more state spending are the path to prosperity. That fact that it’s producing disastrous results for 40 years, somehow doesn’t matter to them. All that matters is protecting The Narrative.

When you fight against the nuclear family, and claim fewer cops and no cash bail are the answers to crime, and that there’s no downside to having an open southern border with Mexico, you have a mental disease. It’s like arguing against gravity.