Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-17-2022, 08:11 AM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I guess you didn’t live in the sixties, yeah only now are cops getting killed by angry protesters. You of course don’t admit there has always been a very high percentage of cops profiling, was hippies, Vietnam protesters, civil rights activists, black and brown, if you think police are applying equal justice to all; you have been a bubble boy since you first jerked off to you moms sears catalog.
oooh...angry start to the week....nice!
Old 10-17-2022, 08:19 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
I guess you didn’t live in the sixties, yeah only now are cops getting killed by angry protesters. You of course don’t admit there has always been a very high percentage of cops profiling, was hippies, Vietnam protesters, civil rights activists, black and brown, if you think police are applying equal justice to all; you have been a bubble boy since you first jerked off to you moms sears catalog.
"I guess you didn’t live in the sixties"

Nope. I guess you sis live then, maybe the fact that you participated in the 1960s explains your inability to form a coherent, honest argument. Too many bad acid trips?

"yeah only now are cops getting killed by angry protesters"

Can you point to where I even came close to saying that cops never got killed until recently? You lazy and lying liberals do this all the time...instead of responding to what was said, you respond to something I never came close to saying.

Police work has always been dangerous, but it's getting more dangerous, because your side has attacked them non stop for the last few years.

Read the attached link Einstein, shows police deaths by year. From 1960 - 1969, the average number of annual police deaths was 161, with 200 being the largest number killed in any one year during that decade.

In 2020, 373 were killed. In 2021, 472 were killed. Is that a big increase since the 1960s? Yes or no?

"if you think police are applying equal justice to all; you have been a bubble boy since you first jerked off to you moms sears catalog"

Stupid and gross. You're quite a catch.

There are bad cops that need to be weeded out. But it's nowhere near what the left is making it out to be. There's no systemic racism among police, the data would show it if that were the case. The data is crystal clear that it's not the case.

Let's re-cap this pleasant exchange...

Jim: police deaths are increasing

Got Stripers: Oh, you're saying cops were never killed before?

You're very, very stupid, and very very dishonest.

https://nleomf.org/memorial/facts-fi...eaths-by-year/
Old 10-17-2022, 08:21 AM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Angry and I don’t live together, but when Jim generalized yet again and in his usual narrow and Fox infused point of view, I just have to poke fun at him.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:24 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
oh, so you’re saying that no police officer has ever gotten injured in the job since the dawn of time? you’re saying no cop has ever done anything wrong, you’re saying that all cops are perfect and flawless?

And his vote counts the same as mine. hooray.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:25 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Angry and I don’t live together, but when Jim generalized yet again and in his usual narrow and Fox infused point of view, I just have to poke fun at him.
i posted the number of cop deaths by year. hard data. That’s the exact opposite of generalizing.

whew.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:32 AM   #36
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i posted the number of cop deaths by year. hard data. That’s the exact opposite of generalizing.

whew.
Posting stats is one thing, generalize that is directly related the the left is what is typically Jim. So Jim were you in touch with all those local municipalities to investigate the cause of those deaths? Could be that Trump dividing this country the way he did had an impact, oh wait didn’t we have a pandemic, oh crap hard times, oh no Jim more research is needed go reach out to Fox for a link for the answers.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:38 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Posting stats is one thing, generalize that is directly related the the left is what is typically Jim. So Jim were you in touch with all those local municipalities to investigate the cause of those deaths? Could be that Trump dividing this country the way he did had an impact, oh wait didn’t we have a pandemic, oh crap hard times, oh no Jim more research is needed go reach out to Fox for a link for the answers.
Bob, you did what you guys always do, pretended I said something I never came close to saying. That's what one does when (1) you know I have a point, but (2) you're too small to admit it.

A few years ago, some sharp operative at the DNC crunched the numbers and figured out that if the left never stopped painting cops as racist assassins, they'd win more elections. Who care if it means more dead cops.

The left is demonizing cops. And way more cops are being killed now (which you denied). I can't prove a connection. But I know there's a connection.

The left believes the answer to violent crime, is smaller police presence. How many 1960s bad acid trips does it take, to believe something that stupid Bob?
Old 10-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
war on police is made up, says WDMSO.

the fbi says police murders increases by 60% in 2021.

let’s deny all facts that don’t help democrats win elections

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61218611.amp
Jim you really do live in a bubble don’t you. So democrats are killing police?

News flash being a cop is dangerous

Ask any cop what call the hate the most. And I bet 99% will say demotic violence one

According to the 2020 National Law Enforcement Officers Fatalities Report, out of the 264 police officers killed in the line of duty in 2020, the second highest cause of death was firearms-related fatalities, where 48 officers were killed in the line of duty – and 7 out of those 48 being officers responding to domestic violence calls.

2022 Total Line of Duty Deaths: 190

9/11 related illness 2
Accidental 1
Aircraft accident 6
Animal related 1
Automobile crash 26
COVID19 64
Duty related illness 5
Fire 1
Gunfire 53
Gunfire (Inadvertent) 3
Heart attack 9
Heatstroke 1
Motorcycle crash 1
Struck by vehicle 3
Training accident 1
Vehicle pursuit 3
Vehicular assault 10

2021 Total Line of Duty Deaths: 649

9/11 related illness 14
Assault 6
Automobile crash 24
COVID19 467
Drowned 3
Duty related illness 3
Fall 1
Gunfire 62
Gunfire (Inadvertent) 2
Heart attack 23
Motorcycle crash 3
Stabbed 4
Struck by vehicle 14
Training accident 1
Vehicle pursuit 3
Vehicular assault 17
Weather/Natural disaster 2

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 429

9/11 related illness 29
Aircraft accident 1
Assault 1
Automobile crash 19
COVID19 280
Drowned 4
Duty related illness 6
Exposure to toxins 1
Gunfire 46
Gunfire (Inadvertent) 5
Heart attack 9
Heatstroke 1
Motorcycle crash 4
Struck by vehicle 8
Vehicle pursuit 2
Vehicular assault 13

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

Your problem Jim you have no perspective when you post everything is political

The real war on police was Covid

But crickets on that let’s face it Republicans have made the streets more dangerous for police the Democrats ever have with their guns for all mentally. See. Blow re. Enforces that. Numbers don’t lie

More officers died in the South than all other regions combined.

Total law enforcement deaths in 2021, by region
South. 70
West. 26
Midwest21
Northeast 7
Puerto Rico 5
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 10-17-2022 at 11:58 AM..
Old 10-17-2022, 09:15 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim you really do live in a bubble don’t you. So democrats are killing police?

News flash being a cop is dangerous

Ask any cop what call the hate the most. And I bet 99% will day demotic violence one

According to the 2020 National Law Enforcement Officers Fatalities Report, out of the 264 police officers killed in the line of duty in 2020, the second highest cause of death was firearms-related fatalities, where 48 officers were killed in the line of duty – and 7 out of those 48 being officers responding to domestic violence calls.

2022 Total Line of Duty Deaths: 190

9/11 related illness 2
Accidental 1
Aircraft accident 6
Animal related 1
Automobile crash 26
COVID19 64
Duty related illness 5
Fire 1
Gunfire 53
Gunfire (Inadvertent) 3
Heart attack 9
Heatstroke 1
Motorcycle crash 1
Struck by vehicle 3
Training accident 1
Vehicle pursuit 3
Vehicular assault 10

2021 Total Line of Duty Deaths: 649

9/11 related illness 14
Assault 6
Automobile crash 24
COVID19 467
Drowned 3
Duty related illness 3
Fall 1
Gunfire 62
Gunfire (Inadvertent) 2
Heart attack 23
Motorcycle crash 3
Stabbed 4
Struck by vehicle 14
Training accident 1
Vehicle pursuit 3
Vehicular assault 17
Weather/Natural disaster 2

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 429

9/11 related illness 29
Aircraft accident 1
Assault 1
Automobile crash 19
COVID19 280
Drowned 4
Duty related illness 6
Exposure to toxins 1
Gunfire 46
Gunfire (Inadvertent) 5
Heart attack 9
Heatstroke 1
Motorcycle crash 4
Struck by vehicle 8
Vehicle pursuit 2
Vehicular assault 13

https://www.odmp.org/search/year

Your problem Jim you have no perspective when you post everything is political

The real war on police was Covid

But crickets on that let’s face it Republicans have made the streets more dangerous for police the Democrats ever have with their guns for all mentally. See. Blow re. Enforces that. Numbers don’t lie

More officers died in the South than all other regions combined.

Total law enforcement deaths in 2021, by region
South. 70
West. 26
Midwest21
Northeast 7
Puerto Rico 5
Wayne, so you care about data? Your side says cops are out to kill blacks, yet where do "cops" stand on the list of things killing blacks? Somewhere below lightning?

Ask cops which side portrays them honestly, and which side demonizes them?

Why do national police unions support Republicans now?
Old 10-17-2022, 09:57 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:

I just have to poke fun at him.
but you aren't even mildly amusing....
Old 10-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Bob, you did what you guys always do, pretended I said something I never came close to saying. That's what one does when (1) you know I have a point, but (2) you're too small to admit it.

A few years ago, some sharp operative at the DNC crunched the numbers and figured out that if the left never stopped painting cops as racist assassins, they'd win more elections. Who care if it means more dead cops.

The left is demonizing cops. And way more cops are being killed now (which you denied). I can't prove a connection. But I know there's a connection.

The left believes the answer to violent crime, is smaller police presence. How many 1960s bad acid trips does it take, to believe something that stupid Bob?
First you repeat something that at best you heard or imagined about a democratic plan to make cops victims.
Because just like pointing out embedded racism in society makes you claim to be victimized, so does identifying an issue with police brutality puts police in the spotlight.

Police brutality exists and given the current climate that exists in policing with qualified immunity and strong unions it’s hard to change.

The current militarization and methods of policing need to change.
Every year expenditures go up and results go down.

But saying that pursuing change is claiming police are racist assassins is the way to ensure that rational change cannot happen.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-17-2022, 11:39 AM   #42
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Every year expenditures go up and results go down.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:09 PM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, so you care about data? Your side says cops are out to kill blacks, yet where do "cops" stand on the list of things killing blacks? Somewhere below lightning?

Ask cops which side portrays them honestly, and which side demonizes them?

Why do national police unions support Republicans now?
here is the data Jim

Native Americans were killed by police at a rate three times that of white people (77 total killed). Black people were killed at 2.6 times the rate of white people (1,265 total killed); and Hispanics were killed at nearly 1.3 times the rate of white people (889 total killed). Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

changing the subject again. what a suprise what's happened to this war on police you claim exist

Why do national police unions support Republicans now

MONEY !!!! funny you hate unions now you use them as a defence

only you Jim see accountability as demonizes police why is that?

what don't you expect more from your police .. or do think blind support without question is what's needed ! because that's what you do.

https://news.yale.edu/2020/10/27/rac...d-over-5-years
Old 10-17-2022, 12:18 PM   #44
scottw

if we could just get rid of white people.....
Old 10-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #45
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
but you aren't even mildly amusing....
We all can’t have your rapier wit, well I suppose in your mind it is anyway.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:48 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Black people were killed at 2.6 times the rate of white people[/COLOR] (1,265 total killed); and Hispanics were killed at nearly 1.3 times the rate of white people
That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Zip. You need to take into account that blacks disproportionately make up people who commit violent crimes. If blacks disproportionately commit violent crime, why wouldn't you expect their rates of death by cop to be higher.

Jesus God almighty man.
Old 10-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
That means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Zip. You need to take into account that blacks disproportionately make up people who commit violent crimes. If blacks disproportionately commit violent crime, why wouldn't you expect their rates of death by cop to be higher.

Jesus God almighty man.
Again what happen to your War on police ?

changing the subject again

guess you blame the unarmed Black people getting shot for the same twisted reasons .. I am glad your not a cop ! a black person would be guilty by association AKA just being black

2021 U.S. DOJ Statistics on Race and Ethnicity of Violent Crime Perpetrators

The report concluded that for whites and Blacks, “there were no statistically significant differences by race between offenders identified in the NCVS and persons arrested per the UCR. White and Black people were arrested proportionate to their involvement in SNVC overall and proportionate to their involvement in SNVC reported to the police.”

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...-perpetrators/

I guess we should start calling you Tommy Tuberville