Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 09-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
Patriots parking?

Just scored Pats Giants tickets for November. Never been to a game. Anyone have any suggestions fir an easy in easy out place to park if there is such a thing? What time should we be there to get parking. It's a 4:15 game.

Never been to a regular season game before. Looking forward to taking my old man, father in law and brother in law. Should be interesting to say the least!

Thanks in advance!

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Saltheart

Easy in can come from arriving before noon and doing the talegate barbecue lunch etc . Easy out is virtually impossible. Many do a a talegate after game barbecue or cocktail session to let the initial traffic jams disipate a little before leaving the lots. Have fun and be patient with coming ang going. Don't let the rat race around the stadium driving spoil your day.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
$50 !

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

i would park at one of the dd or gas stations and walk a mile to get in. i've done that for 2 games. 40 bucks, but worth it. don't drink as many beers or eat 10 dollar fries inside.
american spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by american spirit View Post
i would park at one of the dd or gas stations and walk a mile to get in. i've done that for 2 games. 40 bucks, but worth it. don't drink as many beers or eat 10 dollar fries inside.
He's taking his father and FIL.... probably not an option. Fifty bucks and don't get blocked in, be ready to leave after third quarter, or take someone who has a handicap tag......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Ross is right, but if you can handle the walk, it saves time getting out.

there is a lot on the left as you come in from the south, behind what I think is Four Seasons motel or something, there are a few businesses there, it's not too bad of a walk and easy out.

the huge lots across from the stadium can take a long time to get out of unless you leave the game early.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Rockfish9

We usualy use P-2.. we have pretty good luck getting out...depending on how tight the game is, we usualy leave with 5 or so minutes left on the clock..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
Saltheart

I don't care what the score is, if I pay for tickets and parking etc for a game, I'm staying and watching every minute!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #9
zacs
D'oh

me too. as a season ticket holder, we park in the same place every time, and it is VERY easy to get out on to Rt. 1, but the ride on Rt. 1 is what takes the time. but like was said, we usually grill up some more food and hang out with our group of guys and talk about the game, and if it is a 1:00 sometimes we even bring TV to watch the 4:00 games. The night games are the toughest, because if you hang out too long you don't get home until late....
I would just go, park in the big lots and enjoy. Traffic is traffic, and if you are with good company, who cares?

My only gripe is the $50. Like they aren't making enough money already, they have to gouge you $50 a car for parking. At least they could pave the lots...

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
Thanks for the info everyone. Figured we better leave early to get there for around 11 or so. Then just sit and wait to get out. Should be fun though. Grillin, booze, food and game. makes for an enjoyable night out...though pricey!

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
spence

For reference, I got onto Route 1 about 1:40pm yesterday. The ride from there to the stadium took about 40 min or so and the lots were already pretty full.

We left early and beat all the traffic which I think was worth it as my son was ready to go anyway.

Freaking expensive though. I'd rather do several Red Sox games for the price and time of 1 Pats.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote