Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-19-2022, 07:08 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
so again you can't show me how she "mispoke".

Seems like you're the one (along with a few others) who sucked up the lies that are told.

And she's the drama queen -
i’ve said many times how she misspoke. she was never in any imminent danger, nothing to get traumatized over.

the cops took precautions and evacuated her. my doctor took precautions and told
me to drop 15 pounds, doesn’t mean it’s reasonable
for me to run out of there crying and screaming that i’m about to die.

if a cop is knocking on your office door, how does it takes a few minutes to figure out that’s it’s actually a cop, and not someone there to murder you?

everything is ok when democrats do it! in a few months we get to see what america thinks of that. might be a big thumbs down.

i’m sure incentivizing even more illegals to cross the border by sunsetting title 42 or whatever it’s called, will help. that’ll be a big help if we see a huge boost in crossings, because we all know that crossings are way too low right now.

and to top it all off, there’s quite possibly a recession around the corner.

had her abuela drowned yet from the leaky roof that she couldn’t help fix for some reason? and the. when math walsh raised more than enough to fix abuela’s roof, AOC refused the money, and there’s only one reason for that…she made it up, like she made this up. she’s crazy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-19-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’ve said many times how she misspoke. she was never in any imminent danger, nothing to get traumatized over.

And it is a wonder why Repub. have a reputation as misogynists.

Who are you to tell her that as a sexual assault survivor she shouldn't be scared when someone she doesn't know is banging on her door yelling "where is she, where is she". She said she only was scared for like 9 - 10 sec. until they figured out it was a cop.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:37 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
And it is a wonder why Repub. have a reputation as misogynists.

Who are you to tell her that as a sexual assault survivor she shouldn't be scared when someone she doesn't know is banging on her door yelling "where is she, where is she". She said she only was scared for like 9 - 10 sec. until they figured out it was a cop.
And it's a wonder why liberals have a well-earned reputation of accusing everyone who dares to call them out for their nonsense, a bigot.

Not sire what her gender had to do with any of this.

Paul, are you saying it's necessarily sexist to criticize a woman? At least a liberal woman?

I really can't wait for November.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
And it's a wonder why liberals have a well-earned reputation of accusing everyone who dares to call them out for their nonsense, a bigot.and I'm sure you think all the Rs lying about what she said for like 2-3 min. in a 1-2 hour interview aren't misogynists.

Not sire what her gender had to do with any of this.

Paul, are you saying it's necessarily sexist to criticize a woman? At least a liberal woman?not at all. Never said that.
But claiming she "mispoke" in this instance is totally wrong.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:12 AM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
I really can't wait for November.
I know you ran away last year after the election but it was interesting to see that there was very little "bragging" by the Ds on this site talking about the election. From your frequently talking about this coming election and what you think will happen, I know that amount of bandwith "bragging" about the election will be multiples from last year.
Old 04-19-2022, 11:34 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
I know you ran away last year after the election but it was interesting to see that there was very little "bragging" by the Ds on this site talking about the election. From your frequently talking about this coming election and what you think will happen, I know that amount of bandwith "bragging" about the election will be multiples from last year.
wrong. i took a break long after the election. i’m ok with the pendulum swinging both ways. had absolutely nothing to do with biden winning. zip.

biden may well put the gop in a stronger place than they’d be if trump had won.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
biden may well put the gop in a stronger place than they’d be if trump had won.
I don't think so. Trump would have had the pick to replace Bryer and we wouldn't have the radical Progressive that Biden picked, and if for some reason Clarence Thomas is gone before the 2024 election Biden will get to pick another radical Progressive to replace him. And the border wall would be finished if Trump had won, as well our illegal immigration policies would not have been weakened, probably strengthened. And his corporate tax policies would have strengthened our economy along with more assurance that his China tariff policy would not be weakened. The Keystone pipeline project would not have been stopped and probably more federal land would be opened for drilling.

Among many other things.

But if you're saying that the Dems will F up stuff so badly that it will hurt them to the benefit of the Repubs for the next couple of election cycles . . . maybe. But the SCOTUS situation concerns me more.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think so. Trump would have had the pick to replace Bryer and we wouldn't have the radical Progressive that Biden picked, and if for some reason Clarence Thomas is gone before the 2024 election Biden will get to pick another radical Progressive to replace him. And the border wall would be finished if Trump had won, as well our illegal immigration policies would not have been weakened, probably strengthened. And his corporate tax policies would have strengthened our economy along with more assurance that his China tariff policy would not be weakened. The Keystone pipeline project would not have been stopped and probably more federal land would be opened for drilling.

Among many other things.

But if you're saying that the Dems will F up stuff so badly that it will hurt them to the benefit of the Repubs for the next couple of election cycles . . . maybe. But the SCOTUS situation concerns me more.
i’m not sure Bryer would have voluntarily retired with trump
in office. his replacement doesn’t change the makeup of the court. the collective IQ of SCOTUS will decrease for sure, but it won’t change the ideological makeup. she’ll vote the same way he would have, on just about everything.

But yes i’m saying the backlash against numerous catastrophic progressive policies could
put the gop in a better position than they’d be in, had trump won but had to deal with democrats controlling congress.

same with obama. when he left in 2016 the democrats held fewer elected offices in the US than at any time since Civil War construction, and that’s a fact. nobody talks about it, but that’s what happened.

2022 and 2024 could be worse for the left, because the democrats currently are a million miles to the left of where obama was.

you’re spot on concerning all judicial appointments, not just SCOTUS.