Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2023, 07:58 AM   #151
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
to do what? to enforce the laws impartially? or to implement his personal political agenda?

the constitution of the state of FL gives the governor the authority to suspend this elected DA.

if he wanted to enact liberal laws he should have run for the state legislature. the DA has a different role.
Let no one be confused: DeSantis is not a break with the MAGA anti-democratic movement. He is only a less buffoonish version of the defeated former president. And that makes him all the more dangerous.

But Jim’s been fooled once already
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #152
wdmso

Quote:
wayne, you left out that the judge didn’t reinstate the fired official ( a DA who said he wasn’t going to enforce duly constituted state law ) and the judge said very specifically, that the guy would have been removed even if there was no first amendment violation.

imagine, the arrogance of a governor who expects the DA to enforce the law?

how come you left out the very important part?

he’s not looking out for his state, which is why the state is in tatters and everyone is moving to CT.
The judge could not reinstate him under the law . Like you football guy

And the judge actually said Ron would have just made another excuse to fire the guy

the DA never not enforced the law

It’s the DA responsibility to use his Judgement in all cases

No you support Ron yelling off with their heads. And if people won’t he’ll remove them.

Sorry that’s call an absence of leadership.. a concept you seem to have trouble understanding
Old 01-26-2023, 08:15 AM   #153
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The judge could not reinstate him under the law . Like you football guy

And the judge actually said Ron would have just made another excuse to fire the guy

the DA never not enforced the law

It’s the DA responsibility to use his Judgement in all cases

No you support Ron yelling off with their heads. And if people won’t he’ll remove them.

Sorry that’s call an absence of leadership.. a concept you seem to have trouble understanding
the DA announced that he wasn’t going to
enforce a new law which was duly constituted. of course they get paid to use judgment. but insisting that you’re not going to ever enforce a law you don’t happen to like, goes way beyond that.

“off with their heads”? more like, do the job you were hired to do, or find another job.

there are kits of productive careers for people
who want to be political advocates. Being a prosecutor isn’t one of them.

removing subordinates who refuse to do the job, isn’t what is call an absence of leadership. You can call it whatever you’d like.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:18 AM   #154
wdmso

And of course Jim this was just another Ron campaign aid. Disguised as leadership

In a Tampa news conference, which his press secretary hyped as an event that would make the “liberal media meltdown,” DeSantis noted there is no state law banning gender-affirming treatments but included that in the executive order suspending Warren because one day the Legislature could ban them.

“The Legislature of Florida may want to come in and do something on that, you are going to say presumptively you can’t do it?” DeSantis said during the event.

His press secretary hyped as an event that would make the “liberal media meltdown,”

Yep keep thinking anything he does is for his constituents. It’s done all for Himself . This is just 1 of many examples
Old 01-26-2023, 08:30 AM   #155
Jim in CT

Quote:
And of course Jim this was just another Ron campaign aid. Disguised as leadership

In a Tampa news conference, which his press secretary hyped as an event that would make the “liberal media meltdown,” DeSantis noted there is no state law banning gender-affirming treatments but included that in the executive order suspending Warren because one day the Legislature could ban them.

“The Legislature of Florida may want to come in and do something on that, you are going to say presumptively you can’t do it?” DeSantis said during the event.

His press secretary hyped as an event that would make the “liberal media meltdown,”

Yep keep thinking anything he does is for his constituents. It’s done all for Himself . This is just 1 of many examples
banned gender affirming treatments for who? for everyone? or for
kids?

wayne, the guy just had an election and he won in an historic rout. what do you conclude from that? how can you not conclude that his citizens like what he’s doing?

man, it’s two years away and you guys are coming unglued over him, and he hasn’t even announced he’s running, and i don’t see how he can beat trump in a primary unless it’s just the two of them.

it must be very exhausting to constantly bend, or outright deny, factual truth that isn’t convenient for you.

I get why he terrifies you. he represents the popular policies of trump, with a far, far less obnoxious personality. You can easily paint trump as a lunatic without having to look stupid doing so. Can’t do the same with desantis, at least not yet, he’s got plenty of time to screw up. Desantis clobbered , and i mean clobbered, Cuomo on handling covid, and he did so while managing not to harass all the women within ten miles of him.

That’s called “winning”.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:49 AM   #156
wdmso

Quote:
the DA announced that he wasn’t going to
enforce a new law which was duly constituted. of course they get paid to use judgment. but insisting that you’re not going to ever enforce a law you don’t happen to like, goes way beyond that.

“off with their heads”? more like, do the job you were hired to do, or find another job.

there are kits of productive careers for people
who want to be political advocates. Being a prosecutor isn’t one of them.

removing subordinates who refuse to do the job, isn’t what is call an absence of leadership. You can call it whatever you’d like.
He was hired elected 3 times by his constituents
Just like Santos who you argue he also was elected. But should keep his job unless he did something illegal

Ron fired him for his speaking aka his 1a rights. He never refused prosecute a case because none had been brought..

You seem to miss that part.

Funny Ron he did the same thing to Disney when they spoke against him..

Ron’s a classic bully loud mouthed and thin skinned. Just like your last man crush .

But The GOP has the nerve to claim the Biden administration has weaponized the Government. Lol

Ron’s giving us a preview what’s a weaponized government looks like. And what’s going to happen if he’s in the Oval Office

Any tradition or precedent not in writing he’ll ignore , remove any
All federal DAs and Assistant DAs will be removed unless they pledge their allegiance to Ron the same will happen to the General office corps he’ll remove them for being woke.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:01 AM   #157
Jim in CT

Quote:
He was hired elected 3 times by his constituents
Just like Santos who you argue he also was elected. But should keep his job unless he did something illegal

Ron fired him for his speaking aka his 1a rights. He never refused prosecute a case because none had been brought..

You seem to miss that part.

Funny Ron he did the same thing to Disney when they spoke against him..

Ron’s a classic bully loud mouthed and thin skinned. Just like your last man crush .

But The GOP has the nerve to claim the Biden administration has weaponized the Government. Lol

Ron’s giving us a preview what’s a weaponized government looks like. And what’s going to happen if he’s in the Oval Office

Any tradition or precedent not in writing he’ll ignore , remove any
All federal DAs and Assistant DAs will be removed unless they pledge their allegiance to Ron the same will happen to the General office corps he’ll remove them for being woke.
did he say during his election, that he was going to refuse to enforce laws which didn’t align with his personal beliefs?

ron fired him for refusing to do the job to which he was elected.

who was my last man crush? trump? the one who i described a hundred times as a morally bankrupt reptile? that’s a man crush?

zero honesty. zip. just hate and derangement. 2024 is so far off, a hundred things could happen that would
make me say desantis would be a lousy presidential candidate. as of right now, he’s an absolute rock star, and you’re all scared absolutely sh*tless of him. You have absolutely no one like him on your side. maybe gavin newsom, and i can barely say that with a straight face.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:22 AM   #158
Pete F.
Canceled

Why would it surprise anyone that Jim loves an authoritarian.
DeFascist has now figured out how to get away with removing Democrats holding elected office in Florida. That is alarming. Bet he gets rid of a mayor next.
Follow the state or……
Old 01-26-2023, 10:54 AM   #159
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why would it surprise anyone that Jim loves an authoritarian.
DeFascist has now figured out how to get away with removing Democrats holding elected office in Florida. That is alarming. Bet he gets rid of a mayor next.
Follow the state or……
yup, he’s a Nazi. And with all the jews retired and living in FL, I assume it won’t be long now…
Old 01-26-2023, 11:28 AM   #160
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
yup, he’s a Nazi. And with all the jews retired and living in FL, I assume it won’t be long now…
Fascism isn’t confined to Nazis

Definition: Fascism: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.

https://youtu.be/zae_nJ_Ik5I

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2023, 03:44 PM   #161
wdmso

Quote:
did he say during his election, that he was going to refuse to enforce laws which didn’t align with his personal beliefs?

ron fired him for refusing to do the job to which he was elected.

who was my last man crush? trump? the one who i described a hundred times as a morally bankrupt reptile? that’s a man crush?

yea that one who you said you would vote for if he was nominated that's a man crush

zero honesty. zip. just hate and derangement. 2024 is so far off, a hundred things could happen that would
make me say desantis would be a lousy presidential candidate. as of right now, he’s an absolute rock star, calling a politician a rock star is another example of how you have a man crush and you’re all scared absolutely sh*tless of him.

No Jim we see him for what he is I've voted for several republicans in my lifetime . and none resembled Ron AKA Trump's mini me

You have absolutely no one like him on your side. maybe gavin newsom, and i can barely say that with a straight face. you people said the same thing about basement Biden howd that work out
only in Jims world someone should get fired for claiming they would do something ... not fired when you actual dont do your Job

I saw this is a movie once where people were arrested and charged before they committed the Crime .

it was called Minority report .. seems Jim's fine with such logic .. but your all over due process
Old 01-26-2023, 04:43 PM   #162
detbuch

Quote:
Fascism isn’t confined to Nazis

Definition: Fascism: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.
How does that definition of fascism differ it from Nazism, or Chinese Communism? And are you saying that Desantis controls the lives of the people of Florida, and that they are not allowed to disagree with him? And that he organized the society of Florida?
Old 01-26-2023, 06:51 PM   #163
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
How does that definition of fascism differ it from Nazism, or Chinese Communism? And are you saying that Desantis controls the lives of the people of Florida, and that they are not allowed to disagree with him? And that he organized the society of Florida?
gee, when you put it that way, his post seems absurd.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:45 PM   #164
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I see you’re channeling Stefan Molyneux again

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2023, 09:45 PM   #165
detbuch

Quote:
I see you’re channeling Stefan Molyneux again
Nope . . . just pointing out your stupid propaganda.
Old 01-27-2023, 07:29 AM   #166
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Nope . . . just pointing out your stupid propaganda.
I attached a YouTube video, so it must be true

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2023, 11:57 AM   #167
detbuch

Quote:
I attached a YouTube video, so it must be true
Oh . . . don't tell me . . . I thought you didn't use YouTube because . . . because . . . Oh yea actually you have used it several times. Well, I guess you need to post SOME things that are true.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:10 PM   #168
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Oh . . . don't tell me . . . I thought you didn't use YouTube because . . . because . . . Oh yea actually you have used it several times. Well, I guess you need to post SOME things that are true.
Did it just for you…

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2023, 01:47 PM   #169
detbuch

Quote:
Did it just for you…
Phew, then it's a good thing I didn't watch it. Your "gifts" are always so corrosive.
Old 01-27-2023, 06:08 PM   #170
wdmso

Unanimously, Florida Supervisors of Elections view this legislative proposal as unnecessary and lacking adequate feasibility for implementation," they wrote in their report.

Florida's new vote-by-mail measures are part of sweeping legislation signed into law last year by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis. Provisions in the law, known as Senate Bill 524, are similar to vote-by-mail ID rules that went into effect in Texas last year.

Yep more voter suppression in the name election integrity what a joke