Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-18-2023, 06:29 AM   #1
Jim in CT

a professional environmentalists take on Hunter Biden laptop

Michael Shellenberger is a journalist/activist for the environment and for homelessness. He was a registered democrat until last year, now he’s an independent. TIME magazine labeled him a “hero of the environment”. Not foxnews, but TIME.

In other words, He’s not Sean Hannity.

Musk gave him access to the Twitter files related to Hunters laptop. Here’s his take. It’s pretty obvious what happened here. There aren’t a lot of different conclusions one can arrive at. Shellenberger is a rare journalist who’s not blinded by ideology ( those exist on both sides), he goes where the truth takes him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/elon...gs-learned-fbi

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-18-2023 at 07:05 AM..
Old 01-18-2023, 07:47 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

If it didn’t work the previous times why not try again, it worked with Hillary.

https://asharangappa.substack.com/p/...g-hunter-biden
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-18-2023, 08:20 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If it didn’t work the previous times why not try again, it worked with Hillary.

https://asharangappa.substack.com/p/...g-hunter-biden
pete advocates for ignoring it. shocker.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:42 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Jim I hope you bought a round trip ticket on the crazy train. The crazy train forced McCarthy to terms and now the crazy train leaders comprise the house oversight committee, think about that for a minute. Some of the key people outside of Trumps inner legal team supporting the attempt to illegally reverse the will of the people are now driving the train.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:58 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim I hope you bought a round trip ticket on the crazy train. The crazy train forced McCarthy to terms and now the crazy train leaders comprise the house oversight committee, think about that for a minute. Some of the key people outside of Trumps inner legal team supporting the attempt to illegally reverse the will of the people are now driving the train.
full of insults, a tad short of facts.

GS, do yiu think the stuff on hunters laptop was planted there by russia?

so Michael Shellenberger is a lying, right wing nut. and we should believe that, simply because you say so.

Why did twitter and facebook come out and say it was a mistake to censor that story? why are so many liberal outlets now saying it was legit?

they’re all part of a fox news conspiracy? they’re all carrying water for Kevin McCarthy?

what’s your disagreement exactly, with what Shellenberger ( a lifelong democrat) wrote?

just because you don’t like it, does that mean it’s a lie?

i’m not a big McCarthybor Jim Jordan fan. But i’m talking about what Shellenberger wrote, but what those political
zealots are saying.

keep your fingers in your ears and your heads in the sand

we need committee leaders who are more fair, and less political. Like Nancy Pelosi and Adam
Schiff.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:23 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe and Hunter Biden should stop with all the crimes.
Oh wait that was Trump, his administration and his family.

Over 200 criminal indictments and so many more to come...
Old 01-18-2023, 10:40 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
full of insults, a tad short of facts.

GS, do yiu think the stuff on hunters laptop was planted there by russia?

so Michael Shellenberger is a lying, right wing nut. and we should believe that, simply because you say so.

Why did twitter and facebook come out and say it was a mistake to censor that story? why are so many liberal outlets now saying it was legit?

they’re all part of a fox news conspiracy? they’re all carrying water for Kevin McCarthy?

what’s your disagreement exactly, with what Shellenberger ( a lifelong democrat) wrote?

just because you don’t like it, does that mean it’s a lie?

i’m not a big McCarthybor Jim Jordan fan. But i’m talking about what Shellenberger wrote, but what those political
zealots are saying.

keep your fingers in your ears and your heads in the sand

we need committee leaders who are more fair, and less political. Like Nancy Pelosi and Adam
Schiff.
So musk allows only one person to cherry pick and you feel that’s enough evidence Jim? Investigating a crime scene after the neighborhood has walked thru it won’t hold up in court, which copy of the hard drive should we believe Jim? All aboard the crazy train is leaving the station.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:27 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
So musk allows only one person to cherry pick and you feel that’s enough evidence Jim? Investigating a crime scene after the neighborhood has walked thru it won’t hold up in court, which copy of the hard drive should we believe Jim? All aboard the crazy train is leaving the station.
no he allowed more than one person.

How do you know he cherry picked ?

again, you want us to believe something simply because you say it’s so. the guy who wrote this is a lifelong democrat.

you’re saying the laptop is contaminated, so we shouldn’t believe what’s on there. Where’d you get that? all the big outlets are now saying it’s legit.

desperate, pathetic, dishonest.

that’s why we need hearings. which you will ignore, because your kind is made up before you know anything.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:24 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
no he allowed more than one person.

How do you know he cherry picked ?

again, you want us to believe something simply because you say it’s so. the guy who wrote this is a lifelong democrat.

you’re saying the laptop is contaminated, so we shouldn’t believe what’s on there. Where’d you get that? all the big outlets are now saying it’s legit.

desperate, pathetic, dishonest.

that’s why we need hearings. which you will ignore, because your kind is made up before you know anything.
Trump was a life long democrat too Jim, how did that work out for our side?
Old 01-18-2023, 01:47 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Trump was a life long democrat too Jim, how did that work out for our side?
I guess not so good. Your side got Biden.
Old 01-18-2023, 01:55 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I guess not so good. Your side got Biden.
Joe Biden scores a HUGE win as the Treasury Department announces that the U.S. federal budget deficit fell from $2.6 trillion to $1.4 trillion in 2022 — proving Democrats are far more fiscally responsible than Republicans with their rich tax cuts.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2023, 02:01 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Joe Biden scores a HUGE win as the Treasury Department announces that the U.S. federal budget deficit fell from $2.6 trillion to $1.4 trillion in 2022 — proving Democrats are far more fiscally responsible than Republicans with their rich tax cuts.
Yay!! The Dems will be clamoring for Biden to run in 2024.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:08 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Yay!! The Dems will be clamoring for Biden to run in 2024.
Well you could have Trump who added $8 trillion to the debt, 9 trillion to the deficit, and left office with 3 million fewer jobs than when he entered. He mortgaged our future, and still had the worst jobs record since the Great Depression.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2023, 02:11 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Well you could have Trump who added $8 trillion to the debt, 9 trillion to the deficit, and left office with 3 million fewer jobs than when he entered. He mortgaged our future, and still had the worst jobs record since the Great Depression.
Now that Biden has eliminated Covid (cough, cough), I'll take the pre covid Trump over Biden any day, any way.

But, since he's done so well, surely the Dems want him in 2024.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:14 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Now that Biden has eliminated Covic (cough, cough), I'll take the pre covid Trump over Biden any day, any way.
As Elaine Chao wrote “ HAD HE FOCUSSED ON VACCINATIONS RATHER THAN “KIM JONG’S SCHLONG” MAYBE A MILLION AMERICANS WOULD NOT HAVE DIED.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2023, 02:38 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
As Elaine Chao wrote “ HAD HE FOCUSSED ON VACCINATIONS RATHER THAN “KIM JONG’S SCHLONG” MAYBE A MILLION AMERICANS WOULD NOT HAVE DIED.”
That's ridiculous speculation. And rather crude at that. And various Dems were saying not to trust the vaccine because Trump was responsible for getting it produced. There was, as expected, a bunch of back and forth political bull$hit going on. There are still a lot of folks dying from Covid now. I think I saw that slightly more died under Biden's regime than under Trump in about equal time frames. And that the vaccine does not, as originally promised, actually prevent getting Covid, nor prevent transmitting it. It just, supposedly, makes it less severe and helps older folks with pre-existing conditions to survive at a better rate.

So "focusing," as has been going on for the last three or four years does not prevent more transmission, as we can see as many are still getting it and dying from it.

Of course that's no big deal now because Biden ended the pandemic so there is no need to create weekly headlines about the number of deaths.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:06 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Michael Shellenberger is a journalist/activist for the environment and for homelessness. He was a registered democrat until last year, now he’s an independent. TIME magazine labeled him a “hero of the environment”. Not foxnews, but TIME.

In other words, He’s not Sean Hannity.

Musk gave him access to the Twitter files related to Hunters laptop. Here’s his take. It’s pretty obvious what happened here. There aren’t a lot of different conclusions one can arrive at. Shellenberger is a rare journalist who’s not blinded by ideology ( those exist on both sides), he goes where the truth takes him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/elon...gs-learned-fbi
It likely would have taken a few hours for the FBI to confirm that the laptop had belonged to Hunter Biden. Indeed, it only took a few days for the journalist Peter Schweizer to prove it. (See video from the tweet below.) And yet the FBI did nothing to investigate the many signs of criminal activity revealed by emails and other documents on the laptop.

And yet the FBI did nothing to investigate the many signs of criminal activity revealed by emails and other documents on the laptop.

Now I know why Jim and Fox News likes this guy he has no understanding of how justice works how evidence works

Based on this logic. I should be able to give the FBI a note and some paperwork I found and claimed
Jim had illegal business dealings a hooker on the side .which I thought were crimes

And the FBI should have taken all at face value and arrested and charged Jim. With my imaginary crimes the next day

But leave George Santos alone he did nothing wrong
Old 01-18-2023, 03:11 PM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
Now that Biden has eliminated Covid (cough, cough), I'll take the pre covid Trump over Biden any day, any way.

But, since he's done so well, surely the Dems want him in 2024.
I'll take the pre covid Trump

Is that before or after he tried to steal the election?
Old 01-18-2023, 03:14 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I'll take the pre covid Trump

Is that before or after he tried to steal the election?
When did you stop beating your wife?
Old 01-18-2023, 03:35 PM   #20
wdmso

Michael Shellenberger Interview With Tucker Carlson Seems he’s a favorite of Tuckers.

Some more How the radical Left turned America's cities into “slums” | Michael Shellenberger

Why renewables can’t save the planet | Michael Shellenberger

Shocking Jim would throw him out as some super liberal

Conservatives love their needle in a haystack
Old 01-18-2023, 04:55 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
here, CBS says it’s real. You know more than CBS? CBS is in on the right wing setup?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/cbs-co...oke-story/amp/
Old 01-18-2023, 07:05 PM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
here, CBS says it’s real. You know more than CBS? CBS is in on the right wing setup?

https://nypost.com/2022/11/21/cbs-co...oke-story/amp/

Jim’s logic the laptop is real .so by default so is everything on it…

Yet no one knows what was on before Rudy got a hold of it
Old 01-18-2023, 07:13 PM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
That's ridiculous speculation. And rather crude at that. And various Dems were saying not to trust the vaccine because Trump was responsible for getting it produced. There was, as expected, a bunch of back and forth political bull$hit going on. There are still a lot of folks dying from Covid now. I think I saw that slightly more died under Biden's regime than under Trump in about equal time frames. And that the vaccine does not, as originally promised, actually prevent getting Covid, nor prevent transmitting it. It just, supposedly, makes it less severe and helps older folks with pre-existing conditions to survive at a better rate.

So "focusing," as has been going on for the last three or four years does not prevent more transmission, as we can see as many are still getting it and dying from it.

Of course that's no big deal now because Biden ended the pandemic so there is no need to create weekly headlines about the number of deaths.
Dems were saying not to trust the vaccine because Trump was responsible for getting it produced.

Wow you’re deep down that rabbit hole ..

Dems we’re saying that because Trump was pushing the release of the vaccine to benefit him before the election. Not because he was responsible for getting it produced

Keep up the fantasies

The reality is the Maga horde and the anti vac crowd
Praised Trump and gave him all the credit for the vaccine production

Then refused to take it ! Lol
Old 01-18-2023, 07:49 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Apparently you’re wrong

Almost Twice as Many Republicans Died From COVID Before the Midterms Than Democrats:

After vaccines were widely available—the Republican excess death rate rose to nearly double that of Democrats, and this gap widened further in the winter of 2021.

They really owned the libs

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-18-2023, 09:39 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
Apparently you’re wrong

Almost Twice as Many Republicans Died From COVID Before the Midterms Than Democrats:

After vaccines were widely available—the Republican excess death rate rose to nearly double that of Democrats, and this gap widened further in the winter of 2021.

They really owned the libs
Nice joke about how many Dems vs Repubs died. I didn't know that they actually somehow checked what the party affiliation of every corpse was. Kind of ghoulish. Did they check their gender identification as well? Did the Cis outnumber the Trannies.

A quick look at various articles I came across, this from CNN Health: "preliminary data from Johns Hopkins University, compared with more than 350,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2020 and more than 475,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2021" when there were no vaccines in most of 2020 with first vax shots occurring in mid December, and vaccines administered through all of 2021. Which squares with what I said "I think I saw that slightly more died under Biden's regime than under Trump in about equal time frames"--being the last year (1920 for Trump) and first year under Biden (1921 under Biden). So I wasn't "wrong." Of course there are variables to consider, but Covid variants continue strong. It was not shocking, though, that as soon as Biden took over, there wasn't as much of this scary constant weekly headline tallying of covid deaths in the media and drummed by you in this forum.

But it's old news and who cares. And the death toll is up to 1,107,998+595 now. Of course, Elaine Chao, as you pointed out, says that "maybe" it's Trumps fault. Yeah, right.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:20 AM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Nice joke about how many Dems vs Repubs died. I didn't know that they actually somehow checked what the party affiliation of every corpse was. Kind of ghoulish. Did they check their gender identification as well? Did the Cis outnumber the Trannies.

A quick look at various articles I came across, this from CNN Health: "preliminary data from Johns Hopkins University, compared with more than 350,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2020 and more than 475,000 Covid-19 deaths in 2021" when there were no vaccines in most of 2020 with first vax shots occurring in mid December, and vaccines administered through all of 2021. Which squares with what I said "I think I saw that slightly more died under Biden's regime than under Trump in about equal time frames"--being the last year (1920 for Trump) and first year under Biden (1921 under Biden). So I wasn't "wrong." Of course there are variables to consider, but Covid variants continue strong. It was not shocking, though, that as soon as Biden took over, there wasn't as much of this scary constant weekly headline tallying of covid deaths in the media and drummed by you in this forum.

But it's old news and who cares. And the death toll is up to 1,107,998+595 now. Of course, Elaine Chao, as you pointed out, says that "maybe" it's Trumps fault. Yeah, right.
Actually it’s pretty simple
Based on death rates in counties and voting records

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-19-2023, 09:06 AM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
When did you stop beating your wife?
Did I hit a nerve? Won’t answer a simple before or after . Your just another of many cowards who support Trumps and his followers attempts to overturn a national election . Attempting to hide behind long Manifesto type responses .filled linguistic double talk. Conspiracy theories supported by The worlds geniuses on YouTube.

You fit the Unabomber profile perfectly Unabomber's writings were a "pivotal factor" to help pinpoint the age and geographic origin of their suspect.

I heard they had internet in federal prison Ted . Is it True
Old 01-19-2023, 09:37 AM   #28
Nebe

the laptop.. the ultimate tool for the 'whataboutism' cult. The GOP is enraged that Joe's son may have been given special treatment by foreign governemts for his own gain, but dont seem at all concerned by the fact that Trump maintained a secret bank account in China durring his whole presidency, that his daughter recieved several fast tracked patents in China and that his Son in law recieved a 2 billion payment from saudi arabia for his "hedge fund". And lets not forget to mention all of the crimes that all of the Trump family have already been convicted of.

But that laptop... boy oh boy...

pathetic hypocrisy.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Dems were saying not to trust the vaccine because Trump was responsible for getting it produced.

Wow you’re deep down that rabbit hole ..

Dems we’re saying that because Trump was pushing the release of the vaccine to benefit him before the election. Not because he was responsible for getting it produced

Oh, so the Dems were talking down the vaccine because the release of it before the election would benefit Trump.
Wow, that's a good reason to cause distrust of the vaccine--because it would benefit Trump. Does that mean that it would be OK to wait until after the election to release it? Dems constantly Blaming Trump for acting too slowly, but then saying wait awhile before releasing the vaccine. Hey, it was released before the election, Biden won, and then he claimed credit for pushing the vaccine.

Here's another way Biden and Harris talked it down, from FOX, (oh the horror, from FOX, it must be false)--:Biden repeatedly indicated only if there was enough "transparency" would he take the vaccine and that the "American people should not have confidence" in the vaccine developed by the Trump administration if his concerns weren't addressed.

Harris was heard during a CNN interview that getting a vaccine that's approved by the Trump administration would be "an issue for all of us" and "if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it" during the vice presidential debate.

Keep up the fantasies

Nah, it was pretty much in line with what I recollected but didn't remember it to the tee.

The reality is the Maga horde and the anti vac crowd
Praised Trump and gave him all the credit for the vaccine production

Then refused to take it ! Lol
Most Republicans did take the vaccine. Keep up the fantasies.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:46 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Most Republicans did take the vaccine. Keep up the fantasies.
Far to many Trumplicans poisoned themselves with the concoctions suggested by the Stable Genius and conspiracies promoted by him and right wing media.
A little light, some bleach, oleandrin and dewormer you’ll be fine.
Better than being injected with a micro chip or becoming a part of the biomedical security state.
Unfortunately more Republicans died from Covid but you can’t fix stupid.

Lets Go Darwin