Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2023, 11:59 AM   #1
Nebe

Why aren’t you guys debating about this assclown?

I hope he gets extradited to Brazil promptly.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/04/polit...zil/index.html
Old 01-04-2023, 12:08 PM   #2
Jim in CT

i think he should
be kicked out of congress.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:02 PM   #3
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i think he should
be kicked out of congress.

If he gets sworn in and then gets kicked out, does he get to collect a pension and health insurance for life?
Old 01-04-2023, 01:28 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
If he gets sworn in and then gets kicked out, does he get to collect a pension and health insurance for life?
probably!

what a jerk.

A sincere happy new year to you!
Old 01-04-2023, 01:34 PM   #5
Nebe

Same to you, sir.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-04-2023, 04:44 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
It doesn’t work that way

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-05-2023, 11:05 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
I hope he gets extradited to Brazil promptly.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/04/polit...zil/index.html
We tried but got the usual response. At 1st we’re What about Biden he lied or it’s only bad when Republicans do it But now it’s such a scandal opinions have evolved kewl:

But seeing only the Republicans in the House can remove him when he get sworn in

What’s going on now for speaker I don’t hold out much hope whom ever the speaker is will do anything…. Time will tell

Last edited by wdmso; 01-05-2023 at 11:11 AM..
Old 01-05-2023, 11:54 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We tried but got the usual response. At 1st we’re What about Biden he lied or it’s only bad when Republicans do it But now it’s such a scandal opinions have evolved kewl:

But seeing only the Republicans in the House can remove him when he get sworn in

What’s going on now for speaker I don’t hold out much hope whom ever the speaker is will do anything…. Time will tell
you lied, and left out that I clearly said he should be kicked out.

but you still haven’t explained why democrat lies are acceptable, but you dismiss the question thinking that’s a response.

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”
Old 01-05-2023, 12:33 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:

but you still haven’t explained why democrat lies are acceptable, but you dismiss the question thinking that’s a response.

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”

Nope you evolved to that conclusion and theirs nothing wrong with that

1st response Wayne, since you LOVE posting the misdeeds of obscure republicans no one has ever heard of, and assuming his actions speak for all Republicans...

6 or 7 response later. You did say i think he should be impeached
Old 01-11-2023, 02:44 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

I see the Nassau County GOP en masse has called for Santos resignation and removal.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:00 PM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

McCarthy will remain silent.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:53 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
McCarthy will remain silent.
precisely as you are silent about Bidens lies. or senator blumenthal. those are ok! because everything is ok when democrats do it!!!
Old 01-11-2023, 05:47 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

And Jim’s hits keep coming.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:48 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
And Jim’s hits keep coming.
and why am i wrong? are you not 100% ok with lies told by democrats?
Old 01-11-2023, 05:52 PM   #15
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I see the Nassau County GOP en masse has called for Santos resignation and removal.
Good for them. He is an embarrassment to our whole political system. Bad job on both parties for not vetting their own or their opponents candidates. This costs the Democrats one seat and I bet both parties spend more money next cycle vetting candidates.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:18 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
and why am i wrong? are you not 100% ok with lies told by democrats?
Well let me put it in terms even you can understand. If the lies spoken by democrats fill a wheelbarrow, those spoken by the republicans since Trump started their trip to the dark side, would fill a couple eighteen wheelers.
Old 01-11-2023, 06:28 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
Well let me put it in terms even you can understand. If the lies spoken by democrats fill a wheelbarrow, those spoken by the republicans since Trump started their trip to the dark side, would fill a couple eighteen wheelers.
Jim doesn’t even know what a lie is Got.
Old 01-11-2023, 10:11 PM   #18
wdmso

The cousin and cash handler for one of Russia’s most notorious oligarchs poured tens of thousands of dollars into electing a newly minted congressman-elect who called Ukraine’s government “a totalitarian regime.”

His name George Devolder-Santos

GOP Lier elect
Old 01-11-2023, 10:23 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim doesn’t even know what a lie is Got.
did biden lie when he said he was arrested with Nelson Mandela? Did Blumenthal lie for years when he said he served in the vietnam
war? Did hilary lie when she said she came under sniper fire in that overseas trip?

Let’s see who knows what a lie is.

i think the republican jerk should get kicked out. but if you don’t say the same thing about democrats who lie, you have no standing to complain when a republican does it.

make that wrongs.
Old 01-11-2023, 11:04 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
did biden lie when he said he was arrested with Nelson Mandela? Did Blumenthal lie for years when he said he served in the vietnam
war? Did hilary lie when she said she came under sniper fire in that overseas trip?

i think the republican jerk should get kicked out. but if you don’t say the same thing about democrats who lie, you have no standing to complain when a republican does it.

make that wrongs.
You off your meds?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-11-2023, 11:14 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

NY state GOP backs call for Rep. George Santos' resignation

Maybe DeSantis will appoint Jim to fill his seat…..
Old 01-12-2023, 06:29 AM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

make that wrongs.
Super duper Jim, three really consequential lies, vs tens of thousand very consequential lies by Trump and his minions and he and they are still lying to this very day. You are certainly winning the day with your outstanding defense of the current GOP, good job, keep up the good work, we need the entertainment.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:30 AM   #23
wdmso

Mostly All conservative live in this world of false equivalencies they dance around the bigger picture and find tiny similarities and then proclaim with See every does it Or individuals have committed the same Sin absence of any nuance or or matters of scale and scope and even intent . What I call intellectually dishonesty

its like suggesting a serial killer , and a drunk driver who killed some Are the same

or the election just one of many pushing a dubious interpretation of what happened in 2016 here 1 example

Glenn Youngkin: “In 2016, Democrats suggested that the election was stolen.
contention that the Democratic response in 2016 equates with the Republican response to 2020 runs into trouble. The Democrats, while questioning events that occurred during the campaign, didn’t contend there was widespread vote-counting fraud that flipped the election.

The Democratic leaders cited by Youngkin’s office also made a distinction about 2016 that Trump and his followers did not about 2020. While the Democrats rejected the legitimacy of Trump’s presidency based on the oddities of the campaign, they acknowledged that he won the election. and did not attack the capitol At the Suggestion and direction of the POTUS

And we see this again play out with Bidens 10 or 15 Documents with THe GOP screaming Bidens being treated Differently..than Trump of course His being treated differently

Biden he hasn't claimed they were planted he hasn't claimed he declassified them. He didn't go to court to claim executive privilege He them turned over immediately and the also decided to to look for more .

Biden 15 Documents 10 plus years Old

Trump 100 documents 4 years Old

Both should not have been in either location .. still waiting to see how many have actual been declassified
Old 01-12-2023, 08:37 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

In 2 years, George DeSantos went from being destitute and unable to pay his rent to lending his campaign $705,000.

Where did that money come from?
Old 01-12-2023, 10:19 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Super duper Jim, three really consequential lies, vs tens of thousand very consequential lies by Trump and his minions and he and they are still lying to this very day. You are certainly winning the day with your outstanding defense of the current GOP, good job, keep up the good work, we need the entertainment.
He quotes the same old few things and TRIES to say it is the same as the thousand of lies told by Trump. Apologies mean nothing to Jim.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:00 PM   #26
PaulS

Looks like Santos is Biden's fault:

Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-NY) said, according to Raw Story, that it’s Biden’s fault because he “sets a bad example for young people like George Santos.” Santos is 34 and his trouble with the law – at least with Brazilian law – started well before Biden’s presidency. Santos’s first, failed campaign for Congress also occurred before Biden was president.

Tenney said that ethics don’t matter in politics because there are people like Biden but didn’t explain further.

Her comments are similar to those made by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) in December. Greene defended Santos, saying that Democrats have lied in the past so it’s not immoral for Santos to have made up an entire life history. Many of her examples of Democratic lies were themselves lies, including an accusation that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) married her brother and lied about it, which is not true and is a disgusting rumor made up by the far-right to attack the Black and Muslim Congresswoman.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:22 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He quotes the same old few things and TRIES to say it is the same as the thousand of lies told by Trump. Apologies mean nothing to Jim.
so if santos apologies, you have no further concerns? Sure paul. Sure.

self serving apologies from a politician who wants to stay in power, mean very very little.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:27 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
who told tens of thousands of lies? Santos?

i’m not comparing trump to anyone. I’m comparing Santos lies to Bidens and to Blumenthals . the fact that none of you can counter that other then to insult me, tells me i’m right.

if blumenthal lies about serving in vietnam, how is that less a consequential than santos lying about where he went to school?

if Biden lies about getting attested with Nelson Mandela, or Hilary lies about getting shot at by a sniper, by what standard are those lies less consequential that Santos lying about where he went to school?

Just clearly explain why Santos is worse.

And Ive said he should be kicked out. so i’m consistent. unlike you guys.

And i never said trump lies the same amount as biden or
anyone.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:50 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

If you’re confused about why a pathological narcissist shouldn’t be in a position of power, consider this:

Just hours after the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, 147 Republicans lawmakers voted to overturn then-president Donald Trump’s election loss, following months of his baseless claims that the November U.S. election had been stolen.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:36 PM   #30
wdmso

Republicans are just so desperate!

They can’t seem to grasp that nothing anyone else did or does changes what Trump did.

Biden chose to follow the protocols concerning mishandling classified information, Trump chose to ignore them.

I wonder how many members of the House, Senate and the SCOTUS are rifling through their house, summer house, Dad’s house, plane, boat, etc. looking for classified documents they forgot about?

And I wonder if any of them will have the integrity to return them, instead of burning them in their fireplace?