Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-08-2023, 09:09 PM   #121
wdmso

Rep. Comer: I'm 'Not Convinced' McCarthy Won't Be Vacated

Yep he’s in on it …

Says the guy whos Ranking Member James Comer (R-Ky.) opened today’s second House Committee on Oversight and Reform hearing about the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by chastising Democrats for holding a partisan show hearing that is unlikely to uncover any new information.

Seems much new information was released

Comer joined with his MAGA ally Jim Jordan and sent a letter to the House Judiciary and Oversight committees calling for hearings on the “integrity of the 2020 election” claiming baseless allegations of “irregularities and improprieties.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-08-2023, 11:30 PM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“some people
thought they were better off.”

not “some”. A record. about 58%. what facts do you have, to support your assertion that Trumps policies had nothing to do with it?

if people only moved from NY to FL for sunshine, and politics had nothing to do with it, common sense says some would move to CA. there’s sunshine and jobs in CA. but so many more go to FL. why?

does CA not have sunshine and jobs?

you’re embarrassing yourself.
Trump lost

People move from NY to CT also.

People are also moving from red to blue states and the vast majority of the ones I know who have taken Florida residency are retired.

Tampa was the only city in the country with double digit inflation this year.

But just keep believing and embarrassing yourself.
Remember you’re a grown man who has a wee wee. 🤦

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2023, 07:02 AM   #123
Pete F.
Canceled

DeSantis is currently giving refuge to not one but two different former presidents whose supporters tried to tear down their governments because of an election loss.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:03 AM   #124
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
DeSantis is currently giving refuge to not one but two different former presidents whose supporters tried to tear down their governments because of an election loss.

Some current comments from people the freedom caucus love

Steve Brannon. Lula stole the Election… Brazilians know this," he wrote repeatedly on the social media site Gettr. He called the people who stormed the buildings "Freedom Fighters".

Ali Alexander. The National Supreme Court is illegitimate and the most corrupt pastrami of the country they doesn’t respect the law of the people. Do what Evers necessary. We love you

yep from domestic Terrorist to international Terrorist

Normally the A-1 is canceled after the recipient leaves office. But with Bolsonaro having left Brazil and entered the United States before his term ended, the official suspected his A-1 is still active.

It will get interesting if Brazil wants him. Back I am sure the US will send him back.. if they ask

But I doubt Brazil will , want that for obvious reason. And I doubt the US will remove him soon as long as he quite

What do you think the over /under is he shows up on Tucker ?
Old 01-09-2023, 09:16 AM   #125
wdmso

It’s Already starting

Rep. Mike Waltz, R-Fla., said on Sunday that he is for a balanced budget, but not if it means cutting defense spending.

Then he’s not for a balanced budget . Because that’s were the money is
Old 01-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #126
wdmso

House, with its new Republican majority in place, plans to vote this coming week on a resolution to create a special judiciary subcommittee on the "weaponization of the federal government," a topic the GOP has indicated could include reviewing probes into former president Donald Trump,

This is part of GOP's fulfillment of its promise to its voters for wide-ranging investigations into law enforcement and national security agencies.

The panel would be overseen by Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who is also set to become the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee

Yep the man who refused a congressional Subpoena. And who’s party and followers attacked the Capitol who’s president tried to steal the election.

Have the balls to claim Biden is weaponizing the federal government against its people.
This is some dangerous rhetoric. . Their loading the gun for 2024 when and if they lose again

I can’t wait till everyone icalled to testify does a Jim Jordan and refuses a subpoena takes the fifth for every question
Old 01-09-2023, 09:32 AM   #127
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
It’s Already starting

Rep. Mike Waltz, R-Fla., said on Sunday that he is for a balanced budget, but not if it means cutting defense spending.

Then he’s not for a balanced budget . Because that’s were the money is
there’s not one cent spent elsewhere. nope. is it possible that there’s some unnecessary spending in the military budget that can be cut?

How about big fat covid relief payments to huge numbers of americans who didn’t need them? there’s no waste like that to be cut? None?

I read that the GOP wants to end SS and Medicare, and take the money that’s in there now, and divide it up amongst themselves. and they’re going to send poison in the mail to poor people, and require that once a day, every single american find a golden retriever puppy, and kick it in the face.

the last balanced budget was crafted by Bill Clinton and a republican congress led by Newt Gingrich. Did the world come to an end? or has history viewed it as great policy?

“like everything else, balanced budgets are only ok when democrats do it.”

i’m old enough to remember the last time the GOP was in charge, way way way back, eons ago, in 2017. Until covid hit, 2017-2020 was considered a prosperous and peaceful
time. wasn’t it?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-09-2023 at 09:38 AM..
Old 01-09-2023, 09:51 AM   #128
wdmso

Quote:
there’s not one cent spent elsewhere. nope. is it possible that there’s some unnecessary spending in the military budget that can be cut?

How about big fat covid relief payments to huge numbers of americans who didn’t need them? there’s no waste like that to be cut? None?

I read that the GOP wants to end SS and Medicare, and take the money that’s in there now, and divide it up amongst themselves. and they’re going to send poison in the mail to poor people, and require that once a day, every single american find a golden retriever puppy, and kick it in the face. that’s why i voted for them, so they better deliver, dam
it!

the last balanced budget was crafted by Bill Clinton and a republican congress led by Newt Gingrich. Did the world come to an end? or has history viewed it as great policy?

“like everything else, balanced budgets are only ok when democrats do it.”
Well Jim the truth is only the Democrats have ever done a balanced budget since Clinton . this is all smoke and mirrors keep believing the lies . like I said they only want to be fiscally responsible when the other parties in charge.

And of course you missed the point they don’t want to look for any money in the military budget . I said that was going to happen and presto not 2 days after the speaker was seated that’s the message from the GOP

They want to take it from Social Security Medicare and other programs that help all Americans That’s not even up for debate it’s a known fact

These clowns are not taking a Scalpel to balance the budget. Their going to use a chainsaw and a wood chipper and hostages to dismantle any form of what they see is social welfare in the country and replace it with nothing.

We know you’re excited like many other conservatives . Who’s only concern is that in the next 2 year they own the libs and feed every fantasy from hunters laptop to the federal government being weaponized against the American people.. it’s not a search of Truth
It’s all well choreographed play. They will drag out in till 2024 in hopes of influencing the election While claiming transparency…

The worst part is Jim we’ve all seen the movie before
Old 01-09-2023, 10:03 AM   #129
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If Trump didn't ruin this party, go take apart social security and Medicare, that will be the end of the party. All those retired republicans in FL will love that idea won't they Jim? Jim why the greatest hits, the only one believing them is you, why keep posting them, everyone knows Trump inherited a robust economy, it only makes sense people were doing better when he took office and until covid hit.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:13 AM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well Jim the truth is only the Democrats have ever done a balanced budget since Clinton . this is all smoke and mirrors keep believing the lies . like I said they only want to be fiscally responsible when the other parties in charge.

And of course you missed the point they don’t want to look for any money in the military budget . I said that was going to happen and presto not 2 days after the speaker was seated that’s the message from the GOP

They want to take it from Social Security Medicare and other programs that help all Americans That’s not even up for debate it’s a known fact

These clowns are not taking a Scalpel to balance the budget. Their going to use a chainsaw and a wood chipper and hostages to dismantle any form of what they see is social welfare in the country and replace it with nothing.

We know you’re excited like many other conservatives . Who’s only concern is that in the next 2 year they own the libs and feed every fantasy from hunters laptop to the federal government being weaponized against the American people.. it’s not a search of Truth
It’s all well choreographed play. They will drag out in till 2024 in hopes of influencing the election While claiming transparency…

The worst part is Jim we’ve all seen the movie before
"Well Jim the truth is only the Democrats have ever done a balanced budget since Clinton"

When, after Bill Clinton was president, did the democrats balance the federal budget?

Look, I have said many times I give the GOP a big fat F on this issue. When campaigning, republicans claim to want a balanced budget, then once elected, they fail to deliver.

But if you're trying to say that democrats are more fiscally responsible than republicans, I'm not sure Americans would buy it.

"They want to take it from Social Security Medicare "

SS and Medicare are rapidly going broke. It's very easy to say they shouldn't be cut. Tell me where the money comes from.

Democrats have never cut social security and medicare? Democrats have never raised the minimum age to get benefits, which is a cut?

WDMSO, due respect, but maybe you spent too much time in the public sector where you just expect the money will be always there because it's confiscated, and not enough time in the private sector, where you learn that there are limits to what you can spend, you can't spend more than there is. That's not an attempt at giving you the middle finger, it's just an observation based on your consistent comments that there's an endless supply of money.

The surplus in SS is running out. So either we raise taxes meaningfully, or we cut benefits. We've known this was coming for 40 years, and we've done nothing, because we elect people who are pretty and famous, not people who actually know how to solve problems.

SS can not continue as is for long, it's going to be bankrupt in about 14 years. Either we keep benefits where they are and enact big tax hikes to pay for it, or we reduce benefits to what can be funded. That's called "reality".

Both parties have chosen to ignore that reality, because they didn't want to speak unpopular truth.

If you're opposed to cutting benefits, that's a great bumper sticker. But it doesn't tell us how you'd pay for it.

How much debt are you comfortable with leaving to future generations? Is there any limit?

"The worst part is Jim we’ve all seen the movie before"

Yes we did. The Russia hoax investigation.

Social Security was designed to help people in the last years of their lives. It wasn't built to fund decades of greens fees for huge numbers of Baby Boomers. But cowardly politicians wanted those votes, so they chose not to reign it in.

It became a Ponzi Scheme, that's exactly what it is, and those all meet the same inevitable ending. This is why teachers unions cunningly got their teachers exempt from this awful trap.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:35 AM   #131
Pete F.
Canceled

US tax to GDP ratio is one of the lowest among OECD countries and US corporate tax rates are also the lowest among the G7 nations and half of what they were in the 50s and 60s.
We can make the choice to get our healthcare expenditures under control or continue down the path of increasing costs and decreasing results that we are on causing the USA to be the only developed country in the world where medical bankruptcy is a threat and life expectancy is declining.
Poor victim crying poverty is absurd but it fits his narrative.
Old 01-09-2023, 11:55 AM   #132
wdmso

Quote:
"Well Jim the truth is only the Democrats have ever done a balanced budget since Clinton"

When, after Bill Clinton was president, did the democrats balance the federal budget?

Look, I have said many times I give the GOP a big fat F on this issue. When campaigning, republicans claim to want a balanced budget, then once elected, they fail to deliver.

But if you're trying to say that democrats are more fiscally responsible than republicans, I'm not sure Americans would buy it. Dems have never claimed to be but Government deficits always trend lower when their in office . americans understand what policies are passed to Help them and the Nation and which party pass stuff to help big business and the wealthy they Buy that

"They want to take it from Social Security Medicare "

SS and Medicare are rapidly going broke. It's very easy to say they shouldn't be cut. Tell me where the money comes from.

Democrats have never cut social security and medicare? Democrats have never raised the minimum age to get benefits, which is a cut?
the difference Jim is and you know it Dems want to fix these programs republicans want to end them or even crazier privitize them and a age increase is not a cut if its grandfathered in

WDMSO, due respect, but maybe you spent too much time in the public sector where you just expect the money will be always there because it's confiscated, and not enough time in the private sector, where you learn that there are limits to what you can spend, you can't spend more than there is. That's not an attempt at giving you the middle finger, it's just an observation based on your consistent comments that there's an endless supply of money.

Being in public service hasn't clouded any of my Judgments Republican behavior over 30years has made their intent very clear
but dont be fooled not of the cut republicans wish to find will be made to help the SS surplus

The surplus in SS is running out. So either we raise taxes meaningfully, or we cut benefits. We've known this was coming for 40 years, and we've done nothing, because we elect people who are pretty and famous, not people who actually know how to solve problems.

SS can not continue as is for long, it's going to be bankrupt in about 14 years. Either we keep benefits where they are and enact big tax hikes to pay for it, or we reduce benefits to what can be funded. That's called "reality".

Both parties have chosen to ignore that reality, because they didn't want to speak unpopular truth.

If you're opposed to cutting benefits, that's a great bumper sticker. But it doesn't tell us how you'd pay for it.

How much debt are you comfortable with leaving to future generations? Is there any limit?

"The worst part is Jim we’ve all seen the movie before"

Yes we did. The Russia hoax investigation. Can't get convictions on Hoaxes jim. and seems attempts to overthrow the Government by a sitting POTUS is no big deal but hunters laptop is

Social Security was designed to help people in the last years of their lives. It wasn't built to fund decades of greens fees for huge numbers of Baby Boomers. But cowardly politicians wanted those votes, so they chose not to reign it in.

It became a Ponzi Scheme, that's exactly what it is, and those all meet the same inevitable ending. This is why teachers unions cunningly got their teachers exempt from this awful trap.

I didn't pay into SS on my state job. I contributed into the states pension fund . and my own deferred comp plan .. but it was never to avoid SS

This is why teachers unions cunningly got their teachers exempt from this awful trap yep keep thinking thats what happened

Social Security is the major source of income for most of the elderly.
AKA the bulk of GOP voters
Old 01-09-2023, 12:11 PM   #133
Jim in CT

WDMSO -

"Government deficits always trend lower when their in office "

Depends on if you're talking about potus or congress, and what events were taking place at the time. I don't claim that at the national level, the GOP is any better with actions, but they make promises they don't keep.

"which party pass stuff to help big business and the wealthy"

That's perception. Reality, is that the left is wealthier than the right and that big business donates more to democrats now. That wasn't always the case, but its the case today.

"Dems want to fix these programs"

Wrong. Dems "claim" they want to fix them, by opposing cuts. But they never tell you what needs to be done to avoid cuts, and they never tell you where that money will come from., The easiest thing in the world, is for a politician to make promises.

"and a age increase is not a cut if its grandfathered in"

Yes it is. It's telling me that I will get less. That's a cut. I can't get benefits until I'm 67.5, my dad started getting benefits when he was way younger. That's a cut. It's way to save money. And I'm not saying it's bad, but don't tell me it's not a cut in benefits. Even if the raise the age way before I was ready to start collecting, it's a cut.

"Being in public service hasn't clouded any of my Judgments"

Respectfully, I disagree. You think the solution is always to spend more money. And you think that every time a Republican suggests we live within our means, they don't care about the poor. I've been in the public sector, and almost everyone there feels exactly the same way. Never any concern, ever, for if they are demanding too much from their neighbors.

"Can't get convictions on Hoaxes jim"

Right!! No innocent person has ever been convicted! Never! By the way, what was Trump convicted of? Nothing.

"yep keep thinking thats what happened"

Are you denying that teachers are exempt from SS? They don't pay one cent into it. Nor do they collect obviously, but their pensions (at least in CT) are several times more lucrative than SS. I know many public teachers whose pensions are over $70k a year, starting much younger than I'll be eligible for SS payments, which won't be anywhere near that high. And I pay more into SS than Connecticut teachers pay into their pensions.

I'll ask again, is there any limit to the amount of debt which you feel entitled to pass onto future generations? Is there any limit? And are we anywhere near that limit?
Old 01-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #134
Jim in CT

Quote:
Social Security is the major source of income for most of the elderly.
:
I agree. That doesn't mean, that it's not going broke.

I asked you how you'd fund it, since you oppose cutting it, and you dodged.

Wayne, if you don't know how to fund it, it's not right to attack those who say benefits need to be cut, because you offer zero evidence that it doesn't need to be cut.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:45 PM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

The tale that Democrats are leftists and Republicans are rightists is absurd at best.
The Democratic Party is Centrist at best with the exception of the Progressive wing while the Republican Party has grown more and more authoritarian.

The actual existing line up of elected Republicans across the nation is worse than before--with Reps. Cheney, Kinzinger, and Upton gone, Sens. Portman, Toomey, and Burr gone, Govs. Hogan and Baker gone.

The GOP is more extreme and authoritarian than ever.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:32 PM   #136
Jim in CT

Quote:
The tale that Democrats are leftists and Republicans are rightists is absurd at best.
The Democratic Party is Centrist at best with the exception of the Progressive wing while the Republican Party has grown more and more authoritarian.

The actual existing line up of elected Republicans across the nation is worse than before--with Reps. Cheney, Kinzinger, and Upton gone, Sens. Portman, Toomey, and Burr gone, Govs. Hogan and Baker gone.

The GOP is more extreme and authoritarian than ever.
"The Democratic Party is Centrist at best"

Sure, sure. Abortions until the 9th month, defund the police, men sharing bathrooms with little girls, open borders, endless scope to federal government. All centrist ideas for sure.

"the Republican Party has grown more and more authoritarian."

Say that all you want, it doesn't make it less stupid. The GOP wants a much smaller federal government presence, than the democrats. That you can deny that with a straight face, shows how bonkers you are.

"The GOP is more extreme and authoritarian than ever."

Sure Pete. Sure.

Extremist republicans want less federal government, more freedoms. They don't want zero federal government, but nowhere near what the democrats advocate for.

Take off the tin foil hat and talk sense.
Old 01-09-2023, 04:10 PM   #137
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"The Democratic Party is Centrist at best"

Sure, sure. Abortions until the 9th month, defund the police, men sharing bathrooms with little girls, open borders, endless scope to federal government. All centrist ideas for sure.

"the Republican Party has grown more and more authoritarian."

Say that all you want, it doesn't make it less stupid. The GOP wants a much smaller federal government presence, than the democrats. That you can deny that with a straight face, shows how bonkers you are.

"The GOP is more extreme and authoritarian than ever."

Sure Pete. Sure.

Extremist republicans want less federal government, more freedoms. They don't want zero federal government, but nowhere near what the democrats advocate for.

Take off the tin foil hat and talk sense.
You repeat right wing tropes and think I should wear a tinfoil hat…

Abortion is between patient and doctor, ask your doctor what would happen to a licensed medical professional if they killed a viable midterm fetus.
Oddly enough the police funding has increased, results have not because police don’t prevent crime. They show up after it happens. Crime prevention starts with funding social programs and creating opportunity.
Republicans spend a lot of time worrying about what perverts like their leaders Matt Gaetz, Trump and Matt Schlap do and accuse Dems of enabling them.

Open Borders is the cry that every would be immigrant has heard from Republicans, once again enforcement has been greater with a democratic administration.
The federal spending bill that Congress passed last month includes increased funding for border security and the hiring of more agents.

More than 85% of Republicans in Congress voted against it.

Before you take the GOP's “concerns” about the border seriously, check their votes.

82% of our national debt was by Republicans.
But Republicans are suddenly concerned about the government spending on the average American and perfectly willing to cut taxes for corporations, the rich and then cut enforcement for what they do owe.

Republicans lost interest in governing the minute they sold their souls to Trump. Best evidence is the "content" of their 2020 party platform.

Feel free to spew some more baloney

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2023, 04:32 PM   #138
wdmso

Quote:
WDMSO -

"Government deficits always trend lower when their in office "

Depends on if you're talking about potus or congress, and what events were taking place at the time. I don't claim that at the national level, the GOP is any better with actions, but they make promises they don't keep.

"which party pass stuff to help big business and the wealthy"

That's perception. Reality, is that the left is wealthier than the right and that big business donates more to democrats now. That wasn't always the case, but its the case today.

"Dems want to fix these programs"

Wrong. Dems "claim" they want to fix them, by opposing cuts. But they never tell you what needs to be done to avoid cuts, and they never tell you where that money will come from., The easiest thing in the world, is for a politician to make promises.

"and a age increase is not a cut if its grandfathered in"

Yes it is. It's telling me that I will get less. That's a cut. I can't get benefits until I'm 67.5, my dad started getting benefits when he was way younger. That's a cut. It's way to save money. And I'm not saying it's bad, but don't tell me it's not a cut in benefits. Even if the raise the age way before I was ready to start collecting, it's a cut.

Jim your logic is flawed grandfathered means example when if your 40 or younger you collect at the new age and don’t get mad at me it’s Republicans who want to change the Age and I bet they won’t grandfather anyone

"Being in public service hasn't clouded any of my Judgments"

Respectfully, I disagree. You think the solution is always to spend more money. And you think that every time a Republican suggests we live within our means, they don't care about the poor. I've been in the public sector, and almost everyone there feels exactly the same way. Never any concern, ever, for if they are demanding too much from their neighbors.

every time a Republican suggests we live within our means, It’s when their not in power Funny how that works. If they were serious the Military budget would be on the table but it’s not.
I love this argument we should run the government like families run their budget What a joke

"Can't get convictions on Hoaxes jim"

Right!! No innocent person has ever been convicted! Never! By the way, what was Trump convicted of? Nothing.

Oh now their innocent

"yep keep thinking thats what happened"

Are you denying that teachers are exempt from SS? They don't pay one cent into it. Nor do they collect obviously, but their pensions (at least in CT) are several times more lucrative than SS. I know many public teachers whose pensions are over $70k a year, starting much younger than I'll be eligible for SS payments, which won't be anywhere near that high. And I pay more into SS than Connecticut teachers pay into their pensions.

No you don’t Jim stop hating Union because they’re benefiting from being in a union

The Top 10 / Bottom 10 States by Average Quality of Retirement Benefits for New Teachers
South Carolina (94.2%)
Tennessee (88.2%)
South Dakota (78.7%)
Oregon (78.6%)
Michigan (75.3%)
Washington (74.4%)
Rhode Island (73.9%)
Florida (73.7%)
Hawaii (71.0%)
Virginia (70.7%)

… 36 Connecticut Pension score is 53.80% how can red states have teachers with better pensions than CT

I'll ask again, is there any limit to the amount of debt which you feel entitled to pass onto future generations? Is there any limit? And are we anywhere near that limit?
What your answer Jim? Seems you were silent with Trumps unfunded tax cuts and his debt , Republicans had no problem with Iraq and Afghanistan were unfunded

Since invading Afghanistan in 2001, the United States has spent $2.313 trillion on the war, which includes operations in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. But Biden saved money leaving but the GOP wants to investigate

Republicans could give a f. K about future generations Just look at them on climate or renewal energy or electric cars. But keep thinking that’s why the next 2 years is going to be a circus like we’ve never seen in the history or the United States of America

Here some knowledge for ya

the average Social Security retirement benefit in January 2022 was about $1,614 per month, or about $19,370 per year.

Without Social Security benefits, about 4 in 10 adults aged 65 and older would have incomes below the poverty line

Social Security benefits lift 1.1 million children above the poverty line

Over 6.5 million children under age 18 lived in families who received income from Social Security

Fact #9: Social Security is especially beneficial for women.

Social Security is especially important for women, because they tend to earn less than men, take more time out of the paid workforce, live longer, accumulate less savings, and receive smaller pensions.

Keep convincing yourself Republicans are trying to save social Security and their trying to help their fellow Americans live a better life. With a balanced budget

To Republicans Social Security is Welfarism Why would they want to cut or privatize Social Security? Because they’ve wanted to do it for 87 years. Because, despite its popularity , their ideology and self-interest demand it. And because, as Republican judges, governors, and presidents have demonstrated, the party has no interest in preserving democratic norms.

Last edited by wdmso; 01-09-2023 at 04:56 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
What your answer Jim? Seems you were silent with Trumps unfunded tax cuts and his debt , Republicans had no problem with Iraq and Afghanistan were unfunded

Since invading Afghanistan in 2001, the United States has spent $2.313 trillion on the war, which includes operations in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. But Biden saved money leaving but the GOP wants to investigate

Republicans could give a f. K about future generations Just look at them on climate or renewal energy or electric cars. But keep thinking that’s why the next 2 years is going to be a circus like we’ve never seen in the history or the United States of America

Here some knowledge for ya

the average Social Security retirement benefit in January 2022 was about $1,614 per month, or about $19,370 per year.

Without Social Security benefits, about 4 in 10 adults aged 65 and older would have incomes below the poverty line

Social Security benefits lift 1.1 million children above the poverty line

Over 6.5 million children under age 18 lived in families who received income from Social Security

Fact #9: Social Security is especially beneficial for women.

Social Security is especially important for women, because they tend to earn less than men, take more time out of the paid workforce, live longer, accumulate less savings, and receive smaller pensions.

Keep convincing yourself Republicans are trying to save social Security and their trying to help their fellow Americans live a better life. With a balanced budget

To Republicans Social Security is Welfarism Why would they want to cut or privatize Social Security? Because they’ve wanted to do it for 87 years. Because, despite its popularity , their ideology and self-interest demand it. And because, as Republican judges, governors, and presidents have demonstrated, the party has no interest in preserving democratic norms.
OK, YOU said it was wrong for the GOP to propose cuts to those programs, so I asked you how you'd pay for it, and you won't answer.

Wayne, NO ONE is arguing that SS helps people. I'm asking you, how you'd pay for current benefits, because the program is going broke.

Do you ever, ever, ever answer a question the way it's been asked?

"What your answer Jim?"

Find a structure of benefits that can be funded with current taxes. That's my answer. If that means cutting benefits, then that means cutting benefits. Maybe time to tell people who make a million bucks a year, they can't collect. Start there. But that won't be nearly enough.

Here's how this went.

WDMSO: Republicans are bad, they want to cut SS.

Jim: it's going broke. if you don't reduce benefits, how would you pay for it?

WDMSO: People like getting checks in the mail. They need those checks. How can you be so mean?

WDMSO, you also said that after Clinton was President, only democrats balanced the federal budget. I asked you to comment on that, because the fact is, the budget has never been balanced since Clinton and Gingrich did it. So you just make stuff up out of thin air, you make up blatant lies.

"And I pay more into SS than Connecticut teachers pay into their pensions.

No you don’t Jim stop hating Union"

OK, now you deny that I pay more into SS, than CT teachers pay into their pensions

Prepare to be exposed as a liar again.

From investopedia, the 2022 tax rate for SS contributions was 12.4%.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s...curity-tax.asp

Here, a CT newspaper states that Connecticut teachers contribute 7% of their salary to their pension.

https://ctmirror.org/2019/01/10/fact...alth-benefits/

Enlighten is, oh brilliant Wayne., is 12.4 less than 7...or is it more than 7?

"Seems you were silent with Trumps unfunded tax cuts and his debt"

I've said here a thousand times, that Trump gets a big, fat F on spending and fiscal responsibility. You're just lying, lying, lying.

Bitch slapped. Completely, utterly, bitch slapped.

"Republicans could give a f. K about future generations"

A very rational, cogent argument. You know you don't have facts or common sense on your side, so all you have is demonstrable lies and deranged, paranoid bile.

Say hi to Pete for me, when you see him at the mental hospital.

I tried Wayne, I really did. You cannot have a discussion. It's not possible.

Wayne's math! 7 is greater than 12.4!!

Think about this...not only do CT teachers pay way less into their pension than I pay into SS...their benefit is much higher...their annual benefit is 75% of the average of their 3 highest annual salaries, which can easily top 75k. What's the maximum SS benefit, 40k? And while I can't collect SS until I'm 67.5, teachers can collect after 37.5 years of service, which is age 59.5 if you start at age 22.

So teachers contribute way less, get a much higher benefit, and start collecting that benefit many years earlier.

And if SS is going bankrupt, you can bet that CT teacher pensions are going bankrupt faster.

That's not hating teachers Wayne. It's arithmetic. Arithmetic does not give a frog's fat azz if you don't like it. It is what it is.

You, who want endless funds from the public who has to sacrifice more and more all the time, are the one that doesn't give a darn about future generations. You don't care how much debt you saddle them with, as long as some of that pork is flowing into your pocket.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:07 PM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well Jim the truth is only the Democrats have ever done a balanced budget since Clinton .
Fact - there has never been a balanced budget since Clinton, neither by democrats nor Republicans. Pease tell us what the heck you are talking about.

https://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ce-the-budget/
Old 01-09-2023, 06:38 PM   #141
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
OK, YOU said it was wrong for the GOP to propose cuts to those programs, so I asked you how you'd pay for it, and you won't answer.

Wayne, NO ONE is arguing that SS helps people. I'm asking you, how you'd pay for current benefits, because the program is going broke.

"What your answer Jim?"

Find a structure of benefits that can be funded with current taxes. That's my answer. If that means cutting benefits, then that means cutting benefits. Maybe time to tell people who make a million bucks a year, they can't collect. Start there. But that won't be nearly enough.

Here's how this went.

WDMSO: People like getting checks in the mail. They need those checks. How can you be so mean?

WDMSO, you also said that after Clinton was President, only democrats balanced the federal budget. I asked you to comment on that, because the fact is, the budget has never been balanced since Clinton and Gingrich did it. So you just make stuff up out of thin air, you make up blatant lies.

OK, now you deny that I pay more into SS, than CT teachers pay into their pensions

Here, a CT newspaper states that Connecticut teachers contribute 7% of their salary to their pension.

I've said here a thousand times, that Trump gets a big, fat F on spending and fiscal responsibility. You're just lying, lying, lying.

A very rational, cogent argument. You know you don't have facts or common sense on your side, so all you have is demonstrable lies and deranged, paranoid bile.

Think about this...not only do CT teachers pay way less into their pension than I pay into SS...their benefit is much higher...their annual benefit is 75% of the average of their 3 highest annual salaries, which can easily top 75k. What's the maximum SS benefit, 40k? And while I can't collect SS until I'm 67.5, teachers can collect after 37.5 years of service, which is age 59.5 if you start at age 22.

So teachers contribute way less, get a much higher benefit, and start collecting that benefit many years earlier.

And if SS is going bankrupt, you can bet that CT teacher pensions are going bankrupt faster.

That's not hating teachers Wayne. It's arithmetic. Arithmetic does not give a frog's fat azz if you don't like it. It is what it is.

You, who want endless funds from the public who has to sacrifice more and more all the time, are the one that doesn't give a darn about future generations. You don't care how much debt you saddle them with, as long as some of that pork is flowing into your pocket.
Poor victim
Nobody with a wee wee will ever be an alpha male, that’s why you’re only capable of acting like a teenager.

Never mind that poverty and lack of healthcare are rampant in Republican states, but Floriduh….

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2023, 06:48 PM   #142
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Any bets on if McCarthy lasts even one year? The GOP has always had their inter party battles, Gingrich, Boehner, Ryan and who would be next?
Old 01-09-2023, 08:26 PM   #143
Pete F.
Canceled

The HouseGOP's very first bill of this Congress would if they controlled the Senate and Presidency:

1) Cut IRS funding
2) Thus making it easier for tax cheats to thrive
3) Increase the deficit by $114 billion over the next 10 years

More great stuff from the party of "law and order" and "fiscal responsibility.”
Old 01-09-2023, 08:30 PM   #144
Jim in CT

Quote:
The HouseGOP's very first bill of this Congress would if they controlled the Senate and Presidency:

1) Cut IRS funding
2) Thus making it easier for tax cheats to thrive
3) Increase the deficit by $114 billion over the next 10 years

More great stuff from the party of "law and order" and "fiscal responsibility.”
i thought slaughtering the poor would be in the top 3? the 4th Reich is upon us.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:34 PM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Any bets on if McCarthy lasts even one year? The GOP has always had their inter party battles, Gingrich, Boehner, Ryan and who would be next?
Is this where the Brits compared the PM longevity to a head of lettuce, as Americans, might I suggest a 🥩

Of the four GOP US House speakers in modern times…#^&
Newt Gingrich quit in frustration in ’98
Denny Hastert served 8 years (later convicted of finance and sex crimes)
John Boehner quit in frustration in ’15
Paul Ryan quit in frustration in ’18

It’s systemic, not personal.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2023, 08:46 PM   #146
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i thought slaughtering the poor would be in the top 3? the 4th Reich is upon us.
If the Republicans kill too many more of the poorly educated whites, they’ll never get re-elected.

But don’t worry the House just adopted a rules package with only one Republican voting against it. Not only does it get rid of the House Ethics Committee, but it also makes Kevin McCarthy truly Speaker in name only now. He has absolutely no control over his caucus.

Why would anyone be surprised? This is, after all, the same gang who voted to not certify the results of the 2020 election. And supported the coup. There is no rehabilitating these people, even as Marge tries to put some space between herself & Q. The Reprehensible Party.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-09-2023, 08:51 PM   #147
wdmso

Quote:
Fact - there has never been a balanced budget since Clinton, neither by democrats nor Republicans. Pease tell us what the heck you are talking about.

https://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...ce-the-budget/
Just stating facts Jim not sure why that bugs you?
Old 01-09-2023, 09:11 PM   #148
wdmso

Quote:

"What your answer Jim?"

Here's how this went.

Jim keep your fantasy that anyone in a better situation than you is taking advantage of you or stealing or taking your tax money.

Keep thinking Republicans care if Social Security fails or you don’t get your money the money you deserve

You ask were the moneys going to come from ? ask your boy and his tax cuts ask your party and why they won’t touch the military budget?
like I told you if they’re not interested in cutting it. Their not interested in cutting spending

If the Republicans wanted to take a bit from here and a bit from there that would be reasonable even responsible.. but that’s not their reality

the GOP doesn’t give a darn about future generations. .fiscally or environmentally they only care about the next election cycle

Last edited by wdmso; 01-09-2023 at 09:24 PM..
Old 01-09-2023, 09:19 PM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just stating facts Jim not sure why that bugs you?
what fact? you lied and said democrats had balanced budgets after Clinton. that’s what you said, and it’s wrong.

You said CT teachers pay more into their pension (7%) than i pay into SS (12.4%). that’s what you said, and it’s wrong.

you said i was silent on trump racking up debt. That’s what you said and it’s wrong.

You’re facts need a serious tune up.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:38 AM   #150
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Diamond —of the right-wing, Trump- loving duo Diamond and Silk— has died. In late November, she was hospitalized due to COVID-19. The duo was fired by Fox News a couple years ago for spreading misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines. You cannot script this stuff.

Lets Go Darwin