Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
^^^who said this?

markets react to policy, which is something POTUS can control...POTUS can also release oil from our strategic reserves which will affect the market .....or beg Saudi's and Venezuelans to increase production, which will affect the market...could probably think of some other things.....
Trump demanded that Saudi Arabia cut back production back in 2020. According to Trump, he worked out a deal where OPEC producers would all agree to reduce their output. The reason we now have high oil prices is that they have not returned their production to pre-pandemic levels. Hey, by the media’s standards of what makes a politician responsible for an event in the world, this is practically airtight.

It’s more than a bit bizarre that Donald Trump literally boasted about getting oil producers to cut production, but somehow President Biden is held responsible for high gas prices.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-22-2022, 07:21 PM   #32
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I’d rather play it than live it
That's actually pretty funny. I got to remember to use that
Old 08-22-2022, 07:23 PM   #33
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

It’s more than a bit bizarre that Donald Trump literally boasted ....

yeah, he never does this....how weird....
Old 08-22-2022, 08:21 PM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Trump demanded that Saudi Arabia cut back production back in 2020. According to Trump, he worked out a deal where OPEC producers would all agree to reduce their output. The reason we now have high oil prices is that they have not returned their production to pre-pandemic levels. Hey, by the media’s standards of what makes a politician responsible for an event in the world, this is practically airtight.

It’s more than a bit bizarre that Donald Trump literally boasted about getting oil producers to cut production, but somehow President Biden is held responsible for high gas prices.
Tried exposing those facts . But denial is strong in the faithful
Old 08-22-2022, 10:43 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

President Biden’s job approval rating has risen 11% in the last month, according to (Jim’s favorite pollster) Rasmussen poll.

What do you attribute this to?

Could it be that he’s had some successes and Trump being in possession of stolen classified documents and trying to cover with nonsensical lies may finally have been the last straw for sane people.

Also the radical extremist GQP calling for dismantling of the FBI, DOJ and IRS and the shooting of federal agents.

The biggest lie the Right ever pulled off was convincing so many everyday Americans that the people wanting to give them affordable healthcare, education & a living wage were somehow the bad guys out to destroy America.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:29 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:

President Biden’s job approval rating has risen 11% in the last month, according to (Jim’s favorite pollster) Rasmussen poll.

there was no place to go but up......

NEWSWEEK U.S.
Joe Biden's Latest Approval Rating Lowest for Any President
BY EWAN PALMER ON 8/1/22
Old 08-23-2022, 05:03 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:

he's been hiding all month

I think, traditionally we are told that August polls are meaningless because nobody is paying attention....we'll see.....hopefully he can stay upright on that bike till November
Old 08-24-2022, 03:27 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:

this guy at MSNBC points out that brandon has only just returned to May approval numbers which were historically low and he has incredibly low approval numbers and higher disapproval compared to other presidents headed into a mid-term...when he comes out of hiding and America is reminded of who is still president I bet he slips again...hopefully doesn't break a hip....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	69116  
Old 08-24-2022, 06:25 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry troll, I paid 3.99 a gallon last night, and keep in mind.

We have two parties.

One is anti-democracy, anti-truth, and anti-rule of law.

The other is sometimes inept and foolish, with some fringe illiberal elements--but basically committed to the institutions and norms of liberal democracy and a free society.

It's not a tough choice.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:37 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:

Don’t worry troll

our high horse leftists are really on a roll lately.....
Old 08-24-2022, 07:47 AM   #41
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
our high horse leftists are really on a roll lately.....
snarky righties seem to be continuing with their same playbook.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:46 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
$6/gallon here we come.
Bump

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2022, 03:38 PM   #43
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

$2.85 a gal in East Prov.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #44
Nebe

Quote:
Bump
Biden did that.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #45
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Biden did that.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:25 PM   #46
wdmso

So the Joe Biden did this crowd with all their stickers on gas pumps and the GOP beating the same drum about hurting domestic oil production did our production increase did it stay the same. Yet gas has dropped from a high of 5.00 to 3.19

Now it’s crickets They just moved back to hunter
Old 12-19-2022, 09:38 PM   #47
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So the Joe Biden did this crowd with all their stickers on gas pumps and the GOP beating the same drum about hurting domestic oil production did our production increase did it stay the same. Yet gas has dropped from a high of 5.00 to 3.19

They are too busy comparing their Trump playing cards.
Old 12-20-2022, 06:14 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:

here you go, he got criticism when gas prices soared, he gets some praise when they come back down. but the prices are still higher than when he took office, right? that’s what he’ll be judged on. On what happened during his time in office.

He released gas from the reserves, increasing supply, which probably helped drive prices down.

Fair enough?
Old 12-20-2022, 06:49 AM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
here you go, he got criticism when gas prices soared, he gets some praise when they come back down. but the prices are still higher than when he took office, right? that’s what he’ll be judged on. On what happened during his time in office.

He released gas from the reserves, increasing supply, which probably helped drive prices down.

Fair enough?
Judgement day just like the mid terms.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:17 AM   #50
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
They are too busy comparing their Trump playing cards.
Stupidest #^&#^&#^&#^&ing thing I have ever seen next to the Patriots final play. Playing cards and he want to be President again.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 12-20-2022, 07:22 AM   #51
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
Stupidest #^&#^&#^&#^&ing thing I have ever seen next to the Patriots final play. Playing cards and he want to be President again.
GOP and Patriots play calling are both so bad, also if your going to sell collector cards, they need to highlight the real athletic Donald.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0923 (1).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	69357   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0924.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	69358  

Last edited by Got Stripers; 12-20-2022 at 07:32 AM..
Old 12-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #52
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
He doesn’t want to be president again, he HAS to be president again. In his mind, being re elected is the only way he can continue with his grifting, money laundering and/or selling of national classified information and not go to jail.
Its his Hail Mary play.
Old 12-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #53
wdmso

US to Become Net Exporter of Crude Oil in 2023

The United States already produces more oil than any other country in the world including Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Newsmax:

And this is the common theme in the comments

This is VINTAGE REUTERS MARXIST PROPOGANDA! We consume MUCH MORE THAN WE PRODUCE...THEREFORE YOU DUFUS MARXIST PROPAGANDA FILES AT REUTERS...We DO NOT EXPORT! NO MATTER HOW YOU TWIST THE STATISTICS...It is a complete lie!

No matter the topic the Newsmax comment section is a window into the hard core Maga base primary voters

Who in a loaded GOP primary will might get trump over finish line for 2024
Old 12-20-2022, 09:49 AM   #54
wdmso

Quote:

Fair enough?
but the prices are still higher than when he took office,

released gas from the reserves, increasing supply, which probably helped drive prices down.

Yes jim both are true and factors

But not really my point.. the GOP. Attacked Biden on gas prices ( basically lied ). Then again on the release of oil from the strategic oil reserves

They never cared about what Americans were paying at the pumps.. because they wanted those higher prices they thought they would get votes yet

GOP pans oil reserve sale despite a long and bipartisan history
Presidents from both parties have ordered sales from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to soften spikes in gas prices

Republicans are criticizing President Joe Biden's move to release 15 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to drive fuel prices down. There's just one catch: Former President Donald Trump proposed a similar idea during his administration, which many Republican lawmakers supported at the time.

Republicans have pinned the pain at the pump on Biden without explaining why, save for griping about a “Green New Deal” that never passed a Democratic Congress. The GOP has no real plans for reducing prices, and its one semblance of vague grunt of an idea, more drilling, would not do anything to lower prices at the pump.

The GOP can’t tell the Truth to their voters. If they do they will be labeled Rinos instantly
Old 12-20-2022, 09:49 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
US to Become Net Exporter of Crude Oil in 2023

The United States already produces more oil than any other country in the world including Saudi Arabia and Russia.
Newsmax:

And this is the common theme in the comments

This is VINTAGE REUTERS MARXIST PROPOGANDA! We consume MUCH MORE THAN WE PRODUCE...THEREFORE YOU DUFUS MARXIST PROPAGANDA FILES AT REUTERS...We DO NOT EXPORT! NO MATTER HOW YOU TWIST THE STATISTICS...It is a complete lie!

No matter the topic the Newsmax comment section is a window into the hard core Maga base primary voters

Who in a loaded GOP primary will might get trump over finish line for 2024
a crowded GOP field is exactly what Trump wants. It guarantees a win for him in the primaries. I don’t know if Desantis would beat him in a one-on-one primary, but regardless, if 8 republicans are splitting the non-Trump vote, then Trump wins the nomination.

You’re posting reader comments from Newsmax? There are zero kooky liberal comments on CNNs website, or The Young Turks?
Old 12-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Fair enough?
You want another pandemic shutdown?
Or do you just conveniently forget that oil prices tanked, your hero “negotiated” a market manipulation to increase crude prices and we then paid for that and repaired it during Biden’s administration.

Freaking Sith Lords

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-20-2022, 04:21 PM   #57
wdmso

Quote:
a crowded GOP field is exactly what Trump wants. It guarantees a win for him in the primaries. I don’t know if Desantis would beat him in a one-on-one primary, but regardless, if 8 republicans are splitting the non-Trump vote, then Trump wins the nomination.

You’re posting reader comments from Newsmax? There are zero kooky liberal comments on CNNs website, or The Young Turks?
Whats the deal with conservatives and their love of YouTube

The young Turks . Never heard of them Should I .. are they dangerous are they bigots do the promote violence? I looked them up they look pretty conventional

Also cnn doesn’t have a comment section or click baiting like newmax who cash in on outrage stories
Old 01-24-2023, 03:38 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

So Biden successfully lowered gas prices by using the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and even turned a profit for taxpayers by later refilling it at the lower prices— and now Republicans are trying to restrict his ability to use the reserve to lower prices.
Because….,,,
Old 01-24-2023, 05:07 PM   #59
Nebe

Quote:
So Biden successfully lowered gas prices by using the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and even turned a profit for taxpayers by later refilling it at the lower prices— and now Republicans are trying to restrict his ability to use the reserve to lower prices.
Because….,,,
because party over country thats why.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:35 PM   #60
wdmso

More oil leases in return for releasing oil from the strategic reserve typical GOP thinking suggesting oil lease equals more drilling. Kissing the fossil fuel industry’s ass

Yet their base can’t do an internet search
Combined, the oil and gas industry holds leases to more than 25 million acres of publicly-owned minerals, roughly half of which sit unused. Companies now hold more than 9,000 approved, but unused, drilling permits on national public lands, all of which could be put to use today.