Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-29-2022, 03:29 PM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If you want to increase trust in elections, mandate photo ids and require that we show an id to vote or to get an absontee ballot. this lack of trust is manufactured by republicans Lies they dont want election integrity

That's what any problem-solver would suggest to ensure election integrity. Presumably there's a reason why your side is so adamantly opposed to those things...
Any problem solver would know there is no problem to solve

If someone is opposed to drug tests, you kinda have to wonder what they're afraid of...

What's the proof Republicans love Putin? just look at the charts I posted I'd like to see that data...I remember when Obama mocked Mitt Romney for suggesting Putin was a threat, and everyone on the left LOVED it.
Even Republicans had more favorable opinion of the russians when Romney said That

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ing-democrats/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NBNDXWVXF5GPDOOWKWH6JBL54I.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	68813  
Old 03-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

First Rule at GOP Orgies: drop your burner phones in a bowl.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Bolton said he and Trump have spoken about how people have used “burner phones” to avoid having their calls scrutinized.

TFG thought Bolton said "burger phones", which refers to the red phones in the situation room with a direct line to McDonald's. All a big misunderstanding.
Big government Pete knows about burger phones and stuff. You can't fool authoritarian Pete when it's about true $hit.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:21 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

"Who cares about a 7 hour gap in the White House call records because HuNTerZ LApT0p" will be tonight's talking point on the Tuckadoodledo White Power Hour.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:23 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
"Who cares about a 7 hour gap in the White House call records because HuNTerZ LApT0p" will be tonight's talking point on the Tuckadoodledo White Power Hour.
Authoritarian Pete warns us about White Power.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:46 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

I’m no lawyer but I think Trump openly conspiring with Russia is gonna hurt his lawsuit against people who accused him of conspiring with Russia.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:18 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
I’m no lawyer but I think Trump openly conspiring with Russia is gonna hurt his lawsuit against people who accused him of conspiring with Russia.
Authoritarian Pete is not a lawyer, but he thinks.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:44 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Even Republicans had more favorable opinion of the russians when Romney said That

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ing-democrats/
i want election integrity, which is guaranteed if you require bids to vote and get an absinthe ballot. i’m not lying.

it’s also not lying to say that democrats oppose these simple and obvious steps to ensure integrity. again, it’s normal
to wonder why.

it’s not racist, or even political, to advocate for ids.

i’m not saying the gop doesn’t play games. sadly, they do. but ids are so obvious, it’s suspicious to resist it.

you’re reaction, as always, is that everything is ok when the left does it.

if you put a bunch of non-political
problem solvers i’m a room, and asked how they’d ensure election integrity, every one of them would say voter ids are the single
most important thing. there’s no argument against it.
Old 03-29-2022, 06:18 PM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Authoritarian Pete is not a lawyer, but he thinks.
Meanwhile on Russian state TV:

Host Evgeny Popov says it's time for the Russian people to call on Americans to change "the regime in the U.S." before its term expires "and to again help our partner Trump to become President."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-29-2022, 07:24 PM   #40
detbuch

Quote:

Host Evgeny Popov says it's time for the Russian people to call on Americans to change "the regime in the U.S." before its term expires "and to again help our partner Trump to become President."
Authoritarian Pete believes authoritarian Russian state TV. Makes sense.
Old 03-29-2022, 07:58 PM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s another reminder of what has long been obvious:

in the war between Ukraine and Russia, between Western freedom and authoritarian aggression, Donald Trump is on the anti-American side

he's the former president,
but not only that

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party TODAY
Old 03-29-2022, 08:48 PM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Here’s another reminder of what has long been obvious:

Authoritarian, omniscient Pete is reminding us about what is obvious. This is of immeasurable importance and benefit to the rest of us whom he understands are incapable of seeing or remembering the obvious.

n the war between Ukraine and Russia, between Western freedom and authoritarian aggression, Donald Trump is on the anti-American side

Authoritarian omniscient Pete obviously knows what side Trump is on. Trump has said he is anti-American many times.
At least, it is conjectured that that is what he said.

he's the former president,
but not only that

Authoritarian Pete is reminding us again what has long been obvious.

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party TODAY
Wow, that is so impressive! How he knows stuff we are not aware of. One of the inherent powers of the authoritarian mind, no doubt. Authoritarians think well of themselves. They just know so much.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:32 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

“Our partner Trump” is a phrase that will live in infamy.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:42 PM   #44
detbuch

Quote:
“Our partner Trump” is a phrase that will live in infamy.
Authoritarian Pete echos sentiments expressed by one of America's most successful Constitution busting authoritarians, FDR, who was a sort of Stalin's puppet. You and he have much in common, none of which is an original American characteristic.
Old 03-29-2022, 09:53 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Authoritarian Pete echos sentiments expressed by one of America's most successful Constitution busting authoritarians, FDR, who was a sort of Stalin's puppet. You and he have much in common, none of which is an original American characteristic.
Speaking of Originalism, both it and you are frauds.

It was conceived to be, and has turned out to be, a smokescreen for imposing arch-conservative social and political values on Americans who don’t share them.

Scalia was not an originalist, neither is Thomas. They are result-driven in the extreme.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-29-2022, 11:04 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
Speaking of Originalism, both it and you are frauds.

It was conceived to be, and has turned out to be, a smokescreen for imposing arch-conservative social and political values on Americans who don’t share them.

Scalia was not an originalist, neither is Thomas. They are result-driven in the extreme.
Arch-authoritarian Pete expounds on Originalism and convincingly exposes it and me as frauds. And he knows, because he is the authority, that, in spite of what has been written (no doubt by fraudulent experts) that Scalia and Thomas are not Originalists. That they are extremely and fraudulently driven to produce results. No doubt they lack the murky nuances of Progressive interpretation in which results are a matter of opinion.

Pete is a master of opinion, and conjecture . . .
Old 03-30-2022, 08:23 AM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
i want election integrity, which is guaranteed if you require bids to vote and get an absinthe ballot. i’m not lying.

it’s also not lying to say that democrats oppose these simple and obvious steps to ensure integrity. again, it’s normal
to wonder why.

it’s not racist, or even political, to advocate for ids.

i’m not saying the gop doesn’t play games. sadly, they do. but ids are so obvious, it’s suspicious to resist it.

you’re reaction, as always, is that everything is ok when the left does it.

if you put a bunch of non-political
problem solvers i’m a room, and asked how they’d ensure election integrity, every one of them would say voter ids are the single
most important thing. there’s no argument against it.
Jim Voter ID laws go back to 1950, when South Carolina became the first state to start requesting identification from voters at the polls.

Many state had some form of voter ID the Republicans started pushing for stricter laws

And if you look at the states Trump lost. They all had voter ID .
Just proving the election integrity laws some states are pushing is no restrict voting

Look at Texas they have had Non-strict, photo I’d even in 2021. Then Trump lost and they saw the voter Turn out it the state and went bananas , DNA

https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...hronology.aspx

Jim my issue isn’t with the need to show an ID in my town An election person ask my address finds it in a book ask my name matches it then draws a red line thru it. It’s been the same way for over 50 years . No problems and if the decided to change it to require an Strict photo ID . Based only that a candidate won or lost or some crazy was claiming mass voter fraud then I have a problem with that..

And that’s all these states did they saw Trump lose and then changed the laws to protect against something that didn’t happen ,

But since the base believe the lie the cowardly Reps went along with it
Old 03-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #48
wdmso

Quote:

Head over to newsmax the removal of Biden is in any comment section involving Ukraine! And good luck finding that suggestion about Putin

Conservatives were outrage that Biden said Putin shouldn’t stay in power .
Old 03-30-2022, 08:48 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim Voter ID laws go back to 1950, when South Carolina became the first state to start requesting identification from voters at the polls.

Many state had some form of voter ID the Republicans started pushing for stricter laws

And if you look at the states Trump lost. They all had voter ID .
Just proving the election integrity laws some states are pushing is no restrict voting

Look at Texas they have had Non-strict, photo I’d even in 2021. Then Trump lost and they saw the voter Turn out it the state and went bananas , DNA

https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...hronology.aspx

Jim my issue isn’t with the need to show an ID in my town An election person ask my address finds it in a book ask my name matches it then draws a red line thru it. It’s been the same way for over 50 years . No problems and if the decided to change it to require an Strict photo ID . Based only that a candidate won or lost or some crazy was claiming mass voter fraud then I have aBut since the base believe the lie problem with that..

And that’s all these states did they saw Trump lose and then changed the laws to protect against something that didn’t happen ,

the cowardly Reps went along with it
Do you have any idea, how often you respond to something I never said?

I am aware that many states have voter id laws. I never said otherwise. What I said, and I am correct, is that conservatives generally want more common voter id, and liberals generally want less of it. And that it's natural to be suspicious of anyone who'd oppose something so obvious.

I don't support voter id laws because I think they will help republicans win more often. I have no idea if that's true or not. I support voter id laws because they make obvious sense, and because there's no conceivable reason to oppose them, unless you think your side will benefit by not having them.

I'm not obsessed with my side winning every single election, every single year. It's healthy if the pendulum swings back and forth a little.

"But since the base believe the lie..."

What lie are you claiming that I believe? Please be specific.

You don't even know what it is that you're disagreeing with. If I said "two plus two is four", you'd say that was a republican lie. You thoughtlessly, reflexively, instantly conclude that every syllable uttered by every republican is a sinister lie. It's a stupid, simplistic, demonstrably false view of reality.

Liberals tend to oppose id laws, even claiming that they are racist, which is deranged, unless the process to get id is easier for whites than it is for blacks.
Old 03-30-2022, 08:53 AM   #50
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

"then changed the laws to protect against something that didn’t happen"

Kinda like passing a law that makes lynching a federal crime......because that was happening every day in this country until Biden and Co. stepped in and fixed it.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:03 AM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Ahmaud Arbery was murdered or, more accurately, lynched
Old 03-30-2022, 09:12 AM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
and then changed the laws to protect against something that didn’t happen ,

You guys complain that only 50% of the country trusts elections, then you bash the single idea that would restore confidence.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:17 AM   #53
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ahmaud Arbery was murdered or, more accurately, lynched
Just Stop! Seriously

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-30-2022, 10:22 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

I suppose if three people chase down another and murder him, it's what? Suicide by ????????

Now the Right wants national ID cards, so only card carrying members are allowed to vote.
No big government there.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-30-2022, 11:29 AM   #55
wdmso

Quote:
You guys complain that only 50% of the country trusts elections, then you bash the single idea that would restore confidence.
Jim you keep skipping over the party who has created this panic and the skepticism around the elections .. all based on a lie and pure dishonesty..

And Trump trying to steal the election is a major concern in that 50% and lack of trust in the election

If you can’t trust your own POTUS who can you Trust
Old 03-30-2022, 11:42 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you keep skipping over the party who has created this panic and the skepticism around the elections .. all based on a lie and pure dishonesty..

And Trump trying to steal the election is a major concern in that 50% and lack of trust in the election

If you can’t trust your own POTUS who can you Trust
I agree the GOP is beating this drum. But from what one of you guys posted, it doesn't look like independents are all that confident.

Let me ask you this...the upside to universal voter id law, is that it increases the integrity. What's the downside, exactly?

"And Trump trying to steal the election is a major concern"

But as we'd expect, it's not concerning to you when congressional democrats tried to steal the 2016 election. Shocker.

A Harvard poll (Harvard isn't a right wing school) has Trump beating Biden by 7 points. It's all amazing, actually. Americans say they like Trumps policies, then they elect Biden in a landslide, now they all soured on Biden. We are pretty fickle and stupid, collectively...

As much as I pray Trump doesn't run again, if he did and won...it would almost be worth it to see the left's reaction.
Old 03-30-2022, 02:01 PM   #57
wdmso

Quote:
I agree the GOP is beating this drum. But from what one of you guys posted, it doesn't look like independents are all that confident.

Let me ask you this...the upside to universal voter id law, is that it increases the integrity. What's the downside, exactly?

"And Trump trying to steal the election is a major concern"

But as we'd expect, it's not concerning to you when congressional democrats tried to steal the 2016 election. Shocker.

A Harvard poll (Harvard isn't a right wing school) has Trump beating Biden by 7 points. It's all amazing, actually. Americans say they like Trumps policies, then they elect Biden in a landslide, now they all soured on Biden. We are pretty fickle and stupid, collectively...

As much as I pray Trump doesn't run again, if he did and won...it would almost be worth it to see the left's reaction.

you saw the list ... and the vast majority of states require some form of ID ..

Its only red states that keep moving the goalposts based on there self created Voter fraud

Kinda like In Fla the no Gay bill being sold as protection of children
will prohibit primary school teachers from classroom instruction related to sexual orientation and gender identity,

which is not happening! i repeat not happening anywhere in FLA or the Nation just like CRT imagine that... or banning trans from girl sports suggesting its a rampant problem

Id like to Ask Ron why is this law needed NOW? Seeing Republicans Have controlled the Governorship . and the Senate and House in the state since 1999... are they suggesting the state board of education is complicit and has allowed and encouraged this outrage the Ron needed to Correct ?? it's just an election Stunt and the Base is taking it hook line and sinker
Old 03-30-2022, 03:18 PM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:

Kinda like In Fla the no Gay bill being sold as protection of children
will prohibit primary school teachers from classroom instruction related to sexual orientation and gender identity,

which is not happening! i repeat not happening anywhere in FLA or the Nation just like CRT imagine that... or banning trans from girl sports suggesting its a rampant problem

Id like to Ask Ron why is this law needed NOW? Seeing Republicans Have controlled the Governorship . and the Senate and House in the state since 1999... are they suggesting the state board of education is complicit and has allowed and encouraged this outrage the Ron needed to Correct ?? it's just an election Stunt and the Base is taking it hook line and sinker
"In Fla the no Gay bill"

Obviously you haven't read it. The bill doesn't have the word gay or homosexual in it. The bill forbids talking about sexuality of any kind (including heterosexuality, also banned) from grades K-3.

Is that really so outrageous? I was 4 when I started kindergarten.

You want 4 year-olds to be subjected to discussions on sexuality in school? That's important to you?

Why do you call it the no gay bill, if it also bans discussion of heterosexuality?

"which is not happening! i repeat not happening anywhere in FLA or the Nation"

Demonstrably, 100% lie. The last year that my kids were in public school, the town forced kids to watch a video about homosexuality, it showed two young boys making out (not a cartoon, it was real). The video (which parents were not notified about ahead of time), encouraged students to start and/or join gay advocacy groups.

If you google "teachers sexuality elementary school", you'll see as many examples as you like.

I can't imagine from where you got the idea that sexuality isn't being pushed in some elementary schools.

And the bill does nothing, absolutely nothing, to discriminate against gays.

I got fooled my reading false news not long ago, I was fooled into thinking that Bidens SCOTUS nominee ruled as a judge that pro lifers couldn't march. You told me I was wrong, and you were right, I was wrong. You are similarly wrong here. Let's see if you can admit it.

"just like CRT"

Again,. wrong. Irrefutable that kids were taught things like the notion that being born white bestows one with guilt or culpability. Whether it's called "CRT" anywhere, is irrelevant. It's teaching CRT.

"why is this law needed NOW?"

One of the very few benefits to covid, is that when kids were home for 18 months, and parents were also home, is that MANY parents saw for the first time, what's being taught in their schools. This issue has a heightened awareness right now. The left is losing its marbles right now. And obviously, he's playing to his base, politics is part of it obviously.

Not a good post for you, chock full of demonstrable falsehoods.

Did you answer my question, whats
the harm of universal id laws?

wayne,?if there’s no voter fraud then there’s no reason to not support voter id laws, i less it’s harder for blacks to get ids, which we know isn’t the case.

if sexuality is never discussed in any elementary school, then there’s no reason to oppose Desantis’ law, because it wouldn’t change anything.

And if CRT isn’t being taught, there’s no reason to oppose laws banning it, because again, he law wouldn’t change a thing.

there’s a reason why people
oppose such things.

these are huge losing issues for your side. don’t you understand that the whole
country isn’t like San Francisco?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 03-30-2022 at 03:44 PM..
Old 03-30-2022, 04:25 PM   #59
Jim in CT

wayne, you say sexuality is t taught anywhere ( you even used an exclamation point!).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...235421707.html
Old 03-30-2022, 05:23 PM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump on tape now asking Putin to help dig up dirt on the Biden’s, so almost everyone with a moral bone in their body condemns Putin for the brutality he is inflicting on innocent civilians and our former president is still on the hook to his bromance buddy.