Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-08-2021, 03:33 PM   #91
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ending the fillibuster (Henry Clay 1841), stacking the supreme court (Congress changed the
Court’s size multiple times during the nineteenth century.)
, giving voting rights to illegals (no person with actual influence has called for this), and adding states to get around the electoral college (In 1889 and 1890, Congress added North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming—the largest admission of states since the original 13. This addition of 12 new senators and 18 new electors to the Electoral College was a deliberate strategy of late-19th-century Republicans to stay in power after their swing toward Big Business cost them a popular majority. The strategy paid dividends deep into the future; indeed, the admission of so many rural states back then helps to explain GOP control of the Senate today, 130 years later.), have never been seriously considered until now, not by people with actual influence.

we elected the dems, so if those things happen, we deserve it. but let’s not say those are things that have been seriously considered.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
But you are arguably incorrect.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 04:49 PM   #92
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But you are arguably incorrect.
Did Jim actually write that crap? Our collective knowledge of history isn't very good I guess.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:30 PM   #93
spence

Republican Sen. Ben Sasse has just revealed that he heard from senior White House officials that President Trump was "delighted" and "excited" to hear that his supporters were breaking into the Capitol building in a riot Wednesday that turned deadly.

“As this was unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as you had rioters pushing against Capitol Police trying to get into the building."
Old 01-08-2021, 06:39 PM   #94
detbuch

If you want any inkling that might possibly in the slightest manner penetrate your self-righteous Progressive/leftist/Democrat mind . . . any inkling of what your politically inbred political and social narrative is breeding in the minds of the other half of the country, watch this:

Old 01-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile in the real world
Twitter thinks Trump is a permanent national security threat
Old 01-08-2021, 06:58 PM   #96
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Just like JohnR had to do with a dopey malcontent.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-08-2021, 07:30 PM   #97
detbuch

Quote:
Twitter is not the real world. It is a corporate left leaning authoritarian tool. It will begin to lose market to new formed competitors such as Parler. Facebook likewise to Rumble. Unless . . . "In a letter to the developers of Parler, Apple said it will pull the app in 24 hours if it does not get a plan to moderate the service more" . . . censorious crony corporate authoritarianism on the rise

Thought control. Language control. Mind control. The so-called American Experiment is in serious decline.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:55 PM   #98
detbuch

Quote:
And, yeah, this video is the real world of what those you try to marginalize and destroy really think about your biased, reactionary, inflammatory parroting of the left wing authoritarian narrative (refusing to watch it exposes your narrow minded insularity, your willful ignorance):

Old 01-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #99
Pete F.
Canceled

Twitter says it has seen conversation on and off Twitter of a “proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.”
Old 01-08-2021, 08:13 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Twitter says it has seen conversation on and off Twitter of a “proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.”
Did they inform the FBI? Probably don't need to. Our massive government surveillance of Americans has probably already caught that. Has Twitter banned the CCP or the Iranian death to America crowd yet?

And there's youtube--watch that video just posted above? Or are you just too comfortable in your radical ignorance?
Old 01-08-2021, 08:28 PM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Did they inform the FBI? Probably don't need to. Our massive government surveillance of Americans has probably already caught that. Has Twitter banned the CCP or the Iranian death to America crowd yet?

And there's youtube--watch that video just posted above? Or are you just too comfortable in your radical ignorance?
Just run off to Parler or Rumble and live in your imaginary world with President Donnie Camacho.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 08:58 PM   #102
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

"It takes bomb-makers to build bombs. It takes leaders to create insurrection & sedition. We need to know who they are & make sure they’re no longer capable of harming us."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-08-2021, 09:39 PM   #103
detbuch

Quote:
"It takes bomb-makers to build bombs. It takes leaders to create insurrection & sedition. We need to know who they are & make sure they’re no longer capable of harming us."
Ok. Get those who built the bombs. You do realize it was a "mostly peaceful protest" not an insurrection.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
Just run off to Parler or Rumble and live in your imaginary world with President Donnie Camacho.
This is exactly the kind of stupid willfully ignorant comment that divides us.

But the content of this video is not imaginary. It is real:

Old 01-08-2021, 10:16 PM   #105
Ian
Idiot

This particular thread is a microcosm of what’s wrong with this country
Old 01-08-2021, 11:13 PM   #106
detbuch

There is a sort of insanity to what is being done to make it difficult for "right wingers" to publicly speak their version. Check out the first twenty minutes of this video:

Old 01-08-2021, 11:51 PM   #107
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
There is a sort of insanity to what is being done to make it difficult for "right wingers" to publicly speak their version. Check out the first twenty minutes of this video:

Alternate facts are a buuuuuuitch

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:24 AM   #108
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Alternate facts are a buuuuuuitch
How do you resolve the difference between alternate facts? Separate? Or find a common ground? I don't see the common ground between the Progressive agenda and the constitutional order. It's been a discussion I have tried to start. No one seems to want to participate. Do you?
Old 01-09-2021, 03:20 AM   #109
scottw

got this from my kid's high school superintendent...

"tips on how to talk to your child about what happened in Washington"

You can also use this as a teachable moment to help older kids and teens develop critical-thinking and media literacy skills as they witness this historic moment.

The differences between how pro-Trump protestors and how Black and Brown protestors are treated by police and described in the media can exacerbate feelings of inequality. It's important to acknowledge these triggers and give everyone the space they need to express their feelings.

Which words are journalists or social media influencers using to talk about the situation or the people involved? Do you think they would use different words if the rioters were Black, Latinx, or Muslim?

How was the police response and the news coverage different from the Black Lives Matter protests?

What differences do you see in the way the media is talking about the situation compared to the Black Lives Matter protests? Do they use different words to refer to this event and the people involved?

I don't remember the superintendent sending any letters out over the last year tell us how to talk(what to think) to our kids about the violence and destruction going on around the country by leftist groups...and there was plenty of material there.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	136109336_4849271231810706_1731243168349317082_n.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	67608  

Last edited by scottw; 01-09-2021 at 03:45 AM..
Old 01-09-2021, 03:36 AM   #110
scottw

UMass Memorial employee who 'may have been involved' in violence at Capitol loses job

UMass Memorial Health Care said an employee who "may have been involved" in the violence in Washington on Wednesday is no "longer part of our organization."

The hospital released a statement Friday via Twitter, saying they learned one their employees could have been involved in the violence at the Capitol.

wow...if they weren't do they get their job back?

Last edited by scottw; 01-09-2021 at 03:44 AM..
Old 01-09-2021, 07:20 AM   #111
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
UMass Memorial employee who 'may have been involved' in violence at Capitol loses job

UMass Memorial Health Care said an employee who "may have been involved" in the violence in Washington on Wednesday is no "longer part of our organization."

The hospital released a statement Friday via Twitter, saying they learned one their employees could have been involved in the violence at the Capitol.

wow...if they weren't do they get their job back?
If they don’t have proof that person acted criminally, then that’s a dumb move and likely grounds for legal action.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:33 AM   #112
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Traitors View Post

If they don’t have proof that person acted criminally, then that’s a dumb move and likely grounds for legal action.
wait....I've barely left my house for the last week because I've had a lot of work to do...I've never voted for trump, never been to a trump rally and don't really like him just think he's better than bidenpeolsischumer....

but you told me I'm a "traitor by association"....

"Your guy is a traitor attempting a coup, you by association are the same" signed Got Stripers

Last edited by scottw; 01-10-2021 at 02:57 AM..
Old 01-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #113
Pete F.
Canceled

I am old enough to remember the anti-anti-Trumpers who decided they were being forced to support the president because of the radicalism of Democrats and their associated mobs. Are you?
Old 01-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #114
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trumps melt down is in high gear, he hasn’t called, talked to or met with Pence since the chamber was breached. Trump supporters heard find and hang Pence, no call to ask how are you doing my friend, oh forget friends are enemies quickly in Trump world. If only he could fire him in his closing weeks he could have his revenge.

No recount, no Twitter, potentially making history by being impeached twice, cold shoulder for Pence and he will pout in the residence during inauguration if he makes it that far.

So what are the odds that he will actually pull a Nixon and smartly resign so Pence can pardon him.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #115
Pete F.
Canceled

This is not playing out the way elected GOP thought or hoped. Smart ones will start throwing Trump under the bus now.
One could argue that members of his administration and enablers are at least complicit in aiding & abetting rebellion, insurrection, treason, vandalism...2nd degree murder & involuntary manslaughter. There must be consequences.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #116
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime
Old 01-10-2021, 11:13 AM   #117
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe Biden is being pushed to support impeaching Trump because of far left forces including Chris Christie, the WSJ, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Senator Toomey, etc
Old 01-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #118
spence

Quote:
Joe Biden is being pushed to support impeaching Trump because of far left forces including Chris Christie, the WSJ, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Senator Toomey, etc
All antifa
Old 01-10-2021, 12:46 PM   #119
scottw

Quote:

One could argue that members of his administration and enablers are at least complicit in aiding & abetting rebellion, insurrection, treason, vandalism...2nd degree murder & involuntary manslaughter.

one could argue that all of us are enablers and at least complicit in your insanity....

you and Got Traitors should start a consulting company hunting down enemies of the state through the internets....
Old 01-10-2021, 06:03 PM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly Troll, you need to learn how to quote.
Are you spending your time looking for Tweety’s missing votes?

“This is not playing out the way elected GOP thought or hoped. Smart ones will start throwing Trump under the bus now.
One could argue that members of his administration and enablers are at least complicit in aiding & abetting rebellion, insurrection, treason, vandalism...2nd degree murder & involuntary manslaughter. There must be consequences.”