Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-02-2023, 01:02 PM   #31
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Skilled at posting Gifs. Beyond that just an empty vessel
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It is a gif(t)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	83B468A8-D808-4E38-BD70-94A557F06CD5.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	69528  

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 02-02-2023, 01:31 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
so your the Republican mayor of Bridgeport what’s your plan besides blaming Democrats? I am guessing like most so called principled republicans you don’t have a plan .

:
I honestly don't get how you can have absolutely no idea what would be a good plan.

The facts are clear, we only need to do 3 things to practically eliminate poverty.

Graduate high school
work full time
don't make babies until youre 21.

That's it, it's that simple. SO I'd do what I could, to incentivize and encourage people to make these decisions, and reduce incentives to make the wrong decisions.

Liberals think everyone is better off if the government sends them money. But it removes the incentive to work. It's common sense, but if you are devoid of common sense, the results make it obvious that it's the case.

Liberals think it's smart to pay young girls to have babies, and to pay them extra if they aren't married. Why would you then be surprised when there are more fatherless kids? It's common sense, but if you are devoid of common sense, the results make it obvious that it's the case.

The liberal motto seems at time to be, "if it feels good, do it". Well, it turns out that's short-sighted and stupid.

And if I was mayor, I'd go after drug dealers the way the Barzinis went after Sonny Corleone at the toll booth. Brutal and old school.

It's not even partisan. It's a normal, rational, problem-solving reaction, to the irrefutable data. We know what works, and we know what doesn't work. So you incentivize what works, and you provide disincentives for what doesn't. It will be a lot more effective than blaming honkeys and cops.

Instead of asking me what my plan is, ask the democrat mayor of Bridgeport, :why isn't that your plan"?

It's a lot easier in the short term, to say to the citizens of Bridgeport, "there there, it's not your fault, vote for me and I'll give you more welfare than my opponent, and welfare is what you want, you don't want to have to go to work".

It's not easy. It's very hard to do. But it's simple.

Get educated.
Work hard
Dont have kids until youre married and over 21.

Regardless of race, people who follow these unbelievably simple rules, have extremely low poverty rates. That's true whether you like it or not.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:44 PM   #33
wdmso

The facts are clear, we only need to do 3 things to practically eliminate poverty.

Graduate high school
work full time

Simplistic solutions for simplistic people

As expected, graduation rates are higher in blue states, and they are in red

The US teen birth rate (births per 1,000 females aged 15 to 19 years) has been declining since 1991.

As of December 2022, there were 131.81 million full-time employees in the United States. This is an increase from December 2021, when there were 129.82 million full-time employees.

Based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 400,000 Americans work two full-time jobs. In September 2022, 4.9% of all the more than 164 million US workers held two or more job positions, over 7.7 million
Old 02-02-2023, 01:54 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:

Graduate high school
work full time

Simplistic solutions for simplistic people

As expected, graduation rates are higher in blue states, and they are in red

The US teen birth rate (births per 1,000 females aged 15 to 19 years) has been declining since 1991.

As of December 2022, there were 131.81 million full-time employees in the United States. This is an increase from December 2021, when there were 129.82 million full-time employees.

Based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 400,000 Americans work two full-time jobs. In September 2022, 4.9% of all the more than 164 million US workers held two or more job positions, over 7.7 million
"Simplistic solutions for simplistic people"

If that's not an effective solution, please support that. I posted the data from the Brookings institution supporting that. You dismiss it as simplistic, with zero evidence?

Sorry, it's not a lame solution, just because you happen to say so. Show me what you base that conclusion on, or else you made it up.

It is simple. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. Turning on a light by flipping a switch is pretty simple. That doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Here's what also sounds simple...cure poverty by giving money to poor people. We've done that. It sounds simple. The data is also clear on that. It doesn't work.

"The US teen birth rate (births per 1,000 females aged 15 to 19 years) has been declining since 1991."

Doesn't mention fatherlessness. Especially among blacks.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:41 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

If that's not an effective solution, please support that. I posted the data from the Brookings institution supporting that. You dismiss it as simplistic, with zero evidence?

Sorry, it's not a lame solution, just because you happen to say so. Show me what you base that conclusion on, or else you made it up.

It is simple. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. Turning on a light by flipping a switch is pretty simple. That doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Here's what also sounds simple...cure poverty by giving money to poor people. We've done that. It sounds simple. The data is also clear on that. It doesn't work.

"The US teen birth rate (births per 1,000 females aged 15 to 19 years) has been declining since 1991."

Now tell us how the uppity ni—ers we’re better off as slaves, all they want to do is….what do you expect

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-02-2023, 03:45 PM   #36
wdmso

Quote:

So your 3 step plan only applies to blacks.. got it..
Old 02-02-2023, 04:10 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
no. it applies to, and has been proven to work for, all races. But blacks need it more then some other races. where didn’t say it would only apply to blacks?

You seem very pathetically desperate to keep it a secret that these simple steps would be so helpful to blacks. We can only wonder what your motivation is.

I’m responding to data from the Brookings Institute, and as far as i know, the data has never been debunked. So if that’s true, why are you so adamantly opposed to simple rules which have been proven to help so many people avoid poverty? why are you so desperate to ignore them?

I am not suggesting these rules because i “want” them to be the answer. I suggest them because the data shows there’s a great chance they “are” the answer.

Seems like you’re not necessarily interested in certain solutions. Why is that? Please explain. Sure sounds like you have a motive other than helping poor people. Not sure what else it could be.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:17 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here's what I said earlier...

"The Brookings Institute found that following 3 simple steps (regardless of race) drastically reduces poverty rates."

Then, I also said this:
"Regardless of race, people who follow these unbelievably simple rules, have extremely low poverty rates."

From that, you somehow accuse me of saying "your 3 step plan only applies to blacks"

I said multiple times it applies to all races. But that's not enough for it to sink in with you.

Wayne, there aren't 5 people on the planet Earth who would read my posts that I cited here, and accuse me of saying it only applies to blacks. I just don't know what else to say, you just can't keep up with very simple things. It doesn't matter what I say, you hear what you want to hear. Like Pete.

Good luck with that.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:50 PM   #39
wdmso

Ohio officials are investigating pro-Nazi home schoolers

Ohio’s education department said it would investigate the apparent use of fascist materials by a home-schooling network after reports that the pro-Nazi group is run by a couple living in the state. The course materials denigrate the intelligence of African Americans and celebrate Adolf Hitler.

To all Republicans and Conservatives. This is actually what indoctrination looks like in education …. But but CRT
Old 02-03-2023, 07:01 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Here's what I said earlier...

"The Brookings Institute found that following 3 simple steps (regardless of race) drastically reduces poverty rates."

Then, I also said this:
"Regardless of race, people who follow these unbelievably simple rules, have extremely low poverty rates."

From that, you somehow accuse me of saying "your 3 step plan only applies to blacks"

I said multiple times it applies to all races. But that's not enough for it to sink in with you.

Wayne, there aren't 5 people on the planet Earth who would read my posts that I cited here, and accuse me of saying it only applies to blacks. I just don't know what else to say, you just can't keep up with very simple things. It doesn't matter what I say, you hear what you want to hear. Like Pete.

Good luck with that.
Poor victim
Get back to me when you find a way to get people to do that.
Until then you might as well have more deep thoughts that will never happen to most people like:
Regardless of race, people who inherit a fortune are wealthy.

Since you referenced me, it’s obvious that you hid from the questions I posed in the other thread because they expose the fallacy of your simplistic plan.

You’ve admitted that some Asians do well, some do not.
However “Blacks” in your mind, a monolithic totally homogenous group, do not.
Why do some Asians do better than others, is it cultural or genetic?
What about the circumstances that led them to arrive in America
Did some arrive here under different immigration conditions?
What was the societal status of the immigrants family in the place they left?
What is their societal status now?

Now do blacks, same questions

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-04-2023, 09:07 AM   #41
wdmso

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan sent out the first subpoenas of the new Republican majority to Biden administration officials on Friday, Politico reported.

The Ohio Republican is targeting documents related to how the FBI treated parents in the wake of alleged threats against school officials during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Funny Gym expects people to respect his subpoenas. LOL. Hope people claim the 5th 500 times

Yep nothing again on inflation or gas prices The GOPQ strikes again
Old 02-04-2023, 09:15 AM   #42
wdmso

Comer another GOPQ darling of the MAGA universe comments on the Chinese Balloon

Is that bioweapons in that balloon? Did that balloon take off from Wuhan?

"This is very concerning," Comer said. "Unless China is working with the Biden administration to help find some of those missing documents that are scattered all over the United States,F